Sign in to follow this  
The Hood

Tony Homo didn't know his last play was 4th down?

DENVER - Was Tony Romo2.gif confused during the final play of Sunday's Cowboys game against the Denver Broncos?

Video shot by FOX 4 photographer Larry Rodriguez seems to show a confused Cowboys quarterback during a crucial moment. (This video will be posted only a short time online due to NFL regulations.)

During the final seconds of the game, Romo motions his linemen to get ready for the next play, then holds up three fingers, as if he thought the team had just completed the third down play.

But when he learns that the previous play was actually the fourth -- and last -- chance for the Cowboys, Romo reacts with a curse.

Romo tried twice to throw to receiver Sam Hurd to tie the score, but both attempts were incomplete. The Cowboys lost to the Broncos 17-10.

Romo has not yet spoken with reporters about whether there was any confusion on the field.

video in left corner

Certainly not a normal reaction to already having lost the game there. :unsure: Wouldn't be a surprise. :dunno:

forgot about the spike on first down..that would be my guess....either way..great leader :unsure:

he is nothing without Jessica

Would he have thrown the ball differently ?

He ran the plays that were called, and the balls were perfect, Bailey just had awesome closing speed to get his hand in there.

The coaches had terrible play calling at the end, Witten should've been targeted.

Maybe he thought he was still putting for birdie? :thumbsup:

Maybe he thought he was still putting for birdie? :thumbsup:

what if it was a par 3 :dunno:

He ran the plays that were called, and the balls were perfect, Bailey just had awesome closing speed to get his hand in there.

Perfectly thrown balls do not get batted down. Period. If you make a 'perfect throw' and it still gets batted down, you made the wrong read and it shouldn't have been thrown to that receiver.

The play call doesn't tell a quarterback a specific receiver he MUST throw to. There are progressions. He either made bad throws or didn't go through his progressions.

Perfectly thrown balls do not get batted down. Period. If you make a 'perfect throw' and it still gets batted down, you made the wrong read and it shouldn't have been thrown to that receiver.

i kinda agree. a ball can be well thrown and be batted down. but a perfectly thrown ball finds its target - up to the wr to catch it from there.

and with two TE's who stand 6'6" and 6'5 respectfully (one of them a pro bowler and probable future hof'er) why in the hell we threw two balls to sam hurd is beyond me - nother example of poor coaching........ nother example was our use of the clock that final minute or so. we had plenty of time to get off the play on 2nd down - but we fk'd around, wasted about 8 seconds and had to spike it.

The play call doesn't tell a quarterback a specific receiver he MUST throw to. There are progressions. He either made bad throws or didn't go through his progressions.

Wow dude, are you talking about Fantasy Football here ? Did you see the last plays ?

Have you ever played the game/ coached the game, or just sat around with your jersey on on Sundays ?

You're saying a defender can't make a great play on a perfectly thrown ball ?

You're saying a QB can't have a #1 read and only a #1 read ?

Not sure how many progressions there are on a goalline quick slant with seconds left, and everyone's in blocking (see TEs). :thumbsdown:

the best Te in the NFL was held back and forced to block twice at the end of that game.

I repeat the Best TE named Witten was blocking on two crucial plays and the ball went to the cowboy's 4th WR who was covered by a top ten defensive back not once but twice. No wonder dallas lost. The dallas coaches should be fired.

the best Te in the NFL was held back and forced to block twice at the end of that game.

I repeat the Best TE named Witten was blocking on two crucial plays and the ball went to the cowboy's 4th WR who was covered by a top ten defensive back not once but twice. No wonder dallas lost. The dallas coaches should be fired.

Let me guess......the best coach in football is Wade Phillips. Terrell Owens sucks because he is not a Cowboy. Marion Barber is only able to start with his thigh bruise because he is the running back for "America's Team." Al Davis would be considered a great owner if only he owned the Cowboys and not the Raiders. You probably even think the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders are the best looking too, huh?

Let me guess......the best coach in football is Wade Phillips. Terrell Owens sucks because he is not a Cowboy. Marion Barber is only able to start with his thigh bruise because he is the running back for "America's Team." Al Davis would be considered a great owner if only he owned the Cowboys and not the Raiders. You probably even think the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders are the best looking too, huh?

Wade phillips? Dude, I hate wade. He needs to get fired. My post was clear that I think the dallas coaches need to get fired. Did you read?

here we go

notice above I said dallas coaches should get fired for bad coaching.. that means wade. Not real hard. Next time read before you post.

DCC girls are the best looking.. :thumbsdown:

Wade phillips? Dude, I hate wade. He needs to get fired. My post was clear that I think the dallas coaches need to get fired. Did you read?

here we go

notice above I said dallas coaches should get fired for bad coaching.. that means wade. Not real hard. Next time read before you post.

DCC girls are the best looking.. :doublethumbsup:

Dude. It's a joke. I bet you were the only one on here that didn't see the humor in my post. I enjoy reading your posts but your love affair with the Cowboys is comical to me. All the power to you.......you are a true fan!

Dude. It's a joke. I bet you were the only one on here that didn't see the humor in my post. I enjoy reading your posts but your love affair with the Cowboys is comical to me. All the power to you.......you are a true fan!

snootches :doublethumbsup:

Wow dude, are you talking about Fantasy Football here ? Did you see the last plays ?

Have you ever played the game/ coached the game, or just sat around with your jersey on on Sundays ?

You're saying a QB can't have a #1 read and only a #1 read ?

Not sure how many progressions there are on a goalline quick slant with seconds left, and everyone's in blocking (see TEs). :thumbsdown:

:doh:

You're saying a defender can't make a great play on a perfectly thrown ball ? Yep.

You're saying a QB can't have a #1 read and only a #1 read ? Most of the time, yes... well maybe except for Jamarmcus

I guess you can call it a perfect incompletion if it makes you feel better. Meanwhile us irrational folk will think that comment within itself alone sounds like an oxy-plasmageorge. I know that in my mind... in football, a perfect throw normally yields perfect results... or else the throw ain't perfect.

I guess you can call it a perfect incompletion if it makes you feel better. Meanwhile us irrational folk will think that comment within itself alone sounds like an oxy-plasmageorge. I know that in my mind... in football, a perfect throw normally yields perfect results... or else the throw ain't perfect.

please

an incompletion won't be labeled a "perfect play" because obviously it wasn't perfect for what could be any number of reasons, but a "perfect pass" does not have to result in a completion. A perfect pass can be flat out dropped by the WR, it happens all the time. It can also be flat out batted down by a great defensive play.

Im not going to say that Romo made perfect passes, and im no Romo supporter.. but many times I see it where a QB throws a ball where you would think only his WR could make a play on it, but the defender makes an amazing play and tips it away. The ball couldn't have been placed anythwere else or the WR wouldn't have been able to get to it.

and while most passing plays have a progression for the QB to go through, there are instances where plays will be called specifically to go to the first read. For example, on an obvious passing down when the offensive coordinator reads a heavy blitz and wants to get the ball out quickly on a slant pattern.

The coaches had terrible play calling at the end, Witten should've been targeted.

He may have handled the play differently, had he known it was 4th down. If he thought it was third down, maybe he threw that crappy quick slant so that if it didn't work he'd have time for one more play. I'm not saying that is what was going through his head, but it is possible. Remember, there was 1 second left after the incompletion on 4th down (what he thought was 3rd down). Maybe if he knew it was 4th down, he would have taken more time finding an open receiver knowing it was the last play and not have forced that ball in there.

:doublethumbsup:

A perfectly thrown ball is, by definition, one that only the WR can get to. If the DB can bat it down, then it's not perfect.

People were ragging on MCNabb last year because he didn't know the league's overtime rule. Romo didn't even know what freakin' down it was. That is Pop Warner-level idiocy. Unreal!!

I love how Cowboys fans are blaming that game on the Coaches. Watch both of the last two plays again, except this time look at the WR on the top of the screen...to Romo's left. He has the same quick slant called. He is wide open, twice. The plays don't come with a single WR to throw the ball to. The play came in, a double slant. Romo brought the offense up to the line and began to read the defense. Romo, for some odd reason, decided pre-snap that his best bet was to go at one of the best cover corners in the history of the NFL with his worst WR. This happened twice. The focking safety was even cheating to Champs side. The Coach had the right play called both times (a wide open WR in the endzone that Romo missed), Romo was just an idiot for his pre-snap reads on both plays.