Sign in to follow this  
Boston Three Party

2010 DND "Underperformer" LIST

THIS WILL BE GOOD!

Lets hear em' and why:

1. Tom Brady - Hot and Cold. See: Playoffs

2. Kurt Warner - FOCKING AWFUL. Health issues. See: Playoffs

3. D'Angelo - John Fox is coaching. 2008 FLUKE.

4. SJAX - Unless traded, end zone is about as far away as banging Adriana Lima.

5. MINITron - Yes, Mini. Unless traded will continue to be hot and cold and nothing more than a flex play because they are the LIONS.

6. Olsen - Self-explanatory!

7. Simms-Walker - Hey, go ahead pull the trig. But with injuries and David GAYRARD throwing to him, have fun blowing up first half of the season! When it doesn't matter!

8. Ronnie Brown - Kills you when it matters MOST. Come playoff time. Every year, every injury.

9. Slaton - His status will NEVER be the same after this abomination of a season, especially with Gary "Shanny" Kubiak coaching - seriously. This is the 2010 version of the Broncos from last year.

10. Pierre Thomas - Sean Peyton ruins another great back. See: Hamilton, 2nd half of the Week 14 game. See: Mike Bell. See: Every game past Week 4.

And yes, I owned all these focks in 3 leagues. And YES, they can have a great season turnaround next year (or can be taken NOT as high) - BUT consistency wins playoff games in fantasy and all of these chumps failed hard.

:music_guitarred:

3. D'Angelo - John Fox is coaching. 2008 FLUKE.

2008 was not a fluke. DWill is a top 5 RB....easy. At least John Fox will be axed.....there's rumors of Cowher heading Carolina way.....and if so, I love DWill next year.

Personally, I won't draft the guys who burned me this year:

Carson Palmer

Greg Olsen

Eddie Royal

Ronnie Brown (Lisfranc injuries are tough to return from)

And these guys I just have no interest in.....unless there's some huge personnel changes in the next 7 months:

Marshawn Lynch

Terrell Owens

Braylon Edwards

Any Brown

Hines Ward (I keep thinking this is the year he falls off...and he always proves me wrong.....but 2010...I'll be right...maybe)

Any Raider

Matt Cassel

Clinton Portis

Brian Westbrook

Matt Forte

Steve Smith (unless Cowher goes to Carolina....never been a fan though)

Any Buc

Julius Jones

Rams receivers

Calvin Johnson will be a HUGE Value pick next year with Stafford entering his 2nd year and him being a stud.

Injuries to Stafford and him hurt his production. Next yr he will go late 2nd early 3rd and be money imo.

DND

Kevin Smith......nasty knee injury. poor dude.

How in the he## do you not have Matt Forte on this list? :mad:

He was as bad if not worse than MBIII since he doesn't split time with Felix.

How in the he## do you not have Matt Forte on this list? :banana:

Add to it brother!

I started it for 2010 based on what I owned! :mad:

Ah, an elder comes out of hiding for a less than appropriate joke.

:mad:

Fine, draft him. Make sure to handcuff him with a sense of humor though.

I've mentioned this name for about 4 years now .......

LEE EVANS

And yep, the owner was snakebitten this year, benched him during his monsters, and played him when he would have one catch for 13 yards. I never see a Lee Evans owner make the playoffs, let alone win it.

I never draft a player with bad playoff matchups (week15 and 16) ,no point n going 12-2 and getting knocked out in the first round. That being said the first person on my list was

D.Williams

Don't waste your time reading any further people. People are just venting and bashing on the players that let them down this year and recent past.

This thread is 99% emotional. Very little logic.

Dallas RB's...this is in fact true.

And...

Greg Jennings..

This guy will need another breakout, solid year before I ever draft him again. Green Bay spreads the ball way too much and Driver seems to be the man no matter how old he gets. Other your WRs are stepping up too and their TE is starting to do well.

Guys to DRAFT!!!

CJ

Desean

Don't waste your time reading any further people. People are just venting and bashing on the players that let them down this year and recent past.

This thread is 99% emotional. Very little logic.

You are one odd chick ..... for starters you play fantasy football .... and you chat on a fantasy football forum ... and the big kicker -

you call us guys 99% emotional.

Weird .... just backwards weird is all.

Can I ask you something?

When you go to the doctor ......... does he ask you to turn and cough?

Just sayin'

D'Angelo is tough for me cause I traded for him - and he burned me. Honestly if FOX is gone I have no problem owning him. But jesus does Fox suck a giant donk. He is such a moron.

He was pretty good with Fox in 2008. He's been pretty good with Fox in 2009, just not as good as hoped. He's a top 5 for talent at RB in the NFL and I hope everyone feels the same as you come draft time in 2010.

I never draft a player with bad playoff matchups (week15 and 16) ,no point n going 12-2 and getting knocked out in the first round. That being said the first person on my list was

D.Williams

So you base your whole draft on who guys will be facing in week 15 and 16?

:unsure: :wacko: :doh:

So you base your whole draft on who guys will be facing in week 15 and 16?

:unsure: :wacko: :doh:

Yeah, that is a little extreme .... BUT, DWill's schedule did frighten me away a bit. Carolina not only had tough playoff opponents but out of the gate like the first 4 games were brutal.

Greg Jennings is garbage.

Matt Forte must run a 5.6 forty plus his line is junk.

I will only play 49'er and Seahawks players at home.

Obviously Cutler can never be drafted.

I do not want an ulcer so I'll stay away from DWill and Stewie.

Do not draft Mendy because Tomlin and staff have destroyed an elite fantasy runner this year by letting Ben throw 75 times a game.

Do not draft Mendy because Tomlin and staff have destroyed an elite fantasy runner this year by letting Ben throw 75 times a game.

Mendenhall had some decent games but he's a far cry from and elite fantasy runner.

Why the hate on DeAngelo Williams?

Guy has rushed for 1104 yards at a 5.3 YPC with 7TD's, 28 catches for another 248 yards.

Thats while missing one game, which you knew he was out so its not like you played him and he screwed you.

Maybe its not quite the worth where he was drafted, but hes been solid all year. I do own him and he hasn't been carrying my team, but every game he puts up 8-10 points at the minimum and hasn't had a single completely horrible game that I can remember. This is with Delhomme throwing 50 int's, Stewart stealing carries, and Fox being an idiot. Give him a little better situation next year and I'll gladly take him.

Unless he puts up 10+ the next 2 weeks, Adrian Peterson (assuming a top 3 pick). I'll go CJ, MJD, or Ray Rice. He let me down last year and I thought he would blow up this year, but he has been so-so the past month or so. A very very good season, but short of my expectations.

Also, Lee Evans

Also, if some of the above posts become widely held beliefs, I will probably be targeting many of these players to fall a round or two where they should.

Mendenhall had some decent games but he's a far cry from and elite fantasy runner.

I meant potential elite RB, he has not been elite, but I think he could have put up elite stats if fed the rock more.

A guy averaging 4.8 over the course of the season having many games with rushes in the mid to low teens is bad coaching. The game I keep going back to is the Vikes game. He was killing the Vikes (6.9 per) but only got 10 touches.

Feed the beast.

Greg Jennings..

This guy will need another breakout, solid year before I ever draft him again. Green Bay spreads the ball way too much and Driver seems to be the man no matter how old he gets. Other your WRs are stepping up too and their TE is starting to do well.

Last year I had Driver, and Jennings blew up. This year I had Jennings, and Driver was the better option. I'm rolling with this pattern and would take Jennings again next year......but he's slipped a bunch of spots down my WR draft list that's for sure. Dude's given us no reason to think he's undraftable like some of the other names in this thread......

I will tell you guys on my teams this year that I will NOT draft next year unless they slip VERY far.

Calvin Johnson (still don't think that franchise has it together and he disappears way too much)

D'Will (I will not even draft him as my #2 RB unless FOX is gone)

Colston (let someone else have this inconsistency out of their star WR)

Any Defense until just before my kickers (I went too early with Balt. going against my normal rules)

Any WR before round 3

I'm actually thinking of Forte as a cheap value play in my auction league if he is not kept. Sophomore slump.

How in the he## do you not have Matt Forte on this list? :doublethumbsup:

like a couple others have said, I don't really get the hate on DWill... he's the 10th rank RB in my league, and I managed to grab him 8th overall, so it doesn't seem crazy to draft him again :doublethumbsup:

Not new to my list for next year, but Westbrook is a top one on my list......I never draft him, but I DO draft his primary backup later in drafts.

I am surprised that Clinton Portis has not been mentioned yet. I think the guy is finished for his career. He probably had the worst season out of 90% of the names mentioned here. He is pure garbage.

I am surprised that Clinton Portis has not been mentioned yet. I think the guy is finished for his career. He probably had the worst season out of 90% of the names mentioned here. He is pure garbage.

I'll take him in the 9th to 11th round like I did with Reggie Bush this year. He's not a do-not-draft for me.

like a couple others have said, I don't really get the hate on DWill... he's the 10th rank RB in my league, and I managed to grab him 8th overall, so it doesn't seem crazy to draft him again :thumbsup:

Agreed. He's 9th in my league and I'm not sure if it matters, but he becomes a FA in 2011 so next year is his contract year.

Honestly I think I just got spoiled with his breakout runs last year and this year you're expecting that same kind of sentiment.

I'll back the train up on him and go 50-50 depending on where he's left in the first few rounds. (D'Will)

Another DND'er (that WASN'T on any of my squads) I'd have to clearly say is CUTLER. Just an abysmal year compared to what he did last year when he threw the ball 95 percent of the time.