Sign in to follow this  
WoodDuck2003

R.Bush

to scoop him up in all ppr dynasty leagues? I mean the owners have been dealing with this all season and now it seems to be getting worse so no doubt he can be had on the cheap in some cases.

Lets hear it.

Not a big fan...He is too inconsistent and seems to do most of his damage on special teams. He is also a feast or famine guy. 200 APY one game and 50 the next. I'll pass.

Agreed. Bush is the type of bit player that is far more valuable to an NFL team in real life than he is to a fantasy team. For the Saints, the threat of his magic helps the offense overall very much, but for fantasy purposes he doesn't always put up numbers.

I live in New Orleans.....diehard Saints fan. Just this morning my coworker and I were taking about Bush and both agreed that he was going to spend the better part of this year with his left knee packed in ice (we are both physical therapists). So I get home from work....flip on the news.....first thing I hear " Reggie Bush had to leave today's practice because of swelling in his left knee". My guess is that Peyton will limit Bush's role to about 10-12 touches on offense and special teams this year.......his fantasy value will significantly decrease IMO..........

Even in PPR, I wouldnt touch him this year... He will miss 8 games this year when you add up all the the time he spent on the sideline because of nagging injury!

Why would you want to pick up a guy that has an Ahman Green degenerative knee?

I would not touch him in a redraft at all. But in a ppr dynasty league if you could get the guy for cheap would it be worth it. He will not be good this year but he is still very young. By the way A.Green went on to have several very productive years in fantasy world.

If Bush can be had cheap and you could afford to stash him is what I am wondering or is he going to be like this every year?

I live in New Orleans.....diehard Saints fan. Just this morning my coworker and I were taking about Bush and both agreed that he was going to spend the better part of this year with his left knee packed in ice (we are both physical therapists). So I get home from work....flip on the news.....first thing I hear " Reggie Bush had to leave today's practice because of swelling in his left knee". My guess is that Peyton will limit Bush's role to about 10-12 touches on offense and special teams this year.......his fantasy value will significantly decrease IMO..........

I get burned every single time I try to acquire a guy that's not quite back from injury. I finally just decided to stay away from guys until they're healthy.

reggie's touches past 3 yrs:

2006: ~150car, 90rec, 30PR, 0KR= ~270 total over 16 games = ~17 per game

2007: ~150car, 70rec, 0PR, 0KR= ~220 total over 12 games = ~ 18 per game

2008: ~100car, 50rec, 20PR, 0KR= ~170 total over 10 games = ~ 17 per game

what if he had touches trimmed on the rushing side, down to less than 100car [50-60 range], and was used solely as a receiving and return threat?

2009: ~ 50car, 90rec, 30PR, 10KR= ~180 total over 13 games = ~ 14 per game

we already know pure rushing isnt his strength anyways, and it would serve to lower his opps to take hits and get said injuries.

Q: what would be his fantasy value then? any change, positively or negatively? or would most ffers still feel that opps for injury do not plague him, he is just that guy that will invariably get injured?

[ie something close to a juiced chris perry 2005 role in the bengals offense---not a lot of rushing, but lots of rec looks, and a viable PPR league scorer that season]. :bandana:

I guess this means Pierre won't be returning kicks this year...

I'll take that. :thumbsdown:

So does this open the door a little for Mike Bell who is currently #3 on the depth chart?

Open the door to do what, run into the backs of his offensive linemen? Respectfully, Mike Bell is a plumber.

I guess this means Pierre won't be returning kicks this year...

I'll take that. :mad:

And he was very good at returning kickoffs........no doubt Peyton will remove him from his role........further evidence that Reggies' will be reduced and changed.

The ice thing was a joke. It was made known pretty shortly there after.

Reggie IS having swelling in his knee, but it was expected. He's NOT wearing a red jersey in practice and he has been full-bore in every practice. They're taking it easy with him. The knee is a concern, but from everything I hear, he's mostly fine.

The knee is a concern, but from everything I hear, he's mostly fine.

For a guy that relies on speed, and given that microfracture surgery is a major deal, he is most assuradly NOT fine.

Just my thoughts.

For a guy that relies on speed, and given that microfracture surgery is a major deal, he is most assuradly NOT fine.

Just my thoughts.

I've been to a few practices. He looked fine to me...very fast and he cut well. But obviously, the knee worries me.

I've been to a few practices. He looked fine to me...very fast and he cut well. But obviously, the knee worries me.

Sounds like the only one who's foolin' is himself. I don't buy this tripe.

I live in L.A.......diehard Trojan fan. I watch a lot of television, L.A. being the television capitol of the world and all. I noticed that Bush shed a lot of weight when he got rid of Kim Kardashian. I think his knee will be able to hold up without having to lug that big arse around

I live in L.A.......diehard Trojan fan. I watch a lot of television, L.A. being the television capitol of the world and all. I noticed that Bush shed a lot of weight when he got rid of Kim Kardashian. I think his knee will be able to hold up without having to lug that big arse around

:bench: Awesome point