Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Star_Wrecking_Crew

Tony Romo.."How you like me now?" thread

Left for dead when we went to OT in game 5 against the chiefs......

Discovered Miles Austin and the rest is history

2-2 in december........big win against an undefeated team on the road......

shutout against a division team on the road...

played the afc #2 seed to a close and winnable game before ware got hurt.

Romo's December 09 stats: has 1239 yards 7 tds 1 ints this december

We beat the EAgles next week, we win the EAST Division!!!

Back in the playoffs. Now lets go do something we haven't done since 96.

Can he get a little respect now? :unsure:

Tampa Bucs just beat the 'Aints.

Win week 17, and he makes a huge jump in my book.

Blow it at home again, and I bump the Tony H0mo Threads.

:unsure:

why do you continue to clog the front page with these threads? They already have about 6 of them about romo.. We get it.. he is doing well..

If you would understand this is the reason people outside of texas look for reasons to hate romo b/c people like you continue to jam romo this romo that down everyone's throat and he has yet to win in the playoffs..

Why not just wait till/when/if he wins a playoff game THEN come make a thread about him..

we really don't care as much as you do.. whats so hard to understand..

Talk to me in crunch time, when the game is on the line, and it's time for Tony Romo to put the team on his back.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Romo may not be the "problem" - or the only one - but is he the answer????

win this weekend, get a positive december record and don't choke a big game and he'll start to get some credit...until then, shut up already pimptaddy.

win this weekend, get a positive december record and don't choke a big game and he'll start to get some credit...until then, shut up already pimptaddy.

just remember.....the eagles game is not in december......so Romo had a .500 record in december.....i as a Cowboy fan will not get too excited till they win a playoff game but please people how about a little respect for romo....before it was he couldnt win a big game....then he did that last week and regardless of the redskins record that game was a big game cause if the boys lost guess what then everything would be on the line next week again like last year.....now this year it is for a home game in the playoffs.....this will be 3 big games in a row.....oh and how did brees do yesterday with homefield on the line? i dont understand why so many people bash everything Romo does but nothing any of these other qbs do....remind me again how many super bowl rings Brees has????? or Rivers....

:pointstosky:

Exactly.

just remember.....the eagles game is not in december......so Romo had a .500 record in december.....i as a Cowboy fan will not get too excited till they win a playoff game but please people how about a little respect for romo....before it was he couldnt win a big game....then he did that last week and regardless of the redskins record that game was a big game cause if the boys lost guess what then everything would be on the line next week again like last year.....now this year it is for a home game in the playoffs.....this will be 3 big games in a row.....oh and how did brees do yesterday with homefield on the line? i dont understand why so many people bash everything Romo does but nothing any of these other qbs do....remind me again how many super bowl rings Brees has????? or Rivers....

This is easy.

First, Romo was not "the man" in these past couple of wins. He played well, just as he did in the Cowboys two losses in December. Perspective, please. The Cowboys have played better than normal.

Second, Romo has not taken the team on his shoulders when it has come down to crunch time at critical times of the year or in the playoffs. In fact, the opposite has been true. This has always been my biggest criticism of Romo.

Third, he endures this kind of scrutiny and criticism because he is thrown into our faces as a great QB by Cowboys' fans.

Second, Romo has not taken the team on his shoulders when it has come down to crunch time at critical times of the year or in the playoffs. In fact, the opposite has been true. This has always been my biggest criticism of Romo.

this is an interesting perspective, but another way to look at it is that he's gotten very little help from the rest of the team during crunch time. consider, for example, the O-line problems during the last couple of decembers--horrible rushing averages and sacks allowed. NO QB can succeed without help.

Third, he endures this kind of scrutiny and criticism because he is thrown into our faces as a great QB by Cowboys' fans.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Go find all the Brees is great, Rivers is great, McNabb is great threads. You won't find any. Cowboy fans are tools who think their players are better than they really are and get overly defensive when someone challenges that opinion.

They act like some of us messageboard-members have created this Romo-chokes-every-December stuff. It's all over the media. So is the fact that they haven't won a playoff game in 14 years.

You also see tools like PimpEmpireRomoBlueStar talking about the ass-whooping Dallas is going to lay on Philly this week. Go find a single Eagles' fan saying that they are going to beat Dallas. Go ahead and try to find one. Good luck. DooshDaddyBlueStar can do it because he'll just switch to a different team's alias if Dallas loses. But if they win, he's liable to bring out the Cowboy trifecta of Alaiases to pat each other on the back and talk about how they're going to win the Super Bowl and how no one wants to play them.

Eagle fans, like 99% of NFL fans, don't shoot their mouths of like Dallas fans do. That's why so many people get joy in watching 44-6 drubbings where the franchise quarterback is in tears. It's a riot. :thumbsdown:

Look to sh!t topics like this whenever somebody wants to know why Romo takes such a beating. Dallas SHOULD beat Washington. Just because that was a game Dallas might have overlooked and choked on in the past doesn't mean they get special credit for winning it.

These wins the past two weeks have been nice, but if Dallas gets bounced right away in the playoffs nothing changes. If Dallas gets bounced right away in the playoffs topics like these will all be bumped to the top of the board.

this is an interesting perspective, but another way to look at it is that he's gotten very little help from the rest of the team during crunch time. consider, for example, the O-line problems during the last couple of decembers--horrible rushing averages and sacks allowed. NO QB can succeed without help.

I concur with your last comment. But the former are things that happen. True? Yes. But when that is consistently the answer, those are excuses, and still don't answer the questions. Whether you like it or not, the lasting impressions of Tony Romo and his contributions in clutch situations are bobbles snaps for field goals and untimely turnovers. Fair? Maybe, maybe not. But that is what we have. What you have is the BELIEF that he can do better. But there is a name for a QB that needs everything to be right around him. They are called System QBs. They are NOT elite.

ok, you're playing symantics now. I call "BS" on the "Eagles game isn't in December". Romo is 2-2 in the closing stretch. He's got them into playoffs, which is something. However, a lot of that has to do with other teams faltering down the stretch as well. The Giants fell apart, as did Atlanta after the injuries. There was really nobody even chasing the Cowboys closely. This weeks game will say a lot about Romo and the Cowboys, but the one the following week will say everything.

Romo and the Cowboys have a chance to do three important things this weekend: 1. Exorcise the ghost of last years 44-6 shellacking at the hands of the Eagles. 2. Win the division and cause someone to have to come to Jerrah World. 3. Close strong and build up some momentum.

bottom line is even if the Cowboys beat the Eagles this weekend, it means nothing if they don't win a playoff game or two.

why do you continue to clog the front page with these threads? They already have about 6 of them about romo.. We get it.. he is doing well..

If you would understand this is the reason people outside of texas look for reasons to hate romo b/c people like you continue to jam romo this romo that down everyone's throat and he has yet to win in the playoffs..

Why not just wait till/when/if he wins a playoff game THEN come make a thread about him..

we really don't care as much as you do.. whats so hard to understand..

I'm a Cowboys fan and approve of this message. Blue_Star_Wrecking_Crew, your just setting yourself up when/if Romo loses to what is likely a better team either next week or in the playoffs. I think he's bumped up his game this year and he always got more grief then he deserved for past failures but your taking it too far the other way. It comes with the territory of being a Cowboys QB. As a fan, you should just accept it and learn to enjoy the hate.

I'm a Cowboys fan and approve of this message. Blue_Star_Wrecking_Crew, your just setting yourself up when/if Romo loses to what is likely a better team either next week or in the playoffs. I think he's bumped up his game this year and he always got more grief then he deserved for past failures but your taking it too far the other way. It comes with the territory of being a Cowboys QB. As a fan, you should just accept it and learn to enjoy the hate.

If all Boys fans were like this (and there are several on here that are) there would hardly be any Romo-bashing.

First, Romo was not "the man" in these past couple of wins. He played well, just as he did in the Cowboys two losses in December. Perspective, please. The Cowboys have played better than normal.

Redskins game, sure - give you that. Was a team effort, not exactly sharp - but a road, December win....... The Saints game, I disagree. That win was the result of both the defense playing lights out, and Romo being fantastic. He lead Dallas right down the field on their 1st possession for a td, and that set the tone. He also was largely responsible for Dallas converting something like 53% of their 3rd down plays - his couterpart Brees was like 1 for 8.

Most of those who share this opinion either didn't see the Seahawks game, or don't remember it. Romo was really good in that game, out played Hasselbeck and should of won. Yea, he botched the snap, but his qb performance was solid...... In that game, Romo had Dallas up 20-13 in the 4th. Terry Glenn fumbled a pass that went for a safety middle/late 4th. Then Seattle took the short kick in for a td - not Romo's fault. He did march his team down the field for a go-ahead 24 yard chip shot fg with a minute or so left, but again - he botched it..... The Giants game, he was not great - but he also played well enough to win. P. Crayton had 2 huge drops (one for a late game winning td). But he did throw a pick, and didn't move us down the field for enough scoring opportnities - give ya that one/game.

I think you know not all us are like that. I think most of them (that do it), do it just to get under your skin.

I think Romo is a fantastic talent, and I am glad we have him. He has really come into his own and made a statement, specially this December. Marching into both Philly and NO and winning on the road was huge this year. He needs to take that kind of performance into the playoffs now. Until then, he's just a very good qb with potential. Without question he is not in the same class as Brees, Manning, Brady, or Big Ben yet. But I do think he can play with Rodgers, McNabb, River, Palmer, or Shaub any day of the week.

Eagle fans, like 99% of NFL fans, don't shoot their mouths of like Dallas fans do.

Wow......

Wow......

Feel free to go find Eagles threads started by Eagles fans. If there is one, it's just talking football.

Do yourself a favor, only post in Cowboy threads that are started by real Cowboy fans. I'm fully aware that there are some gtreat Dallas fans here. Guys like you and sirensong are great fans with terrific opinions. Start a legit thread and I'll gladly join you and talk football. BUt if you come to a thread started by Pimpdaddy/Dallas Empire/Blue Star, you already know it's just an asspipe posting to get reactions and you also know that I'm more than willing to give him that very reaction. I (and apparently plenty of others) are more than willing to engage him and make fun of him and his team along the way. Have enough sense to realize that is just retard-talk aimed at a retard.

Look to sh!t topics like this whenever somebody wants to know why Romo takes such a beating. Dallas SHOULD beat Washington. Just because that was a game Dallas might have overlooked and choked on in the past doesn't mean they get special credit for winning it.

These wins the past two weeks have been nice, but if Dallas gets bounced right away in the playoffs nothing changes. If Dallas gets bounced right away in the playoffs topics like these will all be bumped to the top of the board.

this is about respect. romo had a spectacular december this year. He led his team to 2-2 with a possible 3-2 post november coming. 1200 plus yards 7 tds and 1 int which was roy's fault not romos. Respect must be paid for the romo trashers to maintain what little credibility they have

romo, much like culpepper before him or rodgers now, is a statmonger qb. these guys juice the stats with great weapons or playbooks; however, they must win big games, and importantly, playoff games to dress the second levels of their respective resumes. this will be an interesting postseason for green bay and dallas---their qbs must deliver key wins to match current young guns in results and reputation.

Tampa Bucs just beat the 'Aints.

Win week 17, and he makes a huge jump in my book.

Blow it at home again, and I bump the Tony H0mo Threads.

:music_guitarred:

Are we thre best team in the conference right now....or after we beat Philly on sunday.....?

N.O is having issues....Arizona doesn't scare me at all.....neither GB or Minnesota....

we actually could be in a great position to get to the Sbowl.....Minnesota will be probably running the tables all the way....and I think we can beat them....we usually get to Favre pretty easy.....and even him has issues with his coach....so things are looking pretty good for Dallas....the deal is now....to beat Philly, so the playoff game is a Dallas....110,000 people screaming....never seen before.....this could be Historical.....in all senses of the word...and great for the Cowboys and JJ...he deserves winning and more...he is a great guy!

Are we thre best team in the conference right now....or after we beat Philly on sunday.....?

N.O is having issues....Arizona doesn't scare me at all.....neither GB or Minnesota....

we actually could be in a great position to get to the Sbowl.....Minnesota will be probably running the tables all the way....and I think we can beat them....we usually get to Favre pretty easy.....and even him has issues with his coach....so things are looking pretty good for Dallas....the deal is now....to beat Philly, so the playoff game is a Dallas....110,000 people screaming....never seen before.....this could be Historical.....in all senses of the word...and great for the Cowboys and JJ...he deserves winning and more...he is a great guy!

just be sure and show back up after your typical results...

just be sure and show back up after your typical results...

Romo has also set an NFL Record.

He's the first quarterback in the history of the NFL to start his first four seasons with a QB rating of 90+ for each of those seasons.

And for those who are still haters, here's the list of QB's with 90+ QB ratings over the last four seasons:

* Peyton Manning

* Tony Romo

Oh, what was that? You have to take in the fact that Tom Brady was injured so what were his last four seasons? Okay, you've got a very good point there.

Here's the list with the QB's who have more than half a season played and 90+ QB ratings for their last four seasons played:

* Peyton Manning

* Tony Romo

Thank you, that is all.

Romo has also set an NFL Record.

He's the first quarterback in the history of the NFL to start his first four seasons with a QB rating of 90+ for each of those seasons.

And for those who are still haters, here's the list of QB's with 90+ QB ratings over the last four seasons:

* Peyton Manning

* Tony Romo

Oh, what was that? You have to take in the fact that Tom Brady was injured so what were his last four seasons? Okay, you've got a very good point there.

Here's the list with the QB's who have more than half a season played and 90+ QB ratings for their last four seasons played:

* Peyton Manning

* Tony Romo

Thank you, that is all.

shouldn't you be posting this under your psychobelicheat alias???

Best team in the conference right now?

NO!!!

Things look for Dallas like they look for everyone else.

Nobody in the NFC is standing out as unbeatable. Especialyl not the Cowboys.

Best team in the conference right now?

NO!!!

ok. But dallas has the top ranked D in the NFC now...........I repeat dallas is ranked first in defense in the nfc......romo is playing mistake free "playoff" football and the dallas run attack is coming alive. The team is fully healthy now and felix is showing promise now. Dallas if they win sunday will take the nfc east and have a three game winning streak and 11-5 record heading into the playoffs.. The planets are alligning now for dallas.... We are gonna do some major damage..........this is not those t.o. cowboys with locker room issues......this team is on the same page and there is no distractions.

I agree, any of the 6 teams could possibly win the conference. Not by accident, all 6 teams are strong at Qb too. Every game is going to be great - home field will be important, but I don't think any one of these teams can't go on the road and win too.

ok. But dallas has the top ranked D in the NFC now...........I repeat dallas is ranked first in defense in the nfc......

Is also the same defense that melted down (twice) and let the NYG beat us - one play letting a 270 lb. man run 70 yards for a td on a stupid screen. T. Newman is going to be crucial, and a major weak spot on our defense. Spencer, Ware, and Ratliff will have to continue to put huge pressure on the Qb for us to not get torched on T. New's side.

ok. But dallas has the top ranked D in the NFC now...........I repeat dallas is ranked first in defense in the nfc......romo is playing mistake free "playoff" football and the dallas run attack is coming alive. The team is fully healthy now and felix is showing promise now. Dallas if they win sunday will take the nfc east and have a three game winning streak and 11-5 record heading into the playoffs.. The planets are alligning now for dallas.... We are gonna do some major damage..........this is not those t.o. cowboys with locker room issues......this team is on the same page and there is no distractions.

Sure...they give up fewer points right now than the other NFC teams.

Does that make them the best team in the conference? NOPE.

I agree, any of the 6 teams could possibly win the conference. Not by accident, all 6 teams are strong at Qb too. Every game is going to be great - home field will be important, but I don't think any one of these teams can't go on the road and win too.

Yup...very good QBs in the NFC playoffs this year.

Sure...they give up fewer points right now than the other NFC teams.

Does that make them the best team in the conference? NOPE.

sure it does

the nfc east is the toughest division in the nfl........you win that and have the best d in the conference and an impresssive 11-5 record you are a contender...........the nfc champ where it be dallas or philly will be cut from stone and will be a beast in the playoffs.

Is also the same defense that melted down (twice) and let the NYG beat us - one play letting a 270 lb. man run 70 yards for a td on a stupid screen. T. Newman is going to be crucial, and a major weak spot on our defense. Spencer, Ware, and Ratliff will have to continue to put huge pressure on the Qb for us to not get torched on T. New's side.

be optimistic........dallas has that look this year...........big expectations............we win the sunday eagles game and we must be considered legit

be optimistic........dallas has that look this year...........big expectations............we win the sunday eagles game and we must be considered legit

I am optimistic, and do feel good about our chances Sunday. But we, just like every team, have weaknesses. T. Newman is a huge one, so is having Bobby Carpenter on the field.... Traditionally speaking, we also have had trouble with West Coast offensive schemes - mostly bcoz we have not had the speed type linebackers that we had in the 90's to cover the backs out of the backfield and the short crossing routes underneath.

sure it does

the nfc east is the toughest division in the nfl........you win that and have the best d in the conference and an impresssive 11-5 record you are a contender...........the nfc champ where it be dallas or philly will be cut from stone and will be a beast in the playoffs.

Well...being first in points against does not make a team the best in a conference.

And some don't even use just points against to call it the #1 ranked defense in the first place.

The east is pretty tough...no doubt.

All 6 teams in the NFC playoffs are contenders.

There is a difference between optimism...and your homerism

Well...being first in points against does not make a team the best in a conference.

And some don't even use just points against to call it the #1 ranked defense in the first place.

The east is pretty tough...no doubt.

All 6 teams in the NFC playoffs are contenders.

ok.........agree here........you gave respect to dallas so I will return the favor.......Green bay is a contender as well.

Favre, brees, warner, romo, mcnabb and rodgers...........this is the who's who of stud nfc qbs............ :rolleyes:

Romo and Dallas have as good a chance as anybody in the NFC playoffs to make a run to the SB, IF Romo plays better than he has in the past playoffs.

However, as to Romo playing mistake free "playoff" football, you're wrong. He's played better than in the past, but he still makes some dumb plays. Romo screwed up royally at the end of the 1st half of last night's game, costing the Boys AT LEAST 3 points, maybe 7. They got the ball with a little over 2 minutes left and 3 timeouts. Romo totally mis-managed that 2 minute drill. There wasn't enough sense of urgency, he wasted his timeouts, and then after they were gone, he threw 2 passes over the middle giving his receivers no chance to get out of bounds, and the last pass ran the time off the clock and didn't even allow the Boys to attempt a FG.

You can get away with those kind of mistakes against the Redskins, but they will cost the Cowboys if they repeat them in the playoffs.