Sign in to follow this  
Cstriker

Pierre thomas

"Answering a few Q's, the defense looks stout, Pierre Thomas will have a breakout year, and visit foundation site at http://drewbrees.com"

Comments from his twitter page.

If thomas can stay healthy i think its a no brainer picking him in the 3rd or 4th round (10 - 12 teams). He is too good to not put up atleast a hand ful of great games.

"Answering a few Q's, the defense looks stout, Pierre Thomas will have a breakout year, and visit foundation site at http://drewbrees.com"

Comments from his twitter page.

If thomas can stay healthy i think its a no brainer picking him in the 3rd or 4th round (10 - 12 teams). He is too good to not put up atleast a hand ful of great games.

If that defense can keep them in games, it can't do anything but help Thomas.

"Answering a few Q's, the defense looks stout...

all credibility is lost after there...

PTS 24.6 (26th), YDS 339.5 (23rd), PASS YDS 221.7 (23rd), RUSH YDS 117.8 (17th)

How exactly are they any better this year? They drafted a young CB and signed old man Sharper. If anything they're worse, with the 4 game suspensions of Smith and Grant.

I guess....................if you expect to hear him come out and say the "D" is gonna $uck again, and we're gonna have to pile on the points!!???

What keeps me from loving this guy is his schedule this year. It's not friendly.

Philly

NYJ

NYG

Miami

NE

Washington

Dallas (Week 15)

Maybe I'm nitpicking too much, but with the NFCE and the AFCE it looks tough.

And D-Will had the Super Bowl champ Giants and their awesome D in week 16 last year. How'd that work out?

Pre-season strength of schedule isn't worth the paper it's printed on. (or the bits it flips)

In a 12 team, non-PPR, TD heavy format -- how many backs would you list ahead of Thomas? By mid 2nd round, Peterson, Turner, MJD, Forte, Deangelo, Tomlinson, Westbrook, Slaton and Jacobs will all be gone. Your choices mid to late 2nd early to 3rd will include Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson, Gore, Portis, Lendale, Ronnie Brown, Marion Barber -- and Thomas.

In a 12 team, non-PPR, TD heavy format -- how many backs would you list ahead of Thomas? By mid 2nd round, Peterson, Turner, MJD, Forte, Deangelo, Tomlinson, Westbrook, Slaton and Jacobs will all be gone. Your choices mid to late 2nd early to 3rd will include Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson, Gore, Portis, Lendale, Ronnie Brown, Marion Barber -- and Thomas.

I love the guy, but have realistic expectations. (especially after the stoopid Td vultures PT lost in the Det game) I'd rank them

Sjax

CJ

Gore

Barber

Portis

PT

Ronnie

Lendale (assuming CJ gets more red zone looks. if not, bump Lenwhale in Td heavy)

Steven Jackson in the 2nd early to 3rd? In a 12 teamer? Uh, not in a million years.

How exactly are they any better this year? They drafted a young CB and signed old man Sharper. If anything they're worse, with the 4 game suspensions of Smith and Grant.

Well for starters, they have a new DC. Gregg Williams is about 10000000 times better than Gibbs and is much more aggressive.

They added Jabari Greer, Jenkins and Sharper to the secondary, and Tracy Porter was looking great before his injury and will be back.

They have better depth this year than last on the DLine. Smith and Grant were hurt most of last year and were ineffective when they weren't. I don't think they are losing all that much.

Saints D will be better.

sign me up for the league that has Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson, Frank Gore and Cinton Portis lasting beyond mid 2nd round. Sometimes i see portis go mid 2nd. Thats about it.

Well for starters, they have a new DC. Gregg Williams is about 10000000 times better than Gibbs and is much more aggressive.

They added Jabari Greer, Jenkins and Sharper to the secondary, and Tracy Porter was looking great before his injury and will be back.

They have better depth this year than last on the DLine. Smith and Grant were hurt most of last year and were ineffective when they weren't. I don't think they are losing all that much.

Saints D will be better.

I agree with the first guy......D will be worse due to the ends having left. Also, the quote is from their quarterback. Who cares what Brees says about their d?

Im piling on the SJAX, Chris Johnson, etc at the end of round 2/ start of round 3.......thats just not happening.

Thomas falls in that late 2 early 3.....but those guys are like Ryan Grant, Marion Barber, Ronnie Brown.........and im undecided if hes a better option than those guys. (Actually i love Grant late in round 2.....hes my target guy)

Maybe when he says the defense looks stout, he is saying that their defense looks fat and slow like last year. :lol:

I guess....................if you expect to hear him come out and say the "D" is gonna $uck again, and we're gonna have to pile on the points!!???

:doublethumbsup:

sign me up for the league that has Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson, Frank Gore and Cinton Portis lasting beyond mid 2nd round. Sometimes i see portis go mid 2nd. Thats about it.

:banana: I've been in this league for 12 years.... and you're going to tell me about the trends of the drafters I'll be dealing with -- and ignore the question involving Pierre Thomas and where he falls in with the guys who are typically ranked ahead of him.

We give 6 pts per passing TD, PPR for TE only..... and there are other reasons why elite QBs, WRs and TEs are more coveted than 2nd tier RBs. So unless we'd rather discuss this league's scoring intricacies... Your choices mid to late 2nd early to 3rd will include Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson, Gore, Portis, Lendale, Ronnie Brown, Marion Barber -- and Thomas. Where do you see Thomas on that list?

:banana: I've been in this league for 12 years.... and you're going to tell me about the trends of the drafters I'll be dealing with -- and ignore the question involving Pierre Thomas and where he falls in with the guys who are typically ranked ahead of him.

We give 6 pts per passing TD, PPR for TE only..... and there are other reasons why elite QBs, WRs and TEs are more coveted than 2nd tier RBs. So unless we'd rather discuss this league's scoring intricacies... Your choices mid to late 2nd early to 3rd will include Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson, Gore, Portis, Lendale, Ronnie Brown, Marion Barber -- and Thomas. Where do you see Thomas on that list?

So, you guys have dreamed up some silly system where TE's are first round picks? Ahead of Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, and Chris Johnson??

I think we all agree, this thread is DUN.

:( I've been in this league for 12 years.... and you're going to tell me about the trends of the drafters I'll be dealing with

Exactly. You have to take your league trends into account. Estimating how the other guys will draft can definitely help you out.

Ignore all the "how do I get in your league" comments. Those attempts at an insult have to be the most retarded thing on this board by far. It's on par with the 5th Grade "my dad can beat up your dad" mentality.

Exactly. You have to take your league trends into account. Estimating how the other guys will draft can definitely help you out.

Ignore all the "how do I get in your league" comments. Those attempts at an insult have to be the most retarded thing on this board by far. It's on par with the 5th Grade "my dad can beat up your dad" mentality.

The point is, if his league is so different that a Te is getting drafted ahead of Steven Jackson and Frank Gore, then we clearly don't "understand" this league enough to offer any advice based on our "traditional" experience. Therefore he should just take his gorilla league setup and go away.

That's the point, we can't trust what he says.