Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Can someone please explain the difference to me?

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/gym...tory?id=3536410

I haven't watched a minute of the olympics. I know we had the story of the big tittied Amurican chick causing the U.S. to lose to the prepubescent rice eaters. I thought gymnastics was done. But then, I read this story and we won 1st and 2nd. - I don't understand. What's up with this??

Thanks, w.

And while we're at it, can someone please explain to me the difference between "Artistic Gymnastics" and "Rhythmic Gymnastics"? TIA.

USA lost to china in the TEAM event.

This chick won an INDIVIDUAL medal.

After the team event, they each compete in their best events (not all the events) and try to win individual medals

Cliff Notes:

We lost the team competion--probably because of Alicia Sacramone (20 year old, nice t!ts, huge traps, no neck)

A russian girl (now American) won the Gold for the USA in the "All-around" competition. She wasn't really predicted to. The gold was to be between Shawn Johnson (true blooded American, Iowa) and a Chinese girl.

Ends up that the girl from Iowa (USA's predicted best chance at gold) gets Silver, and the Chinese girl gets bronze.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer08/gym...tory?id=3536410

I haven't watched a minute of the olympics. I know we had the story of the big tittied Amurican chick causing the U.S. to lose to the prepubescent rice eaters. I thought gymnastics was done. But then, I read this story and we won 1st and 2nd. - I don't understand. What's up with this??

Thanks, w.

1St round was Team competition.........now is individual competition.

And while we're at it, can someone please explain to me the difference between "Artistic Gymnastics" and "Rhythmic Gymnastics"? TIA.

I think Rhythmic is when they do gynmastics with a prop. The ribbon wand deal and the ball come to mind. Kind of hoaky.

Thanks all. So do they do pretty much the same shiit? Like Balance beam, vault and tumbling?? Seems kind of redundant. I mean, they could kill two birds with one stone by adding up all the individual scores to get a team score. I dunno. I'm confused. BUT I really like the story of the Russian/Anmerican girl and her father.

:doublethumbsup:

And I was rather aroused by the Gold and Silver medal camel toes in the picture. :wave:

After the team event, they each compete in their best events (not all the events) and try to win individual medals

This was the all-around where they compete in four set events; vault, bars, Beam, floor. Kinda like a wiffleball Friday night.

Shawn Johnson got hosed.

This was the all-around where they compete in four set events; vault, bars, Beam, floor. Kinda like a wiffleball Friday night.

Shawn Johnson got hosed.

Alright. so the individual is coming then.

How stupid. You get the same gold medal for being the best in 4 events or the best in 1 event? :rolleyes:

I think Rhythmic is when they do gynmastics with a prop. The ribbon wand deal and the ball come to mind. Kind of hoaky.

Oh yeah, I hate that shiit. I mean, if by "prop" they meant "pole", then I'd be all over it. Chicks from Texas and California would OWN that competition. USA would be pure Gold on that. I've seen women do things upside down and backwards on those poles that just amazes me. Usually it's the homlier ones, but that's just like secks - the homelier ones just TRY harder. I appreciate that. I'll tip one of them moon-faced biitches just for the effort. But then they think I want them to come over for a lap dance. How they fit their hooves into those acrylic 5 inch stilletos is beyond me. They walk with all the grace of a deer on roller skates. They come over with that hopeful look like Corky had on "Life Goes On" when he thought he could drive, but then Dad says no and Corky has this awful disappointed look on his face and says "But Daaa, 'Becca can dry, wha cat I?" And it just breaks your heart. - That's the kind of look they give me when I say "no" to the lap dance. It'd be nice if these girls could stand up their on the dias and have that Gold medal draped around their goiter necks just to let them have their moment to shine. Because they may be homely and mildly retarded, but they work damn hard and in American that should count for something. I'd be awful proud of them. - But I still wouldn't want a lap dance from them.

Oh yeah, I hate that shiit. I mean, if by "prop" they meant "pole", then I'd be all over it. Chicks from Texas and California would OWN that competition. USA would be pure Gold on that. I've seen women do things upside down and backwards on those poles that just amazes me. Usually it's the homlier ones, but that's just like secks - the homelier ones just TRY harder. I appreciate that. I'll tip one of them moon-faced biitches just for the effort. But then they think I want them to come over for a lap dance. How they fit their hooves into those acrylic 5 inch stilletos is beyond me. They walk with all the grace of a deer on roller skates. They come over with that hopeful look like Corky had on "Life Goes On" when he thought he could drive, but then Dad says no and Corky has this awful disappointed look on his face and says "But Daaa, 'Becca can dry, wha cat I?" And it just breaks your heart. - That's the kind of look they give me when I say "no" to the lap dance. It'd be nice if these girls could stand up their on the dias and have that Gold medal draped around their goiter necks just to let them have their moment to shine. Because they may be homely and mildly retarded, but they work damn hard and in American that should count for something. I'd be awful proud of them. - But I still wouldn't want a lap dance from them.

:rolleyes:

Thanks all. So do they do pretty much the same shiit? Like Balance beam, vault and tumbling?? Seems kind of redundant. I mean, they could kill two birds with one stone by adding up all the individual scores to get a team score. I dunno. I'm confused. BUT I really like the story of the Russian/Anmerican girl and her father.

:rolleyes:

And I was rather aroused by the Gold and Silver medal camel toes in the picture. :banana:

Because in the team you can have one athlete who's the best on the team in say vault...just do the vault, maybe she's not that good at the others, but she rocks the vault---another athlete doesn't do the vault but will just do floor and bars. I think each team brings 6 athletes so team is trying to find the best combination that will max score.

Shawn Johnson got hosed.

Agreed---her balance routine was flawless, if less artistic than Ntasia---heck she barely outdid the Chinese girl who was did 4 or 5 balance checks. Would of been a big difference if she was .1 or .15 behind going into floor, Nastia might have felt a lot more pressure... Oh well, the best 2 won first and 2nd.

the best 2 won first and 2nd.

And let me guess. The 3rd best got 3rd?

USA lost to china in the TEAM event.

This chick won an INDIVIDUAL medal.

And after that is the intra squad muff licking competition. :rolleyes:

And let me guess. The 3rd best got 3rd?

Well considering judging controversies in the past...that wasn't always the case.

better yet...why all the fuss about michael phelps? there's like 30 swimming events. it's great that he won like 8 events or whatever, but it's not like a volleyball player has 30 chances to win a medal...right?

so he has the most medals ever. :rolleyes:

i don't get this :banana:

better yet...why all the fuss about michael phelps? there's like 30 swimming events. it's great that he won like 8 events or whatever, but it's not like a volleyball player has 30 chances to win a medal...right?

so he has the most medals ever. :rolleyes:

i don't get this :banana:

Somebody has to have the most medals ever, and whoever it is, is going to get hoopla, pagentry and fanfare, even if they had 30 events, etc.

I think the thing with Phelps is, or any swimmer ammassing that many medals....(especially in one olympics), is that....well...look at it this way. It's not like Phelps is winning 8 of 30 events. He wins 8 of 8. Also, it's not like he is winning 4 events of his 8, and some other dood wins 3, etc. He is breaking every record in the process.

The record of most medals in swimming (one olympics) has stood for a long time.

Every country, every year has athletes that have opportunity to win 8 or 9 medals. It's NEVER been done...not by anyone. So...yeah...now that I think of it....it is a pretty big deal.

Somebody has to have the most medals ever, and whoever it is, is going to get hoopla, pagentry and fanfare, even if they had 30 events, etc.

I think the thing with Phelps is, or any swimmer ammassing that many medals....(especially in one olympics), is that....well...look at it this way. It's not like Phelps is winning 8 of 30 events. He wins 8 of 8. Also, it's not like he is winning 4 events of his 8, and some other dood wins 3, etc. He is breaking every record in the process.

The record of most medals in swimming (one olympics) has stood for a long time.

Every country, every year has athletes that have opportunity to win 8 or 9 medals. It's NEVER been done...not by anyone. So...yeah...now that I think of it....it is a pretty big deal.

okay, okay. i get it. it is a big deal...but just saying not everybody has a chance to win all those medals even if they are totally dominant at something.

Because in the team you can have one athlete who's the best on the team in say vault...just do the vault, maybe she's not that good at the others, but she rocks the vault---another athlete doesn't do the vault but will just do floor and bars. I think each team brings 6 athletes so team is trying to find the best combination that will max score.

Thank you. That's a great explanation. :banana:

okay, okay. i get it. it is a big deal...but just saying not everybody has a chance to win all those medals even if they are totally dominant at something.

Every swimmer from every other country has the chance. Track athletes have the chance to run the 1, 2, 4, 8, mile, plus the relays, etc.

I can't help answer your question but this topic reminds how every 4 years we're presented with just one more piece of circumstantial evidence that there is no God

Because if there were a God in heaven female gymnasts would hit their peak	performance age at18  -21 instead of 13 - 15

Can I get an Amen, brothers!

I don't know if I would rather be a leotard stuck on on Liukin or on Johnson. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm..........