Sign in to follow this  
redtodd

Another Post Season

No, it is.

And saying that Peyton Manning is a choke artist, when he has the most 4th quarter comebacks by any QB over the past 10 years (including Brady), is retarded. It's just Patriot fans needing to be heard b/c they're not in it.

Really, nothing to see here.

I hope Manning has more comebacks over the last 10 years considering he's started about 50 more games than Brady over that time period.

Here's a stat for ya: No QB has lost more playoff games in the last 10 years than Manning!!!

:)

Wow, I'm not a huge Mannning fan, but this is just crazy:

Most seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards (1999–2004, 2006–2008): 9[169]

Most consecutive seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards: 6 (1999–2004)[4]

Most consecutive seasons with at least 25 touchdown passes: 11 (1998–2008; current)[169]

Most games with a perfect passer rating, career: 4 (includes 1 playoff game)[98]

Most consecutive games started to open a career by a quarterback (current): 176[170]

Highest passer rating, season: 121.1 (2004)[171]

Most consecutive games with at least 2 touchdown passes: 13 (games 1–13, 2004)[172]

Most consecutive games with at least 4 touchdown passes: 5 (games 7–11, 2004)[171]

Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes (season, 2004): 6 (tied with 1984 Marino)[171]

Most games with at least 5 touchdown passes, career: 7 (includes 1 playoff game)[citation needed]

Highest career TDs/game average for any QB with at least 150 TDs: 1.90 TDs/game[51]

Highest career passing yards/game average: 260.2[173]

Highest career completions/game average (min. 100 games played): 21.7[174]

Most consecutive games with a passer rating over 100: 9 (games 5–13 of 2004 season; record tied by Carson Palmer, 2004–05 and Tom Brady, 2006–07)[175]

Most seasons with 12+ wins as a starter (regular season only): 7 (1999, 2003–2008)

Only QB with at least 12 wins as a starter in 6 consecutive seasons (2003–2008)[176]

First QB to defeat the other 31 teams in the regular season (Tom Brady did this later the same day, and Brett Favre did it the following

Wow, he sucks. Any true football fan saying that manning sucks or chokes is either fishing or really dosent understand football. If Manning had a defense in those other years he might have more then 1 ring. Looks to me like he has carried this team over the years.

It's just Patriot-fan jealousy and bitterness.

Manning played through his knee injury and Brady didn't.

/thread

Manning played through his knee injury and Brady didn't.

/thread

Yeah really.... Brady is a POOSAY! :)

You are talking about jealousy and bitterness? :lol:

Mr. Kettle, please meet Mr. Pot. :wacko:

You are talking about jealousy and bitterness? :lol:

Mr. Kettle, please meet Mr. Pot. :lol:

Jealous of what? The Eagles playoff win yesterday? :wacko:

Wow, I'm not a huge Mannning fan, but this is just crazy:

Most seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards (1999–2004, 2006–2008): 9[169]

Most consecutive seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards: 6 (1999–2004)[4]

Most consecutive seasons with at least 25 touchdown passes: 11 (1998–2008; current)[169]

Most games with a perfect passer rating, career: 4 (includes 1 playoff game)[98]

Most consecutive games started to open a career by a quarterback (current): 176[170]

Highest passer rating, season: 121.1 (2004)[171]

Most consecutive games with at least 2 touchdown passes: 13 (games 1–13, 2004)[172]

Most consecutive games with at least 4 touchdown passes: 5 (games 7–11, 2004)[171]

Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes (season, 2004): 6 (tied with 1984 Marino)[171]

Most games with at least 5 touchdown passes, career: 7 (includes 1 playoff game)[citation needed]

Highest career TDs/game average for any QB with at least 150 TDs: 1.90 TDs/game[51]

Highest career passing yards/game average: 260.2[173]

Highest career completions/game average (min. 100 games played): 21.7[174]

Most consecutive games with a passer rating over 100: 9 (games 5–13 of 2004 season; record tied by Carson Palmer, 2004–05 and Tom Brady, 2006–07)[175]

Most seasons with 12+ wins as a starter (regular season only): 7 (1999, 2003–2008)

Only QB with at least 12 wins as a starter in 6 consecutive seasons (2003–2008)[176]

First QB to defeat the other 31 teams in the regular season (Tom Brady did this later the same day, and Brett Favre did it the following

Wow, he sucks. Any true football fan saying that manning sucks or chokes is either fishing or really dosent understand football. If Manning had a defense in those other years he might have more then 1 ring. Looks to me like he has carried this team over the years.

I don't think anyone is saying that Manning is not a great REGULAR season Qb. The original post was comparing him to A-Rod in that he wilts under pressure. Pressure being the playoffs. I think this about sums it up:

In Ketchman’s latest (and always-compelling) Q&A, a fairly innocuous remark from Mark in Boise pushed Ketchman’s “overrated” button.

Said Mark: “Manning did his job. Defense not only wins championships, it loses them.”

Said Ketchman in response: “Manning did his job? What is it with you Peyton Manning apologists? He was nearly intercepted four times and three of those should’ve been intercepted and returned for touchdowns.

“The only play he made in the second half was catching the Chargers off guard and lobbing a touchdown pass to an uncovered receiver. In his last four possessions, with the game on the line and the Colts only needing one more score to clinch the win, Manning managed a total of 20 plays for 38 net yards. Hey, that’s crunch time, baby.

“A day after he wins the league MVP, he gags with the game on the line and does his usual one-and-done routine. When are you people gonna get off your knees? The guy is 7-8 in career postseason games and six times he’s lost in the first playoff game of that year’s postseason; three times in the last four years. Manning did not do his job. His job is to win. His job is to get it done at crunch time.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

The fact is the Colts defense has usually played better in the playoffs than the regular season and the offense has played worse.

I don't think anyone is saying that Manning is not a great REGULAR season Qb. The original post was comparing him to A-Rod in that he wilts under pressure. Pressure being the playoffs. I think this about sums it up:

In Ketchman’s latest (and always-compelling) Q&A, a fairly innocuous remark from Mark in Boise pushed Ketchman’s “overrated” button.

Said Mark: “Manning did his job. Defense not only wins championships, it loses them.”

Said Ketchman in response: “Manning did his job? What is it with you Peyton Manning apologists? He was nearly intercepted four times and three of those should’ve been intercepted and returned for touchdowns.

“The only play he made in the second half was catching the Chargers off guard and lobbing a touchdown pass to an uncovered receiver. In his last four possessions, with the game on the line and the Colts only needing one more score to clinch the win, Manning managed a total of 20 plays for 38 net yards. Hey, that’s crunch time, baby.

“A day after he wins the league MVP, he gags with the game on the line and does his usual one-and-done routine. When are you people gonna get off your knees? The guy is 7-8 in career postseason games and six times he’s lost in the first playoff game of that year’s postseason; three times in the last four years. Manning did not do his job. His job is to win. His job is to get it done at crunch time.”

The fact is the Colts defense has usually played better in the playoffs than the regular season and the offense has played worse.

So this game was Mannings fault???? He completed almost 60% of his passes, had 1 TD, 0INT, and 310 YDS. How in the world is that loss a choke on Manning. Indys defense is not that good, if it wasnt for Manning they would never make the playoofs. There defense gets exposed by better teams in the playoffs....usually very good running teams...I.E. Chargers.

My favorite time of the year is when the fans of non-playoff teams rally together to hate on the players, fans, and coaches of the playoff teams. :thumbsup:

So this game was Mannings fault???? He completed almost 60% of his passes, had 1 TD, 0INT, and 310 YDS. How in the world is that loss a choke on Manning. Indys defense is not that good, if it wasnt for Manning they would never make the playoofs. There defense gets exposed by better teams in the playoffs....usually very good running teams...I.E. Chargers.

Look at the stats.

Manning couldn't manage to tackle Sproles one time.

I got a feeling 80% of the people on this board don't play sports. Granted, I am sure I am wrong, but teams win and teams lose, not people, unless it is a one person sport. Yes, there are leaders, there are coaches, there are fans, but the fact is, in football, there are many other players that messed up or did things wrong or were just out played by someone.

Yes, the Colts seem to choke in the playoffs, not Manning.

It's funny how there is not one mention of Addai here. If that guy wasn't such a poosy, the offense would be a bit more balanced and effective.

Comparing Manning to A-Rod is dumb. A-Rod has done absolutely nothing in the postseason. Zilch. He actually sucks in the playoffs. Whereas Manning has had some bad games, but he's also had some good games and has won a championship. The comparison is dumb.

And to say the Colts choke in the playoffs when they have lost to an all-time great team (Patriots) and an eventual champ (Steelers) is a bit misleading. And it's obvious they cannot beat the Chargers. How is that choking?

It's funny how there is not one mention of Addai here. If that guy wasn't such a poosy, the offense would be a bit more balanced and effective.

Comparing Manning to A-Rod is dumb. A-Rod has done absolutely nothing in the postseason. Zilch. He actually sucks in the playoffs. Whereas Manning has had some bad games, but he's also had some good games and has won a championship. The comparison is dumb.

And to say the Colts choke in the playoffs when they have lost to an all-time great team (Patriots) and an eventual champ (Steelers) is a bit misleading. And it's obvious they cannot beat the Chargers. How is that choking?

Very True. :doublethumbsup: .

I could care less about the Colt's, but Pat fans are by far the biggest tools on the internet.. I just believe there is not even a close second..

Colts lose a close game in SD in OT and somehow it's Manning's fault.. Who never even got on the field in OT..

Maybe if Cassell got the ball in the Jets OT game the Pats would have been in the playoffs.....

:doublethumbsup:

OMG I can't believe my eyes. :doublethumbsup:

A Pats fan crying about a Colts playoff loss when they didn't even make the playoffs.

priceless :unsure:

The Colts were only as good as Manning was this season. They really missed the 1400+ yards a guy like Edge would put up every season. When you can't run or stop the run particularly well you won't go very far in the post season. They need to get rid of Marvin bad. It's like playing a man down when he's out there.

Think about this though. As far as salaries go they have a top 5 paid TE, 2 top 5 paid WRs, a top 5 QB, and a top 5 defensive end. If most of their cap room wasn't taken up by a handful of players then maybe we could see more balance. They should be labeled as one of the all time underachieving units in history.

The defense magically turned around and carried them during the playoffs when they won the superbowl. Didn't Manning have something like 3 TDs/7 INTs during the playoffs that year?

Plus how does he win the Superbowl MVP when the Colts ran for over 200 yards?

No, sorry Manning doesn't get a free pass on this one. His offense managed only 10 points and one busted play to a wide open receiver. It doesn't matter how many yards he threw for, he didn't make anything happen when it counted, which has been the issue with him in the playoffs his entire career. With that offensive talent, 3 1st round WRs, 1st round TE, 1st round RB, 1st round LT, he has plenty of good players around him.

If you think Manning looked good then you haven't watched Manning during the regular season.

But where there's smoke there's fire. Isn't that what all you as$clowns were saying last year. The only difference is the Chargers don't have a disgruntled former Colts employee working for them.

What smoke?

The DC speculating that Manning had their signals?

Are you freakin kidding?

Did Bmoney write that?

He was nearly intercepted? Oh no...and those "should have" been returned.

No, sorry Manning doesn't get a free pass on this one. His offense managed only 10 points and one busted play to a wide open receiver. It doesn't matter how many yards he threw for, he didn't make anything happen when it counted, which has been the issue with him in the playoffs his entire career. With that offensive talent, 3 1st round WRs, 1st round TE, 1st round RB, 1st round LT, he has plenty of good players around him.

If you think Manning looked good then you haven't watched Manning during the regular season.

on the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Fairly dumb thead premise. I know it's just Redtodd's bandwaggoning the Pats, but still, not much to bandwagon about when your team didn't even make the playoffs - and their division winner gets knocked out in the wild card.

It's like the Broncos back in the day. The Colts broke a record of most 10+ win seasons in a row of any franchise in the NFL. They've had 9 out of their last 10 seasons with 10+ wins and gone to the playoffs every single time. Now, add in that they did so in what was arguably one of the toughest divisions in the league. Now, compare that to the Pats going up against such powerhouses of the decade like the Jets, Bills, and Fins.

I remember the boneheads saying the same things as Redtodd when the Broncos were on their tear. Really? In the end, that's all they have left. "Oh, Elway can't win the big one, he sucks." Really? 30 other teams didn't get this far. The ovewhelming majority of teams get knocked out in the playoffs, much less the SB. For me, I'd rather have a team that can consistently put up winning records than do like a huge chunk of teams that go to the SB one time, then turn around and go 5-11 the next.

Just like the Broncos and Elway, a Great QB can take an average team so far in the post season, but it takes a great TEAM to win all the way.

Both the Pats and The Colts have been on a good run over the past 10 years or so. Ain't no reason to knock either of them. To have the kind of issues the Colts have had this year and still make it to the playoffs, to go on what? A nine game winning streak? Damn.

Unfortunately, even some of the fans in Indy call this year a "failure". That happened in Denver too. Really? A nine-game winning streak. An NFL record for most consecutive 10+ win seasons. Making it to the playoffs, but yeah, it's a "failure". Indy fans are where Denver fans were a few years ago. The die hards are still around, but when things were good they (like NE) both picked up a lot of fair weather fans. Talk to most of the other NFL cities and see if they'll trade what they've had for that.

Besides the one fluke season where Peyton's defense carried the Colts, we can see another typical Colts/Peyton FAIL in the post season.

Peyton is the A-Rod of the NFL. :music_guitarred:

And the Pats lose one player and can't even win one of the historically worst divisions in football. LOL. Can't even get a wildcard. :overhead:

No I'm not saying those guys are better than Marino, Fouts, etc. My point was for all the praise Manning gets, his career so far has to be considered somewhat of a disappointment b/c he only has one ring. Not as big of a disappointment as Marino's but just brushing off another playoff lose like the original poster did is ignoring reality.

That's just plain stupid right there. Here's your sign.

And the Pats lose one player and can't even win one of the historically worst divisions in football. LOL. Can't even get a wildcard. :music_guitarred:

Yeah, well not everyone can play in a tough division like the Broncos. :overhead:

Yeah, well not everyone can play in a tough division like the Broncos. :music_guitarred:

Nope...but the AFC East got to play the AFC West and the NFC West.

No wonder the Jets, Pats, and Dolphins had decent records...8 games against that.

Well, not for the Jets, I think they went 3-5 against the West division with losses to San Fran, Seattle, Oakland, Denver, and SD.

No wonder the Jets, Pats, and Dolphins had decent records...8 games against that.

Well, not for the Jets, I think they went 3-5 against the West division with losses to San Fran, Seattle, Oakland, Denver, and SD.

The AFC East went 3-1 against the Broncos. Those crappy Patriots who couldn't sneak in even in their sh!tty division THROTTLED the Broncos.

The AFC East went 3-1 against the Broncos. Those crappy Patriots who couldn't sneak in even in their sh!tty division THROTTLED the Broncos.

Yes, the Broncos and the AFC West sucks.

Whats your point?

You're right that he shouldn't get a free pass, but I've NEVER seen a team have to start inside their 10-yard line more than the Colts did on Saturday. The Chargers' punter was one of the stars of the game for never allowing the Colts offense to begin in anything but adverse circumstances.

Look deeper. Always look deeper.

What do you want him to do? He got the ball to his WR's 60% of the game, you want him to run after the catch for them. I guess the Colts should have played Payton on Defense as well, then maybe he could make some plays. I never once in my post said that Manning gets a free pass, but this is crazy to pin this loss on him. The Defense was to blame for this loss. Actually the game should have never been close, the Chargers made it closer then it was.

Maybe the lack of a running game didnt help either. If Addia or the O-line could have done somthing, maybe all the pressure wouldnt be on Manning. I'm almost positive that the defense not able to stop the run had something to do with the Colts loss.

Payton Manning accounted for 310 total yards out of 366. What more do you want him to do? I dont understand how anyone can say that he blew this game. Past playoffs maybe some, but not this one. The Chargers Def. and ST. were very good, Sproles played lights out.... this whole conversation is crazy to me.

eta: I have watched just about every Colt game this year, since I live in Indiana, its on as our local game.

Yep. All those with massive man love for Cassel tend to forget that the PATIOTS HAD THE EASIEST SCHEDULE IN THE NFL!! - just thought i'd remind folks to come back down to focking earth before you annoint him the next Johnny U. More like Derek Anderson.

And Parrot - you're kinda mixing apples and oranges. Compare the records of the the AFC West Teams during the Bronco heydays to the record of the AFC Least* teams during the Pats run. As I recall, it was an AFC team that should rightfully have beaten a certain Pats team when they were starting their run.

I'll give you a head start - AFC East (minus pats) combined team records since 2000: 202-278.

Yes, the Broncos and the AFC West sucks.

Whats your point?

My point was it's kind of funny for a Broncos' fan to be criticising a team for failing to win their crappy division. HTH.

My point was it's kind of funny for a Broncos' fan to be criticising a team for failing to win their crappy division. HTH.

Context much? Did I compare THIS year's broncos? I think not.

I said good DAY sir!

To be fair, NE had the best record of any non-playoff team EVER.

...Thus matching their "best record of any superbowl loser EVER." designation.

And Parrot - you're kinda mixing apples and oranges. Compare the records of the the AFC West Teams during the Bronco heydays to the record of the AFC Least* teams during the Pats run. As I recall, it was an AFC team that should rightfully have beaten a certain Pats team when they were starting their run.

I'll give you a head start - AFC East (minus pats) combined team records since 2000: 202-278.

I'm not mixing apples and oranges or talking about either team's run, I was just pitching a little crap about this year.

Also, I don't really think the Pats have a lot of control over who they play or how competitive the rest of their division is. Yeah, maybe they have been handed a few patsy schedules over the years, but they've also been a highly successful and feared playoff team. That's all I really give a fock about.

...Thus matching their "best record of any superbowl loser EVER." designation.

Still, they weren't a team that went 5-11 like some other SB losers. I can recognize the effort despite hating BB/Pats fans with a passion.

Context much? Did I compare THIS year's broncos? I think not.

I said good DAY sir!

That's true, you never said anything about the Broncos this year. Can't blame you there. :music_guitarred:

What do you want him to do? He got the ball to his WR's 60% of the game, you want him to run after the catch for them. I guess the Colts should have played Payton on Defense as well, then maybe he could make some plays. I never once in my post said that Manning gets a free pass, but this is crazy to pin this loss on him. The Defense was to blame for this loss. Actually the game should have never been close, the Chargers made it closer then it was.

Maybe the lack of a running game didnt help either. If Addia or the O-line could have done somthing, maybe all the pressure wouldnt be on Manning. I'm almost positive that the defense not able to stop the run had something to do with the Colts loss.

Payton Manning accounted for 310 total yards out of 366. What more do you want him to do? I dont understand how anyone can say that he blew this game. Past playoffs maybe some, but not this one. The Chargers Def. and ST. were very good, Sproles played lights out.... this whole conversation is crazy to me.

eta: I have watched just about every Colt game this year, since I live in Indiana, its on as our local game.

I thought the Colts defense absolutely played well. Due to the offensive performance in the 4th quarter they just got caught on the field way too long and were tired in overtime. They sacked Rivers several times and intercepted him once and caused a Darren Sproles fumble. If not for the defense the Chargers would've won handily. They held Philip Rivers (the best QB statistically in the league) very much in check. The bottom line is Peyton did NOTHING in the 4th quarter and left his defense out to dry keeping them on the field forever. When you put this in perspective this was one of the better Colts defensive performances of the season.

Manning's stats look fine and dandy. But watching the game, he couldn't make the throws in the 4th quarter which is what ended up causing them the game. It may have already been said but in the last 4 possessions the Colts offense had 20 plays for 38 yards. That's not clutch, and that is a direct reflection of Manning's poor play. Was he alone responsible for the loss? Of course not. But he certainly did not have a good game, which I'm sure even he would tell you.

Funny how everyone assumes the Colts lost the game.

I actually thought the Chargers played pretty well, and they'll give PIT a tough game this week.

IF SD beats PIT, y'all can put to rest Indy choked this game away. It could have been the better team won.