Sign in to follow this  
Kimbo Slice

Who will be a darkhorse playoff contender this year?

I will go on record and say the Ravens will contend for a playoff spot. I believe their QB play will improve, and their defense will revert to 2006 form. Any thoughts on who else could be a darkhorse.

Jets or bills, cant decide yet, but i am leaning jets

Texans

cardinals(every year people say this is the year, maybe this is it? :wave: )

Log onto your main loser :rolleyes:

havent the broncos made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years? How are they a darkhorse?

I will go on record and say the Ravens will contend for a playoff spot. I believe their QB play will improve, and their defense will revert to 2006 form. Any thoughts on who else could be a darkhorse.

In no particular order:

Texans

Raiders

Bills

St. Louis Rams

They still have a lot of offensive fire-power. Bulger, Jackson, Holt, Bennett, Caldwell, McMicheal, etc. If the o-line and defense steps up - even just a little bit, they should make the playoffs.

havent the broncos made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years? How are they a darkhorse?

2 years in a row without making the playoffs.

St. Louis Rams

They still have a lot of offensive fire-power. Bulger, Jackson, Holt, Bennett, Caldwell, McMicheal, etc. If the o-line and defense steps up - even just a little bit, they should make the playoffs.

:rolleyes:

I like the Rams too, and think the Jets also will be improved and challenge for a playoff spot.

By the way, I'm pretty sure I can kick your ass Kimbo...come get some.

By the way, I'm pretty sure I can kick your ass Kimbo...come get some.

I'll bust your head just like I did that fools ear the other night.

The 'Aints.

I think it will all come together for them this year. And I am not just saying that because I have Bush in a keeper.

God I hope it comes together this year. :music_guitarred:

--louis

I think its finally the Cardinals...just too good an offense (as long as Leinart/Warner plays well) and the defense seems like they should finally be where they need to be.

Some good replys.

I like the Eagles, they were close last year, in the year before that. I think they get in.

The Saints

Minny

Cleveland

Browns (need a little luck on D)

Bills (getting close played several real close games last year)

Cards (one of these days they're going to put it all together)

Miami!! (well not really but hey we're undefeated right now)

Realistically:

Eagles

Bears

St. Louis Rams

I too like the Rams a lot...

now for a laugher: I like the Lions to go 9-7 and make the playoffs... yes, I am serious.

jdon

I'd reply with my picks, but I can't get over Bennett and Caldwell being mentioned as "offensive fire-power."

Clev and Minn will make it past the first round/wildcard this year.

Cleveland is going to get thrown at like nobody's business. I know they've added some nice DTs, but that secondary has some serious issues.

I'd reply with my picks, but I can't get over Bennett and Caldwell being mentioned as "offensive fire-power."

Ok, that was a reach. But they are decent #2 and #3 WR options.

:cheers:

:music_guitarred:

You rip me for bringing up old threads???? LMAO. Your ignorance shows again.

:music_guitarred:

FYI, Kimbo=MacGee

You rip me for bringing up old threads???? LMAO. Your ignorance shows again.

:thumbsdown:

FYI, Glad I got your attention. FYI, whoever this Newbiejr clown is, I got this site using a search engine back in June, because I figured it could help me with fantasy football drafts etc. I see that people are nice and friendly here :thumbsup: . I know now to consider other other sites in the future, because this one is useless. Enjoy

FYI, Glad I got your attention. FYI, whoever this Newbiejr clown is, I got this site using a search engine back in June, because I figured it could help me with fantasy football drafts etc. I see that people are nice and friendly here :thumbsup: . I know now to consider other other sites in the future, because this one is useless. Enjoy

Don't let the door hit ya.......

for the definition you describe, it has to be miami or atlanta. they are the 2 teams on the outer reaches [atlanta more so than miami], and have the lesser known about poise and toughness to make a splash. perfect fit for the "they're not supposed to be here, so they dont know any better and just play" mold.

I'm awesome :thumbsup: