Sign in to follow this  
Striker99

Bernard Scott

I would avoid the bengals rb's if possible. Benson's their guy but if the injury lingers they will want a reliable back. When Benson gets back their likely going to rest him at times also. LJ has history as a starting back and although his recent history is not good a lot of that blame may be KC team related. I believe the Bengals would like a snapshot to see if LJ can help. This is the time while Benson heals. I think all three RB's get in the act this weekend to find the best alternative to Benson. The Bengals like Scott on KO's and if LJ can do the job then keeping Scott on KO's and using LJ to rest Benson or as an alternative may make the team better. Everyone may be right that Scott gets his chance but, I'm skeptical and would opt for another RB this weekend. I think LJ is more in the mix than Lewis will admit.

If Benson is inactive, Bernard Scott runs and catches and runs wild! 20+ fantasy points is my prediction.

Thanks to the Ronnie Brown and Michael Turner double-whammy I'm starting Scott (and Beanie Wells) this week, although I wouldn't say I have a ton of confidence going into this one. But it seems like there's enough upside here to make it worth a one-week gamble. I don't see LJ stealing that many carries with him having just signed on.

Oakland is bad enough and you have to remember how good suck-a$$ Cedric Benson was looking in their offense. I see no reason Scott can't have a big day...if he gets enough carries.

Just traded for McNabb and got scrub Tanard Choice as fillert to make # of players even, debating on picking up Scott or Foresett, but leaning to Forsett because he seems to have the longer value......would you agree?

If Benson is inactive, Bernard Scott runs and catches and runs wild! 20+ fantasy points is my prediction.

I hope you are correct sir :doublethumbsup: But since you said it i am starting Scott with confidence :wave:

i am benching Marshawn Lynch so all of you who have Lynch should start him because i am sure he now will get 100+ and atleast 2 TDs <_<

If I lose I am out. Benson picked the wrong time to be hurt. I am going to start Scott over bradshaw and forsett, but I am worried that LJ comes in and pounds the rock all day...do you guys really think Scott will get the bulk of the load tomororw? Cincy homers?

If I lose I am out. Benson picked the wrong time to be hurt. I am going to start Scott over bradshaw and forsett, but I am worried that LJ comes in and pounds the rock all day...do you guys really think Scott will get the bulk of the load tomororw? Cincy homers?

everything i read and watch seem to think LJ will get 5-6 carries at most just to get comfortable with the offense. I just want to see Scott get around 20 touches and get some decent yardage and if he gets in the endzone thats a plus :rolleyes: NAH he better get 128 yards and 3 TDs :shocking:

I think he'll have a Jamal Charles type game from last week.... he'll pick up a stick and a touch, couple grabs.... solid day....

What makes this situation even more confusing is that the Bengals have said that Scott will be returning kicks.

Rarely do RBs get the double duty, and I would find it even more concerning that a Rook would be expected to get a bulk of the carries and return duty.

Sorry to throw a wrench in the plans for those like myself that are on the fence with this start, but the "return duty" assignment seems to be the most compelling fact that has me looking at other options, and staying away from this head scratcher all together.

I have this same choice. I'm waffling between them...

I also am going w/ Scott over Mccoy if Ced is out

What makes this situation even more confusing is that the Bengals have said that Scott will be returning kicks.

Rarely do RBs get the double duty, and I would find it even more concerning that a Rook would be expected to get a bulk of the carries and return duty.

Sorry to throw a wrench in the plans for those like myself that are on the fence with this start, but the "return duty" assignment seems to be the most compelling fact that has me looking at other options, and staying away from this head scratcher all together.

Scott returns KO, so how many do you think Oakland is going to have? 1, maybe 2

Just traded for McNabb and got scrub Tanard Choice as fillert to make # of players even, debating on picking up Scott or Foresett, but leaning to Forsett because he seems to have the longer value......would you agree?

Forsett is nothimg more then a third down change of pace and will never be more then this , while Scott has a good chance of being a featured back someday .

Scott returns KO, so how many do you think Oakland is going to have? 1, maybe 2

Really good point.

Also as a courtesy to the Cheifs and the NFL, LJ will have to do some time before he gets out of the doghouse.

Scott is the man today. 2 td's 130 rush, 44 rec. Start with confidence!

CBS Sports play-by-play announcer Kevin Harlan, who is calling the Bengals-Raiders game Sunday, reported on Fantasy Football Today that the Bengals will start RB Bernard Scott and that Larry Johnson will see "five to 10 snaps." Brian Leonard will also see playing time for the Bengals.

(Updated 11/22/2009).

Analysis

Figure Scott to have a shot at 15 touches with Leonard and Johnson getting less than that. Scott is at best a top-end No. 3. Johnson and Leonard are at best low-end No. 3 options.

he better start dam it :thumbsdown: