Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Anthony Gonzo out 2-6 weeks?

Anthony Gonzalez expected to miss 2-6 weeks

Gonzalez

NFL.com reports that Anthony Gonzalez is expected to miss 2-6 weeks with a knee injury suffered in the first half Sunday.

No one was within three yards of Gonzalez when he collapsed coming off the line of scrimmage. He was initially listed as questionable to return, but NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Gonzalez suffered a strained ligament in his right knee and will undergo further testing Monday. Rookie Austin Collie will likely benefit most from Gonzalez's absence, with Dallas Clark also assuming some of his targets. Sep. 13 - 4:36 pm et

Source: NFL.com

great week 1 gets even better!!! :doublethumbsup: I went from bad WRs for one team to now having WRs problems on 2 teams :pointstosky:

Didn't Garcon drop a lot of passes in the preaseason? Guessing prolly Collie is the better play...but neither will get any RZ looks, almost better off guessing with a Mark Bradley or Devon Bess or Mario Manningham.

I can appreciate the "It's Indy's #2 WR!!" thought process, but regardless of who it is, no rapport/trust has been established with either, so I would stay away.

I lost Gonzo as my 3rd WR today, prolly gonna roll with Earl Bennett (15th round flyer). Or Breaston if healthy. Or play the WW weekly lottery...

From an Indy fan - I believe Garcon will start in Gonzo's spot. Collie is better suited for the slot and considering he's a rook, I don't see the team asking him to learn the outside as well. Gracon is better suited for the outside, has more experience on the outside, and I believe was used there regularly in training camp and preseason.

Garcon had a case of the drops in preaseason, but I like his physical tools. I may take a flyer on Garcon, but Clark is the most likely to benefit from Gonzo's injury.

Anyone ever recall hearing of a player drop to the ground on their own accord (no contact what so ever), where the injury ended up being a mild strain (which would be what it is with a 2-6 week timeline they are saying)??

I dont buy it...

full disclosure...im a A-Gonzo owner.

Anyone ever recall hearing of a player drop to the ground on their own accord (no contact what so ever), where the injury ended up being a mild strain (which would be what it is with a 2-6 week timeline they are saying)??

I dont buy it...

wish they let me know soon. I hate carrying dead roster weight.

I dont buy it...

I wouldn't be surprised that it comes out tomorrow that he's done for the season. As you said there was zero contact & he went down in a heap.

why not burleson did it last season. Tear the acl without contact just running.

Except the question is if anyone has gone down like that and it was just a strain rather than a tear.

Anyone ever recall hearing of a player drop to the ground on their own accord (no contact what so ever), where the injury ended up being a mild strain

No.

I remember Dan Marino blowing up his achilles from just dropping back in the pocket.

I was so excited I got AGon where I did too :doublethumbsup:

No.

I remember Dan Marino blowing up his achilles from just dropping back in the pocket.

I was so excited I got AGon where I did too :pointstosky:

Yeah, he was my bye week fill in as my WR4, got him relatively late. :pointstosky:

:doublethumbsup:

I actually think Tamme might pickup the slack. The Colts have no problem putting Clark in the slot and Tamme as the TE. Tamme knows the offense well and the Colts love the two TE set. I am not suggesting adding him as a flex player but this would lower the value of Garcon and Collie a bit. I really don't think Collie, Garcon, or Tamme are going to be worthy of a roster spot. That may change if Gonzalez is out for an extended period.

From an Indy fan - I believe Garcon will start in Gonzo's spot. Collie is better suited for the slot and considering he's a rook, I don't see the team asking him to learn the outside as well. Gracon is better suited for the outside, has more experience on the outside, and I believe was used there regularly in training camp and preseason.

Garcon had a case of the drops in preaseason, but I like his physical tools. I may take a flyer on Garcon, but Clark is the most likely to benefit from Gonzo's injury.

Ok, who's the one to add here?

Is this Indy fan right?

I have Garcon selected first on my waiver bid, is that the right way to go?