Sign in to follow this  
cortezthekiller303

Are you playing your Chargers and Saints this weekend?

Given the fantasy starters on the Chargers and the Saints, I would bet a good deal of us own a Charger or Saint fantasy-wise. I cant help but think that they are all downgraded plays this weekend due to the physical effects of having to fly over to England and then do all of the NFL-sponsored events leading up to the game.

Anyone have an opinion as of Thursday?

If it's anything like last year lower your expectations. That friggin Giants vs Dolphins game was not only awful in terms of real football but from a fantasy perspective it was a disaster with only 2 players from the whole affair eclipsing 100yds, Brandon Jacobs and Cleo Lemon :thumbsup:

Given the fantasy starters on the Chargers and the Saints, I would bet a good deal of us own a Charger or Saint fantasy-wise. I cant help but think that they are all downgraded plays this weekend due to the physical effects of having to fly over to England and then do all of the NFL-sponsored events leading up to the game.

so are you saying that if you have an approximately equal (at this point of the season, santonio holmes & marques colston), go with the guy that doesn't have jet lag?

so are you saying that if you have an approximately equal (at this point of the season, santonio holmes & marques colston), go with the guy that doesn't have jet lag?

It's either play Brees or Edwards....so I'm playing Brees. My problem is I lost Bush. I have Pierre, but how will the Saints use him? By the way what happened to Colston last week?

I hope it's not that bad...I need Brees to go off on SD's pass D.

Other than the pregame distractions - it's only a 5 hour difference...is it that much different from a west coast team coming east to play?

Rivers is not a reccomended start quite a bit on fantasy sites. I keep putting him in my line-up. I just checked on our league's sportsline site, and he has the most fantasy points of any QB. I am going to start him even if he plays in Tazmania. The Saints have to make the same trip. I'm not going to worry about it.

If it's anything like last year lower your expectations. That friggin Giants vs Dolphins game was not only awful in terms of real football but from a fantasy perspective it was a disaster with only 2 players from the whole affair eclipsing 100yds, Brandon Jacobs and Cleo Lemon :thumbsup:

This was debated here last year, and in the end the game was indeed a dud. But, this year (little known fact outside SD & NO) the teams travelled at the beginning of the week rather than at the end of it to get acclimated. So that might help.

The weather and the field last year were not good. It was a slopfest. The London Times right now says "blustery showers" mixed with sunshine.

I'm not really expecting much, but I'm sure the NFL is hoping they don't lay another egg over there.

Somehow, I'm guessing Rivers will hit someone for a deep TD, because that's what the Saints do. Brees will get his, but he might spread it out. Deuce might likely get a TD.

By the way, another little known fact, Sean Payton used to play for a local pro team in Leicester.

Someone asked me if they should go with Brees or Jason Campbell this week and I said Campbell for many of the reasons listed in this thread. The big deal isn't the 5 hour flight, it's the fact that you're flying to a completely different country and continent where everything is different and this game in particular is magnified. Add in the usual UK showers and I wouldn't be shocked to see a slightly better game than last year's slopfest. I could be wrong and it could turn out to be a high scoring back and forth game played in great conditions but I think all the extras tossed into this game are cause for concern.

I'm not sitting Brees against the worst pass defense in the league, I expect one of Bree's better games against the Chargers, even with the travel and the hype, I think Brees will be plenty focused on this game. Just because of one bad game overseas is not a good enough reason for me to hang my hat on the fact that it's always gonna be that way. I play matchups not location, same game, same 100 yards, same football.

I hope it's not that bad...I need Brees to go off on SD's pass D.

Other than the pregame distractions - it's only a 5 hour difference...is it that much different from a west coast team coming east to play?

Considering that SD is a west coast team, yes I think flying from the west coast to England is different from flying from the west coast to the east coast. Besides, as SaintsInDome2006 pointed out, the teams travelled to London on Monday so they could get acclimated. I don't think jet lag will be a problem. Play your Saints and Chargers like you would any other week and consider them both Vistors with a possibility of rain and sloppy field. (Note to self: Dump Taylor Mehlhaff and get new kicker off waivers)

come on guys (or girls)......do you really expect professional football players to be that influenced by the time change? Expect the same as usual.

You forgot the physical effects of having to eat the food over there for a week.

Remember, Hell is the place where;

The Germans are the police

The French are the mechanics

The English are the cooks

The Americans are the lovers.

By Saturday they'll be sneaking off to France for a few of them 'Royales' with cheese(thank you, Pulp Fiction).

By Saturday they'll be sneaking off to France for a few of them 'Royales' with cheese(thank you, Pulp Fiction).

Amsterdam.

I dont care if this game was played as a waterpolo match in the middle of the ocean. No way you sit a top 2 or 3 QB against the worst pass defense in the league.

I know its determined by number of passing yards allowed, but how is SD's pass defense ranked worse than Denver's? I mean Matt Focking Cassell shredded them. Anyway, I'm starting Rivers and probably Colston, the biggest fantasy bust of 2008 next to Brady. I think this game is different in many respects to last year. Miami was winless and hapless, and both of these teams desperately need the win after both losing last week. I also read a conflicting report that said it's supposed to be sunny on Saturday and Sunday in London. With these two high powered offenses and suspect defenses and the need for wins by both, I think this game will be the shootout we'd expect if played in the US.

I know its determined by number of passing yards allowed, but how is SD's pass defense ranked worse than Denver's? I mean Matt Focking Cassell shredded them. Anyway, I'm starting Rivers and probably Colston, the biggest fantasy bust of 2008 next to Brady. I think this game is different in many respects to last year. Miami was winless and hapless, and both of these teams desperately need the win after both losing last week. I also read a conflicting report that said it's supposed to be sunny on Saturday and Sunday in London. With these two high powered offenses and suspect defenses and the need for wins by both, I think this game will be the shootout we'd expect if played in the US.

Not to get too far off topic but you can hardly call Brady and Colston biggest busts of the year

Considering that SD is a west coast team, yes I think flying from the west coast to England is different from flying from the west coast to the east coast. Besides, as SaintsInDome2006 pointed out, the teams travelled to London on Monday so they could get acclimated. I don't think jet lag will be a problem. Play your Saints and Chargers like you would any other week and consider them both Vistors with a possibility of rain and sloppy field. (Note to self: Dump Taylor Mehlhaff and get new kicker off waivers)

Considering both teams were on the east coast on Sunday - I doubt that SD went back west just to go to London on Monday. So there wouldn't exist an 8 hour time difference for SD. I would think both teams spent the night in New York or North Carolina and then flew out the next morning. As you said the week to get acclimated would have helped with lag issues.

Considering both teams were on the east coast on Sunday - I doubt that SD went back west just to go to London on Monday. So there wouldn't exist an 8 hour time difference for SD. I would think both teams spent the night in New York or North Carolina and then flew out the next morning. As you said the week to get acclimated would have helped with lag issues.

The Saints left after their game last week. On the broadcast they talked about how they went through customs at the stadium.

I dont care where they are playing, i just want colston to catch one freakin pass for chirst sake. I could start josh morgan over him but I really dont want Colston to go off on my bench after what i invested in him.

Starting Deuce, really no choice as my other option is Rhodes and I'm not sure if Addai is going to play or not on Monday night, not to mention the match-up is terrible against the Titans.

Man, Goodell is the suck. I don't know why teams would be willing to give up a home game for this bullshit. There'd be SO many more FF points scored if this game was played where it should be...the dome. :pointstosky:

BREES OWNER

FFToday ranks Vincent Jackson ahead of Fitz this week! :shocking: I may pull Cotchery (shoulder) and put Jackson in. :pointstosky:

ETA: Interesting Jackson is ranked ahead of Fitz under week 8 projections and behind him in the projections tier system. :dunno: