Sign in to follow this  
Karmarian

Detroit losing to 76ers

Detroit won 19 more games than the 76ers and still got beat, I was soo damn happy, even though I know end result most likely will be different. But still I love watching Detroit lose. By the way, don't underestimate philly because A.Miller, Dalembert, and Iguodala are 3 bad mofo's!!

PHILLY BASKETBALL!!!

BWAHAHA!!!

I haven't been around much lately, but had to check in and see what the No D-troit fans had to say about their home court embarrassment.

Lifelong Philly fan who was dead set against the Mo Cheeks hiring. Still scratching my head over they've turned it around with this roster. This is a guy who truly did a horrible job in Portland and up until 60 days ago with Philly. And, quite frankly, the Sixers roster sucks. Iguodala is a decent #2 option on an ok team, but you'll never win consistently with him as "The Man". Andre Miller has always been a tough one to figure out. He's had stretches earlier in his career where he was brilliant, but they don't tend to last long. Dalembert? Can barely get out of his own way on offense, and his defense is limited to shot blocking. Young may be ok down the road; same with Carney. Evans? Williams? Yikes.

Pistons will win the series, and I truly believe Philly is an aberration. But it doesn't change how much I enjoyed watching "Mr Big Shot" miss clutch FT's and pass up the big shot. And there may be little in sports more enjoyable than watching Wallace lose.

PHILLY BASKETBALL!!!

BWAHAHA!!!

I haven't been around much lately, but had to check in and see what the No D-troit fans had to say about their home court embarrassment.

Lifelong Philly fan who was dead set against the Mo Cheeks hiring. Still scratching my head over they've turned it around with this roster. This is a guy who truly did a horrible job in Portland and up until 60 days ago with Philly. And, quite frankly, the Sixers roster sucks. Iguodala is a decent #2 option on an ok team, but you'll never win consistently with him as "The Man". Andre Miller has always been a tough one to figure out. He's had stretches earlier in his career where he was brilliant, but they don't tend to last long. Dalembert? Can barely get out of his own way on offense, and his defense is limited to shot blocking. Young may be ok down the road; same with Carney. Evans? Williams? Yikes.

Pistons will win the series, and I truly believe Philly is an aberration. But it doesn't change how much I enjoyed watching "Mr Big Shot" miss clutch FT's and pass up the big shot. And there may be little in sports more enjoyable than watching Wallace lose.

Yea it was pretty funny because right as I tell this girl I was watching the game with that Billups rarely missed free throws, he misses both. She looked at me like I was some idiot. I hope detroit loses one more because there's nothing that makes me more happier than seeing them lose...well that also go's for San Antonio. Btw, about Andre Miller...he's having one of his best seasons ever. Especially scoring wise, he's averaging 17.1pts per game, that's a career high for him. I mean yea when he used to score less he used to average like 9 assists per game but 7 assists per game is not bad at all.

At least they've got the Tigers :overhead:

err....Lions? :unsure:

I mean....

Redwings! :pointstosky: :headbanger: :thumbsup:

Meh, it's one game, Milwaukee beat them at home in the first round when they won the championship. I didn't see the game, i heard Billups is the one who lost it for them, which is suprising.

Sixers are definitely the team who maxes out their talent the most, they play with intensity. A lot of people thought philly could take the stones to 6, i wasn't one of them but it looks like they could. I think they will win the next 4 and win in 5, but, we'll see.

Meh, it's one game, Milwaukee beat them at home in the first round when they won the championship. I didn't see the game, i heard Billups is the one who lost it for them, which is suprising.

Sixers are definitely the team who maxes out their talent the most, they play with intensity. A lot of people thought philly could take the stones to 6, i wasn't one of them but it looks like they could. I think they will win the next 4 and win in 5, but, we'll see.

:doublethumbsup:

Why am I not surprised. I've been telling you for two years now Detroit is an old team that can't keep up with teams that have speed. They'll probably still end up beating Philly, which they should, but Detroit is about the 5th best team in the league behind San Antonio, Boston, Lakers, and probably Utah. Get used to it now... that way you'll save yourself the disappointment.

:dunno:

Why am I not surprised. I've been telling you for two years now Detroit is an old team that can't keep up with teams that have speed. They'll probably still end up beating Philly, which they should, but Detroit is about the 5th best team in the league behind San Antonio, Boston, Lakers, and probably Utah. Get used to it now... that way you'll save yourself the disappointment.

:thumbsup: only the 5th best team in the league?!?!?!? For shame !!!

Wow, good for philly though, they are taking it to Detroit. On paper, Philly has no buisness even playing detroit in the playoffs, but, obviously on the court they are proving otherwise.

It seems that if the Wings doing bad in the playoffs, the stones are doing good and vise versa, and the Wings are now doing great, so.....

:thumbsup: only the 5th best team in the league?!?!?!? For shame !!!

Well, if you're hoping the team to win it all that's not that great. And if you have read any of Can't Touch This posts over the years you'd think the Pistons would win it every year. And I did say about. If they were in the Western Conference they would be lower than that.

Tayshaun Prince is the their best all-around player at this point...they need to run more offense through him and less through Rasheed Wallace....that much is fairly clear.

Tayshaun Prince is the their best all-around player at this point...they need to run more offense through him and less through Rasheed Wallace....that much is fairly clear.

I think the problem with Prince is that he's simply not physically strong enough to be the go-to guy. They're not a team loaded with great perimeter shooters, and that's what made a guy like Wallace so valuable. At his best, he's as much a threat inside as out. But Prince can't consistently initiate the offense from the low block; he's just too easy to push off that spot.

Another issue is the Pistons overall speed is so bad that they rely on Prince as the eraser in transition defense. Hard to count how many times we've seen him chase down a fast break from behind. The more offensive responsibility he's saddled with, the less able he is to fill that role.

Detroit is old and, though their bench has been effective this season, those guys are not building blocks for the future. Maxiel is an energy player, but not big enough or skilled enough to be a full time force. Stuckey? Who knows, but I don't see anything special about him. Hunter graduated high school with my Mom, who turned 83 in February.

The Pistons are poised to have a precipitous fall, and we've all seen what Saunders can do when the talent isn't there. Folks in Motown better hope the Lions get good in a hurry. Ahhh...putting all your eggs in Matt Millen's basket. Good luck!

I definitely agree with that, Prince is just good at EVERYTHING. He can take the ball in for a layup, shoot from the outside, pass the ball, get rebounds...yea he's pretty annoying kind of like ginobli from the spurs.

Atlanta just beat Boston to tie the series 2-2, that was freakin awesome!!! And people said the hawks would get sweeped! I'm so happy for Horford!! Amazing just happened :overhead:

Yeah, at least most people thought the 6er series would go 5 or 6 even since the 6ers started to look great near the end. Everyone thought the Hawks were as sure of a sweep as can be, best team vs. worst team in the playoffs. The Hawks actually have a bright future if their guys can play as hard as they have the past 2 games. I mean, Boston will win out and win in 6, but, those 2 wins were huge in the East, now Boston will be much less fresh in the later rounds.

Like i said earlier, Boston is not nearly as playoff tested as people were giving them credit for. KG has been past the first round once, Allen i think once, and i don't think Pierce has ever been past the first. In the end, i think that will be their downfall, plus they put too much effort into the regular season ala Dallas last year, Detroit year before that....

I mean, Boston will win out and win in 6, but, those 2 wins were huge in the East, now Boston will be much less fresh in the later rounds.

LOL and what do you think about the old bastards from Detroit??? Your analysis is always so biased it's comical.

He's also a WILDCAT baby! :mellow:

I thought that was a link to MDC's old girlfriend.

He's also a WILDCAT baby! :cheers:

Which year was this when Kentucky disappointed their fans in the NCAA tourney yet again? There's been so many times this new millenium I can't keep count.

Which year was this when Kentucky disappointed their fans in the NCAA tourney yet again? There's been so many times this new millenium I can't keep count.

i'd count, but 7 of my fingers are used to keep track of our titles so I'll let someone else handle it. It's probably less times than Carolina has been more talented than any other team in the nation and come up short. Both great programs, obviously. Just wanted to share that video.

i'd count, but 7 of my fingers are used to keep track of our titles so I'll let someone else handle it. It's probably less times than Carolina has been more talented than any other team in the nation and come up short. Both great programs, obviously. Just wanted to share that video.

I couldn't care less about Carolina nor Kentucky. I just find it laughable to talk smack when the team hasn't done much the past decade. Spare me the crap about 7 titles. Was Prince part of any of those titles? Nope.... part of the disappointment this millenium which I pointed out. Sorry to hurt your feelings so deeply. Maybe your feelings were hurt so bad since I guess you're part of Kentucky basketball. I noticed you said "our" titles. What part of the program are you affiliated?

I couldn't care less about Carolina nor Kentucky. I just find it laughable to talk smack when the team hasn't done much the past decade. Spare me the crap about 7 titles. Was Prince part of any of those titles? Nope.... part of the disappointment this millenium which I pointed out. Sorry to hurt your feelings so deeply. Maybe your feelings were hurt so bad since I guess you're part of Kentucky basketball. I noticed you said "our" titles. What part of the program are you affiliated?

Kentucky had a very good early part of the decade. If your only measuring stick is Final Fours, then it has definitely been a down cycle. But from 2000-2005, they were a #1 seed in the tournament three different times and lost two very close games in the Elite Eight....the other Elite Eight loss (Marquette) wasn't as close.

As for Prince, don't blame him for the lack of Final Fours. He was a great player at UK and his game actually improved at tournament time. He almost singlehandedly beat Tulsa in an NCAA Tournament game with one of the best individual performances I've ever seen.

Yeah, at least most people thought the 6er series would go 5 or 6 even since the 6ers started to look great near the end. Everyone thought the Hawks were as sure of a sweep as can be, best team vs. worst team in the playoffs. The Hawks actually have a bright future if their guys can play as hard as they have the past 2 games. I mean, Boston will win out and win in 6, but, those 2 wins were huge in the East, now Boston will be much less fresh in the later rounds.

Like i said earlier, Boston is not nearly as playoff tested as people were giving them credit for. KG has been past the first round once, Allen i think once, and i don't think Pierce has ever been past the first. In the end, i think that will be their downfall, plus they put too much effort into the regular season ala Dallas last year, Detroit year before that....

Each of Boston's Big 3 has been to a conference finals (Allen 00-01 w/Bucks; Pierce 01-02 w/Boston; KG 03-04 w/Min). Allen (04-05) and Pierce (02-03) each played at least one other season where they were in double-digit playoff games. Add in a guy like Cassell, who has been in more playoff games than most people have had hot lunches, and I don't see post-season experience as being a big factor. It's an overrated concept anyway. Look at the Hornets, Hawks, Sixers. Home court is a much bigger deal, and Boston's got that throughout.

The Hawks are a talented young team that has played very well in stretches this season. Their future is much brighter than that of Philly, imo. Johnson, Smith and Horford are a rock solid group to build around, and Pachulia was on the verge of breaking through prior to last year's injury. He's not 100% yet, but is the equal of most Eastern conference bigs. I've never been a big fan of Bibby, more as an individual than a player. Something about the guy hits me wrong. He's like too many NBA guys that don't seem to care if they win or not. But so far that attitude (whether I've assessed the guy fairly or not) hasn't seemed to hurt the Hawks.

There are so many things wrong with that logic I won't even get started. Yes, we've fallen short of our ultimate goal of a national title, but up until the last little bit we've been a serious contender each year. When it got to the point where we weren't competing at that level anymore, we took the program in a different direction. As a serious, serious fan, a KY resident, and a basketball enthusiast they ARE "our" titles. I obviously don't personally do anything but cheer my ass off in Rupp a dozen times a year, but my family has contributed to the basketball program for a few generations now. We'll leave it at that. Who do you cheer for anyway?

Where is swampy:? He's down to one team...

here i am. where are you? :headbanger:

--pistons pasted 76ers

--tigers sweep yankees

--wings sweep colorado

your math blows.

here i am. where are you? :headbanger:

--pistons pasted 76ers

--tigers sweep yankees

--wings sweep colorado

your math blows.

:blink: :banana:

here i am. where are you? :first: