Sign in to follow this  
Smirk

MJD v. Forte v. Turner

So...I'm picking 2nd in my league and I'm not happy about it.

Standard scoring, 12 team, non-ppr yahoo league with 1/10 pts rushing, 1/10 recieving, 6pts TDs rushing/receiving.

I have no idea whom to choose. I assume that AP will be going first.

I really like Forte. I'm a Tulane alum, and I always knew he was going to be a stud. With Jay Cutler there, I really think the sky is the limit for him.

MJD is an absolute bowling ball and has great big-play potential, and is finally carrying the load himself. However, I think the Jaguars are going to be bad again, and David Garrard is not Jay Cutler. And its non-PPR.

Turner...well, I just don't like having to cheer for Falcons. Plus, I think the Falcons are going to come back down to earth this year, and they have a really tough schedule.

I have no idea. How do you guys have them ranked in this scoring system?

In a non ppr league I move MJD to 3rd on this list. In ppr he is #1

I think it is all very close so chose the one you like b/t Turner/Forte.

Standard scoring, 12 team, non-ppr yahoo league with 1/10 pts rushing, 1/10 recieving, 6pts TDs rushing/receiving.

I really like Forte. I'm a Tulane alum, and I always knew he was going to be a stud. With Jay Cutler there, I really think the sky is the limit for him.

MJD is an absolute bowling ball and has great big-play potential, and is finally carrying the load himself. However, I think the Jaguars are going to be bad again, and David Garrard is not Jay Cutler. And its non-PPR.

Turner...well, I just don't like having to cheer for Falcons. Plus, I think the Falcons are going to come back down to earth this year, and they have a really tough schedule.

Sounds to me you've already made up your mind. Unless there's some unforeseen injury, all three guys are gonna put up RB1 numbers. No matter who you take, you should get solid production, so go with the guy you happen to like the best.

Sounds to me you've already made up your mind. Unless there's some unforeseen injury, all three guys are gonna put up RB1 numbers. No matter who you take, you should get solid production, so go with the guy you happen to like the best.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Every year there a plenty of high picks who fail to perform near expectations. Last year SJax, Gore, and Addai were top picks and did not finish RB1. The year before SJax, Shaun Alexander, and Willie Parker were all big flops.

I'm torn on Forte. He has some easy games but his Week 15 and 16 games are Baltimore and Minnesota; both good rushing defenses. Those weeks are playoff/Super Bowl for many leagues. Is that a deterrent to anyone in picking Forte?

For me, Turner has the most risk because of his huge workload last year. He needs a lot of carries to produce like he did last year and I have some doubts that it will happen. MJD has the most potential. He could have a Deangelo Williams type year. Forte is the safest, but also the lowest ceiling for me. I don't see him doing much more than he did last year, but I don't see him doing much worse either. He's going to get a lot of receptions and lots of GL carries, but I don't think he is explosive enough to do much more than 4 ypc.

For me, Turner has the most risk because of his huge workload last year. He needs a lot of carries to produce like he did last year and I have some doubts that it will happen. MJD has the most potential. He could have a Deangelo Williams type year. Forte is the safest, but also the lowest ceiling for me. I don't see him doing much more than he did last year, but I don't see him doing much worse either. He's going to get a lot of receptions and lots of GL carries, but I don't think he is explosive enough to do much more than 4 ypc.

AP had just about the same workload and nobody seems real concerned about that.

A young back without tons of mileage has one big year of carries and now people are worried? I don't buy it.

A young back without tons of mileage has one big year of carries and now people are worried? I don't buy it.

Turner is three years older than Peterson.

Being that he sat behind LT up til last year, not really like those three years took a lot out of him.... just sayin'.

I have not made up my mind at all. I think Forte has issues too. He had a lot of carries last year, his team is going to throw a lot more, and jones is a capable backup that could steal a few carries.

I just have no idea on this one.

Personally, I'd rank them MJD, Forte then Turner. MJD and Forte are close enough, go with Forte. You will enjoy the season more routing for him.

If I were you I would take Forte.

If I were me I would take MJD.

If I were smart I would take Turner.

Both MJD and Forte got a lot of their value from receptions. (63-Forte and 62-MJD)

Dont think you can go wrong with any of them! Be happy you get to pick 2nd and not 7th or 12th!

GL!

I'm not saying Turner will be hurt, but the Falcons have gone on record saying they plan to reduce his number of carries. They believe that a second year with 370 carries will wear down Turner and negatively impact his performance in the playoffs and future seasons. I think Turner's carries are closer to 300 this year. I dont see a big change in ypc so that puts him around 1350 yards. I also think the Falcons are going to slip a bit and I think Turner's TD numbers are going to come down to earth- 10-13 range. That puts him around 213 FF points which would have made him a back end RB1 last year.

Guest John_Rizzio

MJD hands down. Most upside and absolutely no one stealing his carries.

When things are this close, I look at the Playoff Schedules as the deciding factor:

Turner: 14 - home vs. NO

15 - at NY Jets

16 - home vs BUF

Forte: 14 - home vs. GB

15 - at Balt

16 - home vs Min

MJD: 14 - home vs. Mia

15 - home vs. Ind

16 - at NE

Most other factors equal, I'd gamble with MJD.

I'm not saying Turner will be hurt, but the Falcons have gone on record saying they plan to reduce his number of carries. They believe that a second year with 370 carries will wear down Turner and negatively impact his performance in the playoffs and future seasons. I think Turner's carries are closer to 300 this year. I dont see a big change in ypc so that puts him around 1350 yards. I also think the Falcons are going to slip a bit and I think Turner's TD numbers are going to come down to earth- 10-13 range. That puts him around 213 FF points which would have made him a back end RB1 last year.

Why would the Falcons slip a bit? They added Gonzo and have very good WRs and QB who's only going to get better.

Do you think they slip a bit just because that sounded like something good to say?

Every team that unloads 370 carries on a back says they will reduce the workload. And then the season starts and that 4th quarter lead needs to be preserved and guess what. Turner gets given the ball non-stop because a win is a win.

Who else are they going to give it too? Norwood to grind the clock??? I don't think so.

I'm going to draft Randy Moss over all those guys. Forte, Jones, and Turner are average run of the mill guys that had a good year last year. They're value is way overinflated.

definitely not forte, his workload will go down from last year and rumor has it jones will become more involved in the offense. i'd go with mjd probably, the falcons have nowhere to go but down, plus a tough schedule this year. jones drew will finally be getting more work finally, he should play a huge role in that offense and have a great year

Guest John_Rizzio

forte plays the ravens and the vikings in weeks 15 and 16. Avoid him at all costs. Dont want no rb of mine playing ravens and vikes during the fantasy playoffs

Why would the Falcons slip a bit? They added Gonzo and have very good WRs and QB who's only going to get better.

Do you think they slip a bit just because that sounded like something good to say?

Every team that unloads 370 carries on a back says they will reduce the workload. And then the season starts and that 4th quarter lead needs to be preserved and guess what. Turner gets given the ball non-stop because a win is a win.

Who else are they going to give it too? Norwood to grind the clock??? I don't think so.

I believe they overachieved in '08. '09 wont' be a bad year, but I just don't anticipate Atlanta winning 11 games again. Winning 11 games in consecutive years is very difficult in the NFL and I don't see the Falcons as being strong enough to do that.

I am in the same situation....I am seriously thinking of taking Brady at that spot

I'm in the same boat as everybody else with the #2 pick. Only difference for me is my league starts 2 Qb's. Forte, MJD, and Turner are still in the picture, but i'm seriously leaning either Brees or Brady. I figure with the depth at the RB situation I can get 2 solid backs at the 2/3 turn.

I feel that MJD is the "safest" pick of the group. Unfortunately, it's not a PPR where I feel that he will end up being the #1 overall back.

Don't forget about SJax....all accounts have him near 100% on a team that has nothing besides him.