Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2009 Cheatsheet Compiler/Draft Buddy

Time to rock-n-roll!

This will be year number 9 for the FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy

For those that don't know, the Compiler creates customized cheatsheets for your league using your scoring system while Draft Buddy tracks your draft and keeps you organized on the most important day of your fantasy season. These are Excel-based programs and thus require a version of Microsoft Excel in order to function. The benefit of Excel is the Compiler and Buddy are both Windows and Mac compatible, however note the Compiler and Buddy do not work with Mac Office 2008.

If you've already purchased the CC/DB....

1. Open up the Compiler

2. Click the "setup" tab

3. Click the "Update Projections" button

4. Enjoy!

Purchase Info: You may make your purchase with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order. Order here Please make sure you are logged in with your FF Today Account BEFORE you make your purchase. It will make the purchase prodess much easier for you.

Login Help: If you have any trouble logging in after your purchase to download the Compiler/Draft Buddy, please send a note to login@fftoday.com and we will assist you ASAP.

Product Support: Mike MacGregor and Mike Krueger will be offering tech support here at this board or you can send an email to compiler@fftoday.com if you have any questions. We will be happy to help!

A few of the improvements in 2009 include...

• Import dynasty and rookie-only rankings directly into Draft Buddy (trial feature)
  • Rank your cheatsheets by any data input in the Custom Fields
  • Include data input in the Custom Fields to your league scoring options
  • Tailor Custom Fields by position

Early Bird Price is $12.95 through July 31st ($16.95 after). Your purchase will entitle you to product updates through the start of the regular season (9/10) and give you a free entry into our $5000 CC/DB Survivor Contest.

Here's our tentative schedule for projection updates. Unscheduled updates may occur but will post them if here if that happens...

6/8 - Initial release

6/22 - Done

7/6 - Done

7/17 - Done (Bonus update for Derrick Mason, Ravens WRs, plus ADP and depth chart updates)

7/23 - Done

7/30 - Done

8/6 - Done

8/13 - Done

8/18 - Done (Bonus update for Favre & Vick)

8/20 - Done

8/27 - Done

9/3 - Done

9/8 - Done-diddy-done-done

Remember, you don't need to download a new copy of the CC/DB just for the projection updates. Simply

1. Open the Compiler

2. Go to "setup" tab

3. Click the "Update Projections" button

Viola! All the numbers, depth charts, adp data, etc. will be updated.

FF Today Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy

Cheers!

MK

Sweet!! Mike I just ordered the Compiler for the 2nd year in a row. ( I am a sucker for the early bird deal) I can’t believe it's that time already; then again I am ready to defend my Super Bowl win from last year.

Here's to back to back Super Bowl wins and being really organized on draft day.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Does the Compiler work with Open Office?

Thanks for the kind words Joe! Congrats on the win last year. Lets see if we can make it back-to-back championships.

Does the Compiler work with Open Office?

Hi worm. No, not the last time I checked it didn't. There is a lot of Visual Basic programming in the Compiler and Draft Buddy which is not supported by OO. Sorry.

Thanks for the kind words Joe! Congrats on the win last year. Lets see if we can make it back-to-back championships.

Hi worm. No, not the last time I checked it didn't. There is a lot of Visual Basic programming in the Compiler and Draft Buddy which is not supported by OO. Sorry.

Just a plug for the the program.....

I will be ordering this for the third year. It is better than any magazine and I won my auction league last year thanks to it. It helped me to set auction values that were customized to my leagues scoring. Magazines cant do that and it seemed the rest of my league was all over the place with their bidding.

Awesome. Thanks Chad :unsure:

You guys are going to force me to update the testimonials page at some point.

I'm gonna add in an unpaid endorsement as well. I've ordered the Compiler for the last three years, and I've won my league championship in 2 of those 3 years in my big $$$ league as well as some outstanding results in other leagues. In addition to being able to program in nearly all my league settings, I can also weight it exactly how I think is appropriate by position. I've used the projection pal to come up with my own expectations for each player and can average it all with other sources who's projections I value.

Projections are updated as of about an hour ago. This includes offense and IDP, plus ADP and depth charts. Open the Compiler, select Update Projections or Check for Update, click OK, wait and you'll be all up to date. The complete update schedule is in the first post.

Cheers.

Yep, it is there too. The link is in a couple spots on the download page. In a small box in the upper right that says More Links, and about midway down the page there is a section called Projection Pal with a link.

Yep, it is there too. The link is in a couple spots on the download page. In a small box in the upper right that says More Links, and about midway down the page there is a section called Projection Pal with a link.

Thanks Mike....

For future reference, a bit of advice for everyone. When looking for something, it helps to have your eyes open. :music_guitarred:

I'm interested in a VBD for PPR, would I find something like this in the package?

Thanks

Hi TCT. Yes and yes. You can adjust the scoring for PPR. Absolutely no problem there.

The Compiler calculates overall rankings based on the league settings and scoring, and the methodology is along the lines of a value based drafting model. It is quite customizable, so you can increase or decrease the weight/value of each position, and alter baseline methods to get the end overall rankings you think are best for your league.

Thanks for the interest.

Thanks again Mike - early bird for the 5th year - wouldn't miss it. Last 3 years I've won 2 of 3 leagues and in the third been right there. It allows me to relax, enjoy the draft and have great seasons.

Keep up the great work

Cheers

Tazman01

Another projection update in the books. We are going weekly from here on out.

So how custom can you get with the cheatsheets? When it says based on your leagues scoring rules, are there several templates used based on most leagues out there, or can I enter all scoring details that our league has?

Example;

Besides the usual 6 pts per TD or RBs & WRs, and 3 pts for TD passes, we have things like

0.02 bonus point(s) each 1 additional yards in length, starting with 1 yard scores.

1.0 point(s) deducted for each 1 fumble(s) lost, starting with 1 fumble(s) lost.

For position: QBs

0.5 bonus point(s) each 1 reception(s), starting with 1 reception(s).

For position: RBs

0.3 bonus point(s) each 1 reception(s), starting with 1 reception(s).

For position: WRs, TEs, Ks

0.5 bonus point(s) each 1 reception(s), starting with 1 reception(s).

Etc......

Thanks!!

I think we can accomodate all of those. The distance scoring is a little different. We have a table in 10 yard increments like 0-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc., but in your case what we can do is input the average points scored for each distance range. For example I would take your scoring and input +0.1 bonus for a 0-9 yard TD, because at 5 yards you get 0.1 bonus point. I would then put in +0.3 for a 10-19 yard TD, because at 15 yards you get 0.3 bonus points.

Receptions and other categories are separated by position, so the receptions thing is no problem.

8/6 update is ready. Not too many major changes. Harry Douglas - gone. Stewart Bradley - gone. Derrick Mason - back (although he was never completely gone). Pierre Thomas and Ray Rice moving up.

Hi Mike,

I purchased the 2009 Cheatsheet Compiler/Draft Buddy the other day and I have a quick question for you. In my league, we have the following for starters:

1 QB

2 RB

3 WR

1 TE

1 K

1 DEF/SP TM

In addition to these positions, each owners roster can contain any mixture of 9 other players. While this wouldn't happen, someone could draft the positions above plus 9 extra QB's or plus 2 QB's, 3 RB's, ad 4 WR's, etc. I think you get the point.

My question is: How do I set this up in the compiler? I see that there is a spot for O-Flex but I believe this is different. Any help you can provide would be great! Thanks.

Hi gorillaman. What you should do is input the backups across the positions as you expects teams on average to draft and filll their roster. You're right, O-Flex is something else - an optional position and the setting only applies to starters. Given your starting lineup and 9 backup spots, I would probably go with something like QB 2, RB 3, WR 3, TE 0.5, K 0.25, DEF 0.25

Just posted another projection update for the Cheatsheet Compiler. Keep on top of injuries. Training camp isn't safe anymore.

After coming close to winning the last few years,

I'm buying your Cheatsheet for the first time and hopefully this puts me over the top. :mad:

Unlike everyone else on this bored, I haven't won every league I've ever played in. :pointstosky:

After coming close to winning the last few years,

I'm buying your Cheatsheet for the first time and hopefully this puts me over the top. :overhead:

Unlike everyone else on this bored, I haven't won every league I've ever played in. :rolleyes:

Oh... all right, but you'd better win this year or we're going to have to shuffle you off to another board ;)

Thanks for joining us Steelers 1!

I think we can accomodate all of those. The distance scoring is a little different. We have a table in 10 yard increments like 0-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc., but in your case what we can do is input the average points scored for each distance range. For example I would take your scoring and input +0.1 bonus for a 0-9 yard TD, because at 5 yards you get 0.1 bonus point. I would then put in +0.3 for a 10-19 yard TD, because at 15 yards you get 0.3 bonus points.

Receptions and other categories are separated by position, so the receptions thing is no problem.

Mike, what will I need to do to get the cheatsheets and draft buddy set up with the unique custom scoring our league uses, besides purchasing the product, that is... :doublethumbsup:

Will I need to work with you or someone to get the numbers in place, or would I be able to enter it all myself?

Thanks!

You can do it all yourself. I've tried to make it as user friendly as possible. Check the help guide, keep in mind you only change the cells highlighted yellow, and hit me up with an email or post in the Compiler forum if you get stuck anywhere. Thanks!

posted this on the compiler board:

i have done absolutely no research this year. I believe this is the year I break down and try your program out. How long will it take me to customize my individual league setting with your projections? And will it give me a breakdown for each of my 3 leagues scoring systems fairly easily?

thanks

If I have MYFFToday updated with my scoring catergories, does that make the compiler application that much more accomodating?

thanks again

posted this on the compiler board:

i have done absolutely no research this year. I believe this is the year I break down and try your program out. How long will it take me to customize my individual league setting with your projections? And will it give me a breakdown for each of my 3 leagues scoring systems fairly easily?

thanks

If I have MYFFToday updated with my scoring catergories, does that make the compiler application that much more accomodating?

thanks again

cmh,

It will give you a breakdown for all your leagues and it will only take a few minutes to input each league's scoring system. After you put in your league's scoring system, you click compile cheatsheets and voila! You are ready to go.

Didn't see the extra question you added cmh... as of today there is no connection between the Compiler and MyFFToday. I mean, same guy made both of them. They do some similar things. I'm not saying no, never, but as of now one does not update your league profiles in the other. They are separate tools.

Impromptu Compiler/Draft Buddy projection update just posted. Favre is back. Vick is back. Crazy week. Regularly scheduled update still due out Thu, but hit Update Projections in the Compiler for the latest right now.

Impromptu Compiler/Draft Buddy projection update just posted. Favre is back. Vick is back. Crazy week. Regularly scheduled update still due out Thu, but hit Update Projections in the Compiler for the latest right now.

good job getting Favre info in so quickly B)

Regularly scheduled projection update just posted. IDP update is a little behind but should be up Friday.

Another projection update in the books, plus depth charts, ADP, the works. Jonathan Stewart can't get healthy. Him down, DeAngelo Williams up.

I got this error message after hitting the "Save As.. League Name_buddy.xls" button.

"No league name specified. You should run Setup Draft Buddy first."

Well I did that and got the same message.

I think there might have been a problem with that function in the first bunch of download files that went out, because I inadvertently deleted something. And I'm pretty sure you were one of the first in line :)

But, choose File > Save As... and save the Buddy file as any name you want into a different folder. That does exactly the same thing.

9/3 projection update just posted. No surprise: Brandon Marshall down. Has there ever been a bigger boom/bust fantasy player as this guy this close to the start of the season?

Will there be anymore updates between today and Monday morning? My drafts are Monday so wondering if I should print everything today or wait. Thanks.