Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Five & Six Commentary**

I had Felix, Best, and Ronnie all ranked beside one another. I simply picked the rookie because, well, it was more fun to do so.

Can't fault you for that....... :wave:

It's interesting...this is the third day in a row that NAn's pick has come up at almost the exact same time...and he's gone.

He just needs to be here about 1:00-1:30 central time every afternoon and he'd be good to go.... :wave:

Monday, I picked at 1:08 pm (1st round)

Tuesday, at 1:25 pm (3rd round)

Today, at 1:04 pm (5th round)

We are getting predictable...

Monday, I picked at 1:08 pm (1st round)

Tuesday, at 1:25 pm (3rd round)

Today, at 1:04 pm (5th round)

We are getting predictable...

Some of us are, some of you, I swear to Allah, i have no idea what you are thinking..... :wave:

Teams I like thus far

WhiteWonder - huh? I can't say myself? ok

Remote - Really like the Rice and Mathews duo at RB. Also like DJax. Not sure about Ocho but could be a good pick with the added talent around him.

ICEMAN - Love the first 4 picks. Steve Smith will be back this year! Not sure about Witten with his lack of TD's, might have waited and grabbed another TE later on.

Clash - Have to love Gore with the added lineman. Romo is my 4th ranked QB. Like Marshall more in PPR but like him either way... Addai and Nicks were both solid picks at those spots.

I'm pretty pleased with my 5&6 picks here...I feared that I was going to have to hold my nose for the picks, but Jones and Harvin are definitely a high upside combo.

With Crabtree and Harvin, I've got the potential for some explosive play at the WR position...but, you can bet I'm going to be drafting some safer vets to round out that corps. If both were to suffer sophomore slumps, a contingency plan must be in place.

Sims-Walker is a solid pick...I just think he'll face double teams some as there's really no one opposite him to draw away the defense's attention.

I am down with that Harvin pick, he was my top choice if he made it back to 6.04 :music_guitarred:

He just needs to be here about 1:00-1:30 central time every afternoon and he'd be good to go.... :music_guitarred:

Which is 10-1030 my time, when I am almost always in meetings. :doublethumbsup:

Which is 10-1030 my time, when I am almost always in meetings. :music_guitarred:

:doublethumbsup:

Such is life, my friend....such is life.

Thoughts on Harrison...this spot and overall?

Actually think it's 'ok' but not feeling my draft right now. If I knew Boldin was going to fall at 3/4 turn would have went DWill early on.

Wanted to get another WR here but with Forte pick felt I had to get semi-decent option as #3RB. If I had went DWill I wouldn't have necessarily had that concern and went with Harvin, which I agree is a solid pick.

Thoughts on Harrison...this spot and overall?

Actually think it's 'ok' but not feeling my draft right now. If I knew Boldin was going to fall at 3/4 turn would have went DWill early on.

Wanted to get another WR here but with Forte pick felt I had to get semi-decent option as #3RB. If I had went DWill I wouldn't have necessarily had that concern and went with Harvin, which I agree is a solid pick.

I'm sold on Harrison. Just not sold on the idea that Cleveland is going to let him have the gig. If they hadn't have drafted *****, I'd feel good about him.

Again, they've got a decent OL and Harrison was terrific last December. I just don't know if they're going to let the pony out of the barn this year, so to speak.

hard to tell with harrison. he always seems to produce when he plays but just doesnt ever seem to have the vote of confidence.

hard to tell with harrison. he always seems to produce when he plays but just doesnt ever seem to have the vote of confidence.

Exactly what I was trying to say. It's not a knock on him...just the people who decide whether or not to play him.

Exactly what I was trying to say. It's not a knock on him...just the people who decide whether or not to play him.

Okay sounds like were on same page on him as that's pretty much my thinking as well...just trying to protect the Forte pick.

I wouldn't have taken him over a few choices like spiller or **** or *****. Certainly not with the constant news on *****. It is still early though, and hard not to like what happened at the end of last year.

Not bad just wouldn't be my cup of tea in your situation.

ill be heading out for a little while

can i PM someone a 1 player list ;) incase Clash shows up?

ill be heading out for a little while

can i PM someone a 1 player list ;) incase Clash shows up?

Sure, send it to me. I'm keeping watch for RC as he's only available via phone for a while.

Sure, send it to me. I'm keeping watch for RC as he's only available via phone for a while.

PM'd you and also e-mailed fumble. thanks

PM'd you and also e-mailed fumble. thanks

Got it..... but, ummmm really? You want him? This early?

;)

Got it..... but, ummmm really? You want him? This early?

:lol:

Oh, Crap!!!! Is it ******** **********??? ;)

ICEMAN

Nice pick, Clash....Williams could be a real steal if Brown is not up to speed...

Even if he is, they like to mix Ricky in quite a bit. Solid 6th round value with potential for greater things...

Jacobs was the other guy that I really wanted to take in this round and I really struggled with my selection. I ended up taking driver due to the combination of need and value, but I think that Jacobs could be the bounce-back player of the year. I easily could see 900-1100 yards and 10-12 TD's. All he has to do is stay healthy. Good pick, KSB.

ICEMAN

Santana Moss - for once I agree with FFToday projections! ;) just kidding :lol: ..... :thumbsup:

I think ________ will be the best QB he has had and will be able to get him the ball deep and utilize his strengths. Ideally would be my #3 WR but unlike last year I chose to grab a QB and TE earlier.

in line for 1000 and 6-8 imo.

It's interesting...this is the third day in a row that NAn's pick has come up at almost the exact same time...and he's gone.

He just needs to be here about 1:00-1:30 central time every afternoon and he'd be good to go.... :(

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I wonder if it has anything to do with where we stop at night??? :thumbsdown: