Sign in to follow this  
SUXBNME

Rodney King beatdown

35 members have voted

1. 1. Did Rodney King deserve the beatdown that he got?

• Fock yes he did..Too bad they didn't kill him
    • Yea, he deserved it but not to that extent
    • No, that was dirty cops taking advantage of a situation

Its just another example of how cops can do basically anything they want, anywhere. Weather its shooting an unarmed kid in the back like discussed in another thread or its beating up a motorist.

King was no innocent motorist.

He was a hardened repeat criminal.

wtf? have you all lost your fcking minds?

look, rodney king was not treated properly. his rights were abused. period.

this country was made by a collective, not just white people.

it's focked up what happened to reginald denny, very sad.

once again, latasha harlins did not steal anything and she didn't deserve a bullet in her head even if she was stealing.

Are you serious?

you need a new education if you think whites are the only reason this country exists as it does today.

wtf? have you all lost your fcking minds?

look, rodney king was not treated properly. his rights were abused. period.

this country was made by a collective, not just white people.

it's focked up what happened to reginald denny, very sad.

once again, latasha harlins did not steal anything and she didn't deserve a bullet in her head even if she was stealing.

How come Denny's civil rights weren't violated? It was a hate crime. Weren't his civil rights violated?

Fast forward 20 years, Rodney King is a reality TV star and Denny is a freakin' lawnmower man. Does that seem right to you?

Have you lost your fcking mind?

King was no innocent motorist.

He was a hardened repeat criminal.

Again, so if you have a record its cool for them to beat you senseless in a WWF cage match Captain Insano Powebomb kind of way? And what defines a criminal that is worthy of this beat down? Is a jaywalking ticket in 1987 enough?

If you drag is asss out of the car and he resists hit him with the club once or twice to SUBDUE him. But keep in mind you are trying to do just that. Not to take your fat pig rage out ANY motorist. Repeat criminal or not.

oh suck my period clots motherfocker.

The above statement is one of the most sig worthy things here EVAH :dunno:

Thank you peenie, for almost making me wet my pants with laughter :overhead:

Its just another example of how cops can do basically anything they want, anywhere. Weather its shooting an unarmed kid in the back like discussed in another thread or its beating up a motorist.

They got "caught" doing it to a black person. You think they restricted this sh!t just to black people? I doubt it. I bet they abused their powers each and every day against both white and black there was just someone taping this time.

:dunno: Preach on McVeigh!

Everything and everyone about the incident was wrong. Yes the cops used excessive force and should be penalized. However, King was also a criminal and shouldnt have been thought of as an innocent victim. He certainly shouldnt be considered a celebrity. How does he gain celebrity status, by being a lowlife?

So was he just drunk or was he completely sober??? Wasn't he going 100 mph or something??

On the night of March 2, 1991, Rodney King and two passengers, Byrant Allen and Freddie Helms, were driving west on the Foothill Freeway. The three men had spent the night watching a basketball game and drinking malt liquor at a friend’s house in Los Angeles.[1] The presumptive evidence, from a blood-alcohol level test taken 5 hours after the incident, when King registered just under the legal limit, is that as King drove his blood alcohol level was approximately 0.19—nearly two and a half times the legal limit in California.[2] At 12:30 AM, Officers Tim and Melanie Singer, a husband-and-wife team of the California Highway Patrol, spotted King’s car speeding. The Singers pursued King, and they claimed the subsequent freeway chase reached speeds in excess of 100 mph.[3] According to King’s own statements, he refused to pull the car over because a DUI would violate his parole for a previous robbery conviction.[4]

King exited the freeway, and the chase continued through residential streets at speeds ranging from 55 to 80 mph [5] [6] By this point, several police cars and a helicopter had joined in the pursuit. After approximately eight miles, officers cornered King’s car. The first five LAPD officers to arrive at the scene were: Stacey Koon, Laurence Powell, Timothy Wind, Theodore Briseno, and Rolando Solano.

Highway Patrolman Tim Singer ordered King and his two passengers to exit the vehicle and lie face down on the ground. The two passengers complied and were taken into custody without incident.[1] King initially remained in the car. When he finally did emerge, he acted bizarrely: giggling; patting the ground; and waving to the police helicopter overhead.[6] King then grabbed his buttocks. Highway Patrol Officer Melanie Singer momentarily thought he was reaching for a gun.[7] She drew her gun and pointed it at King, ordering him to lie on the ground. King complied. Singer approached King with her gun drawn, preparing to make the arrest.

At this point, LAPD Sergeant Stacey Koon intervened and ordered Singer to holster her weapon. LAPD officers are taught not to approach a suspect with a drawn gun.[8] Sergeant Koon felt Singer's actions endangered King, herself, and other officers [1]. Koon then ordered the four other LAPD officers at the scene—Briseno, Powell, Solano, and Wind—to subdue and handcuff King. As the officers attempted to do so, King physically resisted. King rose up, tossing Officers Powell and Briseno off his back. King then allegedly struck Officer Briseno in the chest.[9] Seeing this, Koon ordered all of the officers to fall back. The officers later testified that they believed King was under the influence of the dissociative drug phencyclidine (PCP),[10] although King's toxicology results tested negative for PCP.[11]

Sergeant Koon then shot King with a Taser. King groaned; momentarily fell to the ground; then stood back up. Koon fired the Taser again, knocking King to the ground.[12] King then stood up and charged in the direction of Officer Laurence Powell.[13] [1] Officer Powell then struck King with his baton, knocking him to the ground again. Powell, with three other officers, then repeatedly struck King with their batons, stomped on him and kicked him while he was on the ground for almost a minute and a half. Unseen by the those involved, the lengthy beating was caught on video by a private citizen, George Holliday, from his apartment near the intersection of Foothill Blvd and Osborne St. in Lake View Terrace (the recording starts just as King charges at Powell).

King was taken to Pacifica Hospital immediately after his arrest. He suffered a fractured facial bone, a broken leg, and numerous bruises and lacerations

Rest of Wiki entry

No way man. The punishment is what the court gives you. Cops just dont get to dole out their own brand of backwoods 1800s style justice because someone runs from them.

Not even if you endanger several people's lives including innocent bystanders :ninja:

His beating was a little over the top but tell me how you'd feel had he or anyone involved in a high speed chase kills innocent victims.... those guys deserve a good beat down. :o

Not only should they have killed Rodney King, the cops should have interrupted his funeral and beat him again. Then dug him up the next day and given him another beating.

Of course the video did not show King going 80 MPH through subdivisions high on PCP, anyone who endangers our friends, familes and ourselves deserves whatever happens to him. It would have been better if King hit a tree and killed himself, it would have saved alot of grief.

here is what i do see that is in agreement with you. there were other people in the car, they obeyed the police's instructions. they didn't get a beat down. clearly if rodney king had simply gotten out of the car peacefully none of that would've happened.

the issue is that people have different temperments and i believe, they used crazy azz force when they all simply could've piled on him and handcuffed his big black azz.

from wikipedia

Incident and Arrest

On the night of March 2, 1991, Rodney King and two passengers, Byrant Allen and Freddie Helms, were driving west on the Foothill Freeway. The three men had spent the night watching a basketball game and drinking malt liquor at a friend’s house in Los Angeles.[1] The presumptive evidence, from a blood-alcohol level test taken 5 hours after the incident, when King registered just under the legal limit, is that as King drove his blood alcohol level was approximately 0.19—nearly two and a half times the legal limit in California.[2] At 12:30 AM, Officers Tim and Melanie Singer, a husband-and-wife team of the California Highway Patrol, spotted King’s car speeding. The Singers pursued King, and they claimed the subsequent freeway chase reached speeds in excess of 100 mph.[3] According to King’s own statements, he refused to pull the car over because a DUI would violate his parole for a previous robbery conviction.[4]

King exited the freeway, and the chase continued through residential streets at speeds ranging from 55 to 80 mph [5] [6] By this point, several police cars and a helicopter had joined in the pursuit. After approximately eight miles, officers cornered King’s car. The first five LAPD officers to arrive at the scene were: Stacey Koon, Laurence Powell, Timothy Wind, Theodore Briseno, and Rolando Solano.

Highway Patrolman Tim Singer ordered King and his two passengers to exit the vehicle and lie face down on the ground. The two passengers complied and were taken into custody without incident.[1] King initially remained in the car. When he finally did emerge, he acted bizarrely: giggling; patting the ground; and waving to the police helicopter overhead.[6] King then grabbed his buttocks. Highway Patrol Officer Melanie Singer momentarily thought he was reaching for a gun.[7] She drew her gun and pointed it at King, ordering him to lie on the ground. King complied. Singer approached King with her gun drawn, preparing to make the arrest.

At this point, LAPD Sergeant Stacey Koon intervened and ordered Singer to holster her weapon. LAPD officers are taught not to approach a suspect with a drawn gun.[8] Sergeant Koon felt Singer's actions endangered King, herself, and other officers [1]. Koon then ordered the four other LAPD officers at the scene—Briseno, Powell, Solano, and Wind—to subdue and handcuff King. As the officers attempted to do so, King physically resisted. King rose up, tossing Officers Powell and Briseno off his back. King then allegedly struck Officer Briseno in the chest.[9] Seeing this, Koon ordered all of the officers to fall back. The officers later testified that they believed King was under the influence of the dissociative drug phencyclidine (PCP),[10] although King's toxicology results tested negative for PCP.[11]

Sergeant Koon then shot King with a Taser. King groaned; momentarily fell to the ground; then stood back up. Koon fired the Taser again, knocking King to the ground.[12] King then stood up and charged in the direction of Officer Laurence Powell.[13] [1] Officer Powell then struck King with his baton, knocking him to the ground again. Powell, with three other officers, then repeatedly struck King with their batons, stomped on him and kicked him while he was on the ground for almost a minute and a half. Unseen by the those involved, the lengthy beating was caught on video by a private citizen, George Holliday, from his apartment near the intersection of Foothill Blvd and Osborne St. in Lake View Terrace (the recording starts just as King charges at Powell).

King was taken to Pacifica Hospital immediately after his arrest. He suffered a fractured facial bone, a broken leg, and numerous bruises and lacerations.[14]

Did he deserve a beatdown, hell yes....a 90 second one? :thumbsup: but its obvious it wasnt a run of the mill arrest, or resisting of arrest for that matter.

The above statement is one of the most sig worthy things here EVAH :doublethumbsup:

Thank you peenie, for almost making me wet my pants with laughter :overhead:

thank you sux!

my point is that as police officers it is your job to let the justice system be the judge and serve out the punishment.

especially since speeding is not the most serious offense.

Tell that to Leonard Little. He might feel better.

you need a new education if you think whites are the only reason this country exists as it does today.

Yeah savage beast, show some sensitivity. I mean without the contributions of black people, we wouldn't have peanut butter. And um....

Ok, to be fair, I actually started this post with the intent to imply they didn't invent anything. But a cursory google search reveals that the following were invented by black people.

Typewriter

Air conditioner

elevator

cellular phone

door knob

dustpan

fire extinguisher

fountain pen

gas mask

golf tee

guitar

refrigerator

stove

traffic light

here is the link... Black inventions

So I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. Unless you like walking up many flights of stairs to get to your hot a hell office, and eat spoiled food, thank a black inventor.

thank you sux!

my point is that as police officers it is your job to let the justice system be the judge and serve out the punishment.

Peenie,

You have to be fishing. He didn't just speed. He led officers on a dangerous high speed chase and then resisted arrest. Please, take off the racist blinders.

Ok, to be fair, I actually started this post with the intent to imply they didn't invent anything. But a cursory google search reveals that the following were invented by black people.

Typewriter

Air conditioner

elevator

cellular phone

door knob

dustpan

fire extinguisher

fountain pen

gas mask

golf tee

guitar

refrigerator

stove

traffic light

So I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. Unless you like walking up many flights of stairs to get to your hot a hell office, and eat spoiled food, thank a black inventor.

You forgot to mention menthol cigarettes.

a cursory google search reveals that the following were invented by black people.

Typewriter

Air conditioner

elevator

cellular phone

door knob

dustpan

fire extinguisher

fountain pen

gas mask

golf tee

guitar

refrigerator

stove

traffic light

:blink:

Guess what, a black man made all this sh!+ up.

But I will concede that black folk invented cheap hair weaves and lip plates.

Not even if you endanger several people's lives including innocent bystanders :pointstosky:

His beating was a little over the top but tell me how you'd feel had he or anyone involved in a high speed chase kills innocent victims.... those guys deserve a good beat down. :unsure:

NO. Look, once you start to allow this kind of sh!t it escalates. "If I can bash this guys head in and get away with it what else can I do." Its the police officers job to apprehend someone and bring them in. Then the court system decides what they get for committing the crime.Its NOT the cops job to deal with people in some vigilante style.

I think it depends on your situation. Many of you are law abiding citizens who never get in trouble, save for a drunk in public during your college years or something, so you guys are so far removed from police brutality that you can't fathom the cops went overboard. I think kilroy's stance is 100% correct. Its not about race (maybe the cops made it about race) but the fact that the cops became the judge, jury, and executioner. Our country is not set up that way. Rodney King is an idiot, no doubt. But he was not on PCP.

I could get over excessive force. But what they did was stand around beat him. There was no attempt to arrest him, they were just beating him senselessly.

She is right guys. Slaves had tons of uses.

Its not about race (maybe the cops made it about race)

Im not really sure they made it about race. How many times do you think they did this without someone filming? To both black and white? I have a hard time believing this was the first time this has happened with the same cops or department.

Im not really sure they made it about race. How many times do you think they did this without someone filming? To both black and white? I have a hard time believing this was the first time this has happened with the same cops or department.

That sounds right.

:bandana:

Guess what, a black man made all this sh!+ up.

But I will concede that black folk invented cheap hair weaves and lip plates.

:wacko: :wave:

Peenie,

You have to be fishing. He didn't just speed. He led officers on a dangerous high speed chase and then resisted arrest. Please, take off the racist blinders.

my point is that it doesn't matter what crime he committed he shouldn't have been treated that way.

wtf is wrong with you? timothy mcveigh blew up a whole damn building and killed scores of innocent people.

the police were responsible when the arrested him.

you say and the police say he resisted arrest and i say so the fock what?

that happens all day every day especially with people that have been drinking.

beating them into submission is not police procedure.

Unless its LAPD then that is actually on page 23 of the manual.

my point is that it doesn't matter what crime he committed he shouldn't have been treated that way.

wtf is wrong with you? timothy mcveigh blew up a whole damn building and killed scores of innocent people.

I wouldn't have been bothered if he had died. Sorry.

So, what you're saying, is that because he was drunk and put up such a valiant fight, the police should have let him go? :wave:

What's the other option? Subdue him. and keep subduing him until he cooperates or until he's unconcious - in which case he'll prolly cooperate.

So, what you're saying, is that because he was drunk and put up such a valiant fight, the police should have let him go? :thumbsup:

What's the other option? Subdue him. and keep subduing him until he cooperates or until he's unconcious - in which case he'll prolly cooperate.

where did i ever say they should just let him go? i've never suggested that.

there were plenty of police, he was not carrying a weapon and they could have charged him and handcuffed him.

what are you retarded? you've never seen two or three policemen lay on top of a guy and force his hands behind his back?

you don't keep hitting him. that doesn't get the handcuffs on. :thumbsup:

So, what you're saying, is that because he was drunk and put up such a valiant fight, the police should have let him go? :thumbsup:

You can't argue with her logic.

:thumbsup:

Unless its LAPD then that is actually on page 23 of the manual.

If it was a white person beaten, it would have been on page 168.

So, what you're saying, is that because he was drunk and put up such a valiant fight, the police should have let him go? :dunno:

Valiant fight? I saw a group of 5-6 cops circle around him and then a few of them using their billy clubs to hit him a few times, back off, hit him a few times, back off, hit him a few times. He was on the ground and not putting up a fight.

this criminal is actually assualting the police officer but the officer never took out his billy club or gun to subdue the assailant: video clip

here is a video of a car driving through a residential area and the proper way police apprehend a criminal and this person was supposedly armed:

now watch the rodney king clip again and tell me that those police officers were trying to arrest rodney king:

clip