Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

NFL needs to help out defenses now

Now this is great for fantasy. But it looks more like a video game now.

Has there ever been a year where so many top players didn't miss a game?

Many of the RB and WR numbers are typical, but overall this is way out of the ordinary.

QB

4000 yard passers: 10 :doublethumbsup:

25 TD passes: 12

63+% completion: 12

started 14+ games: 23 :blink:

RB

1000yrd rushers: 15

10+tds: 12

4.4+ypc: 15 (800yds min)

15+ games played: 18 (800yds min)

WR

1000yds: 23

100catches: 6

10+tds: 6

15+ games: 30 (800yds min)

TE

950+yds: 5

8+td: 6

75+ catches: 8

Kickers

100+ pts: 16

25+FGs : 14 :shocking:

I could do without the bullsh!t pass interference stuff..... :doublethumbsup:

Its because if the defender even looks at the Wideout wrong they throw a flag :doublethumbsup:

Revis does fine :wacko:

I see you do not let the facts get in the way of your argument.

I calculated out the average points per game per team from the stats on nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-n=1

On average each team scored 21.6 points per game. This is right in line with the historical average.

First, NFL scoring. Since the late 1940s, when Harry Truman was president and the tech rumor was that Blaupunkt was designing an FM radio for the dashboard of cars, NFL scoring has hovered between 21 and 22 points per team per game. Last season, the average was 22 points; in 2007, it was 21.7 points; in 1987, it was 21.6 points; in 1967, it was 21.8 points; in 1947, it was 22 points. So far this season, the average is 21.1. (Check any past year here.) The averages are so consistent it's almost spooky, as though there were a "power law" dictating an outcome of 21 to 22 points per team per NFL game. Offensive fads have come and gone: single wing, run and shoot, I backfield, full house, no huddle, double tight, the spread. Tactics change, scoring remains about the same.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl

couple rule changes will fix this.

no more holding penalties on either side of the ball and no more pass interference on either side of the ball.

:wall:

I see you do not let the facts get in the way of your argument.

I calculated out the average points per game per team from the stats on nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?off...mp;d-447263-n=1

On average each team scored 21.6 points per game. This is right in line with the historical average.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl

Fail

You are arguing entirely the wrong point. Link to where I claimed teams were scoring so much more????

Has there ever been a year where so many top players didn't miss a game?

Many of the RB and WR numbers are typical, but overall this is way out of the ordinary.

This is about overprotecting the QB and offense resulting in many more players putting up better numbers because they're in every game.

And no, 'better numbers' does not = 'more points' because a backup would just be getting those stats instead.

did I mention Fail?

you are new here so I went easy on ya

It sounds like you are upset at the NFL because so many starting QB's stayed healthy. Really? I think it's a good thing for both the teams and the league. It produces more revenue, keeps top teams more competitive, and keeps the games more evenly fit. I mean who really wants to watch Coyer vs. Painter in the anticipated Pats vs. Colts matchup??

I do understand that the league is becoming more of a pass happy league...I think part of it is the rule changes, part of it is the development of some young QBs (Schaub, Romo, Ryan, Flacco, Manning, Roth, Rivers, Rodgers, etc), but also partly because of the physicality in the running game. RB's don't last as long as they used to because of the pure size of the DEF.

It sounds like you are upset at the NFL because so many starting QB's stayed healthy. Really? I think it's a good thing for both the teams and the league. It produces more revenue, keeps top teams more competitive, and keeps the games more evenly fit. I mean who really wants to watch Coyer vs. Painter in the anticipated Pats vs. Colts matchup??

I do understand that the league is becoming more of a pass happy league...I think part of it is the rule changes, part of it is the development of some young QBs (Schaub, Romo, Ryan, Flacco, Manning, Roth, Rivers, Rodgers, etc), but also partly because of the physicality in the running game. RB's don't last as long as they used to because of the pure size of the DEF.

go ahead and turn on nfl countdown. they're gonna spend a little bit of time on pref treatment of QBs. cris carter

already said how nuts it is to have so many 4000 yard passers.

but of course I'm the only one bringing this up right? well me and espn and every analyst there

Sounds like an argument from someone who lost his league championship to someone who's QB, RB's and WR's played all 16 games.

uhhh nope. try again

go ahead and turn on nfl countdown. they're gonna spend a little bit of time on pref treatment of QBs. cris carter

already said how nuts it is to have so many 4000 yard passers.

but of course I'm the only one bringing this up right? well me and espn and every analyst there

Then be mad at the referee committee for passing the new rules, or the referees on the field who make the bad calls.

Don't get upset that "more QB's didn't get hit" :music_guitarred: I think the few injuries we have, especially at the QB position, the better the sport is in just about every aspect you look at it.

Then be mad at the referee committee for passing the new rules, or the referees on the field who make the bad calls.

Don't get upset that "more QB's didn't get hit" :doublethumbsup: I think the few injuries we have, especially at the QB position, the better the sport is in just about every aspect you look at it.

and rodney harrison said they were wearing skirts out there

punkamalu called it a pansy game

aikman even calls it ridiculous

plenty of vets, pro bowlers and HOFers saying the same thing I am.

and rodney harrison said they were wearing skirts out there

punkamalu called it a pansy game

aikman even calls it ridiculous

plenty of vets, pro bowlers and HOFers saying the same thing I am.

Dude - just re-phrase what you are saying.

Your original post essentially said the NFL needs to change the rules because not enough QB's are getting hurt.

I agree QB's are pampered, I actually don't MIND the rules in place for hitting the QB (except any hand to the face is dumb), but I just hate the enforcement of the rules. But you hafta understand that the game is a lot more violent today than it was 10, 20, 30 years ago. Your average lineman hitting Brady/Manning are now 300+ pounds of brute strength, not 260 pounds. Some measures have to be taken to protect teams and players. The QB is the most important position in the NFL, both for on-the-field success, and for off-the-field revenue. Just think of how many ticket sales, jersey sales, etc. etc. are lost if Peyton Manning went out for the season, and the Colts fall to 4-12 with Curtis Painter under center. That impact is 100 times greater than if a star RB goes down, or a star WR goes down, or a star MLB goes down.

QB's are the face of the franchise, and will probably continue to get special treatment.

Dude - just re-phrase what you are saying.

Your original post essentially said the NFL needs to change the rules because not enough QB's are getting hurt.

I agree QB's are pampered, I actually don't MIND the rules in place for hitting the QB (except any hand to the face is dumb), but I just hate the enforcement of the rules. But you hafta understand that the game is a lot more violent today than it was 10, 20, 30 years ago. Your average lineman hitting Brady/Manning are now 300+ pounds of brute strength, not 260 pounds. Some measures have to be taken to protect teams and players. The QB is the most important position in the NFL, both for on-the-field success, and for off-the-field revenue. Just think of how many ticket sales, jersey sales, etc. etc. are lost if Peyton Manning went out for the season, and the Colts fall to 4-12 with Curtis Painter under center. That impact is 100 times greater than if a star RB goes down, or a star WR goes down, or a star MLB goes down.

QB's are the face of the franchise, and will probably continue to get special treatment.

Well there you go, I side with players and history and violence.

You side with Brady and owners and revenue.

Whether or not it will produce a considerable amount more in statistics, I hate the way they have stripped the defender of playing the game.

Well there you go, I side with players and history and violence.

You side with Brady and owners and revenue.

So you'd rather an NFL lead by Painter, Hoyer, Kitna, and all the other backups?

With 1/2 the starters missing significant time?

Wow, sounds like a great league.

And don't put words in my mouth, I'm not siding with the players and Brady. I absolutely fockin hate those calls that Brady got in the week 4 matchup with the Ravens. He cries every time someone gets close to him. A lot of QB's do, that's why I said I hate the ENFORCEMENT of the rules, because they are so inconsistent.

Link to where I claimed teams were scoring so much more????

You said the defenses need help in your title. My counter argument is that the defenses are doing just as well as they always have.