Sign in to follow this  
jocstrap

What slow rb would you take a chance on?

The Updated List:

Edge James

Rudi Johson

Shuan Alexander

Lendale White

Duece Mcallister

Jamal Lewis

Cedric Benson

Reggie Bush

Edge - If he breaks one over 12 yards...what am I saying :mad:

Rudi 1300 yards 12 td's is a given - nope Jocstrap took him for the first time ever last year

Shuan slo mo Alexander - this guy has won <_< for many people in the PAST

Lenwhale White - dude doesn't get many long ones, but he'll 4 yard you do death

Deuce Mcallister - is he even going to play this year? Haven't heard about rehab in a while

OR YOU CAN TAKE THE FIELD - - Chicago/Detroit/Houston

Edited thanks to Vikes - Jamal Lewis is now officially added to the list.

Edited thanks to Eefflrat - Cedric Benson is now officially on the list - put a name to the field bet

Edited - Reggie Bush - Gepetto - - check post 30 stats and I'm accepting easily with the amount of bla bla bla coming out from Reggie 22 yard longest rushing in 2 years Bust"h"

Edge - If he breaks one over 12 yards...what am I saying :mad:

Rudi 1300 yards 12 td's is a given - nope Jocstrap took him for the first time ever last year

Shuan slo mo Alexander - this guy has won <_< for many people in the PAST

Lenwhale White - dude doesn't get many long ones, but he'll 4 yard you do death

Deuce Mcallister - is he even going to play this year? Haven't heard about rehab in a while

OR YOU CAN TAKE THE FIELD - - Chicago/Detroit/Houston

I know he burned alot of people, but I would go with Rudi. Deuce and Shaun have too many durability concerns and Edge sometimes gets pulled in goal line situations. I'm hoping starting the year healthy will get him back to a 10+ td season.

LenWhale was good to me last year. If the Titans don't add another back, maybe.

Another missing from your list: Jamal Lewis.

LenWhale was good to me last year. If the Titans don't add another back, maybe.

Another missing from your list: Jamal Lewis.

Good point on Jamal... although almost half of those TDs came against the Hawks.

I like LenWhale. He doesn't have the miles the other ones have.

Considering Jamals situation in Cleveland, when compared to all those other backs listed, if I had to choose, I would be tempted to take Jamal over any of them.

You could add T.Jones to the list. If the Jets dont come out of the draft with a RB, he could be a bargain running behind a better OL and T.Richardson at FB

You could add T.Jones to the list. If the Jets dont come out of the draft with a RB, he could be a bargain running behind a better OL and T.Richardson at FB

I was thinking about Thomas Jones, but then I would have to put MBIII in that same list. Plus I want T.J. to stay off the radar at this point :ninja:

Who I'd go with in order:

Lendale

Edge

Rudi

Alexander

I've been thinking of T. Jones as a value sleeper as well. The O-line should be improved, hopefully they do a better job with their play calling. QB play will be the deciding factor. Clemens hasn't shown anything special, and it baffles me why a team wouldn't run a version of the West Coast Offense with a guy like Pennington (weak arm, great accuracy, smart, tough and fairly mobile)

After 3 straight years of falling lower in the draft than he should and paying solid dividends, Rudi Johnson finally disapointed.

I'm willing to give him a pass. He's only 28 y.o., plays for a good offensive team, and once again he'll fall lower in the draft than he should.

Jamal has been added - great choice also :pointstosky:

Jamal looked very quick last season. He trimmed down and it looked like his ankle healed up. He had very good speed in the past until it looked like he broke down the last couple of seasons prior to 2007.

Considering Jamals situation in Cleveland, when compared to all those other backs listed, if I had to choose, I would be tempted to take Jamal over any of them.

jamal lewis had the 6th most runs over 20 yards, and is tied for the 4th most over 40 yards.

Why is lewis considered a slow back?

Jamal looked very quick last season. He trimmed down and it looked like his ankle healed up. He had very good speed in the past until it looked like he broke down the last couple of seasons prior to 2007.

I hate you in the way that micheal vick hates pitbulls. No one mentioned jamal lewis for 2 days, and i type out a post to mention him, and noticed that you beat me by 1 minute :pointstosky:

I hate you in the way that micheal vick hates pitbulls. No one mentioned jamal lewis for 2 days, and i type out a post to mention him, and noticed that you beat me by 1 minute :pointstosky:

Vick loves his dogs. He says so in a commercial.

my guess is, Alexander is a June 1 cap casualty, but gets signed by the Titans to an incentive-laden deal, and the two-headed vat of RB molasses named Shlendaun Whiteander goes for a 3.7 average and 4 TDs.

my guess is, Alexander is a June 1 cap casualty, but gets signed by the Titans to an incentive-laden deal, and the two-headed vat of RB molasses named Shlendaun Whiteander goes for a 3.7 average and 4 TDs.

:doublethumbsup: - - 14 1 yard td's more like!

Nigerian Nightmare Christian Okoye...... Marion Butts.... Natrone Means..... Cleveland Gary

Cedric Benson......

What the hell. Somehow I think this guy will get another chance to prove himself.

Disclaimer...I do own him. And T Jones, and Jamal so I figured I'd add more to your slow back list. And I do have Julius too.

:banana: - - 14 1 yard td's more like!

Sounds like the career stats of Barry Sander's backups (lost many a game watching him run 64yds and get tackled at the freakin' 2!) , Charles Way and a few others that seemed to kill me at one trim or another!!!! And no Curtis P.Enis jokes please, he was my first rd pick his rookie year...a looonngg time to make up for that crapper.....

Gotta love fantasy football :wall:

Lendale White is garbage, but he's a mile ahead of the rest of those guys.

He's extremely unexciting, but I think calling him garbage is pretty extreme. He's a good fit for the more boring offenses in the league.

He's extremely unexciting, but I think calling him garbage is pretty extreme. He's a good fit for the more boring offenses in the league.

I think if the passing game ever got going for TN Lendale could average 4.0 YPC. A lot of people don't realize that he faced a stacked box all season long. But until VY and the gang show any improvement he'll never be better than a #2 RB for fantasy.

I think if the passing game ever got going for TN Lendale could average 4.0 YPC. A lot of people don't realize that he faced a stacked box all season long. But until VY and the gang show any improvement he'll never be better than a #2 RB for fantasy.

excellent point

Cedric Benson......

What the hell. Somehow I think this guy will get another chance to prove himself.

Disclaimer...I do own him.

My condolences.

Cedric Benson......

Disclaimer...I do own him. And T Jones, and Jamal so I figured I'd add more to your slow back list. And I do have Julius too.

I dont think Benson is slow. He's just a bad player.

Man, how could I forget Benson. Longest run in the NFL is a 43 yard TD. You would think a first round pick would get one run over 50 yards in 3 years.

Benson's Longest

2005 - rush 36 yard - - - - - receiving 3 yard (one reception granted)

2006 - rush 30 yard - - - - - receiving 22 yarder

2007 - rush 43td - - -- - - -receiving 19 yarder

Jerious Norwood's longest

2006 - rush 78 yard td - - - - - -- receiving 32 yarder

2007 - rush 67 yard td - - - - - - receiving 46 yarder\

I'm just saying :thumbsup:

Man, how could I forget Benson. Longest run in the NFL is a 43 yard TD. You would think a first round pick would get one run over 50 yards in 3 years.

Benson's Longest

2005 - rush 36 yard - - - - - receiving 3 yard (one reception granted)

2006 - rush 30 yard - - - - - receiving 22 yarder

2007 - rush 43td - - -- - - -receiving 19 yarder

Jerious Norwood's longest

2006 - rush 78 yard td - - - - - -- receiving 32 yarder

2007 - rush 67 yard td - - - - - - receiving 46 yarder\

I'm just saying :headbanger:

Reggie Bush's longest run in his NFL career is 22 yards. Reggie Bush

Reggie Bush's longest run in his NFL career is 22 yards. Reggie Bush

Now this is an excellent find Gepetto :thumbsdown: .

I trust the facts - BushDartsandcan'tgetalongrunin18gamesisonthelist :music_guitarred: