Sign in to follow this  
mydogviolet

Let's talk kickers

I've rolled with Prater most of the year, but he has really been inconsistent for several weeks now and I don't trust him for the playoffs. I just dropped him and picked up Rackers for this week at home in nice weather vs Minny and then I also picked up Garret Hartley of the Saints for week 16 in the dome against Detroit. I was looking for high scoring offenses in controlled weather. I think I'll be ok.

> Let’s talk kicker’s

The plural of kicker is kickers, not kicker’s.

Thanks Professor. Now back to football :thumbsup:

> Let’s talk kicker’s

hmm, ill have to keep that in mind for the draft next year's....

Vinitari is prob a good kicker this week that could prob be had on FA being as he has sucked some serious cack this year.

Go with Dan Carpenter-Miami at home vs SF. He has had 3 good weeks and SF gives up as many points to kickers as anyone.

Go with Dan Carpenter-Miami at home vs SF. He has had 3 good weeks and SF gives up as many points to kickers as anyone.

:thumbsup:

yes, forgot to list him, another nice up and comer thats not in a shitty weather situation.

> Let’s talk kicker’s

my aplogize's :pointstosky:

what about Gostkowski @ Oakland? Gould vs. Saints?

Thanks Professor. Now back to football :first:

Actually, I am a professor! I meant no offense. One of the consequences of the popularity of the Internet is that grammar has gone to hell (its vs. it's, their vs. there, etc.), so I'm occasionally compelled to gently correct common mistakes. For informational purposes only; not to belittle.

But you're right that football is the subject here, so I'll add that I'm banking on Matt Crosby having a good day in Jacksonville. No snow.

I think a kicker that's flying under the radar right now is Kris Brown. Over the past 5 weeks he has attempted 16 FGs and 9XPs.

Rolling with the guy I've had for a while now... no reason to change. Changing kickers at this point would be classified as "overthinking", unless you have a kicker in a game with 25+ mph winds or something.

Gostkowski.

I look for three things with kickers this time of year in this order. Weather, matchup, and team offense. Therefore I like the following:

1. Rackers

2. Gostkowski

3. Longwell

4. Bironas

5. Kasay

6. Crosby

7. Vinatieri

8. Bryant

9. Carney

10. K.Brown

ETA: Kickers mean very little to me before the draft, or even the first half of the season. However these games are win or go home. Each point is valuable (I won by one point last week). I'm gonna dissect each and every damn thing even kickers. Not sure about you guys but there is some major cheese on the line. :wall:

I look for three things with kickers this time of year in this order. Weather, matchup, and team offense. Therefore I like the following:

1. Rackers

2. Gostkowski

3. Longwell

4. Bironas

5. Kasay

6. Crosby

7. Vinatieri

8. Bryant

9. Carney

10. K.Brown

ETA: Kickers mean very little to me before the draft, or even the first half of the season. However these games are win or go home. Each point is valuable (I won by one point last week). I'm gonna dissect each and every damn thing even kickers. Not sure about you guys but there is some major cheese on the line. :wall:

I'm hoping that Vinatieri pulls through for me here. I have Bironas as well - but snagged Vinatieri on a hunch. My opponent has Manning playing - with Vinatieri I am minimizing the damage any TDs do to me by making them only worth a 5 point difference rather than a 6 point difference. If Indy stalls at all in the redzone (doubtful) or gets so far ahead they start kicking field goals instead of going for the endzone (more plausible) I make out . Though this could just backfire on me...and AV could just put up 5 PATs like he did last week. You know it's the playoffs when you are analyzing kickers like this...

How do you guys feel about having a kicker and some other players on that team as well. I own Fitz and Warner but just picked up Rackers, the good options I had was Carpenter or Vineteri.....

Thought on too many eggs in one basket or just think high offense and lot of points so stick with rackers?

How do you guys feel about having a kicker and some other players on that team as well. I own Fitz and Warner but just picked up Rackers, the good options I had was Carpenter or Vineteri.....

Thought on too many eggs in one basket or just think high offense and lot of points so stick with rackers?

Meh. Stuff like that doesn't bother me. I try to play the person in each position that I think will score the most points. Period.

I've had reservations about doing that. I'm just skiddish about some massive storm affecting play or something like that.

However, this week I'm rolling with Westy (duh), Akers and Philly DEF.

Actually, I am a professor! I meant no offense. One of the consequences of the popularity of the Internet is that grammar has gone to hell (its vs. it's, their vs. there, etc.), so I'm occasionally compelled to gently correct common mistakes. For informational purposes only; not to belittle.

But you're right that football is the subject here, so I'll add that I'm banking on Matt Crosby having a good day in Jacksonville. No snow.

It's Mason

Mr. Professor.

I tend to look at the Vegas over/unders each week to try to predict the highest scoring game and highest scoring team. I also want a kicker that will be playing in good weather. Therefore the kicker I like best this week that may be available in leagues is John Kasay. The highest total on the board in Vegas this week is the Denver/Carolina game set at 48 and Carolina is around an 7.5 point favorite. Which means Vegas expects them to score at least 27-28 points this week. The only higher expectation is Indianapolis at around 31 points, but in most leagues Vinatieri isn't available. Kasay may be. Other good options based off this observation and decent weather conditions are Bironas, K.Brown, Kaeding, Carpenter, Rackers, Folk, Crosby. But again, kickers can be a crapshoot. A team may only score 9 or 12 points but that could be a very good outing for your kicker. A possible example of that this week may be the possible field goal battle between Pitt/Balty. But in general I think the higher scoring teams/games are the most likely to produce average to above average kicker points. Which is all I'm really looking for come playoff time. Just don't want to take a 1 or 2 point effort from my kicker at this point.

It's Mason

Mr. Professor.

Yep, tripped up by the abundance of similar player names (Derrick Mason, Mason Crosby, Matt Bryant, Bryant Johnson, Antonio Bryant…). Fair enough!

no love for elam in the dome vs tb? before last week, tb only had given up 1 rushing td..meaning teams will struggle in the red zone. ELAM IN THE DOME FTW