Sign in to follow this  
throttlers

Chris Johnson for Stewart and Harvin?

Both teams are good and deep so this has nothing to do with rosters or need. Let me put it this way, if you were building a dynasty team from scratch, would you rather have Chris J or the combo of Harvin and Stewart. This league gives a lot of points for all purpose yards so last year Harvin was the #3 WR with 340pts, Johnson was the top RB with 390 and Stewart came in 16th with 206. Which is the better start to a team CJ or Harvin/Stewart?

Both teams are good and deep so this has nothing to do with rosters or need. Let me put it this way, if you were building a dynasty team from scratch, would you rather have Chris J or the combo of Harvin and Stewart. This league gives a lot of points for all purpose yards so last year Harvin was the #3 WR with 340pts, Johnson was the top RB with 390 and Stewart came in 16th with 206. Which is the better start to a team CJ or Harvin/Stewart?

2/1 makes this lean towards Harvin/Stewart in my opinon. I really like Johnson, but in a dynasty I think both Harvin and Stewart are worth the trade in your all purpose yard format. Plus you have the added benefit of Stewart possibly becoming the man/stud. Worth the speculative risk for me if I get a 2 for 1. Don't discount the chance the Vikings use Harvin more in the backfield since they didn't get LT. Nothing to base this on but speculation, but Harvin has a history in college of being used out of the backfield, and in my opinion there's a chance he Vikes consider this as an option to spell AD.

Harvin is going to be one non-stop 'headache' for you with his migraine problem. Trust me, I speak from experience. You'll be checking your roster every day right before game time. And even then, you might not catch it because his migraines sometimes just hit him instantly.

Percy Harvin was really the #3 overall WR last year? Sounds like your league needs to address a few scoring changes - but if that's really the case...it's a no brainer that I'd rather have Stewart and Harvin.

Yes Stewart & Harvin aren't exactly durable, but Chris Johnson is a very, very small RB that I could see develop some injury problems, especially later in his career...and especially because he relies on his speed so much. But based on your league settings, this is like trading Chris Johnson for L. Fitz & J. Stewart - and that's tough to pass up.

I love Stewart, but at this point I'd go with CJ.

I think he asked a fair price for CJ, but I do not think CJ will warrant 300+ touches again going forward. He will get around 250. Jstew is looking to get half the work load in carolina from all the talk. I'd rather keep jstew and harvin. Very good chance of those two guys improving over their last year(s) performances and becoming wr2 and rb2/rb1.

I am sticking with jstew and harvin in your shoes.

CJ and not close for me. Stewart is good but I am not sold on Harvin especially post B.Favre. You know what you have in CJ and he is a top 3 dynasty RB. I would want a better WR with Stewart then maybe.

I'd want 4.24.... (Although I do have man love)

First to me you can't compare the 2 for 1 deal - Cause your going to have "another player" to use with CJ. That player could be a top 10-20 player too?

I'll take CJ and even say a top 15 wide vs Stewart and Harvin who I can't fully trust week to week. Even a free agent with CJ can compare.

Somebody else will fill that 2nd player is what I'm saying. CJ is the BEST though. You have the #1 RB compared to a #16. And if Deangelo is healthy who know's if he'll be that high.

Second - Harvin has issues. Hurt, headaces, etc. He's borderline #2-#3 wide for his team. And after Favre goes who knows. PLUS, someday he could be taken off the kick return duties and if so that's a HUGE portion of why he's even #3 wide in your league.

I'm sure you have all kinds of kick returners in your top 15 in that league. (i.e. sucky)

Third - Stewart has health issues too. And he's in a RBBC to where in my view is still #2 on that team. Sure some day he could be #1 - But, who knows if he's up to the task. The Line might be alot weaker by then, S. Smith could be long gone and teams stack the box, etc.

My .02 says 4.24

CJ and not close for me. Stewart is good but I am not sold on Harvin especially post B.Favre. You know what you have in CJ and he is a top 3 dynasty RB. I would want a better WR with Stewart then maybe.

You didn't pay attention to the OP did you? Harvin was the #3 WR in the entire league according to his settings (i dunno how, but he was).

You guys can't go about this as a regular Harvin/Stewart for CJ24 trade. It's a top5-10 WR and a top 5-7 dynasty RB for a top3 dynasty RB. I think you do it.

Stay with CJ.

Harvin, as said - too many issues. Plus - he's a WR2/3 on the Vikes - WITH Favre. You never know what he's going to do (hey go ahead and please fumble away the NFC title game please k thx bye)

Stewart is a ###### machine. I'd take him in the 3rd to be honest while I laugh at the D'Angelo owner (cause you KNOW D'Will is gonna bet abused) but CJ is just too valuable. Hate to say it but I DO NOT see a Turner-like BUST from all those carries. His body is alot more secure. :headbanger: (even if he is a thug moron)