Sign in to follow this  
Mackgee

Who will be this years Greg Jennings?

Who will be the sleeper WR that breaks out this year and wins someone their league? I will throw a name out there Bryant Johnson. I'm not sure he is a sleeper, but I think he could post good numbers in San Fran. That of course is dependent on J.T. O'Sullivan. Thoughts?

Jennings and Colston aren't quite the same since Jennings was drafted with much higher expectations than Colston. It's pretty close to impossible to guess the next Colston, but as for the next Jennings you might want to look at Matt Jones.

Who will be the sleeper WR that breaks out this year and wins someone their league? I will throw a name out there Bryant Johnson. I'm not sure he is a sleeper, but I think he could post good numbers in San Fran. That of course is dependent on J.T. O'Sullivan. Thoughts?

James Hardy.

I think Vincent Jackson of SD could be a monster, especially with teams worrying about Chambers. However, Gates is his biggest obstacle.

Desean Jackson Please :overhead:

Not gonna happen. Jackson is going to play mostly out of the slot. The Eagles hardly use the slot receiver, because they have a pretty good pass catching back named Brian Westbrook. You might have heard of him. I like the kid, but no way is he going to put up Colston, or even high end WR3 numbers. You're looking at a very low end WR3 at best.

Out of all the late round WR's, I'd say Sidney Rice, Ted Ginn, and James Hardy have the best chance of 900+/8+ seasons.

I agree, Teddy G. in PPR. May only score 5 TD but 80-90 catches for 1100 yds could happen.

That isnt a bad name, but back him up with Josh Morgan. One of those two will bust out.

J

Teddy G.

I thought of him as well. Pennington is not great, but if he turns Ginn into a young Coles, Ginn can be a solid #2, and maybe approach #1 stats this year. :(

Another that comes to mind is the rook E. Royal in Denver. Denver could be playing from behind quite a bit. Marshall will be a stud, and Royal will benefit from single coverage.

A deep, deep sleeper...R. Davis in Chicago. Orton actually hasn't looked that bad, and Davis appears to be his favorite target, besides maybe Olsen.

1-Courtney Taylor. Will start along with Burleson. Taylor will play Engram's position until he returns from injury so in PPR leagues Taylor is worth a flier. I just picked him up in two of my leagues.

2- Jordan Kent. He is 6-foot-4 so I expect he will become a Red Zone threat. I watched almost every Seahawk preseason game and this guy made plays. Boom or bust but he's on everyone's WW so there is little risk.

WRs i look to exceed expectations

patrick crayton

ike hilliard

j. hardy

d. stallworth... even though he has burned me every year

k. walter (broke out last year... big target as johnson draws most of the coverage) he is my pick to click this year... nab him up before people begin to notice... (only owned in 13% of leagues at espn right now)

WRs i look to exceed expectations

patrick crayton

ike hilliard

j. hardy

d. stallworth... even though he has burned me every year

k. walter (broke out last year... big target as johnson draws most of the coverage) he is my pick to click this year... nab him up before people begin to notice... (only owned in 13% of leagues at espn right now)

Bryant Johnson

who will win leagues this year?

brandon marshall

i know what you're thinking: wait, a minute. we're talking about breakout players from out of nowhere. marshall put up 1300/7 last year. statistically it couldn't even be possible to have a jennings or colston jump...and only in 15 games?!

yes, my choice is brandon marshall

'NOT A SLEEPER, I understand but Cotchery could have a breakout type of year....long balls galore

Who was Jennings' QB?'

Yep...Cotch goes from a 1,000 yard receiver with just a few tds last year to having a probowl year.

I think Vincent Jackson of SD could be a monster, especially with teams worrying about Chambers. However, Gates is his biggest obstacle.

Glad I am not alone in thinking he could have a nice year. Who would you double team out of Vincent, Chambers, and Gates? Of course Chambers and Gates will get most of the double teams and there is always the mighty run game of LT to worry about which could free up Jackson.

ONe question for you.

Who the heck is this guy and what makes you think SF can get it done?

who will win leagues this year?

brandon marshall

i know what you're thinking: wait, a minute. we're talking about breakout players from out of nowhere. marshall put up 1300/7 last year. statistically it couldn't even be possible to have a jennings or colston jump...and only in 15 games?!

WTF are you talking about.

Find me a sleeper!!!!

I will look on the same team and say... ROBERT MEACHUM! :music_guitarred: 1000+ 8 TDs and he's isnt even drafted in most leagues