Sign in to follow this  
robertd52

Megatrons stock

Way to early for this to be happening, but it is.

There is talk that Kitna might not make the whole season and I cant see Stanton or Orvlosky (sp?) being good for Calvin.

I think his stock is almost sure fire to just fall from here....

Anyone disagree?

I agree, but only to a point.

This team is going to be behind pretty much the entire season. I can throw the ball close enough to megatron to let him go get it.

Yes, the lions are the suck. But Johnson will still get some numbers. He goes from a low #1 to a low #2 IMO.

I agree, but only to a point.

This team is going to be behind pretty much the entire season. I can throw the ball close enough to megatron to let him go get it.

Yes, the lions are the suck. But Johnson will still get some numbers. He goes from a low #1 to a low #2 IMO.

Ill give you that, from a low #1 to a low #2....unfortunatly thats a pretty rough drop to happen before week 4!

Guest BernardPollardFan

Well if you drafted him as a 2, you're straight, but if you were dumb and passed on clear #1s thinking he was going to be your #1, then you deserve it.

Well if you drafted him as a 2, you're straight, but if you were dumb and passed on clear #1s thinking he was going to be your #1, then you deserve it.

Clear # 1's as in Braylon, Randy, Chad, Andre, Marques?

I'm just saying....

on a simplistic level, sure.

In reality, when Calvin looked like a monster after week 1/2 he would have sold for #1 type talent. Today, he wont. He could have been a good sell high guy after week 1/2.

He had one off week, and he is now a sell? They will be throwing all year. A throwing team is where I want my receivers.

He had one off week, and he is now a sell? They will be throwing all year. A throwing team is where I want my receivers.

Robertd52, please come join our league and after 3 weeks you can drop all the players you want on speculation of this and that. The Lions suck, they'll be down early and often and will HAVE TO PASS, early in games the numbers might not be so good but in garbage time rack 'em up!!! Just like JG says...

This goes to all the guys who also said it's time to sit Addai and MJD last week, how did they do???

PANICK CITY!!!!

Clear #1's - Too damn funny! So who was your clear #1 this year that's panning out for you? I'd love to hear it :(

calvin johnson will be a top 10 receiver this year....this year so many receivers are starting off slow or for some reason suck..... i say he puts up 85 catches ,1200yds and 8-10 tds maybe more.

Is the reasoning behind moving Calvin down that Kitna is being benched? Have you seen Kitna play this year? If not for Calvin, he would have a passer rating of about 25.

Robertd52, please come join our league and after 3 weeks you can drop all the players you want on speculation of this and that. The Lions suck, they'll be down early and often and will HAVE TO PASS, early in games the numbers might not be so good but in garbage time rack 'em up!!! Just like JG says...

This goes to all the guys who also said it's time to sit Addai and MJD last week, how did they do???

PANICK CITY!!!!

Im trying to find where I suggested people drop Calvin....only thing I can find is where you "panicked" over the context of this thread.

Im talking about CJs perceived value TODAY just as much (if not more) then what his actual value will be by years end. CJ is a beast, if he was on Denvers team he would be doing what Marshall is doing (in my opinion).

I have Smith as well, and I easily thought/think that CJ will out produce Smith by seasons end. Seeing the struggles and rifts coming out of Det is concerning though, as it should be. I do FULLY agree though that this team will HAVE to throw all year and luckily for us garbage time points count the same as the rest. However im finding out that my league CLEARLY is valuing Smith higher then CJ at this point. Now is that their mistake, or are they right on...that remains to be seen.

Ok, the conventional wisdom seems to be that replacing Kitna will be bad for CJ. Let me suggest that Drew Stanton could turn out to be good because of his mobility. Hear me out before you throw flames.

Tony Romo was an undrafted nobody when he took over in Dallas. Because of his mobility, he was able to improvise when plays broke down. Not useful, UNLESS you've got a stud like T.O. who has the size and speed to just sprint for the end zone in such a situation. Buying those extra few seconds is the difference between throwing the ball away and a touchdown.

That's why Moss and Culpepper were so potent together. Culpepper could buy time, while Moss could just race for the end zone and outrace and outjump the dbs for the ball.

Bear in mind, people would've thought it was a joke to suggest that T.O. would be better with the undrafted Romo replacing Drew Bledsoe midseason. By season's end, no one was laughing anymore.

A stud WR with lightning speed can make a star out of any QB who has enough mobility and accuracy to buy an extra 3 seconds.

Ok, the conventional wisdom seems to be that replacing Kitna will be bad for CJ. Let me suggest that Drew Stanton could turn out to be good because of his mobility. Hear me out before you throw flames.

Tony Romo was an undrafted nobody when he took over in Dallas. Because of his mobility, he was able to improvise when plays broke down. Not useful, UNLESS you've got a stud like T.O. who has the size and speed to just sprint for the end zone in such a situation. Buying those extra few seconds is the difference between throwing the ball away and a touchdown.

That's why Moss and Culpepper were so potent together. Culpepper could buy time, while Moss could just race for the end zone and outrace and outjump the dbs for the ball.

Bear in mind, people would've thought it was a joke to suggest that T.O. would be better with the undrafted Romo replacing Drew Bledsoe midseason. By season's end, no one was laughing anymore.

A stud WR with lightning speed can make a star out of any QB who has enough mobility and accuracy to buy an extra 3 seconds.

See no reason to flame that logic....matter a fact ive looked over Orvlosky (sp?) and Stanton, and im hoping if they do decide to "pack it in" that they go with Stanton and not the #2 for that very reason....lets see what the kid has got.

Good point, nice post.

Don't think calvins value drops at all.

stanton will be the next Lions QB, they gotta put him in to see what they got and with the sorry defense they will be throwing and playing catchup every game.

I think they will handle the QB job like the Redskins did. If Kitna keeps making stupid mistakes, or gets hurt, he'll get replaced during the game by Orvlosky.

But, if they have a week to prepare, then Stanton would come in. In Washington, if Brunell was out during the game, it would go to Todd Collins. But a week ahead of time, they were going with Campbell.

I read someone's post on here saying that Stanton isn't as accurate as Kitna. I hope to God that isn't possible

Jesus Christ why is everyone over-reacting?!? According to you guys saying he is now a low end #2 WR, what does that make TO...a decent flex option??? Johnson has 7 more catches, 80 more yards and one less TD - both had 2 very solid weeks to begin the year, and both sucked week 3...so what, you can't expect everyone to produce every single week. And looking at their bad weeks, Calvin had a better off-day than TO.

You do realize that Calvin is currently on pace for 91 catches, 1,563 yards, and 11 TDs???

I can't believe how much people overreact, IN WEEK 3! I could understand if he had two or three bad weeks to open the season, but the guy is currently sitting at #5 WR, and people are saying the best is still to come for this kid....low end #2??? that means you think 20 other receivers out there will put up better #'s than Megatron?? Get real

Calvin is Brandon Marshall minus Jay Cutler, I dont think many people would argue that.

The reason for this post is in regards to talk of Kitna getting benched and the general disarray of the lions org as a whole, and not to Calvin as a talent. That said, I WOULD DEF trade FOR Calvin if you can get him on the cheap. I was trying to upgrade my QB situation a bit and was using Calvin as the bait in the deal (I only start 1 WR in my formation and have Smith), and didnt like any of the offers I was getting for Calvin (the point of this post...to emphasis to people that it seems others are not loving the situation after week 3).

Needless to say I am HAPPILY keeping Calvin and Smith for now, and will spot start the hot hand and have a COMFY backup in case one or the other goes down.

Id jump all over him if you can get him cheap from someone....hell, talk up all this stanton talk...I bet he could be had for much lower then his talent warrants.

I just traded for Calvin. McNafro for Calvin straight up. How'd I do? :shocking:

I assume you got one of the other hot hand qbs to run your squad....that said, money deal.

However im finding out that my league CLEARLY is valuing Smith higher then CJ at this point.

People in my leagues are not that reactionary and dumb. (Well, not the CJ owners anway)

But seriously: market value corrections. Smiff looks like '06 Smiff. CJ looks like '08 TO(-lite, maybe...I've often drawn a direct comparison between 'em). They'll be within a few points of eachother, barring injuries.

That said, I 'spect some injuries and, contrary to some of the above opinions, don't think any of the Loins QBs would whiff Kitna's jock if/when the time comes (may they prove me wrong). Smiff might well end up the better WR this year (may CJ prove me wrong), but may I echo the "it's only week 4" sentiment?

Signed,

A CJ owner (in my 'B' league)

I assume you got one of the other hot hand qbs to run your squad....that said, money deal.

Yup, I got Cutler so McNabb was nothing more than depth at this point. We start 4 WRs so it was important that I upgraded my squad.

QB: Cutler

RB: Barber

RB: Jones-Drew

RB: Turner

WR: Marshall

WR: Jennings

WR: Calvin J.

WR: Bowe

K: Crosby

DST: Tenn

:dunno:

I generally agree with you. Kitna is certainly nothing special, so losing him shouldn't hurt that bad.

The part I will quibble with you on is your Romo comparison. Romo was on a team that had something resembling an offensive line. Romo also had a pretty good running game, and a great tight end.

Stanton and or the other kid have none of these things. They will be playing from behind all season, facing defenses that know they have to throw, and can pin their ears back and rush the passer, behind a crappy O-line, with no run support. Could be a recipie for disaster.

I'm not panicking on CJ. He was drafted as my #2 in some leagues, #3 in others, so I'm confident that I'll get what I paid for. But for a while there, it looked like I would get top 5 stud WR numbers. I still may, but only time will tell.

It sure is a focking shame that talent like CJ's has to go to waste in that joke of a franchise in Detroit. He is such a special player. In college, he shined on a sh!tty GT team, and now he shines on a sh!tty Lions team. I just wish we could see him on a good offense for once. I think he's quite possibly the most talented receiver out there, better skills than Moss or TO in their primes, or Marshall now. And he has better attitude and work ethic than all three of them put together.

I'm not to worried. C. Johnson is a special player. It doesn't matter who is throwing the ball to him, he'll get his catches and yards.

Yes, I'm a C. Johnson owner in all 3 of my leagues (1 is a dynasty league :bandana: )