Sign in to follow this  
hines86rules

Why Big Ben is better than Romo

Pittsburgh - 3:36

1st-10, PIT8 3:36 B. Roethlisberger passed to H. Ward to the right for 13 yard gain

1st-10, PIT21 3:26 B. Roethlisberger passed to H. Ward down the middle for 13 yard gain

1st-10, PIT34 3:00 B. Roethlisberger incomplete pass to the right

2nd-10, PIT34 2:54 B. Roethlisberger incomplete pass to the right

3rd-10, PIT34 2:54 B. Roethlisberger passed to N. Washington to the left for 16 yard gain

1st-10, 50 2:14 B. Roethlisberger passed to N. Washington to the right for 9 yard gain

2nd-1, BAL41 1:59 M. Moore rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain

1st-10, BAL38 1:24 B. Roethlisberger passed to N. Washington to the left for 24 yard gain

1st-10, BAL14 1:12 B. Roethlisberger passed to H. Ward to the left for 10 yard gain

1st-4, BAL4 1:04 B. Roethlisberger incomplete pass down the middle

2nd-4, BAL4 0:52 B. Roethlisberger incomplete pass to the right

3rd-4, BAL4 0:43 B. Roethlisberger passed to S. Holmes down the middle for 4 yard touchdown

:pointstosky:

Pittsburgh - 3:36

1st-10, PIT8 3:36 B. Roethlisberger passed to H. Ward to the right for 13 yard gain

1st-10, PIT21 3:26 B. Roethlisberger passed to H. Ward down the middle for 13 yard gain

1st-10, PIT34 3:00 B. Roethlisberger incomplete pass to the right

2nd-10, PIT34 2:54 B. Roethlisberger incomplete pass to the right

3rd-10, PIT34 2:54 B. Roethlisberger passed to N. Washington to the left for 16 yard gain

1st-10, 50 2:14 B. Roethlisberger passed to N. Washington to the right for 9 yard gain

2nd-1, BAL41 1:59 M. Moore rushed up the middle for 3 yard gain

1st-10, BAL38 1:24 B. Roethlisberger passed to N. Washington to the left for 24 yard gain

1st-10, BAL14 1:12 B. Roethlisberger passed to H. Ward to the left for 10 yard gain

1st-4, BAL4 1:04 B. Roethlisberger incomplete pass down the middle

2nd-4, BAL4 0:52 B. Roethlisberger incomplete pass to the right

3rd-4, BAL4 0:43 B. Roethlisberger passed to S. Holmes down the middle for 4 yard touchdown

:music_guitarred:

I was someone would convince Big Ben that every quarter is the 4th. :overhead:

time will tell if he is better then romo....he does have a ring and i give him his props but really what if he didnt have the defense there to help bail him out every game?

The Steelers were an average team before Big Ben, and now they are a contender with Big Ben. That is all that needs to be said about him. Romo has yet to prove that he can win anything in December. It is not about style points, it is about wins.

time will tell if he is better then romo....he does have a ring and i give him his props but really what if he didnt have the defense there to help bail him out every game?

1 pick in his last 5 games

246 yards against the 2nd best D in the league

92 yd clutch drive to win the game

Defense didn't bail him out in any of that. Yeah, he doesn't have the stats of some guys, but all he does is win. 50-19 career record.

How much time do you need to wait? I think maybe if Romo could win a playoff game let alone a Superbowl we could talk. Romo has a good defense and a lot better Oline and a lot better TE/WR/RB corp.

The defense bail him out? I didn't see the defense on the field for the 92 yard drive.

How much time do you need to wait? I think maybe if Romo could win a playoff game let alone a Superbowl we could talk. Romo has a good defense and a lot better Oline and a lot better TE/WR/RB corp.

The defense bail him out? I didn't see the defense on the field for the 92 yard drive.

22.6 QB rating in the Super Bowl :thumbsdown: :music_guitarred: :overhead:

22.6 QB rating in the Super Bowl :thumbsdown: :lol: :lol:

You realize someone is going to say something about romo crying on the 3 yard line after he botched a field goal snap now right?

What id like to help you realize is that the person who says it (and maybe even posts a picture for effect...hint hint), isnt "hating" on the cowboys, they are hating on your child like logic.

22.6 rating in a winning super bowl.

Thats like saying 2 dime pieces sucked my ###### last night cause we were all drunk....as an insult.

FYI, I think Ben BLOWS (at fantasy, I drafted him this year ;)).

He did enough to win....Romo, he does enough to lose. You can guarantee it.

What is Romo's QB rating in the Super Bowl??? Or NFC Championship game???

What is Romo's QB rating in the Super Bowl??? Or NFC Championship game???

'Cannot compute. Insufficient data. Illogical to ask questions that have no data' ***loud popping heard as machine shorts out**

Look at Romo wincing and limping off. :pointstosky: Trying to have a 'Kellen Winslow moment'

Sorry jerkoff, you just edged out a victory AT HOME against an injury-depleted team. It wasn't that great.

HTH

Look at Romo wincing and limping off. :pointstosky: Trying to have a 'Kellen Winslow moment'

Sorry jerkoff, you just edged out a victory AT HOME against an injury-depleted team. It wasn't that great.

HTH

The eagles beat the same injury depleted team last week.

Question for the original poster. Why do you feel the need to make this comparison? Creating a thread on this proves some kind of insecurities. There's no other good reason for this.

Look at Romo wincing and limping off. :thumbsup: Trying to have a 'Kellen Winslow moment'

HTH

i thought the giants were the best team in the NFL? injury depleted? the Cowboys have been dealing with injuries all year.

i'm not saying the Cowboys are all the sudden the best team in the NFL. they have A LONG way to go. but come on. you're statement above is just hater propaganda. the Cowboys did what they needed to do tonite, bottomline.

Question for the original poster. Why do you feel the need to make this comparison? Creating a thread on this proves some kind of insecurities. There's no other good reason for this.

thats what i was wondering. we all know the score. Romo's gotta get it done.

hamburger got his ring, but i bet he doesnt even come close to another. no way the steelers get it done with that offense. they're like the '05 bears.

i thought the giants were the best team in the NFL? injury depleted? the Cowboys have been dealing with injuries all year.

Yes, damaged pinkies and pinkie toes.......terrible injuries.

Rumor has it that Crayton is questionable with chapped lips.

Choice has severly spit ends, and could miss 2-4 weeks.

Softest team in the NFL. :thumbsup:

Softest team in the NFL. :thumbsup:

yea, they looked soft tonite. the Cowboys have put key guys on IR like Kosier, F.Jones. Witten played with broken ribs. yea, they're soft alright.

yea, they looked soft tonite. the Cowboys have put key guys on IR like Kosier, F.Jones. Witten played with broken ribs. yea, they're soft alright.

Agreed, terrible terrible post.

Softest team in the NFL. :pointstosky:

You are an Eagles fan and you are calling Dallas soft? How many times has McNabb been hurt the past 5-6 years? How many games has Westbrook missed due to inuries? Your entire team is soft and what about your TE L.J smith? This guy misses games because he has a yeast infection. You might want to get a QB who doesn't miss 5-7 games several times over the past few seasons do to some poosay injury. Oh yea, he also got tired in the Super Bowl and vomited during a game. Talk about being soft.

One O lineman and a 5-10 touch, back up, change-of-pace RB are major losses?

The Giants just played without their unstoppable 1st string RB and their #1 WR.

Do you really think the outcome would have been the same if jacobs was their to pound on the D all night?

Do you really think the outcome would have been the same if jacobs was their to pound on the D all night?

First of all, the Iggles beat the Giants without Plax last week. This point is moot. Secondly, we did not have MBIII and he is just as important as jacobs. The only difference is we did not whine we and nutted up and won with our third string RB. See you in two weeks Eagles trash. :pointstosky:

Ben has already been to 2 AFC Championship games, won a Super Bowl, two straight division titles....Romo has yet to win a playoff game. I don't even think they should be considered in the same conversation.

i'm not saying the Cowboys are all the sudden the best team in the NFL. they have A LONG way to go. but come on. you're statement above is just hater propaganda. the Cowboys did what they needed to do tonite, bottomline.

thats what i was wondering. we all know the score. Romo's gotta get it done.

hamburger got his ring, but i bet he doesnt even come close to another. no way the steelers get it done with that offense. they're like the '05 bears.

They have a much better chance than the Cowboys do. And they are more like to 00 Ravens than the Bears. Their D is that good.

Ben has already been to 2 AFC Championship games, won a Super Bowl, two straight division titles....Romo has yet to win a playoff game. I don't even think they should be considered in the same conversation.

Amen to that! :doublethumbsup:

Actually I felt I needed to break up the 100 threads about Witten and TO's lovers spat.

P Manning > Farve > Brady > E Manning > Warner > Brees > Romo > Cutler > Big Ben

Ok...so why is this thread here?

big ben not bailed out by defense?????? yes he did get them down there at the end of the game when it was on the line but that defense picking off a rookie qb a couple times and keeping baltimore from scoring tds making them settle for field goals...... if he had just an average defense he would be lost ..... i will agree he gets it done when it counts but really he puts the defense in a position that they can not mess up........can anybody sit here and say that the defense didnt win the game last week against the cowboys? big ben is a good bus driver but not a great qb.....does anybody think Dilfer was a great qb? he did the same thing with baltimore a few years ago with a great defense.

P Manning > Farve > Brady > E Manning > Warner > Brees > Romo > Cutler > Big Ben

Ok...so why is this thread here?

I'll give you Manning, and Brady. But the others HA. I'm talking real football, not fantasy.

The object of the game is to be a winning QB.

Romo 27-10 career

Warner 56-43

Eli 41-28

Cutler 17-18

Brees 54-50

Big Ben 50-19

You're right, there should be no thread, it's rather obvious.

big ben not bailed out by defense?????? yes he did get them down there at the end of the game when it was on the line but that defense picking off a rookie qb a couple times and keeping baltimore from scoring tds making them settle for field goals...... if he had just an average defense he would be lost ..... i will agree he gets it done when it counts but really he puts the defense in a position that they can not mess up........can anybody sit here and say that the defense didnt win the game last week against the cowboys? big ben is a good bus driver but not a great qb.....does anybody think Dilfer was a great qb? he did the same thing with baltimore a few years ago with a great defense.

You're right. I had forgotten about Dilfer's 4th quarter rallies, including his 92-yard march against one of the league's best defenses . . .

You're right. I had forgotten about Dilfer's 4th quarter rallies, including his 92-yard march against one of the league's best defenses . . .

And Dilfer's looooong track record of winning, not just 1 year, actually half of 1 year. :thumbsup:

There were only three QB's I'd even consider building my team around before Ben...Brady, P. Manning and Brees. Based on what I've seen from Carson Palmer post knee injury, I'll hold off on Brady for now, and I would still probably take Ben over Manning and Brees based on age. You are talking about the winningest QB in NFL history in his first 3 years. I don't give a ratsass if he puts up good stats, is a good fantasy QB, takes too many sacks or did a header off his bike into a windshield, all the kid does is win games.

depends.

do you really think that the outcome of the first game would have been the same if romo was there to pick apart the giants D all night?

the cowboys played that game without their pro bowl QB, pro bowl TE, pro bowl CB, pro bowl SS, 2nd string SS, and their nickel corner/punt returner, yet the NY crowd was crowing afterwards about how great the giants were.

in the 5 games that romo has started against the giants, he is 4-1 with 1294YD, 11TD and 5INT.

in his last 5 games against the cowboys, jacobs has run up 321YD and 2TD. plax managed 250YD and 4TD in his last 5 games against dallas, but over half his yards and 3 of those TDs came in one game. when newman is playing, plax simply does not exist (outputs of 34, 24, 5, and 43 yards, and only 1TD).

so which team had the bigger handicap during the series?

the point is this--we can "what if" the injury situation to death, but it really doesn't matter. this victory certainly doesn't mean that the cowboys are the best team in the NFL, it just means that they have given themselves a fighting chance--one they earned with a gutsy performance against the team that most people were saying was the best in the league. people say "the cowboys suck if they can't fight through injuries", but then a lot of those same guys turn around and give the giants a pass because of jacobs/burress (who we already have seen are usually ineffective against the same cowboys team).

you can't have it both ways. either injuries are excuses (wrong), or the scoreboard settles things (right).

on-topic, there have been a lot of good points made. romo and ben have nearly identical regular-season win % (far, far better than any other QB mentioned), but ben has to get the nod right now because of his postseason performance. on the flip side, i find it funny to see references to manning and brees over romo, since both of them needed more attempts to get to and win their first playoff game than romo has had. the monkey will be on romo's back until he wins, but let's at least give him as many attempts as payton had before relegating him to the junk pile. look at eli--after 37 starts, eli was 20-17 and had performed horribly in his only playoff appearance.

but history is history. let's see where we go from here.