Sign in to follow this  
RollinWithNolan

McNabb vs. Romo

McNabb's receivers: A bunch of guys who would be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart at WR for other teams, a rookie, and LJ Smith at TE.

Romo: The best WR in the game, Crayton, and arguably the top TE in the game right now in Witten.

McNabb has more yards and a better QB rating so far while playing with much less around him.

Can you honestly say that Romo would have made the Eagles look as good as they did Monday night had the two QBs been playing for opposite teams?

I am sick of this Romo is better than McNabb rubbish!

Romo is SUPERIOR to McFlabb in every way.

See, you are the kind of person who is spewing this rubbish I am talking about!

Superior in every way? Really?

McNabb has the best TD/INT ratio of all time with . You could give Romo T.O, Moss, and a young Jerry Rice and he will never take that from McNabb.

McNabb has 7 playoff wins out of 12 playoff games. Romo has never won a playoff game. Romo may be younger, but in 2000, McNabb's first full year as a starter, he led the Eagles, who again I remind you had much less offensive weapons that Romo has had, to a first round playoff victory over Tampa Bay. Even the SB defeat that everyone claims was McNabb's fault, McNabb threw for 300+ yds, 3 TDs, and 2 INTS (3rd int was last play of the game hail mary). 3rd highest SB yardage ever.

I could go on and on about stats and aspects of the game in which McNabb is superior to Romo.

In addition, "McFlabb" can out scramble Romo any day and probably bench press his family.

Wasn't this settled last Monday Night. Romo made the plays it took to win. McNabb didn't.

As far as FF goes I like McNabb better (until he gets hurt in week four then I like Romo more).

The other item I found interesting is that Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is on his way to having the highest passer rating in the history of the league. Through 28 starts and 919 attempts, Romo now has a 97.6 rating. Steve Young has the highest with 96.8. Romo needs 581 attempts to reach the league minimum for ending up in the record books.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast

It's hard to compare a QB who has had 8 full years as a starter in the NFL, to a QB who has had 1 full year as a starter in the NFL.

McNabb has a much larger starting QB resume then Romo has right now. No way to make an accurate comparison.

It's hard to compare a QB who has had 8 full years as a starter in the NFL, to a QB who has had 1 full year as a starter in the NFL.

McNabb has a much larger starting QB resume then Romo has right now. No way to make an accurate comparison.

That is reasonable. I have no problem with people saying that because it is true. The people who make claims like the 1st reply in this post, claiming that Romo is flat out superior, are the ones who drive me up the wall.

How about you wait until Romo becomes something more than a regular season wonder to bow down to his supposed greatness? Same can be said to all those who try to claim Brees and Palmer are better than McNabb.

I couldn't care less about this debate. One thing I do know for sure is that on the last two series, McNabb imploded again, making several very poor decisions which hindered the best possibility of a comeback. Why, after so many years in the league and since implementation of the rule to "throw the ball away outside of the pocket" - he insists on taking sacks I'll never focking understand.

Had they lost while not making fundamental mistakes like those which occurred in the last three minutes of the game, I'd be a lot less pissed than I am about the two sacks, bullets in the dirt, and passes on 4th-down short of the stick.

Tony Romo is the best QB in the history of the NFL. If he wins any less than 3 SBs he will be an under achiever and the biggest loser in the history of professionasl sports.

I like how you leave out Westbrook. How stupid of a thread.

Kinda like the Manning vs Brady......Who cares.

Wait until week 13 when mcflaab gets injured again. It will give us a better perspective on why your post is stupid.

Wait until week 13 when mcflaab gets injured again. It will give us a better perspective on why your post is stupid.

I think you've confused the two.

Week 6 is when McNabb gets injured.

Week 13 is when Romo begins his annual implosion.

And who gives a fock who's better? It's a dumb argument that could only be sustained by the mindless devotees of every list ever created by ESPN and SI.

Romo blamed himself for his bonehead play in the endzone. McNabb went to the sideline jumped on Westbrook for fumbling the exchange he screwed up.

Romo=Leader

McNabb=Biatch

ROMO>McNabb

Guest RenoZ
Wasn't this settled last Monday Night. Romo made the plays it took to win. McNabb didn't.

Thread over.

The people who make claims like the 1st reply in this post, claiming that Romo is flat out superior, are the ones who drive me up the wall.

Wait, you just said earlier in the thread that Romo could have T.O., Moss and Rice and never equal McNabb's TD/INT ratio. Isn't that claiming that McNabb is flat out superior?

How about you wait until Romo becomes something more than a regular season wonder to bow down to his supposed greatness? Same can be said to all those who try to claim Brees and Palmer are better than McNabb.

McNabb is a post season failure, though. No Superbowl = fail. I'm guessing Romo could *not* win the SB just as well as McNabb. He already has.

McNabb has the best TD/INT ratio of all time

Or maybe that would be Tom Brady.

Anyway, McNabb has Westbrook, who you failed to list among his receivers. Dude scores like a fifth of McNabb's TDs every year. That's like people who say Brett Favre never had any receivers and then when you bring up Sterling Sharpe and Freeman and Ahman Green they're like "Yeah, but those guys sucked." :ninja:

"Rhomo, hands down, wins this round of the "Ultimate QB Suckitude Face Off". Rhomo received bonus points for again blowing a game with huge playoff implications with another putrid performance. When asked for to give a statement, McFlabb would only comment with: "This ain't over, I'll prove I'm the suckiest of the suck yet baby!". With several more rounds to come, Rhomo is widened his suckitude lead over McFlabb substantially by consistently proving that his nuts shrivel up under pressure way more than McFlabb's do. McFlabb will get a chance this weekend to possibly narrow the suckitude gap by facing a Minnesota Vikings team that the Eagles "should" be perfectly suited to beat. Since the Vikes weakness is pass defense and the Eagles coach, Andy "Is the buffet open yet?" Reid has apparently never heard of the word "run" anyway, they would seem to match up perfectly. With seemingly everything stacked in his teams favor, it will take a herculian suckitude effort on McFlabb's part to screw this up, but we believe he's up to the challenge."