Sign in to follow this  
berven

Brett or Jesus Christ?

I hadn't watched MNF since the middle of last season, but I didn't want to miss the GB-MN game. Some posters here had warned of the shameless fawning over Favre that we were likely to hear, but I failed to heed the admonition to turn the sound off. To listen to the MNF trio, you'd think that it was Christ who had taken over for Tarvaris.

I was really disgusted with what I heard. Based on the endless Favre blabber by Tirico, Gruden, and Jaws--the tributes to his boyish enthusiasm, the featurettes and photos, the stats and Fun Fax--I gathered that they feel he is worthy not merely of admiration but of veneration. I would have turned it off, but I kept thinking they'd stop; instead, it only got worse, as they trotted out the videos and recollections that would have remained in the closet had Favre faltered. Was the radio commentary on Westwood One just as bad? I thought the TV commentary barely counted as reporting. At the end of the 3rd quarter, Tirico raved that Favre had done it again, winning big on a national stage. A moment later, perhaps prompted by the director, he hastily added that there was still a quarter to go. With the Pack down by 14, he circled the W way too soon.

I've criticized Favre for his insatiable lust for attention, and I still think he's the most sef-admiring figure in sports. However, last night did show me the other side of it. All the adoring sycophants have helped to create this monster. They should build a Temple of Favre at the Favre birthplace in Kiln where all the devotees can go to light candles and pay homage. I just don't want those devotees broadcasting his games.

Favre did play a helluva game, I'll grant. The Packers contained Peterson and dared Brett to beat them, which he did. I just don't think it compares with the loaves-and-fishes thing.

Favre did play a helluva game, I'll grant.

This.

Don't disagree with the rest of the post, but the Favre-makes-me-vomit-in-my-mouth thing is getting as old as the fawning.

Not a fan nor a hater, but willing to give the old man props for a great game on the big stage.

Jesus runs a 2.3 40 and benches 5000 pounds. I would go with Jesus.

but isnt able to hold on to the football....

push

I will take Brett since he is real!

:thumbsdown:

Check with pretty much any historian of that time. I'd say almost all agree that Jesus was very real. Whether you believe in what the Bible tells you he is.........that's up to you.

I'd say Brett because Jesus was a carpentar by trade.

Check with pretty much any historian of that time.

Do you have a phone number or an email address I could reach one at?

Do you have a phone number or an email address I could reach one at?

To clarify, historians (in 2009) which study that time.

If you want to crown his ass, then crown his ass!

Ok, this was funny! :thumbsdown:

For those who are taking this seriously, I found this:

Scouting Report -Draft Class of 0 - Prospect: Jesus Christ

The book on Jesus says that he's not the most physically skilled player at the position of Quarterback but shows outstanding leadership qualities. Has show the ability to perform despite being hurt and apparently has an incredible pain threshold. Having run the spread offense at Holy Cross, we're not sure his game translates to the pro level but he has the longest term potential of any prospect we've ever seen being that career will likely last forever. Had good 40 and short shuttle times at the combine despite wearing a pair of borrowed sandals. His vertical was best we've ever seen, not in the fact it was that high, but the guy just seemed to hover forever. Majored in carpentry/theology at school and has the highest intellect we've ever seen on the Wonderlich test. Will likely be a solid backup for a few years then inherit the kingdom forever after that.

bible says don't argue with a non believer so i'll just pray for you

Bible cant possibly say that.............Christians are the most argumentative people on the planet.It is impossible for them to accept the opinion of an atheist, agnostic or believer of another major religion without them attempting to proselytize.

Bible cant possibly say that.............Christians are the most argumentative people on the planet.It is impossible for them to accept the opinion of an atheist, agnostic or believer of another major religion without them attempting to proselytize.

I'm thinking you're confusing us with Mormons...and we can accept the opinions of everybody who believe differently than us...we just know they're wrong and going to hell, that's all.

I'm thinking you're confusing us with Mormons...and we can accept the opinions of everybody who believe differently than us...we just know they're wrong and going to hell, that's all.

Hell does not exist. You just proved my point.

For the record, you dont know. You believe. You have no proof to support your claim. It is this arrogance that makes people despise them.

For the record, you dont know. You believe. You have no proof to support your claim. It is this arrogance that makes people despise them.

This is a topic for the Geek board, but you're right. However, I have no proof that gravity or love both exist either, yet my feet stay firmly on the ground (or in most cases my butt in my chair) and i cannot image the pain my heart would feel without my wife in life. but i sleep better at night knowing that I have the courage to believe in things I cannot necessarily see.

This is a topic for the Geek board, but you're right. However, I have no proof that gravity or love both exist either, yet my feet stay firmly on the ground (or in most cases my butt in my chair) and i cannot image the pain my heart would feel without my wife in life. but i sleep better at night knowing that I have the courage to believe in things I cannot necessarily see.

There is proof of the existence of love and gravity. Not so much for your god. :cheers:

Here we go........

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: jgcrawfish.

· View this post

· Un-ignore jgcrawfish

:dunno:

There is proof of the existence of love and gravity. Not so much for your god. :mad:

Here we go........

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: jgcrawfish.

· View this post

· Un-ignore jgcrawfish

:dunno:

I assume that this proof would be from the same source that said that Miles Austin is the steal of the draft? :cheers:

You mean they aren't the same person?

Pfft... Brett has chunks of guys like Jesus in his stool.

It's this time of polarization that causes most of the religious arguments in the first place. All religions take a certain amount of faith, some make more sense to some people than others. For example, while from my perspective Mormonism looks a bit strange taken on a literal level, the same could be said of people of varying perspectives about almost any religion taken on a literal level.

Even more arguments over things that can never be said for sure... there are many instances metaphorically where hell can very much exist, but I won't go there.

Love is a word that is correlated with an emotion that can have an entirely different connotation/denotation depending on its cultural usage and perspective. So I guess I agree w/ you that love and religion are similar in the ambiguity depending on perspective, but to say there's no proof of it is questioning... again compared to a several thousand year old book of allegory imo.

I agree to a certain extent on the gravity part, mostly because I view science to be as much of a religion as Christianity. The never ending search for truth/knowledge based on observation if you will.

I believe in God, Tom Brady, the United States of America and the fact that the US will win the World Cup in my lifetime.

I also believe in Quantum physics/mysticism which says we are all connected. We just see ourselves as individual beings, plants, gusts of wind, rocks, cars, houses.

What the Bleep Do We Know

Quantum Mysticism

The universe is best seen as constructed from thought (or ideas) rather than from substance.

"Empty space" is not empty.

Matter is not solid. Electrons pop in and out of existence and it is unknown where they disappear to.

Beliefs about who one is and what is real form oneself and one's realities.

Interesting stuff helps me cope.

if you didn't want this to turn into a religion board than you shouldn't of put my lord/fathers name on it (JESUS CHRIST)

1st off i'm not religious i'm spritual...you people (nonbelievers) are lost..!!! the bible says your either for me or against me

so if your not for him you might as well be a devil worshipper...!!! you say jesus doesn't exist ,but it's by faith...the definition

evidence not seen....the bible says it's impossible to please god without faith...

peace....!!!

if you didn't want this to turn into a religion board than you shouldn't of put my lord/fathers name on it (JESUS CHRIST)

1st off i'm not religious i'm spritual...you people (nonbelievers) are lost..!!! the bible says your either for me or against me so if your not for him you might as well be a devil worshipper...!!! you say jesus doesn't exist ,but it's by faith...the definition

evidence not seen....the bible says it's impossible to please god without faith...

peace....!!!

Wow. I consider myself a "believer", but you are probably the biggest azzhole I've seen on these boards.

Somebody please lock this thread before it gets even more stupid!

hosea 4:5 my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge

read your bibles...!!! you might even get saved & make it to heaven

:overhead: JESUS :overhead:

:pointstosky:

No argument from me on this one.

As for MNF fawning over Favre, it was disgusting.

Jesus and it isn't even close.

Jesus was known as a carpenter only because he threw the football so hard, they called him the nail driver.

Jesus played FF one season, benched Stephen Davis every week and still won the league by 1,000,000 points.

Jesus retired once, came back just to say goodbye to his starters and then went to the Hall of Fame.

Jesus could complete 100% of his passes while his receiver was being covered by Revis, Bailey and Asomugha AT THE SAME TIME.

I don't think it's even close:

1. Favre never missed a start. Jesus was out for at least one weekend. Edge: Favre

2. Jesus talked a good game about honoring thy father, but Favre actually went out and threw for 399 yards and 4 TDs in the Monday Night game after his father's death. Edge: Favre

3. Favre never had a teammate try to throw a game or shave points. Jesus had Judas. Edge: Favre

4. Jesus merely rebuked Satan. Favre overcame the Madden Football Cover Curse. Edge: Favre

5. Favre came back in our lifetime. Edge: Favre

It's this time of polarization that causes most of the religious arguments in the first place. All religions take a certain amount of faith, some make more sense to some people than others. For example, while from my perspective Mormonism looks a bit strange taken on a literal level, the same could be said of people of varying perspectives about almost any religion taken on a literal level.

Even more arguments over things that can never be said for sure... there are many instances metaphorically where hell can very much exist, but I won't go there.

Love is a word that is correlated with an emotion that can have an entirely different connotation/denotation depending on its cultural usage and perspective. So I guess I agree w/ you that love and religion are similar in the ambiguity depending on perspective, but to say there's no proof of it is questioning... again compared to a several thousand year old book of allegory imo.

I agree to a certain extent on the gravity part, mostly because I view science to be as much of a religion as Christianity. The never ending search for truth/knowledge based on observation if you will.

My statement about "we know we're right and the rest of you are going to hell" was tongue-in-cheek. I'm barely even religious, but open to the possibility that the world and reality is bigger than I and quite possibly beyond my capabilities for understanding. However, I'm wise enough to acknowledge the idea that just because I believe something doesn't it make it a fact, or even correct AND just because I cannot see or comprehend something does not negate it's existence.

That being said... Jesus > Favre because I'm pretty sure that the ability to walk on water and power to part seas would probably open up mean holes for some QB scrambles.

Jesus Saves, passes to Moses. He shoots. He scores! :doublethumbsup:

I think I want Jesus on my fantasy basketball team :pointstosky:

Here's hoping ole Jesus is better at football than he was at hockey. He had to quit that fine sport after one short season...

He kept getting nailed to the boards.

Here's hoping ole Jesus is better at football than he was at hockey. He had to quit that fine sport after one short season...

He kept getting nailed to the boards.

OMG :doublethumbsup: that was sick...funny...but sick. Lake of Fire for you!!!

1. Favre never missed a start. Jesus was out for at least one weekend. Edge: Favre

2. Jesus talked a good game about honoring thy father, but Favre actually went out and threw for 399 yards and 4 TDs in the Monday Night game after his father's death. Edge: Favre

3. Favre never had a teammate try to throw a game or shave points. Jesus had Judas. Edge: Favre

4. Jesus merely rebuked Satan. Favre overcame the Madden Football Cover Curse. Edge: Favre

Brilliant.

Thats the funniest stuff I ever read on here. Great job! :bandana: