Sign in to follow this  
Eddie George

just traded PT after his big half

PT for SJax isn't bad (I have both) but I wouldn't have traded Jennings for Welker at least til he actually starts a game. What's your thinking behind those trades? That PT would get reinjured? That Jennings was a sell-high candidate for Welker who's already dinged up?

If it was SJax and Welker for Pierre and Jennings that would be a good trade for both :pointstosky:

who know Pierre may outscore Sjax but you know Sjax gonna get all the love :huh: i would rather have Sjax thats for sure

I'll take the PT Bruiser any day over Steven Jackson. I'll take Jennings any day over Welker as well. PT is on an offensive juggernaut and same with Jennings pretty much. Welker, is 2nd to Moss always.

I am not a big fan of either of these trades. The poster above did say it well that you know S-jax will get all the carries. My concern would be getting all the carries facing 8 in the box may not be that great.

I think the Welker trade is real bad. But it makes it worse after seeing this. Take it for what its worth since it is just one opinion but even without these health issues I would like Jennings over Welker.

Link

Q: So do you think Welker is going to be banged up all season or will this go away eventually? -- Joe (Hartford, Conn.)

A: Joe, my hunch is that he is dealing with some type of swelling in the knee, and the fact that it's happened so early in the season is troubling. It will not surprise me if there comes a point at which Welker is shut down -- maybe around the bye -- with the thinking to have the knee cleaned out so he has a chance to return to full health. This is all speculation on my part based on my feeling that that when a player is dealing with a knee injury and is a game-time decision in Weeks 2 and 3, it's usually not the type of situation that goes away on its own.

Edit- sorry don't know how to paste links. It was from ESPN Boston. Here is the website- http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/columns/s...&id=4515281

I'll take the PT Bruiser any day over Steven Jackson. I'll take Jennings any day over Welker as well. PT is on an offensive juggernaut and same with Jennings pretty much. Welker, is 2nd to Moss always.

:pointstosky:

Looking at 07-current:

Moss (35 out of 35 possible games): 193 rec, 2,783 yards, 34 TD

Welker (33 out of 35 possible games): 235 rec, 2,433 yards, 11 TD

In a .5 PPR league, with 10yards/point and 6 pt TDs:

Moss: 578.5 points

Welker: 426.5 points

I agree. Jennings > Welker. But I think PT and SJax are closer than most think.

My thinking was this:

I didn't put much thought into Welkers injury (although maybe i should have). from what i heard he very nearly played last week which made me believe hes close to healthy. and in a ppr league welker is obviously very valuable if he's at full health. Jennings has been struggling and i don't see it changing soon, Rogers simply has no time to find him and is looking for Driver first almost every play

PT and SJax, well pretty much just a tossup, but since it is a 5 rush ypp/ppr league i gave the edge to sjax. he catches way more balls and racks up way more yards than pierre does (only reached 100 rush yards twice). plus i sjax has seen 8/9 guys in the box his whole career, never stopped him before

but this is ff and nothing ever goes as forecasted

My thinking was this:

I didn't put much thought into Welkers injury (although maybe i should have). from what i heard he very nearly played last week which made me believe hes close to healthy. and in a ppr league welker is obviously very valuable if he's at full health. Jennings has been struggling and i don't see it changing soon, Rogers simply has no time to find him and is looking for Driver first almost every play

PT and SJax, well pretty much just a tossup, but since it is a 5 rush ypp/ppr league i gave the edge to sjax. he catches way more balls and racks up way more yards than pierre does (only reached 100 rush yards twice). plus i sjax has seen 8/9 guys in the box his whole career, never stopped him before

but this is ff and nothing ever goes as forecasted

Let's see......PT was the second leading FF scorer in just about any system this past week.......only playing one half.......with SEVERE flu symptoms. Trading him for a guy who plays on a team with a crappy offense that rarely scores TDs is a BIG mistake. PT will be top five the rest of the way......bank on it!

Let's see......PT was the second leading FF scorer in just about any system this past week.......only playing one half.......with SEVERE flu symptoms. Trading him for a guy who plays on a team with a crappy offense that rarely scores TDs is a BIG mistake. PT will be top five the rest of the way......bank on it!

And if it is at all possible the Rams offense got worse with the injuries they had this past weekend.

I'd take the other guys side. Give me Thomas and Jennings anyday over SJax and Welker. SJax's situation is so awful, it makes him nothing special at all. And Welker may not be healthy at all this year.

Not sure why you felt the need to post this. Did you feel you got a steal and were coming to brag? Are you insecure? Whatever it is, I don't like your side of it. Good luck.

PT has the distinct advantage of playing on offense for the best passing attack since Air Coryell... He will be facing six and seven man fronts all season, plus he is just as much a threat out of the backfield than Jackson. With NO building big leads, they'll be looking to pound the rock plenty late in games. The Rams will be passing plenty and often.

The only concern now is health of that knee.

Maybe you can make an argument for SJax over the Frenchman.. but i'll always take a guy on a better offense. In a PPR, SJax is a beast.. but it's a just about "when" will he get hurt rather than an "if". The guy hasn't played nearly a full season in ages. The fact that the Lambs have nothing of quality at the other RBs, is a bad thing for SJax & his owners.. not a good thing. So the injury argument in favor of Jackson isn't a great one.

I also like Jennings a lot better than Welker. Brady will likely get it going.. but right now he's still shaking off the rust.. and he still looks a little worried about the knee. I can't believe guys are that worried about Jennings after three weeks. He's just one 2 TD explosion game from being a top 5-6 guy again. I love DD.. but you have to figure GB will do something to buy Rodgers a little more time & get Jennings invloved. The guy has elite talent IMO.

Good luck with it though dude. I'm not wishing any ill will on ya!

:pointstosky:

Not sure why you felt the need to post this. Did you feel you got a steal and were coming to brag? Are you insecure? Whatever it is, I don't like your side of it. Good luck.

After he called me an idiot I was just curious what you guys thought, nothin more. hopefully it works out

After he called me an idiot I was just curious what you guys thought, nothin more. hopefully it works out

I wouldn't have done this trade, but wouldn't call you an idiot...not even close.

You're banking on PT not performing to level of his 1 half of action and that SJax will get his, particularly in ppr.

Classic sell high, buy low trading.

Again, my expectations of the players involved differs from yours, but if you feel the way you do about how they'll perform here on out, solid thinking.

SJax hasn't found the endzone yet, and the Rams aren't likely to put him in position to do so very often. However, your scoring system probably makes him a little more valuable/reliable than Thomas.

Green Bay has a great looking schedule through week 12, but Jennings' lack of catches/looks is concerning. I am considering trading him, but I wouldn't trade him for even a healthy Welker (but I don't play PPR).

Green Bay has a great looking schedule through week 12, but Jennings' lack of catches/looks is concerning. I am considering trading him, but I wouldn't trade him for even a healthy Welker (but I don't play PPR).

Welkers value def doubles in ppr leagues. if you aren't playing ppr i would hold onto jennings. you know he is going to catch his long ball or two almost every game even if he doesn't get a lot of targets especially with the easy schedule

On paper it looks like you ripped this guy off. On the field you will regret trading Pierre. He isnt a one half wonder. Check out the last 10 games he's played................... BEAST

We need a new phrase for buying low when the player in question is going to remian low. It's like buying a stock right before they cancel it. Congrats, you bought low. And you lost.

Results from my league this week

SJAX - 20 points

PT - 30 points

Welker - 11

Jennings - 6

lost on this week.... but i play the owner i traded with, so he has both PT and jennings on a bye while im starting sjax and welker... i'm lovin the trade :overhead: