Sign in to follow this  
Borat33

Matt Forte

Unfortunately I drafted this guy and I am already regretting it. I did not like him that much but I had the dreaded 5th pick and figured he was the best value there. After watching him last week I do not see him doing much of anything vs this Steeler defense that loves to stop opposing rb's, especially ones like Forte who do not have game breaking speed. Call me crazy but I am gonna start Percy Harvin at my flex vs Detroit (going McFadden and Rice as my rb's) Forte will be lucky to get 60 yards and a score vs the Steelers, even without Troy in the lineup. :dunno:

With Forte vs. PIT and LT up against the Ravens, the "never bench your studs" principle is up against a stiff test this week .

And to answer your question, I did too. I'm going with Kevin Smith and Ray Rice this week plus 3 WRs (including the flex spot). :dunno:

Normally I'd advise you start Forte because he catches so many passes. But now that Cutler is in town, I rad a report that showed he isn't as inclined to check down to his RB as Orton was last year as a Bear. Cutler tends to check down to WRs or TEs.

I just figured the coaches would hammer into him that he should throw tons of dump offs to Forte. But he isn't getting it yet.

That could change, but Cutler's history of RB dump offs is what it is.

With Forte vs. PIT and LT up against the Ravens, the "never bench your studs" principle is up against a stiff test this week .

And to answer your question, I did too. I'm going with Kevin Smith and Ray Rice this week plus 3 WRs (including the flex spot). :dunno:

Yeah I watch every Steeler game and rb's like Forte never do well against them. Hopefully he can turn it around against some lesser D's but for now he will ride the pine.

Jees... talk about over reacting over one week. You can't possible have a better option over Forte who was a top pick in most drafts. You have to start him for at least another week or so regardless of the matchups.

Jees... talk about over reacting over one week. You can't possible have a better option over Forte who was a top pick in most drafts. You have to start him for at least another week or so regardless of the matchups.

I disagree. This is a game of matchups and Forte has a horrible one. I feel more comfortable with Percy friggin Harvin vs the Lions or even Bradshaw against Dallas than I do Forte. Steel D f's up rb's like him.

I disagree.

Indeed, I avoided Forte due to his fantasy playoff schedule. He gets Min and Balt during the playoffs. And I'd bench his a$$ for sure those weeks while playing for the money.

I'd start Jamal Lewis over Forte this week with confidence.

Not it's not an overreaction based on him catching ZERO passes last week. PPR was his bread and butter last year and if you can't count on that vs. the Steelers, fuggetaboutit!

With Troy P. out for Pittsburgh and the game being played in Chicago, I'd stick with Forte. Also, Baltimore's defense didn't look too sharp against KC. Baltimore's defense looks like it may have dropped a few levels.

With Troy P. out for Pittsburgh and the game being played in Chicago, I'd stick with Forte. Also, Baltimore's defense didn't look too sharp against KC. Baltimore's defense looks like it may have dropped a few levels.

How did Chris Johnson and LAndwhale do in the 2nd half without Troy in the game? The did nothing!

Uh, KC had 29 yards rushing on the day.

TWENTY NINE.

No thanks.

Not it's not an overreaction based on him catching ZERO passes last week. PPR was his bread and butter last year and if you can't count on that vs. the Steelers, fuggetaboutit!

This is correct. If Cutler isn't going to deliver 50 plus recptions for Forte, he's overvalued this year. His YPC last year was sub 4. He needs those receptions to stay 1st round relevant.

This is correct. If Cutler isn't going to deliver 50 plus recptions for Forte, he's overvalued this year. His YPC last year was sub 4. He needs those receptions to stay 1st round relevant.

Yep, bad pick by me. He will have some good games but he wont live up to his top 5 billing IMO.

I took Forte over MJD. :wall:

But I'm not benching him yet. If that offense starts to click, Forte will kick ass

It's been pointed out, but Chris Johnson, who is similar to Forte but much faster, didn't do squat against the Steelers defense that played 1/2 the game without Polamalu. Both are pass catching backs. Forte didn't do squat against Green Bay...it may be worse vs the Steelers.

Yep, bad pick by me. He will have some good games but he wont live up to his top 5 billing IMO.

I don't think so, but his schedule is really difficult. 2x vs Minny, 2x vs GB, plus Steelers and Ravens...that's 6 tough ones on the schedule. He's still likely a top 10 back, but expectations should be tempered vs those teams.

You drafted this guy as your first pick I assume. Was this for bench decoration? If you had these concerns, why not pass him over on draft day and go for someone else you were more comfortable with?

Play him. You made that bed with the windy city sheets - hop on in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are not going to play the Blessed Sisters of the Poor every week. Great players are "great" because they bring it against any team they face.

Play him.

Sincerely. Mrs. Forte :thumbsup:

I'm from Chicago and still drafted Forte, although reluctantly, at 1.04 (PPR) because I heard cutler doesn't check down. Feeling really uneasy now but will still play him Sunday...60yds and 1-2 scores isn't out of the question...he did get 25 carries and nearly scored...he's looking like RB2 material this year or at least this week...hoping mcfadden plays like an RB1 vs KC...oh well, things could have been worse...I almost took LT...

And to answer your question, I did too. I'm going with Kevin Smith and Ray Rice this week plus 3 WRs (including the flex spot). :thumbsup:

I fail to see how K Smith vs the Vikings is more favorable than Forte vs Steelers.

I fail to see how K Smith vs the Vikings is more favorable than Forte vs Steelers.

because he'll catch the ball?

because he'll catch the ball?

Well he will do it from my bench if he does.

The " plodding " Jamal Lewis of the pre-season (whose stock was dropping and people were ready to proclaim won't even make the team), went over 100 yards combined rushing and receiving against the Vikings. What did the much hyped Chris Johnson do vs. Pittsburgh ?

Also a forte owner.

Starting him gladly, even though I have an OK bench with Ward, Bradshaw, Caddy and Bell just waiting to come and play.

He's a stud, and I don't know if the bears are out of preseason yet. They can't be that aweful every week. Even against Pittsburgh.

It just takes a couple "1st and goals" to make everyone feel better

It just takes a couple "1st and goals" to make everyone feel better

Like these?

1st-8, GB8 7:42 M. Forte rushed to the left for no gain

prior to an incomplete pass then an INT?

or these goal line carries...

3rd-1, GB6 4:33 M. Forte rushed up the middle for 1 yard gain

1st-5, GB5 3:48 M. Forte rushed to the right for 2 yard gain

2nd-3, GB3 3:11 M. Forte rushed to the left for no gain

His only goal line work of the night...only time they got there.

Also, Baltimore's defense didn't look too sharp against KC. Baltimore's defense looks like it may have dropped a few levels.

Based on what? They gave up 10 points to the Chiefs, 159 net passing yards, and 29 rushing yards.

The Chiefs got a blocked punt in the endzone, and ran a Flacco pick back to the 6 yard line, resulting in an eventual TD - You can't really hold Baltimore's D accountable for those 14 points.

The only thing I saw Sunday that worried me about Baltimore was a lack of pass rush and turnovers. They had 3 sacks, and it should have been more. And no turnovers. But as far as yardage and points go, they played a very sound game.

I don't expect big days from any one on the San Diego offense, especially considering how beat up their offensive line was after the Oakland game.

I took Forte from the 5-spot in my draft. I think you have to play your 1st round pick for at least another week, look for a bounce-back game, hope the Bears stick with the running game into the second half this time. Unless you went RB-heavy or did a trade and have a really good option, to put Forte on the bench. You're actually in decent shape with McFadden and Rice. I would not bench him for K Smith or LJ though. I'm going with Forte, M Barber and a WR in the flex. (I have Marshawn waiting in the wings)

I love forte.. watched several of his tulane games..

I'm 100% sure he will come through this year.. Cutler hurt him more than anything.. Once he settles into the new team, forte will produce..

However.. I did bench him in one league for ryan grant, but kept him playing in another league. He will be in the double digits scoring this week

I love forte.. watched several of his tulane games..

I'm 100% sure he will come through this year.. Cutler hurt him more than anything.. Once he settles into the new team, forte will produce..

However.. I did bench him in one league for ryan grant, but kept him playing in another league. He will be in the double digits scoring this week

Cutler is still the QB. He'll keep hurting this week.

Word for word, that was my thought as well. I think I would need more than one week to form the opinion that Forte's pass-catching stats, which had him as a consensus Top 5 pick, will suddenly be adversely affected by Cutler.

And for the record - I have Kevin Smith on my squad (and am strongly considering starting Addai in his place), but not Forte. :sleep:

Listen.......be reasonable.....think rationally.

You do not bench your 1.5 pick this early in the season unless he is injured or on bye, regardless of matchup, particularly for Pursey "Friggin" Harvin getting the ball tossed to him by "Noodle Arm". I understand that it is Detroit as compared to Pitt. But more importantly, it is Forte as compared to Harvin.

Yes, this is the same Forte who has averaged 105 yards from scrimmage during his last 8 home games and put up 126 yards and a TD against Tenn last year and 125 yards and a TD @ Minn.

Play your studs. Don't be silly. You are welcome.

You can't say you can't bench him... especially in this situation, and if you have good alternatives. For example, Portis & Rice are starting over Forte this week for me with confidence.

Benching Forte for Larry Johnson.

Traded Forte for andre johnson...if he aint catching passes he's a low end rb1

Well, I said above you can't bench your first rounder unless you somehow have another top RB to plug in... well I grabbed Buckhalter off the WW and I'm starting (vs. Clev) and kickin Forte to the bench. Not that Buckhalter is "top" necessarily but I like his chances this week to go into double digits compared to Forte. My league is not PPR by the way.

So I guess I'm saying Forte fails the DBYS theory this week and I'm playing matchups instead...

Did even watch the game last week? The reason Forte didn't have any catches was that they kept him in to pick up the blitz. I know that the steelers blitz also but I would look for Forte to have 6-7 receptions. DO NOT sit him!!!!!!

Firstly, I don't own Forte.

Secondly, this thread is the most over-reactionary I have ever seen. If, after one week, you crack smokers want to bench Forte for studs like Larry Johnson, Buckhalter, Ward, Harvin, etc........well, good luck with that. Guys that play matchups with thir studs end up missing out on that unexpected great game and, therefore, the Total Season Production of that player that they paid so dearly for on draft day. This is a dangerous and futile way to play fantasy football.

I remember a similar "chicken little" schenario in week 14 last season in regards to Westy. Everyone on here was "wisely" benching him against the feared NYG defense, in New York. Well, he went off for 203 yards and 2 TD's while riding the pine of most of his owners. I owned him. I played him. I won.

Will Forte have a stinker? Maybe.

Will Forte go off? Perhaps.

Play your healthy studs. Pittsburg is not invinsible.