Sign in to follow this  
mighty_thor

Potential Republican candidates in 2012?

Palin has been mentioned but can anyone take her as a serious candidate

Romney: I think Romney was more highly though of after he was defeated by McCain. Seems to appeal to the Republican base. Not sure why he lost to McCain. Poor campaign?

A guy who came across very well in an interview I saw was Tim Pawlenty, the governor of Minnesota. Could be a good choice.

Palin has been mentioned but can anyone take her as a serious candidate

Romney: I think Romney was more highly though of after he was defeated by McCain. Seems to appeal to the Republican base. Not sure why he lost to McCain. Poor campaign?

A guy who came across very well in an interview I saw was Tim Pawlenty, the governor of Minnesota. Could be a good choice.

Fock Tim Pawlenty, he is a lying sack of shat which makes him a....well, politician. :headbanger: as a Minnesotan I would not vote for him.

His pledge to the state was no new taxes. :cheers: So what dose he do? He calls them fees, which are collected by the government, I call them taxes :ninja:

This country dose not need him on a National level much less on my State level.

Bobby Jindal

I think the days of old white guys running is over.

This dood seems sharp. :shocking:

He better not pick an asian running mate though...the Harold and Kumar jokes would be endless.

Fock Tim Pawlenty, he is a lying sack of shat which makes him a....well, politician. :shocking: as a Minnesotan I would not vote for him.

His pledge to the state was no new taxes. :( So what dose he do? He calls them fees, which are collected by the government, I call them taxes :pointstosky:

This country dose not need him on a National level much less on my State level.

I don't know much about him but he just came across as real smooth in the interview.

Gulianni (sp?) :pointstosky:

If answering every question from Tax Policy to Global Warming with 9/11!!! didn't work 6 years after the fact, I'm betting it won't work a decade later either.

I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Romney, unless he decides to run for chair of the RNC.

Palin will probably run and get crushed in the primaries a la Guiliani.

Bobby Jindal is the future of the Republican Party.

The 2012 campaign has started. Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal is making a trip to Iowa

Jindal, considered a rising star in Republican Party, was often thought to be on McCain's short list of Vice Presidential candidates. During the 2008 campaing he has been to several states to help local Republican politicians with their fundraising.

Jindal will keynote a fundraising dinner for the Iowa Family Policy Center's "Celebrating the Family" banquet.The event is a high profile Christian conservative event in Iowa. He will also visit Cedar Rapids to view areas of recent flooding.

Jindal, at age 36, is the youngest current governor in the United States, and he is the first non white governor in the

state of Louisiana since Reconstruction. He is the first Indian governor in the United States. Prior to becoming governor, he was a member of the United House of Representatives

first elected in 2004.

Jindal embraces most of the traditional conservative positions. He was a member of the conservative Republican Study Committee. In 2006, Jindal voted with the Republican Caucus 97 percent of the time during the 109th Congress

He has a 100% pro life voting record and opposes abortion without exception. He also opposes embryonic stem cell research. and voted against increasing federal funding to expand embryonic stem cell lines. Jindal also supports the teaching of intelligent design in public schools.

Jindal voted yes on making the PATRIOT Act permanent, voted in favor of the 2006 Military Commissions Act, supported a constitutional amendment banning flag burning, and voted against the Real ID Act of 2005. Jindal has an A rating from Gun Owners of America.

This guy was scheduled even before yesterday's elections. Apparently, the McCain camp knew the race was over before 3rd debate, but didn't tell him. GOP was already lining up 2012 before 2008 was over.

Yeah, the fundies were already positioning him for this even before the primary.

Yea..The only thing that got me kinda :mad: was Newts pompous attitude during the whole thing.

Feb. or so...

Hannity: So, Mr. Speaker of the House, will you run this year?

Newt: I will wait to see if my party needs me and make my choice at that time.

:mellow:

Still, though..I would bet that a lot of the Ron Paul supporters would climb on board with him. :(