Sign in to follow this  
Hurricane Ditka

Summer Movies

I will definitely see Dark Knight. I may see the Happening. Other than that, I will see none of these at the movies. :thumbsdown:

Shyamalan hasn't made a good movie since Unbreakable, IMO. Why would The Happening be different?

I don't go to the movies anymore. It's too expensive and it seems that at least half the time, I walk away disappointed.

Plus the only movie theater close to me is ghetto.

Shyamalan hasn't made a good movie since Sixth Sense

fixed. Unbreakable was TERRIBLE.

I guess I am a sucker for Will Ferrell and will be seeing Step Brothers. The wife love Mike Myers so I will have to do that one too.

I'm looking forward to Indiana Jones and the X-Files.

fixed. Unbreakable was TERRIBLE.

I hated Unbreakable too.

I'm looking forward to seeing Prince Caspian and then Dark Knight, I like Ed Norton so I might see The Hulk... hadn't even heard of Defiance but it looks pretty cool.

I have a feeling Indy will be aimed at roping in a new generation of Middle Schoolers, so those of us who grew up with it might be quite disappointed.

I prolly wont make it to the theatre until the release of "The Brazilian job" (Italian job part II) in 2009. The field looks weak. I may consider Indy

Shyamalan hasn't made a good movie since Unbreakable, IMO. Why would The Happening be different?

Maybe since it's his first movie with an R rating it will break the pattern of suckiness? :banana:

I'm sure you'll download em all to your calculator :music_guitarred:

?? i don't get the joke. Is it because I'm Asian so I have a calculator that plays movies?

i may go see get smart to see anne hathaway...but theres no way shes getting topless..so after further review...i may pass...

get smart may turn into get refund....

no summer movies for me...

I hated Unbreakable too.

I'm looking forward to seeing Prince Caspian and then Dark Knight, I like Ed Norton so I might see The Hulk... hadn't even heard of Defiance but it looks pretty cool.

I have a feeling Indy will be aimed at roping in a new generation of Middle Schoolers, so those of us who grew up with it might be quite disappointed.

I'll probably go see Prince Caspian because I loved the CS Lewis series. Dark Knight and Wazzzz Happenin' are the two I'll definitely see.

Must have struck a nerve :doublethumbsup:

Nah, I'm sure it's just that he's never ever ever heard anyone make that joke before and just wanted to clarify you really were that original and hilarious. :lol:

Nah, I'm sure it's just that he's never ever ever heard anyone make that joke before and just wanted to clarify you really were that original and hilarious. :doublethumbsup:

I doubt he's heard that variation before. I'm a fuckin pioneer! :lol:

I'll probably go see Prince Caspian because I loved the CS Lewis series. Dark Knight and Wazzzz Happenin' are the two I'll definitely see.

Throughout the whole movie, you're just waiting for him to say "Hallo. My name is Prince Caspian. You killed my father. Prepare to die." And there are two ridiculous subplots (that weren't in the book). Aside from that, pretty decent movie. Chronology is different from the book, but it stays pretty true.

However, I fully expect The Dark Knight to be the best of the summer.

Am I the only Will Ferrell fan?

Not in anymore kid-type stuff. Absolutely classic in Old School. Semi-sad in Kicking and Screaming, and thoroughly annoying in Semi-Pro.

Am I the only Will Ferrell fan?

Absolutely not! I love him! There are a few movies on there that I haven't heard of, though, so one of them is likely his. I don't see his movies in the theaters, though, I wait for them on DVD. If I go to the theater, I need an action movie.

Anchorman is the defining Will Ferrell role. Not just saying that cuz it takes place here in whale's vagina. :doublethumbsup:

Probably the most quotable movie in the last 5 years.