Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Is Kevin Smith Ever a Safe Start Anymore?

Hell, was he ever this season.

Trying to justify benching some other RBs this week and giving the guy another shot. He didn't do it against the Rams or the Seahawks so I've almost stuck a fork in him.

Keep him on the bench for the year or give him one more shot?

He has the best matchup for a RB this week as the Browns give up 160 yards a game to RBs. If he dosent get 100 yards this game you can bench him for the year.

He has the best matchup for a RB this week as the Browns give up 160 yards a game to RBs. If he dosent get 100 yards this game you can bench him for the year.

Who do you bench though. I have Ryan Grant and Ladainian. I also have Lesean McCoy. I start Grant I think against the 49ers. And Denver's running Defense looked like last year's against the Skins last week. So LT may be a better play. And if Chris Simms is the QB the Bolts may have the ball all game.

I dunno if Kevin Smith owners can trust this guy.

This is his last chance in my lineup!

Mine as well :banana: They have Cleveland at home, kind of have to.

Now I need to ponder Megabustron in another league. :sleep:

If you have decent options you can sit smith. I would probally play Mccoy or LT before smith ,its a risk. If they "let" smith run the whole game he can have a huge game but the dude hasnt had a huge game in a long time so there is a risk. But the risk is less when you have guys who might do ok like LT and Mccoy.

Who do you bench though. I have Ryan Grant and Ladainian. I also have Lesean McCoy. I start Grant I think against the 49ers. And Denver's running Defense looked like last year's against the Skins last week. So LT may be a better play. And if Chris Simms is the QB the Bolts may have the ball all game.

I dunno if Kevin Smith owners can trust this guy.

I don't think Grant is a good start. 49ers are pretty good against the run. I have the same tough decision LT or Smith or Benson/BScott? Not sure, what I'm going to do yet.

Im thinking of starting Scott vs. the Raiders (if Benson is inactive) over Smith.

I just don't trust him. But may give him this one last chance.

Going back and forth all week about starting him or Beanie Wells against STL...

CLE's defense looked pretty decent Monday night containing the entire Ravens offense, limited them to 10 points. We all know the Lions offense isn't all that good...I'm worried K. Smith has one of those 18 carries 65 yard games in a 10-7 game.

Beanie Wells is also hit or miss though. Will he get the playing time/goalline chances? The Cardinals have been rolling and should get up big on the Rams. I'm hoping he gets his usual 50/50 split through the first half/3 quarters, but they bring him in to close out the game. I could really see him having 20 carries, 115 yards and 2 TDs.

Ive said it a thousand times but here goes again - Smith hasnt been a safe start since like week 4. The dude doesnt score. He doesnt break big runs. He doesnt do anything fantasy-wise but we all keep starting him anyways. Hes had two JUICY matchups recently against the Lambs and The Seabags. He didnt do D!ck in either game. Hes a focking waste. Plus, he appears to sharing snaps with retread RBs that also suck so what does that tell ya?

Hes permanently benched unless I literally have no other choice. Even then I'll just pencil him in for 26 yards on 24 carries. :banana:

This is the last really good matchup he has. I'm less concerned about his ability than I am about the decline in touches. This week, fine--rest of the way, tough to say.

I'll be rolling with him unless Benson sits, in which case I'll have to think hard about Bernard Scott. I've also considered trading him but there aren't a whole lot of folks still willing to deal at this stage.

yup, hopefully a monster game will bring up his trade value. if your league still allows trades.

yup, hopefully a monster game will bring up his trade value. if your league still allows trades.

This, I'm hoping to try and trade him if possible. If not, I hope he finally has turned his season around.