Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Attention all potential traders this year!

Please do not send me 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 trades. Most leagues have roster restrictions, so that means I have to drop a player as well, that you can turn around and pick up as you will have an opening. Just add him to the trade offer and quit being sneaky. So do it right or scram.

Please do not pick up a sorry ass handcuff of one of my players off of the waiver wire and then turn right around and try to trade him to me for one of my good players. If I had really wanted that handcuff I would have drafted Pierre Thomas in the 16th focking round. Buzz off.

Stop. I repeat Stop trying to write a paragraph telling me how this trade will help my team or selling the players you are giving up. I hate door to door salesmen so I sure as hell don't need you telling me how to run my team. Beat it you turd.

theremaybemore

Please do not pick up a sorry ass handcuff of one of my players off of the waiver wire and then turn right around and try to trade him to me for one of my good players. If I had really wanted that handcuff I would have drafted Pierre Thomas in the 16th focking round. Buzz off.

Stop. I repeat Stop trying to write a paragraph telling me how this trade will help my team or selling the players you are giving up. I hate door to door salesmen so I sure as hell don't need you telling me how to run my team. Beat it you turd.

theremaybemore

THat sh1t is funny when they try that. But...but...but...that is the handcuff.....you have to have your RB handcuff. :overhead:

Like the other owner wants to do the trade for YOU. :shocking:

Also!@#!

Listen, I know you are gonna low ball the first offer and that is okay. We can use it to start a dialog. But damn dude, at least come in the same ballpark or even universe with your offer. Don't be offering me Patrick Crayton and Norwood for Marion Barber and crap like that. :shocking:

Also!@#!

Listen, I know you are gonna low ball the first offer and that is okay. We can use it to start a dialog. But damn dude, at least come in the same ballpark or even universe with your offer. Don't be offering me Patrick Crayton and Norwood for Marion Barber and crap like that. :pointstosky:

I'd rather have Crayton and Norwood. HUGE Upside. :shocking:

I'd rather have Crayton and Norwood. HUGE Upside. :pointstosky:

:shocking:

And they're handcuffs for Owens and Turner.

just do what I do...and dont reject it...let it sit there in limbo....and the owner keeps thinking u just might click the trade button...but it never happens

on a side note...I just traded Andre Johnson, Jacobs, and Schaub for Brady :pointstosky:

now I got AP, TO, welker and brady as my core :shocking:

on a side note...I just traded Andre Johnson, Jacobs, and Schaub for Brady :pointstosky:

now I got AP, TO, welker and brady as my core :doublethumbsup:

Rule #1 - NOBODY cares about your team. Way to bring the thread to a screaching halt......

just do what I do...and dont reject it...let it sit there in limbo....and the owner keeps thinking u just might click the trade button...but it never happens

to modify this thought a bit, what you DO (if KSB really is as PO'd as he makes out to be) is you most definately leave whatever trade offer up... if (using the example) marion barber gets hurt... you can go and accept the trade.

would serve the arsehat right for the insulting trade offer (and for not being smart enough to withdraw it during the weekend games)

to modify this thought a bit, what you DO (if KSB really is as PO'd as he makes out to be) is you most definately leave whatever trade offer up... if (using the example) marion barber gets hurt... you can go and accept the trade.

would serve the arsehat right for the insulting trade offer (and for not being smart enough to withdraw it during the weekend games)

Fock ya. :cheers: :pointstosky:

In light of today's activities I would like to add one more.

Please stop trying to fleece me! Unless you are playing with morons its a tip that you must give up something to get something in return. So if I am willing to give you the better end of a deal because I have a need at one position or I am willing to take a huge risk and you already like the deal, then DO NOT try to keep countering with crazy ass deals. Either accept it or don't. You keep trying that crap and I will tell you to fock off and never deal with your punk ass again. Capice?

Also!@#!

Listen, I know you are gonna low ball the first offer and that is okay. We can use it to start a dialog. But damn dude, at least come in the same ballpark or even universe with your offer. Don't be offering me Patrick Crayton and Norwood for Marion Barber and crap like that. :(

I never lowball..

I find a team that has something I need. If I don't have something they need, I don't even bother.

When I do find a match, I send a fair and balanced offer (faux news) and it's usually a yes or no, not much banter

Here's the one that pisses me off the most.

If I send you a trade offer of (pure example) my Lendale White and Dwayne Bowe for your MJD, please don't focking send me a counter off of your Vincent Jackson and Lee Evans for my Andre Johnson. That's not a counter offer you asshat. I sent you the original trade offer to try and get the player I wanted you to trade me. Not so you could send a completely different trade to me in return. Send that trade if you want to make a deal, but don't drop the original focking point of the discussions and include all new players.

Eat a dick.

If I send you a trade offer of (pure example) my Lendale White and Dwayne Bowe for your MJD, please don't focking send me a counter off of your Vincent Jackson and Lee Evans for my Andre Johnson. That's not a counter offer you asshat. I sent you the original trade offer to try and get the player I wanted you to trade me. Not so you could send a completely different trade to me in return. Send that trade if you want to make a deal, but don't drop the original focking point of the discussions and include all new players.

Eat a dick.

:angry:

Here's one: When I ask what you'd want for a player, and you name the terms, and I say "Okay", don't suddenly backpedal and try to get an even better deal.

1. Do not laugh and say "you are nucking futs" when I offer you a trade. Simply say no thank you.

2. Do not offer me your "stud" TE for my #2 WR or RB. You insult me and yourself and the same time.

3. Never use the term "take it or leave it"..It makes you sound like a douche and karma is a beeetch.

4. Don't get frustrated by your 0-3 start and say that your entire team is on the block. You know as well as we do that you really don't mean it.

Eat a dick.

That is bullsh1t when they do that. Focking tools. :D

Please do not send me 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 trades. Most leagues have roster restrictions, so that means I have to drop a player as well, that you can turn around and pick up as you will have an opening. Just add him to the trade offer and quit being sneaky. So do it right or scram.

theremaybemore

umm 3 for 2 and 2 for 1 trades are absolutely fine. I mean granted sometimes people try to give multiple bad players for a good one and quantity does not equal quality but chances are the player you have to drop from your team is a piece of trash that no one really wants anyway

i often offer 2 for 1 deals because i tend to field very deep teams at the RB and WR spots (usually why my QB's and TE's blow). However I have never once thought to myself "oh nice, if he accepts this he also has to drop Chad Pennington and i can scoop him up! YES!"

The other points.... completely legit and annoying :D

Anyone else like to make ridiculous trade offers every now and again just to fock with people? Sounds like it would work with the thread creator.

Anyhow... I always try to make 3 for 2, 2 for 1 trades... then write in the offer "throw in whichever player you are going to drop." Sounds like you are giving them more power.

Please do not send me 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 trades. Most leagues have roster restrictions

People still play with roster restrictions? :pointstosky:

Anyone else like to make ridiculous trade offers every now and again just to fock with people? Sounds like it would work with the thread creator.

Anyhow... I always try to make 3 for 2, 2 for 1 trades... then write in the offer "throw in whichever player you are going to drop." Sounds like you are giving them more power.

Exactly. I do the same thing.

People still play with roster restrictions? :shocking:

So you can have as many people on your team as you want? :mad:

I wasn't talking about position roster restrictions. If your league can only have 18 players and you make a one for three trade, then guess what buddy? You got to drop two players.

In regards to the 2 for 1 trades or the 3 for 1 trades. Of course they are fine. But go ahead and pick my worst player(s) to make it even or write a note saying for me to counter with my worst player on the roster as someone else stated. Alot of times when you add in that second or third player the deal doesn't quite look so good. Just don't be sneaky about it.

one thing i hate is the people who ALWAYS turn down trades in a fit of paranoia. for instance, in a league where we keep 12 players i had a very strong stable of runningbacks and had trouble deciding who to keep (my last 2 rb cuts were ahmad bradshaw and chris perry). anyways there were several teams who couldn't find 12 to keep.

so, trying to mitigate both issues i offer the addai owner larry johnson and brandon jacobs for addai.

i got laughed at...

the dude ended up keeping cadillac and fargas in addition to 4 qbs that included brodie croyle.

one thing i hate is the people who ALWAYS turn down trades in a fit of paranoia. for instance, in a league where we keep 12 players i had a very strong stable of runningbacks and had trouble deciding who to keep (my last 2 rb cuts were ahmad bradshaw and chris perry). anyways there were several teams who couldn't find 12 to keep.

so, trying to mitigate both issues i offer the addai owner larry johnson and brandon jacobs for addai.

i got laughed at...

the dude ended up keeping cadillac and fargas in addition to 4 qbs that included brodie croyle.

I would not have laughed at you, but rather said, "Oh, can I please give up one of the most guaranteed situations in fantasy football in order to take on two HUGE injury risks?" And then declined. But not laughed. That's just rude.

i got laughed at...

i wouldn't laugh but I wouldn't have accepted.

umm 3 for 2 and 2 for 1 trades are absolutely fine. I mean granted sometimes people try to give multiple bad players for a good one and quantity does not equal quality but chances are the player you have to drop from your team is a piece of trash that no one really wants anyway

i often offer 2 for 1 deals because i tend to field very deep teams at the RB and WR spots (usually why my QB's and TE's blow). However I have never once thought to myself "oh nice, if he accepts this he also has to drop Chad Pennington and i can scoop him up! YES!"

The other points.... completely legit and annoying :overhead:

I agree, I currently have a trade where I am offering Reggie Wayne and McFadden for Adrian Peterson.

I agree, I currently have a trade where I am offering Reggie Wayne and McFadden for Adrian Peterson.

See, but the other guy is not really trading just Peterson. He is gonna have to drop a player. Maybe he has only one K and Def. So he can't drop those guys. Se he has to choose between a WR4 or a back up QB or something like that. Now the trade in reality is:

Wayne/McFadden for Peterson/Ginn Jr. (or something like that)

While this may not make or break the deal, it does change it a bit doesn't it? :overhead:

2. Do not offer me your "stud" TE for my #2 WR or RB. You insult me and yourself and the same time.

Yet if you got offered the stud # 1 RB for your # 2 WR or RB, you'll jump on that and not consider it an "insult" right ? I guess it all depends on which side of the offer you stand, your views will change fast.

See, but the other guy is not really trading just Peterson. He is gonna have to drop a player. Maybe he has only one K and Def. So he can't drop those guys. Se he has to choose between a WR4 or a back up QB or something like that. Now the trade in reality is:

While this may not make or break the deal, it does change it a bit doesn't it? :wacko:

I see what you are saying. The deal doesnt look so sweet with that second name coming off his team. Probably wont happen anyway, I just realized its the guy in the league that drafts a team, sets his line up and then you dont see him on the board until like week 7 and he has his e-mail hidden to the rest of the league. What a douche, he doesnt deserve Peterson!

i got laughed at...

But that's the nature of trades. The person being offered always thinks they're being fleeced, But the person doing the offering always thinks they're doing the other team a favor.

And...when I offer you a deal that is too good to be true, don't hesitate to accept it. Sooner or later the alcohol will wear off and I will hit the withdraw button.

Yet if you got offered the stud # 1 RB for your # 2 WR or RB, you'll jump on that and not consider it an "insult" right ? I guess it all depends on which side of the offer you stand, your views will change fast.

Your reply makes little sense sir. What does someone offering me their stud RB have to do with what I wrote? I was talking about the guy who may think I need a TE and he offers me someone like Todd Heap for Top 15 RB or WR.

It doesn't depend on what side of the offer I stand on because I think I made it quite clear in my post that I stand on the side of the guy being OFFERED a ridiculous trade.

While this may not make or break the deal, it does change it a bit doesn't it? :thumbsdown:

sure but you make it sound as if the guy offering the trade has some master plan to be as sneaky as possible and knows you will have to drop Ginn, who he covets and can then pick up immediately.... in reality what you end up dropping is probably not worthy of a pickup.

i guess in leagues with smaller team sizes possibly it happens more.

Trades rarely work unless you are dealing with a situation where one person has great depth at say RB and another has great depth at something like WR. Each team can then afford to trade a RB for a WR and address their weakness while not giving up much. In general, trades involving unequal numbers of players are not good for both sides. The team getting fewer players in the deal is almost always coming out ahead in the trade. The 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 trades always benefit the teams getting the smaller numbers of players in the deal. I love to send the 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 deals as I am well aware of the allure of getting more players that can hypnotize the other owners. When they accept the lopsided trade I have basically trade minor players and a bench guy for a valuable starter. I also have a free roster spot to pick up a prospect like Chris Perry or someone like that from waivers. The other team who was dumb enough to accept the 2 for 1 deal is basically getting focked. I now have a better WR or RB and have cleared my bench of guys I was never going to play anyways and in the process opened up a roster spot to pick up the guy he might drop to make room on his roster. I will say this for all to read here: Trades that involve uneven numbers of players are not good for the team getting more players. This is a trick I employ often but I would never accept a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 deal. You can use this trick to take advantage of stupid owners, but realize it is not smart for your team to fall prey to it.

Trades rarely work unless you are dealing with a situation where one person has great depth at say RB and another has great depth at something like WR. Each team can then afford to trade a RB for a WR and address their weakness while not giving up much. In general, trades involving unequal numbers of players are not good for both sides. The team getting fewer players in the deal is almost always coming out ahead in the trade. The 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 trades always benefit the teams getting the smaller numbers of players in the deal. I love to send the 3 for 2 or 2 for 1 deals as I am well aware of the allure of getting more players that can hypnotize the other owners. When they accept the lopsided trade I have basically trade minor players and a bench guy for a valuable starter. I also have a free roster spot to pick up a prospect like Chris Perry or someone like that from waivers. The other team who was dumb enough to accept the 2 for 1 deal is basically getting focked. I now have a better WR or RB and have cleared my bench of guys I was never going to play anyways and in the process opened up a roster spot to pick up the guy he might drop to make room on his roster. I will say this for all to read here: Trades that involve uneven numbers of players are not good for the team getting more players. This is a trick I employ often but I would never accept a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 deal. You can use this trick to take advantage of stupid owners, but realize it is not smart for your team to fall prey to it.

i agree mostly. i usually do the offering of those kinds of trades but there are many cases where accepting more players can help your team.

ive been in a few leagues where one team snags two stud QB's with the intent to trade.. back when manning and culpepper were the top 2 a team grabbed both of them and later ended up trading culpepper and a decent WR for a starting RB...

it ended up being a great trade for both teams.

often in drafts ive been tempted to grab an extra top 4 TE or top 8 QB with the intent to use them in a package deal for a player i wanted but missed out on at a position I am weaker at.

ofcourse multi player deals where the multiple players are trash are never good. but it doesn't have to be like that and as far as picking up someone off of waivers i hardly view that as much of an advantage. Id rahter have one of the guys i just traded away otherwise I would have dropped them.

i agree mostly. i usually do the offering of those kinds of trades but there are many cases where accepting more players can help your team.

ive been in a few leagues where one team snags two stud QB's with the intent to trade.. back when manning and culpepper were the top 2 a team grabbed both of them and later ended up trading culpepper and a decent WR for a starting RB...

it ended up being a great trade for both teams.

often in drafts ive been tempted to grab an extra top 4 TE or top 8 QB with the intent to use them in a package deal for a player i wanted but missed out on at a position I am weaker at.

ofcourse multi player deals where the multiple players are trash are never good. but it doesn't have to be like that and as far as picking up someone off of waivers i hardly view that as much of an advantage. Id rahter have one of the guys i just traded away otherwise I would have dropped them.

LOL! I stand by my post. The team getting more players is getting screwed. The entire reason for trading more players for less is to get a higher quality player that you lack. You have to involve more players because they are not as good. So picking up Chris Perry who will start for the Bengals is not a good waiver move? Picking up someone like Crayton that they dropped to make room on their roster is not a good waiver move?

LOL! I stand by my post. The team getting more players is getting screwed. The entire reason for trading more players for less is to get a higher quality player that you lack. You have to involve more players because they are not as good. So picking up Chris Perry who will start for the Bengals is not a good waiver move? Picking up someone like Crayton that they dropped to make room on their roster is not a good waiver move?

they are good waiver moves after the fact. but they really should not factor much into your decision to do a trade.. otherwise you should be comfortable in saying that you would have dropped X player that you just traded away to pick up Y player anyway.

and you cant sit here and tell me that the trade I outlined is not a fair 2 for 1 deal. Granted it was a few years back so ill make up something similair using this years values.

Team A has Manning and Brees but little at RB.

Team B drafted 3 runningbacks in a row and has Barber, LJ and Bush.

Team A offers Brees and Cotchery to Team B for LJ

LJ>Brees LJ> Cotchery but your going to say that given what each team needs, that Brees and Cotchery are not a fair deal for LJ?

just a random example off the top of my head tho

please keep in mind im not saying that badd 2 for 1 deals don't exist. they happen all the time where one team thinks that offering quantity should equal getting quality in return so he offers 3 crap players for 1 star.

im just saying there can be plenty of fair and helpful uneven trades.

they are good waiver moves after the fact. but they really should not factor much into your decision to do a trade.. otherwise you should be comfortable in saying that you would have dropped X player that you just traded away to pick up Y player anyway.

and you cant sit here and tell me that the trade I outlined is not a fair 2 for 1 deal. Granted it was a few years back so ill make up something similair using this years values.

Team A has Manning and Brees but little at RB.

Team B drafted 3 runningbacks in a row and has Barber, LJ and Bush.

Team A offers Brees and Cotchery to Team B for LJ

LJ>Brees LJ> Cotchery but your going to say that given what each team needs, that Brees and Cotchery are not a fair deal for LJ?

just a random example off the top of my head tho

please keep in mind im not saying that badd 2 for 1 deals don't exist. they happen all the time where one team thinks that offering quantity should equal getting quality in return so he offers 3 crap players for 1 star.

im just saying there can be plenty of fair and helpful uneven trades.

Sure it is possible for an uneven trade to be good for everyone. However, a vast majority of the time it benefits the team getting few players. :unsure:

Another thing I'd like to add on the 2 for 1, 3 for 2 trades... by offering them, you give the team your trading with the opportunity to give you a player that you think is worth more.

For example:

Last year, I offered a 3 for 2 trade before the season started (in a PPR league) of Jacobs, Winslow, and Vince Young for Bush & Heap.... telling the owner to give me one of his back-up QB's to replace Young (who he was real high on). I assumed he would give me Joey Harrington, and really didn't care as I had Hassleback as my starting QB. He decided to give me Favre instead of Harrington (sound ridiculous in hindsight and I thought it was at the time... but Favre was coming off an 18 TD, 18 INT Season so it made a little bit of sense).