Sign in to follow this  
CookieG

Just Dumped Larry Johnson

I just couldn't see KC's sitch. getting any better than terrible and while I see some bright weeks for Cleveland's offense, I have Cutler and I just don't see them overcoming their brutal schedule.

I traded:

Anderson, LJ & Roy Williams

for:

Schaub, Tim Hightower & DeSean "in need of brain transplant" Jackson

I still think Roy will score a few TDs, but he's not gonna sniff my lineup most of the time. I'm intrigued by this cocky/stupid kid's upside with McNabb looking so good. I also needed a battering ram GL type and I think Hightower is that w/some upside if Edge is limited, out or just too old.

Not the real major deal for a RB that I want, but I just don't want LJ to be mine if he is completely worthless (very well could happen if he craps the bed in the Falcons game).

Just needed to discuss/vent/validate gents.. sorry if it reads as a pat me on the back post.. it is fun making trades.

:shocking:

If this is a pat on the back post, you should stop right now.

2 weeks does not make a season. Are you kidding with that trade?

Hah.. had a feeling it wouldn't go over so well with bored.

i'm not gonna sweat dumping DA & LJ.. Yards do me no good in this league.. I need TDs. If Cutler goes down, i'm screwed anyway. Hightower may start by midseason and he gets all the GLs anyway. Roy is the only piece that I dealt, that had any steady scoring capability.. and i'm not going to play him over Marshall, SS & Fitz. Plus I think the Jackson kid is pretty studly.

I originally wanted Lenwhale back, but i'm okay with seeing how this Hightower kid comes on.. i'd rather have the GL back on a high scoring offense than an old name who's just called out his coaching staff.. on a putrid, Herm Edwards led team to boot.

Fock it.. going with a youth movement.

You could have traded LJ, and gotten a decent TE for him or something, but yeah, he aint truly worth much....when we look back on the overall season that will be apparent...JMHO

What witty repartee, Joined Yesterday.. Never thought i'd see the word "couth" used to desrcibe anything in fantasy football. But fock it.. pile on if it makes you feel better.

I think your next trade with this guy should include a clause stating that he cant go on the same FF board that you use and bad mouth you

Holy shiat.. I think I have a phone call to make.

p.s. just looked at the guy's posts and nothing looks similar to my friend (trade partner). I will call him though.. what would be weirder would be if the two identical.. as per the consenseus.. stupid azz trades were made the same morning. I know he's in one other performance league.. and actually asks for my advice regularly (heh heh..)

either way, what's done is done..

Holy shiat.. I think I have a phone call to make.

p.s. just looked at the guy's posts and nothing looks similar to my friend (trade partner). I will call him though.. what would be weirder would be if the two identical.. as per the consenseus.. stupid azz trades were made the same morning. I know he's in one other performance league.. and actually asks for my advice regularly (heh heh..)

either way, what's done is done..

OR MAYBE.....The other poster just created his topic to poke fun at you?? :pointstosky:

OR MAYBE.....The other poster just created his topic to poke fun at you??

Think that's got to be the case.. based on what his archived posts read like.. bears no similarity to my bro. stosher1, the merry prankster? Good one if so.. had me going for awhile.

:pointstosky:

Think that's got to be the case.. based on what his archived posts read like.. bears no similarity to my bro. stosher1, the merry prankster? Good one if so.. had me going for awhile.

:lol:

:doh:

:doh:

My posts resemble an oracle in obscurity of thought and will leave you saying "Who was that man?"

I also needed a battering ram GL type

Itsatipthatfantasyfootballandrealfootball....

My posts resemble an oracle in obscurity of thought and will leave you saying "Who was that man?"

Good deal.. a little weirdness is exactly what I need right now. :shocking:

so wow that's really your team in your sig? how can you suck the dill after spending so much time on here? it's rhetorical. i appreciate it when people just come out and tell you not to pay attention to anything they have to say. quite the time and trouble saver right here. nice that the best player you get is arguably your number four wideout and your running backs aren't. here's the obligatory twenty four team league inquiry. thanks.

Not a lot of mercy from the good uncle. I'm in a TD league.. I need scores.. You think LJ is going to score more tds than Hightower? I don't. I think Anderson was a mistake and has an evil schedule.. ergo a wash with Schaub (who plays Cincy when Cutler's on a bye) and i think Jackson will have more value soon than Roy.

Okay, i'm "jumping the gun on LJ".. i don't think so.. the writing's on the wall there.. I think they're a terrible team and he wouldn't have done shiot for all but a couple weeks for me, if that.

In my league, vultures have some value.. i'm in discussion right now to spin HT along with maybe Fitz for Marshawn Lynch to an guy who's stacked at RB and has crappy WRs. Even if I kept him.. I'd start Cutler, Grant (when he finally rebounds), CJ3 and still score plenty with my receivers.

Keep focusing on old "names" man.. i'm cool actually taking young players who will score.. honestly would you want LJ or DA right now? Do you think you'd get lots for them if you dealt them in a TD league? If I crapped the bed, it was at the draft taking them and not getting a top RB.. now i'm 2-0.. and just trying to save what value my roster has. LJ will be kryptonite.. maybe he does okay this week.. but I wouldn't count on it.

Not a lot of mercy from the good uncle. I'm in a TD league.. I need scores.. You think LJ is going to score more tds than Hightower? I don't. I think Anderson was a mistake and has an evil schedule.. ergo a wash with Schaub (who plays Cincy when Cutler's on a bye) and i think Jackson will have more value soon than Roy.

Okay, i'm "jumping the gun on LJ".. i don't think so.. the writing's on the wall there.. I think they're a terrible team and he wouldn't have done shiot for all but a couple weeks for me, if that.

In my league, vultures have some value.. i'm in discussion right now to spin HT along with maybe Fitz for Marshawn Lynch to an guy who's stacked at RB and has crappy WRs. Even if I kept him.. I'd start Cutler, Grant (when he finally rebounds), CJ3 and still score plenty with my receivers.

Keep focusing on old "names" man.. i'm cool actually taking young players who will score.. honestly would you want LJ or DA right now? Do you think you'd get lots for them if you dealt them in a TD league? If I crapped the bed, it was at the draft taking them and not getting a top RB.. now i'm 2-0.. and just trying to save what value my roster has. LJ will be kryptonite.. maybe he does okay this week.. but I wouldn't count on it.

Let me guess, you won your league last year? :rolleyes:

I don't think you lost that much. LJ is virtually worthless on that team and Roy isn't getting the love he wants. Basically you should have held onto D.A. for a couple more games to see if their opponents are to blame for their lackluster play or their offense. DeSean was a great pickup IMO and if you've got Cutler you're gonna roll with him no matter what so it may work out for you.

good luck.

I don't think you lost that much. LJ is virtually worthless on that team and Roy isn't getting the love he wants. Basically you should have held onto D.A. for a couple more games to see if their opponents are to blame for their lackluster play or their offense. DeSean was a great pickup IMO and if you've got Cutler you're gonna roll with him no matter what so it may work out for you.

good luck.

Thanks FF.. I appreciate the lack of azz reaming.. i really do. I have 2nd guessed this a ton of times.. and hey, if LJ & DA crank up their value soon, i'll feel like a jackazz and if not.. no worries.. it's a TD league and I need chances at steady 6's at RB.. nothing spectacular. People weren't lining up with Westy & Gore for LJ & Roy Willliams.

:wave: