Sign in to follow this  
brooksville

Thoughts on Madden 09

Got it for the xbox,the last one I played was 07 for the PS2...all in all a very fun game but...

The rush defense on Madden Skills test is driving me crazy! Its like they've got Barry focking Sanders back there...I end up crashing into my own guy more than tackling him :thumbsup: or maybe I just suck

With 07 you could tell if you made a FG or not,in 09 it cuts away before you can tell

The plays seem really small...or maybe I need a bigger TV

Chris Collinsworth :wub: Tony Romo

Madden 09 on Playstation 2 was too easy for the offense. I played my step-son and the final score was 114 to 105.

3 kickoffs for touchdowns. Only one drive was stopped due to punt. We had 2 interceptions but both times the defensive team fumbled back to the offense.

I have not seen a football game where there were so many open holes and wide open receivers in my life.. I like offense but a little bit of a challenge would be nice. We were playing at the highest level.

I give it a 6 out of 10..

I'm finding it very hard to run on offense in a real game.

I'm finding it very hard to run on offense in a real game.

I did too at first, but I got the hang of it. I haven't broke anything long, but I can now get 4-7 yards more times than I did at first. My long run is like 18 yards but I average about 4.5 yards a carry.

You guys bought into the hype again. I did the same last year...not again anyways. Same game, just a new cover.

Madden and college football were awesome games when I lived in the college dorm. You ALWAYS had someone to play but these days, the only chance I have to play is just some season vs. cpu. Once I completed 2 seasons of Madden 07, I just didn't have anything new to experience in Madden 08...that game collected major dust before I swapped it at gamestop. I was pretty sure this would be the case again with 09, so I just downloaded the demo. The graphics looked nice but it's essentially the exact same game. Also, the skills test was annoying.

You guys bought into the hype again. I did the same last year...not again anyways. Same game, just a new cover.

Madden and college football were awesome games when I lived in the college dorm. You ALWAYS had someone to play but these days, the only chance I have to play is just some season vs. cpu. Once I completed 2 seasons of Madden 07, I just didn't have anything new to experience in Madden 08...that game collected major dust before I swapped it at gamestop. I was pretty sure this would be the case again with 09, so I just downloaded the demo. The graphics looked nice but it's essentially the exact same game. Also, the skills test was annoying.

Its not the same game, many different aspects in this game. Play Online if you want someone to play.

Its not the same game, many different aspects in this game. Play Online if you want someone to play.

What's different? And I'm not talking about slight tweaks to the game play.

Also, I'm not into playing the freaks online that play this game 24/7.

What's different? And I'm not talking about slight tweaks to the game play.

Also, I'm not into playing the freaks online that play this game 24/7.

I'm not sure what you want different? I guess if you are just a casual player who doesn't get into it too much then you won't see the changes.

There are bad players online too. More bad than good actually.

I'm not sure what you want different? I guess if you are just a casual player who doesn't get into it too much then you won't see the changes.

There are bad players online too. More bad than good actually.

I just asked you what was different because you said it wasn't the same game. :first:

Seriously, Madden 09 ain't that much different that 07. It's the same damn game with a shinny new cover and tweaks to the game play that don't necessarily even make it a better game.

IMO you're a sucker if you have to buy Madden every year just because all the other sheep do.

I just asked you what was different because you said it wasn't the same game. :first:

Seriously, Madden 09 ain't that much different that 07. It's the same damn game with a shinny new cover and tweaks to the game play that don't necessarily even make it a better game.

IMO you're a sucker if you have to buy Madden every year just because all the other sheep do.

This one has Brett Fav-ruh in a packers uniform not only on the cover, but on the 1st screen of the game!@#$

GOLD!

I just asked you what was different because you said it wasn't the same game. :wacko:

Line shifting is back, quick audibles, rewind so you can replay a bad play and learn from it, Custom AI by going through the test so the CPU plays to your skill level, WR smart route is back so the WR will run teh route to the 1st down marker, the graphics are better, WRs with spectacular catch aren't as good....it was sort of unfair last year.....I could go on, but I know you don't get too into the game so you don't even know what I'm talking about. How much can you change in any sports game?

Plus if you have 07 and you play online your screwed, not many people will still be playing the old game. Online is the best thing about Madden, its fun playing different people, they now have good online leagues, where you can play an entire season with 32 players using all the teams. Of course it would get boring if you are playing the CPU all the time in seasons, thats why they added online play and improve it each year because they know people get tired of playing the CPU because it flat out isn't fun.

I liked it until my xbox shat the bed. Now I have to wait a few weeks while it is fixed.

my girlfriends son's 360 did the same thing once he put Madden in....read error :wacko:

How much can you change in any sports game?

That's my whole point. Not too much and that's exactly why I don't rush out and buy these games annually.

That's my whole point. Not too much and that's exactly why I don't rush out and buy these games annually.

Try Online its fun.

The passing game in Madden 09 is much better.

In Madden 08 once you bumped up to All-Pro the passing game went to crap. I would throw a 5 yard bullet pass on a slant and a linebacker would be able to cover 5 yards in the time it took the ball to go 5 yards and intercept. This year you can fit the ball into the holes and drop one over a linebackers head etc. seems way more authentic. The only problem I've seen so far is some times the passes out to the flats end up making the receiver turn around and then he turns back and is out of bounds before you can do anything.

Running seems good and the cpu is definitely harder to stop in the passing game.

I thought last years sucked bigtime but this years I'm impressed with.

I hated last years version. Most disappointed I've ever been in a game. This is all I've been playing since I got it though. They fixed basically everything. The physics and fluidity are SO much better. The thing with Madden that makes the haters say it's not any different is because it's already been good. They try and do new stuff like last year, and it totally blows because there are bugs everywhere (run China Special, it's absolutely unstoppable if you wanna glitch) but they fixed them this year. You can't exactly revolutionize football and keep it authentic, so you just have to clean it up and make it smooth and realistic. That's exactly what this years version did. Only complaint is pass D.

Gonna wait a while to play online...still havent used audibles and hot reads too much.Also I've been having alot of trouble having an impact playing defense.In 07 I would pick a great DT and try and get in the backfield on every play...not too much success this year so far.But I'm sure theres alot of people online who dont know what they're doing either

Anyone play 360 online?

I would love to whoop up on some fftoday members.. :overhead:

I do occasionally late at nite.. achillesheel86 is my tag.

And about the game, it does feel VERY similar to 08, but just a little smoother and fluent gameplay. Its a somewhat satisfying replacement for the 2K games which were far superior in every way.

I haven't bought it yet, for the same reason surferskin points out. As far as playing online...I played online once with Madden '08 and got crushed. There are far too many people who don't have a life and play that game all day, every day.

It's getting annoying with COD4 too. I play it online occasionally but I'm about done with it. I just die 10 times for every kill I get. It'd be nice if PS3 or XBox or whatever had a way to match up players with players of a similar skill level or total time played. They keep track of stats and time so I don't see why not. Online just isn't fun if I don't devote my life to mastering the game.

I haven't bought it yet, for the same reason surferskin points out. As far as playing online...I played online once with Madden '08 and got crushed. There are far too many people who don't have a life and play that game all day, every day.

It's getting annoying with COD4 too. I play it online occasionally but I'm about done with it. I just die 10 times for every kill I get. It'd be nice if PS3 or XBox or whatever had a way to match up players with players of a similar skill level or total time played. They keep track of stats and time so I don't see why not. Online just isn't fun if I don't devote my life to mastering the game.

Um.... :bandana: :unsure:

Online for madden has a beginner lobby. It has a skill level that you can see for every player that is on, also showing the avg skill level players they have played. It also shows their record and their recent 10 games with scores and who they used.

Don't really know what more you want? I'm not understanding why people here are saying they just get killed online, there are good players sure, but it is real easy to find the bad players too.

I don't get it... :dunno: