Sign in to follow this  
Striker99

Bernard Scott

7-2 Bengals play OAK this week....is Bernard Scott worth starting if he gets the nod (Benson out)?

7-2 Bengals play OAK this week....is Bernard Scott worth starting if he gets the nod (Benson out)?

Obviously depending on your options.

Im considering starting him over Kevin Smith (even with smith going against Cleveland), Betts, and Forsett (against Minn, thats not a tough call).

Depends on who you are sitting. If Scott is named the starter, I will be playing him over Lynch this week in my Flex position. He has big play ability, but even if he starts, I don't anticipate 20+ carries. I also expect him not to be in at the goal line...

Depends on who you are sitting. If Scott is named the starter, I will be playing him over Lynch this week in my Flex position. He has big play ability, but even if he starts, I don't anticipate 20+ carries. I also expect him not to be in at the goal line...

i waivered him in 2 leagues and if Benson is out im gonna play him over Lynch as well i think. I know CBS has him projected for 14 points and he has a good chance to get that if he does start against the Oakland Defense. :doublethumbsup:

Struggling to choose between him and J Stewart. Unfortunately I have to make that decision by 7:20CST tomorrow night.

Struggling to choose between him and J Stewart. Unfortunately I have to make that decision by 7:20CST tomorrow night.

that really sucks :banana: The safe bet is Stewart but as soon as you do that Scott will start and score 3 TDs :thumbsdown:

If Cedric Benson is out, then I have to choose three between Bernard Scott, Kevin Smith, L. McCoy, and Reggie Bush. They all have good matchups. :thumbsdown:

benson/scott owner and i will be checking the inactives sunday before the 3pm game. dont know why they'd announce it any earlier.

Leonard

If LJ is active he will get the carries. If not then Leonard will.

No way Scott gets any goal line carries.

Just watched some video of scott on you tube. Lets put it this way, if scott gets the start against Oakland I'm starting him over Slaton. Scott looks like he could tear the raiders a new one.. :music_guitarred:

I've got a gaggle of the same type of RB as Scott to decide on for one spot. Scott, Snelling, Charles and Forsett. Right now I've got Snelling in there, but I will probably go Scott if he starts after seeing what Charles did to Oak last week (30 points in my PPR + Return Yardage league).

I wonder if Scott will return kicks if he's starting.

I will play him as my #2 over McCoy if Benson is out.

I have this same choice. I'm waffling between them...

I have this same choice. I'm waffling between them...

We luck out since Philly plays Sunday night, so we'll know if Benson is OUT prior to having to pick

I'd love to get Scott into my line-up but I have no idea who to sit.... we start 3 Rb 3 Wr and a flex in my redraft but i'm pretty stacked Gore, Forte, Mendenhall, Ocho, Sims-Walker, Austin, Colston.....

I'm leaning towards maybe MSW cause buffalo is pretty stingy against Wr's.... or maybe Austin since the Skins are ranked 1 against the pass ? not sure how much of that is smoke and mirrors.... hard to sit any of these cats.... I dunno :doh:

Benson/Scott owner. I honestly don't expect Benson to play this weekend. The Bengals are up against Oakland, a team they should beat without too much trouble. It just wouldn't be smart to risk further injury to your workhorse back against a cupcake opponent. They have a comfortable lead in the division so the game is not a must-win by any means.

Nevertheless I'll continue to track the situation up until Sunday. But for now I'm starting Scott and praying that LJ doesn't get more than about 5 carries.

Does anyone like Bernard Scott above Pierre Thomas if Scott is the definite starter? I think there's a very good argument for that position. That's another question I face in another league...

I will probably go Scott if he starts after seeing what Charles did to Oak last week (30 points in my PPR + Return Yardage league).

Isn't this the post that says it all? Scott=Jamal Charles last week. Both are smaller, but burners, and both have a fresh legs. Both can catch the ball out of the backfield and both kick return. Oakland is the opponent this week that Charles faced last week.

I'd have to say, confidently start Scott who plays for a much better offense than Kansas City. The big question is does he also still take kick returns? If he does then you are looking at a solid 15 points in PPR leagues. Say 3 catches, 30 yards, 12 runs 50 yards and a few points from kick returns. That's just if he only does mediocre. If he gets say 100 total yards, some kick return yards and a TD you are looking at 22-25 pts.

Seems like a solid safe start this week.

I don't know if I'd start him over Kevin Smith, but I would start him over anybody like Charles, or Forsett with much tougher matchups.

IMHO I love guys with fresh legs late in the season. Think Ron Dayne a few years ago.

Who is Marvin Lewis kidding...he brought LJ into Cincy so he can start and take over the starting role because Benson has no durability. The Bengals have a chance to make the playoffs and he doesn't want to blow it because he doesn't have a RB that can play all 16 games. Barring any craziness, I say Scott starts this weekend and LJ ends up getting the bulk of the carries including goal line.

This week, yes, he will start and if I can get him I will start him. For the rest of the season I don't know. I guess it depends on how he does when he gets the opportunity.

IMHO LJ is insurance if Scott doesn't pan out as a starter or Benson is out for awhile.

I've got a gaggle of the same type of RB as Scott to decide on for one spot. Scott, Snelling, Charles and Forsett. Right now I've got Snelling in there, but I will probably go Scott if he starts after seeing what Charles did to Oak last week (30 points in my PPR + Return Yardage league).

One thing is for certain: anytime you have a gaggle of anything, it's a good thing. But I digress...with Ronnie Brown's injury kicking my flex spot in the balls I'm down to deciding between Ladell Betts (@ Dallas) and my newly acquired Bernard Scott (@ Oak) this week. With Betts' ceiling limited to 80 yards and (maybe) a TD, I may just flash some cajones and roll the dice on the unproven Scott out in Oaktown! Let's fire up the hype train and get her rolling!!! Choo Chooooooo!

I have to chose between Scott,LT and Beanie...######. I think I'm going with Wells

I'd rank Wells 3rd on that list personally and decide b/w LT and Scott. Granted it's against the Rams and Wells had a good game last week but only MJD and Julius Jones (week 1 mind you) have gone over 100 against them - and that includes AP, Portis, Grant. Not saying he won't score but they usually pass like crazy against the Rams.

Raider fan here... That team has given up and Bernard Scott is going to tear them a new one. Whoever has the man and doesn't start him will be doing this Sunday afternoon...

:music_guitarred: :overhead: :lol:

Report: Benson likely out for Raiders game

Benson

According to NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora, Cedric Benson (hip) is unlikely to play against the Raiders this week after missing a second straight practice Thursday.

Benson's teammates have also said they would be surprised if he plays. LaCanfora's source says Larry Johnson has received plenty of practice reps and could see a "significant role" at Oakland. We remain skeptical that LJ will have much of an impact and believe that Bernard Scott is the back to start in fantasy leagues as a RB2/flex this week. Nov. 19 - 4:29 pm et

Source: NFL.com

i picked up Scott in a couple of leagues. But the Bengals and Raiders game is a 4:15 and the rest of my backs games are at 1:00 so if i put Scott in and Benson does play im screwed :angry:

Just posted on rotoworld:

Larry Johnson admitted Friday that he won't see much playing time against the Raiders even if Cedric Benson (hip) sits out.

Benson owners take a huge hit

oakland sucks against the run and Scott is bound to have a 100 - 150 yard game with a score or 2. meaning him getting snaps when benson comes back.

Who is Marvin Lewis kidding...he brought LJ into Cincy so he can start and take over the starting role because Benson has no durability. The Bengals have a chance to make the playoffs and he doesn't want to blow it because he doesn't have a RB that can play all 16 games. Barring any craziness, I say Scott starts this weekend and LJ ends up getting the bulk of the carries including goal line.

Of course .... AHAHHAHAhhahahahahhHAHHAAh.

Your so funny LJ is done and redone , he could nt even run for a 2,5 ypc in KC.

LJ does NOT = better than Benson. Not right now anyways. This post was just plain silly

i picked up Scott in a couple of leagues. But the Bengals and Raiders game is a 4:15 and the rest of my backs games are at 1:00 so if i put Scott in and Benson does play im screwed :angry:

I have the same dilema and am rolling the dice with Scott :nono:

If we pull a Belichick and lose by overcoaching, to he!! with it! :unsure:

Good luck!

I have the same dilema and am rolling the dice with Scott :nono:

If we pull a Belichick and lose by overcoaching, to he!! with it! :unsure:

Good luck!

I'm with ya. Benson won't play. Even if he is somehow active, I don't see him playing.

looks like they have listed Benson as doubtful. Everything else i read it sounds like Benson want to play. If i was him and the Bengals just signed Larry Johnson id probably want to play also. :thumbsup:

im gonna start Bernard Scott this weekend and hope like hell that Benson does not play and LJ does not get involved to much. I have no other RB options for those late games and i am sick of Marshawn Lynch's crap so he is riding the pine :bench:

from CBS website:

Cedric Benson, RB CIN

News: The Bengals listed RB Cedric Benson as doubtful for Week 11 at Oakland after the star running back missed a week of practice. Benson said he's a game-time decision, but all signs point to him missing the game. Rookie Bernard Scott, third-down back Brian Leonard and newly signed veteran rusher Larry Johnson are all expected to share the workload in place of Benson, though Johnson told reporters Friday that he anticipates playing but "wouldn't expect to get a heavy load." Head coach Marvin Lewis didn't say much on the matter but did indicate that Scott would also return kicks, which is atypical of a running back who takes on a lot of carries. Lewis also said that he's been impressed with how quickly Johnson has adjusted with his new team. "He's done really well. I think he's been able to make the adjustments very quickly and I've been pleased," Lewis said. "The main thing is he can't be able to handicap the play caller."

Huh. I actually thought they'd truck Benson out there this week, but it makes sense not to risk anything against the Raiders. I feel like I should put Scott into my lineup but I'm not sure about him over Kevin Smith's one chance for excellence or NYG Steve Smith, the only reasonable options for replacement. Good to get a little clarity before the weekend, at least.

Hm. I don't like that coach says that Scott will still return kicks; that doesn't make sense. Pick 2 RBs:

MJD - duh.

Bernard Scott @ OAK

McCoy @ CHI

I think I'm leaning Bernard...but I'm not sure.

Other league; pick 2:

SJAX vs. ARI

PT Cruiser @ TB (especially with Bush now very questionable for that game!)

Bernard Scott @ OAK

Whatchew peeps think? :music_guitarred:

It's an opportunity that Scott really needs to take advantage of. With the next 3 matchups being cupcakes for the Bengals(Oak,Det,Clev) I think Cinci can afford to be cautious with Benson. It's all Scott against Oak town. If he fails ,LJ takes over. Screw you LJ :thumbsup: