Sign in to follow this  
heavy-set

The OFFICAL NBA Finals Thread

Magic have no chance now. Even if they win the next home game, they can't possibly win two in LA. If they didn't choke that game away last night, it would have been the Lakers feeling the pressure. Oh well.

Yup :wave:

LA hardly came through in the clutch. The Magic choked it away. The Magic lost, LA didn't win.

Kind of. Orlando choked by missing those free throws and leaving Fisher open to hit that three. However, the Lakers came out tough in the second half and showed why they are the best team in the NBA. That and fish hitting those clutch threes would = LA coming through in the clutch.

Magic have no chance now. Even if they win the next home game, they can't possibly win two in LA. If they didn't choke that game away last night, it would have been the Lakers feeling the pressure. Oh well.

And If Kobe didn't miss FT's down the stretch in game 3, it would have been a sweep. You can't really say "well if X and Y didn't happen the result would be Z". Winners hit clutch shots and find ways to win. Losers miss FT's dowm the stretch.

And If Kobe didn't miss FT's down the stretch in game 3, it would have been a sweep. You can't really say "well if X and Y didn't happen the result would be Z". Winners hit clutch shots and find ways to win. Losers miss FT's dowm the stretch.

yea you can

11 seconds left up by 3 with 2 free thorws, when you outplayed them the whole game is different than Kobe hitting the wall in game 3. heck Orlando shot 60+ percent in game 3.

yea you can

11 seconds left up by 3 with 2 free thorws, when you outplayed them the whole game is different than Kobe hitting the wall in game 3. heck Orlando shot 60+ percent in game 3.

Outplayed them the whole game? Are you kidding me?

The Magic had 17 turn-over, to the Lakers 7. The Lakers had 8 steals to Orlando's 4. Rebounds, FG% and 3P% were almost identical. The only thing the Magic outplayed the Lakers in was taking 17 FT's in the 4th quarter, while the Lakers didn't get 1. The officials did everything they could to try and help them come back. They did what teams who are not great do in the finals, lose.

Outplayed them the whole game? Are you kidding me?

The Magic had 17 turn-over, to the Lakers 7. The Lakers had 8 steals to Orlando's 4. Rebounds, FG% and 3P% were almost identical. The only thing the Magic outplayed the Lakers in was taking 17 FT's in the 4th quarter, while the Lakers didn't get 1. The officials did everything they could to try and help them come back. They did what teams who are not great do in the finals, lose.

no

they had the lead, and the largest lead throught the game.

i assume since you didnt address the :

11 seconds left up by 3 with 2 free thorws, is different than kobe hitting the wall, you agree?

The Zen Master versus the Ron Jeremy clone. Was there ever any doubt? :unsure:

Well, thank God that didn't happen, because other than game one, this has certainly appeared to be a series with two even teams playing. It would have been a shame if it ended in a sweep.

I agree, though. The Magic's failure at clutch time makes them undeserving of being called champions. Lee's two missed layups in game two and their horrid foul shooting last night is the very definition of unclutch.

Kind of. Orlando choked by missing those free throws and leaving Fisher open to hit that three. However, the Lakers came out tough in the second half and showed why they are the best team in the NBA. That and fish hitting those clutch threes would = LA coming through in the clutch.

The second part of your post doesn't happen if Howard hits the FTs. End of story. The Magic choked and handed LA the game. Period.

The Zen Master versus the Ron Jeremy clone. Was there ever any doubt? :rolleyes:

Are Jeff and Stan brothers? One looks like a Jewish accountant and the other an Itialin kitchen guido :o

Not expecting the Lakers to win tonight, but if they take it im interested to hear the Magics biitchmade backers explain why when the refs are in their pocket to keep the series going, how they "blew it" vs the Lakers just flat out taking it :overhead:

Gametime!

The 2009 playoffs have been the Trevor Ariza coming out party.

UCLA represent :thumbsdown:

Introducing YOUR 2009 NBA CHAMPIONS, the LOS ANGELES LAKERS

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:

:thumbsdown: :overhead: :thumbsdown:

Congrats to the Show!!! 15!!

Props to Orlando as the 3 seed burying Cleveland and getting here, theyre a great young team.

I couldnt be happier for Kobe Bryant, hardest working and hands down best player in the NBA, he deserve this!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I focking love Pau Gasol. :thumbsdown:

Me too, what a hell of a teammate and competitor

:thumbsdown:

Kobe hardly looked at his hot wife let alone thank his family for his support. Has no class. :thumbsdown: I'm happy for Phil.

Kobe hardly looked at his hot wife let alone thank his family for his support. Has no class. :thumbsdown: I'm happy for Phil.

Probably just because the situation was so overwhelming, his family was right by his side. If he had scripted it im sure he would have mentioned them.

Kobe hardly looked at his hot wife let alone thank his family for his support. Has no class. :unsure: I'm happy for Phil.

If i just won an NBA championship, i would be more obligated to thank the people who truly got us here in my teammates, coach, fans, ect.....

Kobe hardly looked at his hot wife let alone thank his family for his support. Has no class. :unsure: I'm happy for Phil.

He's already thinking about which underage hotel worker to rape.

I couldnt be happier for Kobe Bryant, hardest working and hands down best player in the NBA, he deserve this!

I'd be happy for Kobe if he didn't try to whine his way out of LA before they give him Gasol. How anyone can call this piece of ###### a "team player" (which I hear Laker fans try to do all the time) is beyond me. A team player doesn't tell the press that his teammates suck and he wants to be on a better team.

Then all of a sudden they get Gasol and Kobe's all like.... I :shocking: the Lakers

He has ONE championship without being the sidekick...luckily for him, with the team they gave him after he demanded a trade...he'll get more though.

Introducing YOUR 2009 NBA CHAMPIONS, the LOS ANGELES LAKERS

:shocking: :bandana: :pointstosky:

Congrats. However this team gives the '04 Pistons a run for their money as the worst champion in recent history.

Congrats. However this team gives the '04 Pistons a run for their money as the best champion in recent history.

:dunno:

Congrats. However this team gives the '04 Pistons a run for their money as the worst champion in recent history.

At face value, it looks like Lakers in 5 and that's how it will go down in history, but for those who watched the games, we all know that it was a Lee layup and two Fischer three's a way from being a 2-2 series with tons of pressure on LA. Not minimizing the difference between coming through in the clutch and not, but Lee makes that gimme more times than not, and Fischer couldn't hit teh broad side of a barn earlier in the game. There's some luck involved, too.

If i just won an NBA championship, i would be more obligated to thank the people who truly got us here in my teammates, coach, fans, ect.....

I don't recall him thanking anyone? :dunno: Maybe I was too drunk.

At face value, it looks like Lakers in 5 and that's how it will go down in history, but for those who watched the games, we all know that it was a Lee layup and two Fischer three's a way from being a 2-2 series with tons of pressure on LA. Not minimizing the difference between coming through in the clutch and not, but Lee makes that gimme more times than not, and Fischer couldn't hit teh broad side of a barn earlier in the game. There's some luck involved, too.

You're not talking about the inbounds play are you, that was far from a gimmie.

You're not talking about the inbounds play are you, that was far from a gimmie.

For a starting guard in an NBA game, yes that was a gimme. He also missed one earlier that would have sealed it.