Sign in to follow this  
Carl Eller's Dead Liver

Hakeem Nicks

Okay...so one game in. Nicks - carted off. Harvin - 3 catches a TD and making a huge impact on offense and special teams.

Thoughts?

Harvin was better in college and will be better in NFL.

:headbanger:

Today showed the NYG have no #2 WR. It is just as likely Nicks fills this void as Hixon, Moss, or anyone else.

Both these players are 2 weeks into their pro career and you have already made a decision as to who will be better over their career?

Please explain this to me. Thanks.

Both these players are 2 weeks into their pro career and you have already made a decision as to who will be better over their career?

Please explain this to me. Thanks.

Wow, calm down man. Sounds like you are pretty upset about the Giants poor decision with their first round pick this year. It is frustrating when your first round pick can't even stay healthy, but geez you need to calm your nerves just a bit.

Where are all the Hakeem "Walking Injured" Nicks apologists? You were coming out to the woodwork earlier, but no where to be found now.....with the exception of a Giants fan. LOL

By the way with how Manningham and Smith are playing, Nicks won't see the field.

Where are all the Hakeem Nicks apologists? What are your thoughts now that Steve Smith and Mario Manningham have emerged as go to guys in the NYG offense....and may I remind you that both are young! While Harvin is off catching TD passes, Nicks is sitting on the sidelines nursing his mangina.

Where are you all?!

While Nicks can't even stay healthy, Harvin has 5 catches today and a TD. Harvin is also making an impact returning kicks and running the Wildcat.

How is Nicks better than Harvin? Please explain this to me. Thanks.

Give the boy a chance to play! Someone fell on his foot, this could have happened to anyone. Nicks will be a solid rookie by the end of the year.

Smith and Mannigham stepping up ... Sinorice Moss also there ... Hixon has been a late round gem so far ... Boss has good hands and both Jacobs and Bradshaw can catch.

Nicks is an injured rookie WR. He's lucky to have a spot on the team right now.

DAVID TYREE was not good enough to remain on the team.

Miracle catch to save the Superbowl .... nah ... don't need ya anymore. We lost Plax but ...Toomer ... yer done too. Team record for receptions ... buh bye! You and Marvin Harrison maybe find another team. Too old.

I was not happy about that. Toomer was a dedicated WR for the Giants. Solid guy for a lotta years. He deserved more respect. Anyway ...

Harsh but ... gotta give these young guys a chance ... right? Steve Smith2 .... has done his time. You'd hafta think Sinorice Moss feels like he could start on another team. 3rd string right now at best.

There's never really been a bad ass ... T.O. type WR for the Giants and there prolly never will be.

Super Techmo .... Simms bootleg and you see that corner drop off Mark Ingram .... that was a TD every time! Best WR the Giants ever had IMO.

Nicks is an injured rookie WR. He's lucky to have a spot on the team right now.

You forget that he is the most talented rookie on the team.

That's the last guy I can remember for the Giants ... that was fast ... could catch ... ran his routes ... all the intangibles you look for in a star New York Giants WR.

Mark Ingram

Obviously .... they don't want Owens ... or even Edwards or Boldin. They want WRs that do what they are told to do. It doesn't make for a lot of long TD passes .... but it wins games.

Nicks ... does not fit into the scheme right now. He's gonna hafta learn to live with that.

You forget that he is the most talented rookie on the team.

Ramses Barden might disagree with you.

Yo ... despite Nicks showing up in pre-season .... it's real season now .... and he aint showed up yet.

If you think there are 4 chumps he's gonna pass up real fast and become the #1 this year ... wrong team for that. Time to wave him in non-dynasty leagues.

Sorry ... I wish he was a total breakout stud ... but he's gonna hafta wait.

I just dropped Nicks and picked up Justin Forsett for some much needed RB depth (only have MJD, C. Johnson and Felix and two of those have the same bye week), but I may look to quietly pick Nicks back up in a week or two. Nicks will see the field in 3 WR sets even with Smith and Mario stepping up so far this season. If he gets hurt again, I would drop him and not look back, though.

Even I agree that you can't give up on Nicks and I am mostly posting to get a rise out of those people who were telling me Nicks was the next Boldin in the making, while I was more of a Harvin fan.

Having said that, Nicks is landing in a hard place. Smith and Manningham are emerging and it is very unlikely that Coughlin plays Nicks as any more than a #3 WR in the next few years....which will seriously hamper his value even in dynasty leagues. Harvin on the other hand is already getting 7 touches per game and that is only to increase. Everyone was raving about Nicks' hands....well it is tough to use those hands on the sideline. Looks like I was right so far in this little arguement.

Even I agree that you can't give up on Nicks and I am mostly posting to get a rise out of those people who were telling me Nicks was the next Boldin in the making, while I was more of a Harvin fan.

Having said that, Nicks is landing in a hard place. Smith and Manningham are emerging and it is very unlikely that Coughlin plays Nicks as any more than a #3 WR in the next few years....which will seriously hamper his value even in dynasty leagues. Harvin on the other hand is already getting 7 touches per game and that is only to increase. Everyone was raving about Nicks' hands....well it is tough to use those hands on the sideline. Looks like I was right so far in this little arguement.

You deserve a cookie. :shocking:

It's still wayyyy too early to make this assessment.

No, he's right...I am a fat butt. :unsure:

13:17 NYG - Eli Manning passed to Hakeem Nicks to the left for 54 yard TOUCHDOWN

thats funny, I thought harvin was the big play threat?

Where are all the Hakeem Nicks apologists? What are your thoughts now that Steve Smith and Mario Manningham have emerged as go to guys in the NYG offense....and may I remind you that both are young! While Harvin is off catching TD passes, Nicks is sitting on the sidelines nursing his mangina.

Where are you all?!

nicks - 114 yards, TD

harvin - 12 yards, inj/icing his cl!toris

Where are you all?!

You are the definition of an idiot.

10/30

Hakeem Nicks lined up with the first-team offense during the Giants' walkthrough portion of practice Friday.

We could be reading too much into this because usual starter Mario Manningham (shoulder) missed the walkthrough, but it may indicate a lineup change. Nicks has outplayed Mario over the past several weeks. Nicks' matchup is improving quickly, and he'll be a WR2 option Sunday if he starts.

Source: Newsday

don't expect nicks to give the starting job back

315 yards, 4 TD's and he's really only played in 4 games so far

convinced yet moron ?

don't expect nicks to give the starting job back

315 yards, 4 TD's and he's really only played in 4 games so far

convinced yet moron ?

hahah love it!

Love it even more as a Giants fan.

Looks like we might have a BEAST in the making...

it is entertaining when these threads come back to bite someone in the ass.

thats why its nice to have an opinion and all but not to be an arrogant fuck about it.

Between drops (including an easy TD) and bad routes, Manningham looked pretty lousy last week and, not coincidentally, the Giants' passing game struggled.

I'm not sure what else Nicks has to do to get the starting nod. He has outproduced Manningham for a solid month despite playing far fewer snaps. Hopefully the debacle of the last 2 weeks for the Giants will be enough to finally convince them to get their best playmaker on the field.

ESPN reporting that Manningham is OUT. Big opportunity for Nicks to nail down this job permanently.

Update: Per ESPN, Hixon starting, not Nicks. Good grief. I hope Manning struggles and the Giants get clobbered again.

Where are you all?!

TD Hakeem Nicks, 68 Yd pass from Eli Manning (Lawrence Tynes kick is good), 13:07. Drive: 5 plays, 83 yards in 3:12.

that'd odd. i don't see any stats for harvin or maclin this week.

LOL, as I was reading this thread, I knew that the conclsuion would be.

As someone said, its cool to have an opinion but to be obnoxious about it.

Percy Harvin just won Offensive Rookie of the year. Nicks had a very good rookie year (better than I had anticipated). Maclin had a decent year for a rookie.

Percy Harvin (MY BOY): 60 receptions for 790 yards & 6 TD's, 15 rushes for 135 yards, and 2 KR TD's. AMAZING ROOKIE YEAR - considering he had to compete with Rice, Berrian, and Schiancoe for balls. The best part about Percy was that he was consistant. In my PPR leauge he did not really have the highs and lows....you could count on 15 points from him nearly every week. That is the same company as Greg Jennings, Colston, Ocho Cinco, Boldin, etc. Top end #2 Fantasy WR stats.

Hakeem Nicks (YOUR BOY): 47 receptions for 790 yards & 6 TD's

- almost identical #'s, but Percy caught more balls which is better in a PPR and also Percy recieves handoffs/PR's, which add to his value.

Overall Nicks vs. Harvin was pretty much a wash....so we are both right......Harvin and Nicks are great dynasty prospects and if you drafted them you have a bright future to look forward to!

Also may I add for a little jab. In their only head to head meeting: Percy had 7 receptions for 59 yards and 1 carry for 22 yards. Hakeem had 1 catch for -5 yards. OUCH!!! LOL!

Percy Harvin just won Offensive Rookie of the year. Nicks had a very good rookie year (better than I had anticipated). Maclin had a decent year for a rookie.

Percy Harvin (MY BOY): 60 receptions for 790 yards & 6 TD's, 15 rushes for 135 yards, and 2 KR TD's. AMAZING ROOKIE YEAR - considering he had to compete with Rice, Berrian, and Schiancoe for balls. The best part about Percy was that he was consistant. In my PPR leauge he did not really have the highs and lows....you could count on 15 points from him nearly every week. That is the same company as Greg Jennings, Colston, Ocho Cinco, Boldin, etc. Top end #2 Fantasy WR stats.

Hakeem Nicks (YOUR BOY): 47 receptions for 790 yards & 6 TD's

- almost identical #'s, but Percy caught more balls which is better in a PPR and also Percy recieves handoffs/PR's, which add to his value.

Overall Nicks vs. Harvin was pretty much a wash....so we are both right......Harvin and Nicks are great dynasty prospects and if you drafted them you have a bright future to look forward to!

Also may I add for a little jab. In their only head to head meeting: Percy had 7 receptions for 59 yards and 1 carry for 22 yards. Hakeem had 1 catch for -5 yards. OUCH!!! LOL!

Nicks played 1 less game and was targeted 17 less times with a lesser QB.

Nicks is the better WR. Harvin's value does go up with his return ability, but as seen with Hester it is hard to keep that up and do both. Nicks in my opinion is and will be the better WR long term. That is what this thread was about. Not about 1 year....so no one was right.

Nicks played 1 less game and was targeted 17 less times with a lesser QB.

Nicks is the better WR. Harvin's value does go up with his return ability, but as seen with Hester it is hard to keep that up and do both. Nicks in my opinion is and will be the better WR long term. That is what this thread was about. Not about 1 year....so no one was right.

Good WR's get more targets man. So using your logic you are saying Devon Bess is better than Larry Fitzgerald but Fitz out produces because of a better QB and more targets. Dumb logic here. Harvin was targeted more because he is faster than Nicks and runs better routes than Nicks. The reason Harvin had 17 more targets was because he is better! Better WR's get open and get the attention of their QB.

Good WR's get more targets man. So using your logic you are saying Devon Bess is better than Larry Fitzgerald but Fitz out produces because of a better QB and more targets. Dumb logic here. Harvin was targeted more because he is faster than Nicks and runs better routes than Nicks. The reason Harvin had 17 more targets was because he is better! Better WR's get open and get the attention of their QB.

It is their rookie seasons. Nicks had Manningham and Smith ahead of him, and both were targeted a lot. Your logic applies when WRs have been in the league and a team knows what they have.

Nicks left many games early with injury.

Nicks is the better WR, he has made better catches and better plays. Harvin has returning on his side, but doubt he will ever be a #1 WR, while I believe Nicks will be within a couple years.