Sign in to follow this  
$epphori$

Bill Belichick will become a GOD

I remember when he got drafted alot of people scratched their head. Cassel never started a college game in his carear. He backed up Palmer and Leinart. Never got a chance to play...but gets the chnace to now shine with a ton of weapons, along with the best coach in football. Cassel will have a spectacular season, the Pats win the division, beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship, and then on to beat Dallas in the Superbowl. :unsure:

Yeah, he sure was looking like a God when Bledsoe was his QB. Andf before that, he was quite a God in Cleveland.

Great coach. :unsure:

Yeah, he sure was looking like a God when Bledsoe was his QB. Andf before that, he was quite a God in Cleveland.

Great coach. :mad:

Yea you mean the first year as coach in New England. Most coaches dont go to a new team and turn it around in the first year. However 3 superbowls in 4 years is pretty impressive.

Stop drinking the Hatorade. :wall:

Great coach. :mad:

you will see :wall:

I dont know about super bowl, but I think the pats could still surprise this year if Belichick can keep the teams moral in check.

That said, im pretty sure they were SERIOUSLY considering finding a new backup to Brady right up until Brady got hurt. Cassel BARELY made it, and id question if Brady would have got hurt in week 4 that someone else wouldnt be the #2 in NE.

That doesnt mean Cassel cant get it done now, but id like to see it first.

I dont know about super bowl, but I think the pats could still surprise this year if Belichick can keep the teams moral in check.

That said, im pretty sure they were SERIOUSLY considering finding a new backup to Brady right up until Brady got hurt. Cassel BARELY made it, and id question if Brady would have got hurt in week 4 that someone else wouldnt be the #2 in NE.

That doesnt mean Cassel cant get it done now, but id like to see it first.

He has been a backup for 4 years...Obviously Belichick sees something in him

Yea you mean the first year as coach in New England. Most coaches dont go to a new team and turn it around in the first year. However 3 superbowls in 4 years is pretty impressive.

3 superbowls in 4 years = *

Belicheat is nothing but a cheater, cry baby and now he must suffer the pain of what he has become.

Why is it hating to ask the legitimate questions? Are you suggesting that Belichick's record without Brady is NOT 41-59? Are you suggesting that nothing should be read into the fact that Matt Cassel was put in for two series last year, and was summarily pulled because he so bad, even though the Pats were blowing out the Dolphins?

Is questioning the abilities of a guy who hasn't started a game since high school unfair? Why? Because Belichick's a genius? Based on his tenure with Brady at QB? You point out the three out of four, but that really doesn't answer the question, does it?

I'm just wondering why that becomes "hate."

Belicheat is nothing without Brady... You will see.

With an aging defense and offense that can no longer outscore opponents they wont make the playoffs. Not to mention they no longer have tapes of the other team prior to kickoff. :wall:

Patriots won't win ANYTHING for at least a decade! :mad:

BB has evolved as a coach, he has become much better, just like Brady...he evolved under BB..He got better...early on in Bradys first 20 wins as a starting QB, you have to credit the coaching staff for winning just as much as Brady.

I am telling you BB will lead this team thru Cassel

I remember when he got drafted alot of people scratched their head. Cassel never started a college game in his carear. He backed up Palmer and Leinart. Never got a chance to play...but gets the chnace to now shine with a ton of weapons, along with the best coach in football. Cassel will have a spectacular season, the Pats win the division, beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship, and then on to beat Dallas in the Superbowl. :doublethumbsup:

Bill Belichick is already a God....

:thumbsup:

How's that cack taste guys? Man, the NFL shop should make kneepads with the Pats logo on them. I guess with Brady on the bench, you guys need another cack in the back end to complete the chinese fingercuffs. I think you may find that Cassell's is a big small for you.

The Pats aren't done. They still have a lot of talent, and a pvssy schedule. But you can spin it all you like, Cassell sucks. He looked like sh!t in preseason and damn near got cut. You ain't gonna win shootouts with that guy.

I think the run game can keep the offense moving. I wish I had a piece of Maroney now in my FF league.

But I think the high flying circus that the Pats offense has been has masked some pretty serious defensive weakness. I'd be more concerned about that if I were a pats fan. You can get by with old asss spot players when your offense is hanging 30+ points a game, but I have my doubts that they can keep the team in close, grind it out games without Brady leading drives late in games.

We'll see though. Its put up or shut up time for Bellicheck. I for one will have my popcorn.

How's that cack taste guys? Man, the NFL shop should make kneepads with the Pats logo on them. I guess with Brady on the bench, you guys need another cack in the back end to complete the chinese fingercuffs. I think you may find that Cassell's is a big small for you.

The Pats aren't done. They still have a lot of talent, and a pvssy schedule. But you can spin it all you like, Cassell sucks. He looked like sh!t in preseason and damn near got cut. You ain't gonna win shootouts with that guy.

I think the run game can keep the offense moving. I wish I had a piece of Maroney now in my FF league.

But I think the high flying circus that the Pats offense has been has masked some pretty serious defensive weakness. I'd be more concerned about that if I were a pats fan. You can get by with old asss spot players when your offense is hanging 30+ points a game, but I have my doubts that they can keep the team in close, grind it out games without Brady leading drives late in games.

We'll see though. Its put up or shut up time for Bellicheck. I for one will have my popcorn.

what is that noise in the background? is that crying? oh yeah it's just Vince Young crying to his mommy :doublethumbsup:

I remember when he got drafted alot of people scratched their head. Cassel never started a college game in his carear. He backed up Palmer and Leinart. Never got a chance to play...but gets the chnace to now shine with a ton of weapons, along with the best coach in football. Cassel will have a spectacular season, the Pats win the division, beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship, and then on to beat Dallas in the Superbowl. :doh:

Sig bet on Pats winning the Superbowl?

just when you though it was impossible to build on the legacy/resume of Belichick, this adversity presents that opportunity.

Watching WAS in that opening Thrs. Night Game this year reminded me just how important coaching is in this league and how great coaching can win you games.

Zorn and WAS were (somehow) still in that game into the 4th quarter; they could have stolen a victory there.

If only they were better prepared.

If only they managed the clock better.

To me, this season is almost more compelling now that Brady is out.

Instead of being a juggernaut that should crush everyone, they're back to being a team that has to scrape and claw for every win.

Having the bar set unrealistically high is difficult.

Being a fan where anything short of a superbowl win is considered failure will almost always guarantee that you'll have a "bad" season in the end.

I still like NE's chances to go to the Playoffs and once there, anything can happen.

But for the future of the team, losing Brady for a season may harden them a bit, toughen them up and strengthen them some. Brady was a great luxury that helped them all overcome mistakes on both defense and offense.

For a while now, we've needed NE to get back to a more gritty, hard-nosed brand of football. We've needed more big plays on SP/Teams and more aggression on Defense. The way they had to win in '01 was lot different than how they had to win in '07 and I'd like to see the best of both styles used.

What's the worst part for me is that losing Brady for a year is losing 8% or 10% off of his entire career. Brady and NE will only be this good for so long... maybe it's 10 years? Either way, one year lost is a big percentage; It's like losing 1 Christmas with your kids... there are only so many magical years to be had and every one needs to appreciated and cherished.

After Blesdoe went down, NE was "done".

After Milloy was cut, NE was "done".

After Weiss and Crennell left, NE was "done"

After Branch held out and was traded, NE was "done"

After Vinatieri & McGinnest & Law left, NE was "done"

After Spygate, NE was "done"

every year there is some catastrophe at the beginning of the season. Yep, Brady is the biggest one so far, but I've never had more faith in any Boston team than I do with the NE Patriots.

I'm really excited to see what they'll make out of this mess they're in now.

just when you though it was impossible to build on the legacy/resume of Belichick, this adversity presents that opportunity.

Watching WAS in that opening Thrs. Night Game this year reminded me just how important coaching is in this league and how great coaching can win you games.

Zorn and WAS were (somehow) still in that game into the 4th quarter; they could have stolen a victory there.

Instead of being a juggernaut that should crush everyone, they're back to being a team that has to scrape and claw for every win.

Being a fan where anything short of a superbowl win is considered failure will almost always guarantee that you'll have a "bad" season in the end.

I still like NE's chances to go to the Playoffs and once there, anything can happen.

But for the future of the team, losing Brady for a season may harden them a bit, toughen them up and strengthen them some. Brady was a great luxury that helped them all overcome mistakes on both defense and offense.

For a while now, we've needed NE to get back to a more gritty, hard-nosed brand of football. We've needed more big plays on SP/Teams and more aggression on Defense. The way they had to win in '01 was lot different than how they had to win in '07 and I'd like to see the best of both styles used.

What's the worst part for me is that losing Brady for a year is losing 8% or 10% off of his entire career. Brady and NE will only be this good for so long... maybe it's 10 years? Either way, one year lost is a big percentage; It's like losing 1 Christmas with your kids... there are only so many magical years to be had and every one needs to appreciated and cherished.

every year there is some catastrophe at the beginning of the season. Yep, Brady is the biggest one so far, but I've never had more faith in any Boston team than I do with the NE Patriots.

:doh: :cry: :mad:

very well put :doh:

:

:mad: :wall:

Exquisite.

As one who really never said any of those things, TDRyan, let me respond. First, when Bledsoe went down, no one said they were done. They were 0-2. They were already bad. Sorry to myth-break, but it hasn't always been the Patriots against the world, except in their own minds.

I want to point this one out, because it's critical. Brady came in with no expectations, and he and the Patriots surprised the world. To say their expectations dropped when he came in is a misnomor.

The situation is quite a bit different here. The expectations were incredibly high, and you just lost a very significant piece, perhaps the most significant piece. Consider this while you hold on to hope - and I don't blame that, it's admirable: When Tom Brady came in for Bledsoe, no one had any idea about him. He had modest success in college, but had some skills and a good head. He succeeded. Over to 2008, we have Cassel coming in. Unfortunately, we have seen him. He has been awful on the field. Awful.

Can Belichick coach around that? Perhaps, but history is not in his favor. You point out the Patriots' past "catastrophes", and gloss over what kept those from being so terribly problematic. They drafted well, they brought in the right free agents to fit their system, and remained smart. Everything fits their pattern, and it was brilliant management. To follow your argument, you have to be ready to suggest that Cassel is better than Brady was when he started. I say better because the defense isn't as good as 2001. And at that, your hope is for 11-5 at best. That's where that other team finished. Can they do it? Yes, if everything aligns perfectly, and they get a bit lucky. But counting on the Patriots' mystique is probably hoping for a bit much in this.

Belichick's lost his ability to cheat and his QB in less than one year. That's a lot to overcome.

what is that noise in the background? is that crying? oh yeah it's just Vince Young crying to his mommy :shocking:

Hell, even if Vince's crazy asss jumps off a bridge tomorrow, I'd still rather go through the season with Collins and now Chris Simms (according to the rumors going around my office anyway) than Cassell and whoever the fock you have behind him.

Not to mention the fact that our subpar QB corps only has to score 14-20 points a game to win, with our badazz defense. I don't think New England can say the same.

I just hope New England wins enough games to hopefully be our wildcard round opponent. It would be nice to get a little payback while their down.

As one who really never said any of those things, TDRyan, let me respond. First, when Bledsoe went down, no one said they were done. They were 0-2. They were already bad. Sorry to myth-break, but it hasn't always been the Patriots against the world, except in their own minds.

I want to point this one out, because it's critical. Brady came in with no expectations, and he and the Patriots surprised the world. To say their expectations dropped when he came in is a misnomor.

If DET had lost Calvin Johnson early in the season would it be fair to say they felt they were "done"?

If SF had lost Frank Gore early on.

and likewise

If NE loses Brady

or DAL loses Romo

so the expectations of the team, no matter how high or low, are lowered with an injury to the franchise player.

That's nice and all that you counted out NE in '01 but the fanbase was still hopeful that they'd make the playoffs as I'm sure the fanbases of DET and SF are going into this year.

There is no arguement here as there is nothing to debate. When Bledsoe went down that year, all hope for the season was gone. They were "done".

To follow your argument, you have to be ready to suggest that Cassel is better than Brady was when he started. I say better because the defense isn't as good as 2001. And at that, your hope is for 11-5 at best. That's where that other team finished. Can they do it? Yes, if everything aligns perfectly, and they get a bit lucky. But counting on the Patriots' mystique is probably hoping for a bit much in this.

I give you credit for recognizing that Cassel doesn't have to be the Tom Brady of the past few years. He has to be the Tom Brady in the early years: and those Brady's are two different QBs.

And with that, I agree with you that Cassel won't be as good as the early Brady. From day 1 Brady has been a savant at reading defenses, seeing the whole field, and making the right decision.

But I do believe the NE team, as a whole, is better now than it was in '01.

Your position is that Cassel must be better because the team isn't as good.

I believe Cassel can do less because the team is better and their schedule should be easier.

and admittedly, as a fan, I have no choice but to believe that and hope for the best.

1. They werent worth a sh!t WITH Bledsoe

2. Milloy was hardly an impact player

3. This maybe your only logical response as losing 2 coordinators is tough

4. Branch has always been a scrub and a Superbowl MVP don't mean sh!t... Ask the countless others who have won it and then did NOTHING

5. Vinatieri is kicker for crying out loud and while his legacy is nice, it really only stands out because of a bad call by the refs. Tuck rule anyone? McGinnest=OLD

6. Obviously WITHOUT cheating, they couldnt beat NY, so you are right.... THEY WERE DONE!

Beat it Hooker! :shocking:

I give you credit for recognizing that Cassel doesn't have to be the Tom Brady of the past few years. He has to be the Tom Brady in the early years: and those Brady's are two different QBs.

And with that, I agree with you that Cassel won't be as good as the early Brady. From day 1 Brady has been a savant at reading defenses, seeing the whole field, and making the right decision.

But I do believe the NE team, as a whole, is better now than it was in '01.

Your position is that Cassel must be better because the team isn't as good.

I believe Cassel can do less because the team is better and their schedule should be easier.

and admittedly, as a fan, I have no choice but to believe that and hope for the best.

I'm with most of what you're saying here, and I think we're rather on the same page. The bolded part I want to contend because it's not what I said. This version is better . . . offensively. But defensively, I don't think so. The huge advantage that Brady had while he was learning was that the defense did a tremendous job of bending, not breaking, and making plays at the right time - turnovers, etc. Can you say that about this year's Patriots? I don't think so. And now, with the offense not as dominating, opponents are going to be able to stay balanced, as opposed to last year when the running game was effectively nullified early in games. That makes it tough.

The schedule argument is legitimate, BUT . . . that cakewalk schedule has taken a different face. Now you've got Favre twice, a Bills team that is feisty as all get out, Warner, Hasselbeck (if he has any targets left), Cutler, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Manning. Is the defense ready to stand up against that? Last year, they didn't really have to. They had to slow them down. Now they will have to stop them. What do you think?

I think the Patriots fight for their division, but it's a dogfight now.

:unsure: Dan, thank for briniging some good discussion here.

I addressed the aggressive defense and SPTeams play in my original "soap box" post in this thread.

You're right about them, they aren't what they were in '01. Re-read the part I wrote about Brady being a luxury that made up for a lot of mistakes... we're saying the same things here really.

and yes, NE will be in dogfight for the division.

my whole point here is that I haven't given up with Brady out.

:cheers: Dan, thank for briniging some good discussion here.

I addressed the aggressive defense and SPTeams play in my original "soap box" post in this thread.

You're right about them, they aren't what they were in '01. Re-read the part I wrote about Brady being a luxury that made up for a lot of mistakes... we're saying the same things here really.

and yes, NE will be in dogfight for the division.

my whole point here is that I haven't given up with Brady out.

:shocking:

Went back and read your first post again. I getcha. Thanks, TD.

BB has evolved as a coach, he has become much better, just like Brady...he evolved under BB..He got better...early on in Bradys first 20 wins as a starting QB, you have to credit the coaching staff for winning just as much as Brady.

I am telling you BB will lead this team thru Cassel

(Steve Perry)

Don't Stop! Believing,

Hold on to that Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeling! :music_guitarred: :headbanger: :bandana:

the interesting outcome i see here is this:

first, if cassel produces stats and wins games, what does this say about tom brady in the grand scheme of things? is he replaceable? is he just another pawn in the belichick scheme, as opposed to a king? i always propose that moss/TO squeeze stats from schmuck qbs. if it happens here, does it somewhat lessen/diminish what brady did? my contention last yr [which was lost by most commentators and analysts] was that we had seen that kind of gaudy offense and points before---back in 1998, with another moss offense.

second, if this situation does not work out, and it does not produce success, does it lessen/diminish the belichick system? does it ultimately elevate brady proving that it was all him all these yrs and belichick has not as major a contribution to their ultimate end success?

One of the Pats beat writers made an interesting point right after the first round of cuts this year. He more or less said the coaching staff asked Cassel to help them evaluate the rookies against the first string defenses this pre season and not to be overly concerned about his job. He was kind of eluding to the point that many of the screwups the Pats had this preseason were not Cassels fault at all and that Chad Jackson and others on the bubble were repeatedly mis reading defenses and mis running routs. The O line was not helping Cass either for whatever reason. Guit was coming in against the second/third string defenses and looked better in part due to this. Supposedly the Pats brass was a little concerned with Guit throwing "dangerous" passes. Even though several went for completions. Many in Pats nation were miffed about Guit getting cut over Cassel but I will say Cassel never once looked concerned for his job. Being a 4 year vet with them he has the best grasp of a proven system. He should run things pretty decently and others have said he has more than a little bit of Brady in him. We shall see.

this should be in this thread. Nicely put :banana:

Man, every time I open this thread, I catch a strong stench of panic, with a whiff of hope thrown in for flavor. It'll be awesome to come back here when the Pats fans are all ready to jump off of high buildings.

cant wait to bump this thread in Jan :banana:

It will most likely be bumped in Nov when the Patsies are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs! :banana:

Or matt cassel will act like the rookie he is when teams blitz his ass like crazy. And Billicheat will be fired 2010

I dont know about super bowl, but I think the pats could still surprise this year if Belicheat can squash the teams morality again!

Fixored! :(