Sign in to follow this  
NewbieJr

Boldin is the best WR in the NFL

He might not be the best but he is the toughest. A few weeks after cracking his face open he is catching balls across the middle. Amazing.

You missed Math and Logic:

15 + 8 = 23

15: the number of games after week 1 of '07

8: the number of games this year where he exceeded 70 and/or a score.

It was either last week or the week before where I saw a stat showing Fitz's last 16 games: it was like 1600 yards and 14 TDs. Pretty damn good!

For all the bad pub WRs get as being primadonnas and divas, both these guys play the game the right way. :nono:

And i think Boldin has like 98 receptions 1200 yards and 16 TDs :doublethumbsup:

He might not be the best but he is the toughest. A few weeks after cracking his face open he is catching balls across the middle. Amazing.

No kidding. The commentators last night mentioned that he had 8 permanent steel plates inserted in his face and used no anestethic. A bye week and a nother week and he is back on the field leading with his head and breaking tackles with wreckless abandon. I have always been a fan of Boldin, but to do this, deal with an injury and produce like he has when he is arguably way underpaid and needing a raise is phenominal. Other players would have milked the injury and protected their future waiting for the big contract. I dont know if he is the best, but he is surely a player that I want on my team, FF or real life.

T.O. still has enough physical gifts to have flashes that make him a top receiver, but overall, he's not even top ten anymore.

T.O. still has enough physical gifts to have flashes that make him a top receiver, but overall, he's not even top ten anymore.

ehhh, i dont think he is at the flashes point by far; all things being equal, i still find it hard to count 10 guys better overall [even a list including moss, wayne, fitz, boldin, smith, white, jennings, marshall, burress, ch johnson, c johnson, tjhoush and ward has holes].

T.O. is the best WR in the NFL.

Boldin has better hands, is a better runner after the catch, and a better blocker....and a better teammate.

Boldin>TO.

You lose again. :music_guitarred:

Not to get off the subject entirely, but did anyone notice on Monday nite that all their receivers and Kurt Warner were wearing the same gloves?

I don't bring it up for fashion reasons, but I bring it up because Cardinal receivers all catch the ball really, really well, and Warner's accuracy was pin point (as usual).

Any other team in the NFL do the same thing, and if so, do they catch the ball just as well (as a whole unit)?

I wonder how Calvin Johnson would rank if he had a real QB throwing him the ball.

I personally don't think he's the best, in fact I don't think he's the best WR on his team, but he certainly is the most targeted in the redzone. Hell, every time the Cards go inside of the 20 they should just zoom in Boldin and queue up "I only have eyes for you" in honor of Warner. Regardless, he's a beast.

He's easily top 3 in the league and I have drafted him three years in a row in my main league and am so happy we are finally doing keepers so he can be one of mine as a 5th rounder. I love watching the guy play and he's always been a huge producer.

Look at the FFToday Projections this week. Fitz ahead of Boldin yet again.

In my league Boldin has outscored Fitz 5 out of the 7 weeks they've played together. Fitz outscored Boldin in week 1 and 3, and that's it. Yet Boldin still does not get rated higher. Why doesn't he? God given athletic talent and #1 WR next to Fitz's name on the depth chart is my guess.

This situation reminds me of CJ and Housh a couple years back when Housh would outscore CJ almost every week but CJ would always get projected higher.

I forget the website. But Fitz was ranked higher...and this website told me that I could pick up Boldin a few rounds later. Which I did.

The advice was that Warner looks for Boldin much more in the Red Zone.

I'm seeing the wisdom of that advice now. :dunno:

I forget the website. But Fitz was ranked higher...and this website told me that I could pick up Boldin a few rounds later. Which I did.

The advice was that Warner looks for Boldin much more in the Red Zone.

I'm seeing the wisdom of that advice now. :blink:

I don't get the eyeroll.

Sounds like you read some advice. Took that advice. And now you're reaping the benefits.

Please explain the icon usage. TIA

That's not true in every case. As a skins fan I watched them use Springs to follow Boldin around no matter where he lined up.

My point exactly. And he had 3 receptions for 25 yards. It was his worst week of the season. Fitz > Boldin as a player. Fantasy is up for grabs tho.

My point exactly. And he had 3 receptions for 25 yards. It was his worst week of the season. Fitz > Boldin as a player. Fantasy is up for grabs tho.

How is that your point exactly?

You stated that Fitz always draws the other teams top CB and it was pointed out that you were wrong. The fact that Boldin had 3 for 25 means nothing. That was by far his lowest ouput of the year but all Wrs have games like that. Fitz had a 3 for 31 in the opener.

As far as FF, Ive seen a few people suggest that Fitz is the better player but Boldin might be better in FF. Until this year I think its been the opposite. Boldin may be the better overall player but Fitz has been more consistent FF wise.

I may be biased as a Boldin owner and someone who has loved his game since his FSU days but I think he is ARGUABLY the best WR in the NFL. Espn's Micheal Smith said that before the season. As others have said Boldin is a lot like Hines Ward with his blocking skills and overall physicality. But he is significantly more athletic and better after the catch than Ward.

Fitz and Boldin are both great Wrs and clearly have taken over as the best duo in the league. An argument can be made for both but if you look at the TOTAL picture I think Boldin is the better overall football player. And Im thankful that this year, Boldin has become a goaline WR and I just hope he continues to put up monster stats. He and Andre Johnson are 1-2 in my PPR league and I have both of them on my 10-0 team.

:rolleyes:

He and Andre Johnson are 1-2 in my PPR league and I have both of them on my 10-0 team.

:rolleyes:

I have them both too. Combined with Warner they're glossing over shortcoming in the RB2 dept.