Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Three Draft Commentary**

The talent well is a little dry at the moment. These aren't easy picks. :pointstosky:

The talent well is a little dry at the moment. These aren't easy picks. B)

I don't know, I see about 5 real good picks out there. This close to the corner, I would love to land two of them.

I don't know, I see about 5 real good picks out there. This close to the corner, I would love to land two of them.

5 real good picks? Really?

Do tell in time.

5 real good picks? Really?

Do tell in time.

To compliment a nice start in DEWill and Moss....yes. I will tell you the 5 I was speaking of. In the next 7 picks there is a great shot to land 2 real nice players. I would be more worried if I were Dan or Paul. Paul's return pick would be pick 8. Granted you guys are going to scoop up players finisihing tiers, and start tiers with these 8 picks

TO wasn't one of the 5. That is not to say that he wasn't a good pick here. I just won't be buying him this year. I have a horrible track record of avoiding people that often times bites me in the A$$. He was the next obvious choice in all concensus info, and likely a good value here considering you needed the impact #1 Wr.

All right, I've started the turn. I like Antonio Bryant's situation, and think that his quarterback will be at least as good as last year, and possibly better. A new coach could change the scheme, but I'm confident that Bryant will get his. B)

Nice pick with Witten, though I think he would have made it back to you, as Clash typically isn't a fan of an early TE.

I will text Clash.

While we wait, what say we head out and hit a round of 18? B)

While we wait, what say we head out and hit a round of 18? :overhead:

Sweet!

I still saw some nice value picks at 3.09, but decided to go with TO here. It came down to me being more comfortable with his chances of solid numbers over somebody with a higher risk/reward.

I still saw some nice value picks at 3.09, but decided to go with TO here. It came down to me being more comfortable with his chances of solid numbers over somebody with a higher risk/reward.

I think TO at 3.09 is good value, perhaps a little more than "good" value. He is perhaps as likely as any other WR's that were left to you to score big, in fact I think he is more likely to out perform anything else left at 3.09. His honeymoon year with his new team is usually a very good one, is the following year that he implodes.

Nice pick with Witten, though I think he would have made it back to you, as Clash typically isn't a fan of an early TE.

True and I thought about that. But, Clash is less predictable in the 12 hole and I could see him breaking with the norm and taking Witten. Besides, I'm comfortable with any number of guys at 4.02. Witten was the one guy I would have been disappointed not to get above the others. I have about four players ranked evenly now and I will choose one of those next. If I had chosen one of them now and then Witten at 4.02, it wouldn't have been any different in my mind...so I went safe.

True and I thought about that. But, Clash is less predictable in the 12 hole and I could see him breaking with the norm and taking Witten. Besides, I'm comfortable with any number of guys at 4.02. Witten was the one guy I would have been disappointed not to get above the others. I have about four players ranked evenly now and I will choose one of those next. If I had chosen one of them now and then Witten at 4.02, it wouldn't have been any different in my mind...so I went safe.

I follow completely. I like what should be available in the fourth round here. I like Witten, but was reluctant to pull the trigger because of the loss of Owens. As solid as it gets, though.

I half hope you and Clash take one or two of the guys that I like around the bend so that I don't have to choose . . . but on the other side, I want everyone to ignore them. :overhead:

Hey guys...I'm going to be tied up with summer school for a while...who can I send a pick list to for my pick at 4.02?

Hey guys...I'm going to be tied up with summer school for a while...who can I send a pick list to for my pick at 4.02?

Send it to me. :overhead:

Do bad teachers get sent to Summer School too? :overhead:

I had you pegged for Witten, and he was the first of the 5 I mentioned taken so far. I have to admit I forgot about Antonio Bryant. He will be a fine #2 WR.

received, but you can't mean Dan Marino!! :overhead:

Indeed I do. He's going to come out of retirement and be the QB for the Vikings....

Or do I have him mixed up with someone else? :dunno:

I will check back in a little after 10:00 Central time.

Indeed I do. He's going to come out of retirement and be the QB for the Vikings....

Or do I have him mixed up with someone else? :unsure:

Okay, I'll change it to Elway!

Okay, I'll change it to Elway!

Nevermind that, can you text Clash.... he was here all last night (late)... I should have offered to take a list for him

Nevermind that, can you text Clash.... he was here all last night (late)... I should have offered to take a list for him

I did when he came up. Have a cup of coffee! :unsure:

Or do I have him mixed up with someone else? :unsure:

Vikings Quarterback is an oxymoron

I almost drafted Kevin Smith at 3.05. He was ranked number one in my 4th teir of RB's. Right as I was about to type his named it dawned on me that if I drafted him my two starting RB's would be from the Lions and the Rams. :shocking: Arguably the two worst teams in the league. I couldn't live with myself so I drafted Bowe. :unsure:

I did when he came up. Have a cup of coffee! :unsure:

LOL... you know me too well... hadn't even read page 2 of this thread when I posted that

I almost drafted Kevin Smith at 3.05. He was ranked number one in my 4th teir of RB's. Right as I was about to type his named it dawned on me that if I drafted him my two starting RB's would be from the Lions and the Rams. :shocking: Arguably the two worst teams in the league. I couldn't live with myself so I drafted Bowe. :unsure:

Thats great.....i hate you :overhead:

Thats great.....i hate you :unsure:

:shocking:

At least the player you picked instead is from a quality team . . .

:overhead:

:shocking:

HA!

You gotta look at this one twice to see the reverse back slam!!! Dan is a real nice guy! :unsure:

:unsure:

I enjoy good WR's on bad teams. At least when they play 'catch-up' in the 4th quarter you have a shot. :thumbsup:

I absolutely loathe RB's on bad teams in non-PPR. Nothing worse than praying for the occaisional draw play in the 4th quarter. :cry:

I like the Moreno pick... his stock just keeps rising with all the positive reports coming out of camp. By most peoples real drafts I expect him to be a 2nd/3rd turn guy.

received, but you can't mean Dan Marino!! :thumbsup:

I feel bad I posted this when Fumble sent me his picks. I hadn't opened his e-mail yet when I posted Marino. It then occured to me that the names sound exactly the same. My hope of hopes was that Clash picked 2 other guys, as this was Fumble's #1. Sorry Fumble, it wasn't intentional.

I was trying to be funny about our ages and kinda messed up.

I enjoy good WR's on bad teams. At least when they play 'catch-up' in the 4th quarter you have a shot. :thumbsup:

I absolutely loathe RB's on bad teams in non-PPR. Nothing worse than praying for the occaisional draw play in the 4th quarter. :unsure:

I was just messing with you. I couldn't overlook the irony . . .

As for the Boldin pick (I was unexpectedly busy yesterday), I see alot of folks are questioning his productivity because of his status with the team, the same thing happened last year and he was a monster until he got his face smashed in, I expect the same this year.... but without the face being smashed in part.