Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Three Draft Commentary**

Pepper Spray.....pepper spray on all sides of me.....

Peterson, Barber, & White.

:dunno:

A third title may be in the works...

So did WW not say if he was coming back? Did he only text one player? :overhead:

I guess I'll get my list ready as I have to leave at 4:30 or so. :unsure:

So did WW not say if he was coming back? Did he only text one player? :unsure:

Yeah, this is a disappointing start for WW... and I'm not talking about his picks

He texted me a minute ago and asked who was picked at the turn...haven't heard back from him yet.

Hey Fumble? You also have gratefulted's list as well correct? I see JScott is here.

If so I will just hang out for a few......

Hey Fumble? You also have gratefulted's list as well correct? I see JScott is here.

If so I will just hang out for a few......

Yes, I have ted's pick ready if we ever hear back from WW....

Yeah, this is a disappointing start for WW... and I'm not talking about his picks

I wasn't able to check in before I did, so either way, you guys would have been :unsure:

I wasn't able to check in before I did, so either way, you guys would have been :unsure:

Bottom line is we need to do a better job of leaving lists with people tomorrow. These long pauses really throw off the rhythm of the draft.

Alright, gotta roll. I sent you and email Fumble. :dunno:

Didn't get it....yet.

Bottom line is we need to do a better job of leaving lists with people tomorrow. These long pauses really throw off the rhythm of the draft.

Agreed. We had most of the participants around this morning but as pick times start to lag more and more start to check in less frequently

Many of you guys hate picking a QB early...but how can anyone pass on Manning where he was taken here? You just can't. He'll anchor your team and allow you to take some risks down the road.

Many of you guys hate picking a QB early...but how can anyone pass on Manning where he was taken here? You just can't. He'll anchor your team and allow you to take some risks down the road.

I agree, you can't pass him up here. I'd say there's a noticeable decline after the first 28 picks, and Manning/Colston/Boldin end the tier.

I'd say there's a noticeable decline after the first 28 picks, and Manning/Colston/Boldin end the tier.

Totally agree. Now, the scrambling begins...

3.04 - QB Peyton Manning, IND

Well, my plan for the turn played out as expected. Didn't think any WRs from this tier would make it back to me. And Colston was really the last one I wanted. Boldin's future in ARI continues to get worse IMO, with their cap space dwindling. So grabbing S.Smith where I did instead of MBIII was the right call in this start-3 WRs format.

Regarding Manning, I HAD to take him here. The remaining WRs all have big ??? IMO and didn't want to reach on RB. Manning had a "down" year for him but with one more year removed from his surgery/injury I fully expect 4000+ & 30+

I agree, you can't pass him up here. I'd say there's a noticeable decline after the first 28 picks, and Manning/Colston/Boldin end the tier.

I don't really see Boldin in that tier at this point.

KSB sent a list off. Did we get it?

My list was Colston and Bouldin dagnabbit. :lol:

I really think draft postion 1.05 is a weird one. The top four are set if you ask me in the first round and pick 29 is a wild card spot. I'm flipping a coin right now......

3.04 not 2.04 on Manning. I figured you'd have to get your QB fix.

Fixed, thanks. Not really a fix (ala Fumble), just how things fell out.

Fixed, thanks. Not really a fix (ala Fumble), just how things fell out.

It was the pick there. I like it better than your Brady grab in the Jetdoc.

MBIII and Boldin both closed out two tiers for me so I was left with a couple options. Flip of the coin and Tales was Bowe.

I like his upside, especially with Cassell. Got the whole 3rd year thingy going for him. If he holds on to just a couple more balls I could have nabbed a top 5 WR here.

MBIII and Boldin both closed out two tiers for me so I was left with a couple options. Flip of the coin and Tales was Bowe.

I like his upside, especially with Cassell. Got the whole 3rd year thingy going for him. If he holds on to just a couple more balls I could have nabbed a top 5 WR here.

I like the pick as it was the WR pick at this time, but I do not feel Cassell is a bonus for him. On the contrary, I feel Bowe would have been much better off with Thigpen, as he then would have also had more help to catch the ball.

I don't really see Boldin in that tier at this point.

I personally like him above Bowe/other WRs that are going to be going very soon.

sorry if i held anyone up today for a little while this morning.......sometimes i have the darndest time loading this site on my work laptop......the legendary fftoday hamster obviously conflicts with all my software programs :lol:

hey guys i sincerely apologize. i was out today and figured there was no way it would get back to me after i made my pick late last night/early this morning.

It won't happen again :unsure:

hopefully my two picks were ok being that I didn't get to really sit down and analyze who was selected.

In regards to Jennings and Colston - With Ronnie Brown off the board I considered MBIII but i really like Jennings this year. He may not catch 90+ balls but hes a guy i can easily see getting 1200 and 12 and in a non ppr that is great.

Sort of the same deal with colston. I don't see him getting a high number of catches but it doesnt matter, what does matter is what he does with them and 1,100 and 10 is not out of the question if he stays healthy. (I considered Manning strongly here)

hey guys i sincerely apologize. i was out today and figured there was no way it would get back to me after i made my pick late last night/early this morning.

It won't happen again :unsure:

hopefully my two picks were ok being that I didn't get to really sit down and analyze who was selected.

In regards to Jennings and Colston - With Ronnie Brown off the board I considered MBIII but i really like Jennings this year. He may not catch 90+ balls but hes a guy i can easily see getting 1200 and 12 and in a non ppr that is great.

Sort of the same deal with colston. I don't see him getting a high number of catches but it doesnt matter, what does matter is what he does with them and 1,100 and 10 is not out of the question if he stays healthy. (I considered Manning strongly here)

Yeah, we usually cover about three full rounds a day in this mock. That's about what you can count on.

I was happy to get Grant here. I see him as a full duty back on a good offense. I liked Pierre too, but might have went WR if I had to choose between he and two Wr's.

Yeah, we usually cover about three full rounds a day in this mock. That's about what you can count on.

gotcha. hopefully i didn't ###### everyone else up too bad... from the time of the picks, looks like i got my 2nd rounder in just under the 2hrs (not ideal i know) and a big ty to fumble for giving me the heads up. :unsure:

I am distraught that Bowe did not fall to me :unsure: :dunno:

I am distraught that Bowe did not fall to me :pointstosky: :dunno:

I knew that you were going to take Kevin. :D

I knew that you were going to take Kevin. :pointstosky:

I sorta played that hand out....

But for me each year there is a player, sometimes two, that I covet, and they usually have a big year......

This year, it's Bowe and Jones. Last year I actively sought Andre Johnson as I suspected all the pieces were in place for a blow out year, this year its Bowe's turn, that cat is going to go apesnot.

Kevin Jones is a intriguing player who is likely to be the focal point in the offense this year as the QB position struggles, but who can really say? Detroit right now has some potential bright spots, but they are such an enigma.

Kevin Jones is a intriguing player

Is he back with Detroit? :pointstosky: