Sign in to follow this  
Houston Texans

Romo/Cowboys

OK, over the last few weeks, I've posted in several threads regarding Tony Romo. Although I'm not sure that Blue_star_wrecking_crew (or any of his aliases) would do the same, I'm starting a thread to eat a little crow.

Tony Romo has shaken (IMO) the title of "late-season choker."

He has played very well in the final month (5 weeks) of this season, helping lead his team to the NFC east title.

A couple of other things to add:

1-Dallas, as a whole has played better to end this season, then they have in the past few years with Romo as their QB. So while I feel Romo has played better, I'm not giving him all of the credit for Dallas' success. He has, however, done what he (and any top QB) needed to do: play solid football, limit his mistakes, and take advantages of most of the opportunities he has been presented with this last 5 weeks.

2-To truly erase the "choker" label he has been given/earned, Romo must do a few things. First, he has to win a playoff game. Second, he needs to go deep in to the playoffs. Third, he needs to win a SB.

3-Romo's performance the last 5 weeks has been impressive, but he still isn't (IMO) a top-5 NFL (or FF) QB. I'd put Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger and Rodgers ahead of him, and possibly Schaub.

OK, over the last few weeks, I've posted in several threads regarding Tony Romo. Although I'm not sure that Blue_star_wrecking_crew (or any of his aliases) would do the same, I'm starting a thread to eat a little crow.

He has played very well in the final month (5 weeks) of this season, helping lead his team to the NFC east title.

1-Dallas, as a whole has played better to end this season, then they have in the past few years with Romo as their QB. So while I feel Romo has played better, I'm not giving him all of the credit for Dallas' success. He has, however, done what he (and any top QB) needed to do: play solid football, limit his mistakes, and take advantages of most of the opportunities he has been presented with this last 5 weeks.

2-To truly erase the "choker" label he has been given/earned, Romo must do a few things. First, he has to win a playoff game. Second, he needs to go deep in to the playoffs. Third, he needs to win a SB.

3-Romo's performance the last 5 weeks has been impressive, but he still isn't (IMO) a top-5 NFL (or FF) QB. I'd put Manning, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Roethlisberger and Rodgers ahead of him, and possibly Schaub.

Exactly. If Romo doesn't win a SB, he's a choker. Guys like Matt Ryan and Carson Palmer though are immune from those tags. I can't explain it, but that's just the way it is.

And I agree, no matter what Romo's statistics, he's really not that good of QB. Stats don't mean anything. You've got to win a SB to be considered a good QB. Except guys like Rodgers and Shaub. Oh, and Palmer and Ryan.

And lastly, if Dallas wins, it's "the defense" or "Dallas" that won the game. If they lose, it's Romo's fault.

Man, finally someone who makes some sense. Next time someone wants the lowdown on the way it works in the NFL, they need not look any further than "Houston Texans", on FFtoday.

Exactly. If Romo doesn't win a SB, he's a choker. Guys like Matt Ryan and Carson Palmer though are immune from those tags. I can't explain it, but that's just the way it is.

And I agree, no matter what Romo's statistics, he's really not that good of QB. Stats don't mean anything. You've got to win a SB to be considered a good QB. Except guys like Rodgers and Shaub. Oh, and Palmer and Ryan.

And lastly, if Dallas wins, it's "the defense" or "Dallas" that won the game. If they lose, it's Romo's fault.

Man, finally someone who makes some sense. Next time someone wants the lowdown on the way it works in the NFL, they need not look any further than "Houston Texans", on FFtoday.

This is easily explained. Very few teams fans outside the Pats with Brady (mostly deserved) and the Cowboys with Romo (undeserved) go out of their way to talk about how great their QB is. D-bags like pimptaddy/tony_romo_domination/blue_star_wrecking_crew/psychobelicheatfan (all the same guy) are so bad they make every other Cowboy fan seem like a bad apple as well. When you preen around like peac0cks crowing about how good your QB is, people are going to take shots. That being said...

The Cowboys look for real right now. I'm not sure they can beat Minny in Minny, but they can give them a run and can probably beat the Saints, who look terrible down the stretch. Romo has played outstanding and is doing exactly what they need him to do, limit the errors and make an occasional good play. Both lines are playing very, very well. Congrats to the Cowboys for doing what I figured they could not.

This is easily explained. Very few teams fans outside the Pats with Brady (mostly deserved) and the Cowboys with Romo (undeserved) go out of their way to talk about how great their QB is. D-bags like pimptaddy/tony_romo_domination/blue_star_wrecking_crew/psychobelicheatfan (all the same guy) are so bad they make every other Cowboy fan seem like a bad apple as well. When you preen around like peac0cks crowing about how good your QB is, people are going to take shots.

So you let a couple of people sway you into being D-bags yourself? Why not just ignore them and actually make common sense points instead of flaming the fire with just as dumb "Romo the Homo is a Choker" comments like we've seen for a year?

Anybody that has watched the games over the past few years knows that Romo has played well enough in most of the games for the Cowboys to win. They didn't. Sometimes the Defense let them down. Sometimes the running game. Sometimes it was Special Teams and kickers. And occaisionally Romo had a bad game. That's all most people have been saying the whole time anyway. You guys just can't get Pimpdaddy out of your heads.

Dude, what happened, your BF didn't use lube last night?

Over the last month or so, blue_star_wrecking_crew (and his various aliases) have started or posted in a number of threads about Romo. I have been on the other side of the debate than they have been.

His play over the last month has been good, so I felt that I should own up to the fact that I was wrong, so I posted that IMO, he shouldn't be labeled a "late season choker."

The points I made were perfectly valid.

Romo has been considered a choker, not just because Dallas has played poorly to end the year over the last several years, but also because he hasn't won a playoff game. Just as many people unfairly labeled Peyton Manning as a QB who "couldn't win the big game," (until he did), Romo will be perceived as a choker until he wins a playoff game. Even then, if he doesn't lead the Cowboys to a deep playoff push and/or a SB, he will still be perceived in this vein. This year, that could be happen, and a large part of that would be due to the improvement of the Dallas team, as a whole. But that's how it always is. Brady won his SBs, because the Patriots TEAMs were good. Peyton won his SB when his D stepped it up in the playoffs. Roethlisberger won his SBs with a franchise that has historically had a great defense.

And stats do matter, which is part of why (IMO) Romo isn't a top 5 QB. The QBs I've listed have better stats than he does, and/or have proven that they have the ability to perform at a high level in the clutch and in big games.

So you let a couple of people sway you into being D-bags yourself? Why not just ignore them and actually make common sense points instead of flaming the fire with just as dumb "Romo the Homo is a Choker" comments like we've seen for a year?

Read any of my posts over the last few weeks. The only time I made a "Tony Homo" comment was when mocking a ridiculous post by pimpdaddy (or whoever he was posting as). I made common sense posts about wins, stats, clutch play, etc.

Anybody that has watched the games over the past few years knows that Romo has played well enough in most of the games for the Cowboys to win. They didn't. Sometimes the Defense let them down. Sometimes the running game. Sometimes it was Special Teams and kickers. And occaisionally Romo had a bad game. That's all most people have been saying the whole time anyway. You guys just can't get Pimpdaddy out of your heads.

That's the nature of the QB position in the NFL. They get more than their share of the credit for wins, and they get more than their share of the blame for losses.

its been explained several times before.

The hate for Romo has come because of the fans of Dallas and thats the only reason.. Constantly shoving romo this/that down everyones throat when Romo became the starter. So as the rest of the nation watch Romo to see what all the dallas love was for all we seen was him choking under pressure..

To be honest.. Romo could win 10 superbowls now and there still will be not much love gained from those outside of texas.

It's not a couple of people, it's a LOT of Cowboys fans. I was as objective as can be during the whole Romo vs Rodgers charade of a poll that was put up and the then fluffed up by pimptaddy aliases and blind Cowboy homers. Even if the two have the EXACT same #'s, Rodgers wins because he's doing the same thing in 30 less games and is 3 years younger. When asked the same question, as a Steelers fan, about Roethlisberger vs Rodgers, I would have to give serious consideration to Rodgers, despite the fact that when it's all said and done Ben may go down as the most prodigious 4th quarter comeback guy of all time AND he already has 2 superbowl wins under his belt. As much as a Steelers and Big Ben fan as I am, if I thought for one second that Rodgers would give my team a better chance to win, and a better future, I would HAVE to consider him over Ben. But Cowboys fans and especially the pimptaddy contingent don't do that, they blindly say "our QB is the greatest". Thus the wrath and venom directed at them is sometimes very deserved.

It's not a couple of people, it's a LOT of Cowboys fans. I was as objective as can be during the whole Romo vs Rodgers charade of a poll that was put up and the then fluffed up by pimptaddy aliases and blind Cowboy homers. Even if the two have the EXACT same #'s, Rodgers wins because he's doing the same thing in 30 less games and is 3 years younger. When asked the same question, as a Steelers fan, about Roethlisberger vs Rodgers, I would have to give serious consideration to Rodgers, despite the fact that when it's all said and done Ben may go down as the most prodigious 4th quarter comeback guy of all time AND he already has 2 superbowl wins under his belt. As much as a Steelers and Big Ben fan as I am, if I thought for one second that Rodgers would give my team a better chance to win, and a better future, I would HAVE to consider him over Ben. But Cowboys fans and especially the pimptaddy contingent don't do that, they blindly say "our QB is the greatest". Thus the wrath and venom directed at them is sometimes very deserved.

I'm just letting you guys know that the anti-Romo threads have been just as dumb and lacking perspective as all the Pimpdaddy ones. That's my point. In an effort to make this guy and his alia look bad, ya'll have made yourselves look even worse. You guys cut off your noses to spite your face.

I'm just letting you guys know that the anti-Romo threads have been just as dumb and lacking perspective as all the Pimpdaddy ones. That's my point. In an effort to make this guy and his alia look bad, ya'll have made yourselves look even worse. You guys cut off your noses to spite your face.

I never much liked my nose anyway. I grew up a Steeler fan in Texas. I've taken a lot of abuse over the years for it, mostly by Cowboys. It's an odd dynamic when you band together with Eagles fans, Chargers fans, etc, because of a common enemy (so to speak). Cowboys fans bring it up on themselves with their behavior a lot of the time. Way too much pride and hubris for a team that hasn't been relevant in a LONG time (admittedly that might be changing).

And stats do matter, which is part of why (IMO) Romo isn't a top 5 QB. The QBs I've listed have better stats than he does, and/or have proven that they have the ability to perform at a high level in the clutch and in big games.

I agree. Certainly stats do not tell the entire story - but they are for sure good indicators as to the overall value and worth of a player.

That being said, what big games exactly have Rodgers or Schaub won - what examples can we look at to have seen them perform at a high level and in the clutch? I think Rivers has 2 playoff wins and Brees has 1 from few years back.

Which stats are you using to claim Romo isn't top 5 of the guys you named?

Career passer rating:

Rogers - 97.2

Rivers - 95.8

Romo - 95.6

Manning - 95.2

Brady - 93.3

Brees - 91.9

Ben - 91.7

Schaub - 91.3

TD/INT Ratio

Rodgers - 2.8/1

Rivers - 2.35/1

Brady - 2.27/1

Manning - 2.02/1

Romo - 1.95/1

Brees - 1.84/1

Ben - 1.56/1

Schaub - 1.47/1

I don't feel like figuring out all their win loss records, but Romo is 38-17 as a starter. I'm sure that 70% winning rate is top 5 as well.

I'm not sure if Romo is a top 5 QB. I think you have to balance stats and team success almost equally. But if you were just to go by stats, then I don't see an argument against Romo being top 5. And if you factor in team success, Rodgers and Schaub aren''t even in Romo's league.

The Cowboys are playing great right now. Romo and offense are rolling and defense has 2 shutouts in a row. I like the Cowboys to go to superbowl or atleast a deep run in playoffs. That is IF they can beat Philly again. It is very very hard to beat a team twice in 2 weeks and 3 times in a season. :thumbsup:

:doublethumbsup: i gotta give you props for what you said.

and for the record, most of us Cowboys fans know the score. this all means nothing if they lose Saturday night.

its been explained several times before.

The hate for Romo has come because of the fans of Dallas and thats the only reason.. Constantly shoving romo this/that down everyones throat when Romo became the starter. So as the rest of the nation watch Romo to see what all the dallas love was for all we seen was him choking under pressure..

To be honest.. Romo could win 10 superbowls now and there still will be not much love gained from those outside of texas.

you are partially right. i think it goes much deeper than that. the Cowboys have been a hated franchise way before Romo came along. the Cowboys are a very polarizing franchise. you either love em or hate em.

i'll try to sum up:

they have A LOT of band wagon fans, unfortunately.

they are on primetime a lot because they are popular. fans of other teams dont like teams in the spotlight that arent their team. see the NE Pats of recent history

they have had a lot of success.

they've had polarizing, outspoken, troublemaking players like Irvin that make it easy to not like them.

Jerry Jones is a spotlight ######

so how come no ones talkin about how Rodgers is being prematurely annointed? he's being shoved down our throats as the next coming. very similar to when Romo took over the helm. i guess we'll see what happens.

Career passer rating:

Rogers - 97.2

Rivers - 95.8

Romo - 95.6

Manning - 95.2

Brady - 93.3

Brees - 91.9

Ben - 91.7

Schaub - 91.3

TD/INT Ratio

Rodgers - 2.8/1

Rivers - 2.35/1

Brady - 2.27/1

Manning - 2.02/1

Romo - 1.95/1

Brees - 1.84/1

Ben - 1.56/1

Schaub - 1.47/1

I don't feel like figuring out all their win loss records, but Romo is 38-17 as a starter. I'm sure that 70% winning rate is top 5 as well.

I'm not sure if Romo is a top 5 QB. I think you have to balance stats and team success almost equally. But if you were just to go by stats, then I don't see an argument against Romo being top 5. And if you factor in team success, Rodgers and Schaub aren''t even in Romo's league.

As I said, it's a combination of wins, stats, clutch performance, and the (perceived) ability to win "big games." The 2 stats you posted put Romo top 5 or close, but when you look at other stats, his (before this year) inability to win games late in the year/playoffs and the fact that A LOT of Romo's winning rate comes from 1 year (13-3; a little over .500 in the other years), I would put him around QB 7-8. That's not bad, but that's where I would rank him.

As I said, it's a combination of wins, stats, clutch performance, and the (perceived) ability to win "big games." The 2 stats you posted put Romo top 5 or close, but when you look at other stats, his (before this year) inability to win games late in the year/playoffs and the fact that A LOT of Romo's winning rate comes from 1 year (13-3; a little over .500 in the other years), I would put him around QB 7-8. That's not bad, but that's where I would rank him.

both Rodgers and Romo need to win in the playoffs. everything else is just chatter.

:doublethumbsup: i gotta give you props for what you said.

me too,man. seriously.

while i agree with some of the points tubby and KSB made, this is a stand-up thread.

:cheers:

romo has shaken the choker label.......he has been fantastic this december........and has big wins. The romo critics are silent now....In fact the silence is deafening.Most of them dont even have the balls to post here anymore.....

Career passer rating:

Rogers - 97.2

Rivers - 95.8

Romo - 95.6

Manning - 95.2

Brady - 93.3

Brees - 91.9

Ben - 91.7

Schaub - 91.3

TD/INT Ratio

Rodgers - 2.8/1

Rivers - 2.35/1

Brady - 2.27/1

Manning - 2.02/1

Romo - 1.95/1

Brees - 1.84/1

Ben - 1.56/1

Schaub - 1.47/1

anyway you look at it.......romo is top 5..............

anyway you look at it.......romo is top 5..............

i think we need to wait one more week...he's mostly shaken the december choker moniker, let's see how the 1st playoff game, in his own 100,000 seat backyard, goes...

home field - check

just whipped next opponent - check

host of probowlers - check

won a playoff game - ???

If the Cowboys win the game, which I expect them to now, I'll start a thread singing his praises and retracting the choker accusations...

i think we need to wait one more week...he's mostly shaken the december choker moniker, let's see how the 1st playoff game, in his own 100,000 seat backyard, goes...

home field - check

just whipped next opponent - check

host of probowlers - check

won a playoff game - ???

If the Cowboys win the game, which I expect them to now, I'll start a thread singing his praises and retracting the choker accusations...

ok.......i agree here........if romo wins.....i think some praise from his haters will go along way towards healing the battle scars from the fight threads here. :music_guitarred:

romo has shaken the choker label.......he has been fantastic this december........and has big wins. The romo critics are silent now....In fact the silence is deafening.Most of them dont even have the balls to post here anymore.....

Serious question--Please answer the question without some attempt at sarcasm, wit, or humor.

Do you try to come off as an arrogant jerk? I know that sounds like a d!ck thing to say, but I can't really think of any other way to say it. You have been posting almost non-stop (under your different aliases) about how great Romo is. After his (and the Cowboys) performance this past month and past weekend, I came on here to admit that Romo has played much better this year, and IMO has shaken the label of a choker.

Your response?

The romo critics are silent now....In fact the silence is deafening.Most of them dont even have the balls to post here anymore

How is me starting a thread admitting I was wrong about Romo constitute silence, or not having balls to post?

So please, not trying to start any more sh!t, but do you try to be a jerk when you make your posts?

yep. this week was enormous for romo, but come playoff time, every game is like that.

he took a huge step, but champions keep taking those steps weel after week.

that said, i really, really like the team's attitude lately.

despite the drubbing, i think it's important to remember that philadelphia is an extremely dangerous team. the last time dallas was in this situation, the team they crushed twice in the regular season took came out focussed and intense, and went on to win the super bowl.

Serious question--Please answer the question without some attempt at sarcasm, wit, or humor.

Do you try to come off as an arrogant jerk? I know that sounds like a d!ck thing to say, but I can't really think of any other way to say it. You have been posting almost non-stop (under your different aliases) about how great Romo is. After his (and the Cowboys) performance this past month and past weekend, I came on here to admit that Romo has played much better this year, and IMO has shaken the label of a choker.

Your response?

How is me starting a thread admitting I was wrong about Romo constitute silence, or not having balls to post?

So please, not trying to start any more sh!t, but do you try to be a jerk when you make your posts?

maybe he wants you to call romo a top 5 stud........

yep. this week was enormous for romo, but come playoff time, every game is like that.

he took a huge step, but champions keep taking those steps weel after week.

that said, i really, really like the team's attitude lately.

despite the drubbing, i think it's important to remember that philadelphia is an extremely dangerous team. the last time dallas was in this situation, the team they crushed twice in the regular season took came out focussed and intense, and went on to win the super bowl.

they are legit contenders...........philly cant beat dallas ..............

they are legit contenders...........philly cant beat dallas ..............

uhhh...yeah, they can. while they did exactly what i predicted and came out with a conservative defensive gameplan, they were waaaay too conservative. this handed dallas the initiative. expect to see substantially more pressure this week.

if philly brings pressure and exercises good gap control on their interior blitzes, they absolutely have the potential to disrupt the cowboys' offensive flow. garrett is a streaky playcaller, and romo is somewhat of a streaky passer--they both need to get on a roll before becoming truly effective.

offensively, they can score from anywhere on the field, at any time. it isn't just the downfield speed (where they are one of the best teams in the league), but also mcnabb's ability to keep a play going and find the open man after the play breaks down. this should sound familiar, since it is romo's strength, also.

the cowboys played the screen exceptionally well--you could watch the D linemen react instantly--this means that they spent an enormous amount of time prepping for it, and you can bet that reid saw this also. expect at least one screen-look downfield shot this week. reid is also going to look at the lack of running production, and he'll have something cooked up to address that.

philadelphia is one of the most dangerous teams in the league--they can beat anybody. it's just a matter of who executes better.

uhhh...yeah, they can. while they did exactly what i predicted and came out with a conservative defensive gameplan, they were waaaay too conservative. this handed dallas the initiative. expect to see substantially more pressure this week.

if philly brings pressure and exercises good gap control on their interior blitzes, they absolutely have the potential to disrupt the cowboys' offensive flow. garrett is a streaky playcaller, and romo is somewhat of a streaky passer--they both need to get on a roll before becoming truly effective.

offensively, they can score from anywhere on the field, at any time. it isn't just the downfield speed (where they are one of the best teams in the league), but also mcnabb's ability to keep a play going and find the open man after the play breaks down. this should sound familiar, since it is romo's strength, also.

the cowboys played the screen exceptionally well--you could watch the D linemen react instantly--this means that they spent an enormous amount of time prepping for it, and you can bet that reid saw this also. expect at least one screen-look downfield shot this week. reid is also going to look at the lack of running production, and he'll have something cooked up to address that.

philadelphia is one of the most dangerous teams in the league--they can beat anybody. it's just a matter of who executes better.

I am not wasting time arguing with other dallas fans. they lost their starting center........their offensive line is wrecked.......ratliff and ware and spencer are gonna sack the shiot out of mcnabb saturday again. the eagles are a good team but dallas matches up with them very well.........they just wont win in game three. the very reason you claim they are deadly is why they will lose........too many rookies...........their guys dont know how to win big games

their guys dont know how to win big games

you did not just post that.

seriously dude--enthusiasm is good, but be intelligent. ratliff, ware, and spencer combined had a total of 2 sacks against that depleted O line, and mcnabb had considerable time in the pocket. we had a large number of blown coverages, 3 of which would have gone for easy TDs (hamlin's bust in the slot, macklin's drop, and jenkins getting saved by an underthrow).

look at austin's big gainer in the second half--if the ball was 3 inches inside, it would have been a pick-6. think of the newman/marshall TD earlier in the season.

one or two plays go differently, and the whole complexion of the game is altered. if you don't think that philly is capable of bouncing back, you're just deluded by homerism or ignorant of the sport.

finally, it's bad form to act like an ass in a thread where multiple anti-cowboys are coming and giving romo props. hell--the thread was started by a guy who stood up and said he was wrong about romo. you're exhibiting the worst kind of fan behavior--a bad loser and a bad winner.

just try to be gracious and act like an adult.

ok ok, first let me say that Romo has played above my expectations this December. He has limited the distractions and done exactly what he has to do.

now to address your post.

Imo Romo does NOT have to win a Super Bowl but he does have to win a playoff game and probably does need to go deep into the playoffs to shed the choker label. Why? The past. The two guys you mentioned have not had the teams around them that Romo has every season. Carson Palmer's best team and best shot in the playoffs was derailed by a nasty injury. And as far as I know, neither have made the blatant mistakes Romo has such as fumbling the hold. Is it fair? maybe, maybe not but the truth is, these mistakes as well as his penchant for the tabloids has given him this image and now he must change it.

You are also 100% correct in saying that if Dallas wins its "the defense or "dallas" that won the game but if they lose its Romo's fault. BUT any Cowboy fan or Romo supporter will do the exact same thing. If Dallas loses, the "team" didn't help Romo and when they win, "Romo has shed the choker label".

you did not just post that.

seriously dude--enthusiasm is good, but be intelligent. ratliff, ware, and spencer combined had a total of 2 sacks against that depleted O line, and mcnabb had considerable time in the pocket. we had a large number of blown coverages, 3 of which would have gone for easy TDs (hamlin's bust in the slot, macklin's drop, and jenkins getting saved by an underthrow).

look at austin's big gainer in the second half--if the ball was 3 inches inside, it would have been a pick-6. think of the newman/marshall TD earlier in the season.

one or two plays go differently, and the whole complexion of the game is altered. if you don't think that philly is capable of bouncing back, you're just deluded by homerism or ignorant of the sport.

finally, it's bad form to act like an ass in a thread where multiple anti-cowboys are coming and giving romo props. hell--the thread was started by a guy who stood up and said he was wrong about romo. you're exhibiting the worst kind of fan behavior--a bad loser and a bad winner.

just try to be gracious and act like an adult.

As an Eagle fan, all I can say is, very well said. :nono:

As an Eagle fan, all I can say is, very well said. :lol:

hey! don't get happy! i still despise those green bastages.

i'm just realistic about their capabilities. i'd be a lot more comfortable playing GB or zona.

hey! don't get happy! i still despise those green bastages.

i'm just realistic about their capabilities. i'd be a lot more comfortable playing GB or zona.

I would have it no other way than for you to hate the green bastages. I am just happy you can talk football intelligently without resorting to stupid statements like the person you were responding to.

I, too, would rather be playing GB or Arizona. Dallas probably has the best defense in the NFC, and the most well rounded offense. Losing to Dallas 3x's in one season would be bad, and having the last two eliminate us from the playoffs would be just about the worst way for the Eagle's season to end. However, based on the turnover and injuries on the Eagles this year, I can at least say we lost to a more talented team. If somehow we beat Dallas on Saturday, it will be a nice to elimate Dallas as an underdog and keep their playoff losing streak alive.

Good luck, and I hope, win or lose, the Eagles come with their best effort this week.

I would have it no other way than for you to hate the green bastages. I am just happy you can talk football intelligently without resorting to stupid statements like the person you were responding to.

I, too, would rather be playing GB or Arizona. Dallas probably has the best defense in the NFC, and the most well rounded offense. Losing to Dallas 3x's in one season would be bad, and having the last two eliminate us from the playoffs would be just about the worst way for the Eagle's season to end. However, based on the turnover and injuries on the Eagles this year, I can at least say we lost to a more talented team. If somehow we beat Dallas on Saturday, it will be a nice to elimate Dallas as an underdog and keep their playoff losing streak alive.

Good luck, and I hope, win or lose, the Eagles come with their best effort this week.

siren is not a real fan.......he has nothing on me........the eagles will lost saturday