Sign in to follow this  
BLS

Palin speech tonight at 9pm CST...

:overhead:

See, the geek club is making me smarter.

Either that, or "even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes". :lol:

You are on double-secret probation

:lol:

See, the geek club is making me smarter.

No. You simply moved up the smart ladder one notch because drobeski has been missing in action.

Well, I've seen enough of Sarah tonight. What a total cunt. Mother of God. As I said last week, shrewd pick by McCain. She's going to bring all kinds of nutjobs out of the woodwork. I already thought McCain was going to win, but I'm starting to feel like it may wind up being by a decent margin come November.

This country deserves the problems that it constantly encounters. It really does.

Well, there's my 15-minute break from studying for tonight. Have fun staring at the hot nutjob, everyone.

Isn't Guilani pro-choice???

How can so many Republicans be cheering a baby killer? :lol:

If you truly believe that it's murder, how can you even let him in the room?

As for the speech:

Fearmongering: check

usa good: check

terrorists bad: check

Democrats love terrorists: check

low taxes: check

McCain tortured 57 years ago: check

Obama inexperience: terrible

Palin experience: awesome!

Palin speech:

Fearmongering: check

usa good: check

terrorists bad: check

Democrats love terrorists: check

low taxes: check

McCain tortured 57 years ago: check

Obama inexperience: terrible

Palin inexperience: folksy!

Obama: Elitist

Guy who doesn't know how many homes he owns: Down to earth guy!

Well, I've seen enough of Sarah tonight. What a total cunt. Mother of God. As I said last week, shrewd pick by McCain. She's going to bring all kinds of nutjobs out of the woodwork. I already thought McCain was going to win, but I'm starting to feel like it may wind up being by a decent margin come November.

This country deserves the problems that it constantly encounters. It really does.

Well, there's my 15-minute break from studying for tonight. Have fun staring at the hot nutjob, everyone.

She's a great pick. Thanks for the confirmation. Let the excuses begin already. "We just don't get it." We know, we know. You told us already. We're just not smart enough to understand it the first 84 times.

Sure, everybody uses fluff terms at times, but this typical conservative crap is just so over the top. Again, it's all buzzwords. Obama did nothing last week but specifically lay out his plans (for all of the idiots who hadn't figured them out yet, or taken 2 seconds to go to his website and take a look), and tonight's nothing but saying what they want to do, but nothing relating to how.

It's pandering to the workers while supporting a system that screws us, shoving religion into the mix, and tearing down the opponent and engaging in divisive politics. I hate both forms of extremism, but crap like this is why I definitely hate neo-cons the worst. Do these people wipe their asses with the Constitution?

Umm....just asking....why do you compare Obama's speach with Palin's? I didn't hear any buzzwords from SP, just straight talk for a change. Nice change of pace, IMO.

Umm....just asking....why do you compare Obama's speach with Palin's? I didn't hear any buzzwords from SP, just straight talk for a change. Nice change of pace, IMO.

That's all we have to compare it to so far. Plus, this broad, in terms of purely speaking, is obviously light years better than McCain. :lol:

In regards to the "straight talk for a change" line........... :overhead: Holy mother of crap.

No. You simply moved up the smart ladder one notch because drobeski has been missing in action.

:lol:

She's a great pick. Thanks for the confirmation. Let the excuses begin already. "We just don't get it." We know, we know. You told us already. We're just not smart enough to understand it the first 84 times.

You're so brash for a youngin'. I know plenty of kids like you. Good luck with that.

As for excuses, there are none. I've vigorously supported Obama from day one, but I've said for some time that he'll lose to McCain. Not sure where the excuse is there. McCain appeals to a decent demographic.....now that he has added Palin, they cover an extremely wide demographic and totally energize the neo-cons. McCain's in great shape.

That's all we have to compare it to so far. Plus, this broad, in terms of purely speaking, is obviously light years better than McCain. :lol:

In regards to the "straight talk for a change" line........... :overhead: Holy mother of crap.

Thank you for using the word "broad". I've been trying to bring that word back into style, and it looks like people of all political philosophies are starting to embrace it.

Now, just try to work the following words into conversation: tomato, toots, dame, and slit.

Yeah...you're right. There was no straight talk. Holy smokes, you just don't get it. Nobody and I mean...NOBODY has called anybody out like she just did. She called out dirty Republicans, Obama, Liberals, the media. Get over it Rattle, she rocked and you know it. And leave your mom outta this.

When I first heard about McCain's pick, I laughed and said he gave away the election. I usually don't watch the conventions because of the typical retoric that both sides say, but I was blown away by Palin. As I sat down with the wife to watch it, I said this is a make or break night for her and McCain. If she tanked the speech, they were toast. To be honest, I thought she needed to nail it in order to have a chance in November.

She nailed it. I am very impressed with her. :headbanger:

Thank you for using the word "broad". I've been trying to bring that word back into style, and it looks like people of all political philosophies are starting to embrace it.

Now, just try to work the following words into conversation: tomato, toots, dame, and slit.

Well according to the Associated Press:

John McCain, as he embraced his running-mate Sarah Palin, reportedly whispered, "Hey, Toots. You are one hot little dame. I was sitting behind the stage during the entire speech and trying to look through the slit in your dress. Thank goodness that you decided to not wear panties, you little whoore [sic]. How about we go back and celebrate a little and play hide the tomato since I have kind of a nubbin sitting in my pants." The VP-candidate was reportedly seen smiling and then motioned for one of her daughters to follow Senator McCain.

:headbanger:

Get over it Rattle, she rocked and you know it.

When did I say she didn't rock? She was extremely effective. I'm sitting here saying that even though I thought McCain was going to win already, I feel that he may win by a wider margin now. I'm saying that she obviously just spewed a bunch of bullcrap, things that sound nice but won't be backed by action, but it was VERY effective. She definitely rocked.

When I first heard about McCain's pick, I laughed and said he gave away the election. I usually don't watch the conventions because of the typical retoric that both sides say, but I was blown away by Palin. As I sat down with the wife to watch it, I said this is a make or break night for her and McCain. If she tanked the speech, they were toast. To be honest, I thought she needed to nail it in order to have a chance in November.

She nailed it. I am very impressed with her. :headbanger:

same old scripted Republican talking points finally said with a non fat/old/super rich/white guy's face

I guess that's change!

When did I say she didn't rock? She was extremely effective. I'm sitting here saying that even though I thought McCain was going to win already, I feel that he may win by a wider margin now. I'm saying that she obviously just spewed a bunch of bullcrap, things that sound nice but won't be backed by action, but it was VERY effective. She definitely rocked.

I didn't see her spewing any more bullcrap than BO, JB, or any others, correct? None of these people write their own speeches anyhow. But boy...did she deliver. I am rock hard.

same old scripted Republican talking points finally said with a non fat/old/super rich/white guy's face

I guess that's change!

I guess the other option for "change" is "Hi Everyone, did I mention that I am black? Vote for me!" :headbanger:

I guess that's change!

You are so wrong. What was the old scripted part? I'll wait.

I guess the other option for "change" is "Hi Everyone, did I mention that I am black? Vote for me!" :headbanger:

Now that's gold Jerry. GOLD!

I didn't see her spewing any more bullcrap than BO, JB, or any others, correct? None of these people write their own speeches anyhow. But boy...did she deliver. I am rock hard.

You guys who get hard over this stuff are clearly what they are pandering for. Talk about lowest common denominator. :headbanger:

You really need to understand that this is a Presidential Election that will affect us all over the next 4 years and your sexual gratification is of no relevance. This juvenile behavior is really something that you should consider with respect to whether it is appropriate.

She is one that you would bang and the daughters (who are of age) are bangable.  However, you don't put it in writing.  Smarten' UP!!!!!

:headbanger:

Yeah...you're right. There was no straight talk. Holy smokes, you just don't get it. Nobody and I mean...NOBODY has called anybody out like she just did. She called out dirty Republicans, Obama, Liberals, the media. Get over it Rattle, she rocked and you know it. And leave your mom outta this.

She did far better than I expected.

:P

Half black, but 100% rich and white. Obama is no Bill Clinton.

I guess the other option for "change" is "Hi Everyone, did I mention that I am black? Vote for me!" :P

I guess it's that simple when you're major source for news is the Northern Northern Wisconsin Tribune :headbanger:

None of these people write their own speeches anyhow. But boy...did she deliver. I am rock hard.

Actually, Obama wrote his speech last week. He writes most of what he says. Again, if people don't like what he's saying, totally FINE, but attempting to discredit him by making off-hand comments like this is.......well, a big part of the problem.

You are so wrong. What was the old scripted part? I'll wait.

All of the traditional conservative talking points.......and they're effective because they appeal to tradition, particularly as it pertains to gender roles. That's why conservatives cling to these values and issues so much, and also why speeches like tonight's are so effective. It goes back to the frigging stone age.

Is this really that hard to figure out? I guess it is. I mean, hell, the number of Americans with a Bachelor's is somewhere between 24-28%, depending on which research you look at.

Are you his campaign manager?

It's common knowledge. Read a newspaper, watch the news.......or simply be awake. Again, people may not like what he says, and that's FINE..........but all of these trivial attempts to discredit him are nothing but pure ignorance.

Actually, Obama wrote his speech last week. He writes most of what he says. Again, if people don't like what he's saying, totally FINE, but attempting to discredit him by making off-hand comments like this is.......well, a big part of the problem.

Yet, he can't improvise the simplest of responses off script. But, he can put together hour long speeches. The guy has pudding for brains.

:oldrolleyes:

Yet, he can't improvise the simplest of responses off script. But, he can put together hour long speeches. The guy has pudding for brains.

:oldrolleyes:

Typical crap. Again, people may not like what he says and may disagree with his opinions/policies, but he's obviously an extremely intelligent person. In terms of him supposedly not being able to improvise......

Simply because he doesn't give immediate black or white answers doesn't mean that he can't improvise. He's analytical. He doesn't always give immediate "yes or no" answers. However, since the majority of our electorate is not very analytical, that doesn't play well.

Again, Obama's been fighting a ridiculous amount of uphill battles since day 1, with race actually being on the back burner. It's unreal that he's gotten so far.

It goes back to the frigging stone age.

There is no such thing as the stone age. Some cultures today still use stone tools, while other cultures have used metal since the beginning of time.

Let's do a reality check here:

- That speech kicked ass. It was the first time (myself included) that many people heard her speak. She did well.

- The speech appealed to many hockey/soccer/whatever moms, including a lot of disenfranchised Hillary women. Personally I believe that she appealed to them more than Hillary ever did, but I'm not a woman, so take it for what it's worth.

- She kicked Obama in the proverbial nuts possibly more and better than I've ever seen a candidate do.

- Her speech had some well-placed references to countries and leaders with difficult names, in an obvious attempt (IMO) to show that she is not clueless on foreign issues. But we all know she is. This is an opportunity for Biden in the debates to create doubt.

- They tried their best to make her look as frumpy as possible, but those side shots of her ass at the podium were :rolleyes:

Typical crap. Again, people may not like what he says and may disagree with his opinions/policies, but he's obviously an extremely intelligent person. In terms of him supposedly not being able to improvise......

Simply because he doesn't give immediate black or white answers doesn't mean that he can't improvise. He's analytical. He doesn't always give immediate "yes or no" answers. However, since the majority of our electorate is not very analytical, that doesn't play well.

Again, Obama's been fighting a ridiculous amount of uphill battles since day 1, with race actually being on the back burner. It's unreal that he's gotten so far.

Obama has been grooming himself for this opportunity since he was a kid. His responses are analytical because he always considers what optimizes his chance at the presidency. Should I join this church to get "street cred?" Should I leave this church because Wright is hurting my position? Cmon Rattle, you don't honestly believe the above, right? :rolleyes:

She nailed it. I am very impressed with her. :rolleyes:

She did very well.

I could have done without a few of the cheaper shots...but overall, her criticisms hit the mark based on how the other side has been trying to hit them.

So basically, she pulled an Obama?

How can you honestly pull for Obama, and just claim that she was saying things that just sounded nice but won't be backed by anything?

Really?

Have you not listened to your boy?

NOTE: for all the touchy ones out there...boy, was in no way a reference to any color of skin.

Im sho nuff and I approve this message.

But will he act upon what he says...for some reason (well, we know the reason) you seem to think he will...but McCain and Palin won't.