Sign in to follow this  
kutulu

Will Vincent Jackson be traded and if so, where?

Most rumors don't amount to anything, but there is starting to be a little smoke on the VJ front. I've read rumors the seahawks have inquired and the bears and redskins might be thinking about it. I'm sweating the situation as I have VJ as a number one WR in a early draft fft league. Could be decent on either Chicago or Washington...

AJ Smith plays hard ball when it comes to dealing with players looking for big $. Look at what happened with Ladanian, Cromartie, and even dealing Brees to New Orleans. He was recently quoted that he is willing to move forward with his team without Jackson and the O-line guy. I would be nervous about drafting Jackson at this point since there is a chance he could potentially sit out all of the off season. His hand would be then be forced to either play or sit at the beginning of the season and I think his plan to get a long term contract could back fire. He has a lot of off field issues and IMO not in the top tier of elite WR's so for a team to give him a long term deal is pretty unlikely. He's come on in the past few years and is a good WR but hopefully you have someone else better than relying on him as a WR1.

Sweet Christ! If you missed out on one talented, sub-30 WR this offseason (Marshall, Holmes) just wait a few weeks and another will become available.

As a homer, I dont want to see AJ Smith fleece the Hawks again (though there is some upside to the previous fleecing). I'll be scratching my head if they give up a 1st round value for him. I'd much rather have Brandon Marshall and his character risks.

From a FF perspective, Washington is probably his best bet to maintain value. Wherever he goes, he'll definitely miss Rivers.

The Redskins make so much sense it's scary. They want to win now with McNabb. Their best WR is a small speed guy which would compliment the big and talented V-Jax. The owner is known to spend money to get players. The Redskins are not in the same divsion as the Chargers. :dunno:

Wherever he goes, he'll definitely miss Rivers.

And vice versa...

L........I.........B (in my best cajun)

Bears Considering Vincent Jackson --

Wed Jun 30, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that in addition to the Redskins and Seahawks, the Bears have debated making a run at Chargers WR Vincent Jackson.

The Redskins make so much sense it's scary. They want to win now with McNabb. Their best WR is a small speed guy which would compliment the big and talented V-Jax. The owner is known to spend money to get players. The Redskins are not in the same divsion as the Chargers. :dunno:

and:

According to Williamson, Shanahan has been "a big fan" of Jackson dating back to the 2005 NFL Draft, when Shanahan's Broncos reportedly considered selecting the eventual Pro Bowl receiver. Williamson was covering the Broncos for the Denver Post at the time, so he's a credible source.

Williamson says Jackson was next on Shanahan's draft board when the Broncos selected the late Darrent Williams with the 56th overall pick. Jackson, who played at Northern Colorado, was drafted 61st overall by San Diego, "and the Broncos were not happy about it.

~pft.com

Does Malcolm Floyd step and get VJ's numbers?

i mean, Jackson has yet to catch 70 balls in a season. i realize he was somewhat behind gates and LT but i will laugh a little if a team gives up as much or more than the dolphins gave to acquire Marshall.

i mean, Jackson has yet to catch 70 balls in a season. i realize he was somewhat behind gates and LT but i will laugh a little if a team gives up as much or more than the dolphins gave to acquire Marshall.

I agree. I'd much rather have Marshall or Holmes.

I don't think anybody compares Jackson to Marshall on the football field. Marshall has a better skill set. However, I think you're looking at this more through fantasy football eyes than actual football eyes. V-Jax is young, he's like 6'5", and he's been getting better every year (it seems :unsure: ). He's a great asset to have. I would rather have him on my team than Santonio Holmes.

If I'm the Redskins I do not give up a 1rst round pick for him. But I do give a 2011 2nd rounder or less for him tomorrow though.

I don't think anybody compares Jackson to Marshall on the football field. Marshall has a better skill set. However, I think you're looking at this more through fantasy football eyes than actual football eyes. V-Jax is young, he's like 6'5", and he's been getting better every year (it seems :unsure: ). He's a great asset to have. I would rather have him on my team than Santonio Holmes.

If I'm the Redskins I do not give up a 1rst round pick for him. But I do give a 2011 2nd rounder or less for him tomorrow though.

no im speaking real football terms. in fantasy he is a great standard scoring WR :P

my comment was about not wanting to see some team pay the price the Dolphins paid for Brandon Marshall. I feel, as you do, that Marshall is the better talent.

for what its worth i think Holmes is more talented as well but VJax is closer there.

Just an fyi, was reading that VJ is working out with McNabb in Phoenix on Pro Football Talk.

They are also saying he is expecting a 4 game suspension.

True, I have a feeling it will be 2 games,

I agree, but can he serve his suspension concurrently while holding out?

or, if he holds out, does he then serve his suspension?

This is what it had in the newspaper here in San Diego's Union Tribune:

Two league sources said it was the Chargers who declined the Seahawks’ overtures. However, the price to secure Jackson could be a deterrent as well. Any team trading for Jackson will also have to sign him to a long-term deal.

Numerous sources indicated teams are already aware of the type of money Jackson and his agents are looking for — a slight bump up from the four-year, $47.5 million deal Brandon Marshall received when he was traded from the Denver Broncos to the Miami Dolphins in April.

Does he really think he is better than Brandon Marshall? He wants more money than him, and has 2 DUIs is looking at a 4 game suspension. If he had one more "mishap" how long would the next suspension be? Cmon Chargers lets hose Seattle again! :banana:

I agree. I'd much rather have Marshall or Holmes.

Vincent Jackson is WAY better then Holmes in my view. Not even close.

Marshall does have Jackson on talent, but Jackson is a good player. He can get down the field deep and seperate from top corners. He's had NO help on the other side other then Gates. I like Jackson allot!

He's not in Marhsall's class of course (Top 5 wide) but who is and Jackson is still young and improving.

Jackson has improved every year and last year was his first real break out type year. He should continoue to get allot better although his off the field troubles and hold out could damage that idea.

But, he's also not used like Brandon was. SD does not pass to there wide 20 times a game. Rivers spreads the ball around.

I think something close to Marshall is not something to laugh at though. Jackson is a very good football player! SD/Rivers WILL STRUGGLE without him.

I would welcome him to Seattle.

BUT, the price has to be right. Afterall, we are completely rebuilding. And we passed on Marshall already.

Although I'd like to see the Whitehurst to Jackson combo down the road on our team. And TJ is no spring chicken.

What concerns me though - Is WHY the need? Is our wides not doing so well? Why did we jump on this so fast?

Is Tate not showing enough? I was hoping Tate could be plugged right in and become a Jackson starting wide. :(

IF NOT, we will be weak at wide cause I'm not sure anybody else is any good. Bates has the most potential. Branch is garbage though, and should be cut.

I have zero faith in Williams really.

Anyway, seems like SD must have wanted allot. I think we more inquired about it.

Wash seems like the fit that would happen. McNabb would be happy!

The Patriots should gobble him up. They already have a ton of picks going into next years draft including an extra 1st and 2nd. If they do not plan on keeping Moss beyond this year, why not trade picks for Jackson and pay him the money he has earned. And they would have a high powered offense for another season with Brady to Moss and Jackson. That seems like a pretty scary offense.

The most logical team is Washington...as stated above they want to win now and a big play WR will help them get there.

Patriots are always an option and if VJAX goes there Brady could throw 70 TDs.

The Patriots should gobble him up. They already have a ton of picks going into next years draft including an extra 1st and 2nd. If they do not plan on keeping Moss beyond this year, why not trade picks for Jackson and pay him the money he has earned. And they would have a high powered offense for another season with Brady to Moss and Jackson. That seems like a pretty scary offense.

What concerns me though - Is WHY the need? Is our wides not doing so well? Why did we jump on this so fast?

Is Tate not showing enough? I was hoping Tate could be plugged right in and become a Jackson starting wide. :(

IF NOT, we will be weak at wide cause I'm not sure anybody else is any good. Bates has the most potential. Branch is garbage though, and should be cut.

I have zero faith in Williams really.

Anyway, seems like SD must have wanted allot. I think we more inquired about it.

Wash seems like the fit that would happen. McNabb would be happy!

When you have a chance to get a 6'5", 230 lb, 27 yr old WR at a discount you have to look into it. As excited as I am about Tate, he isn't a protypical #1 type of WR. Same with Housh, Branch ect.

I see it playing out similar to the Marshall situation. We'll hang around until the price gets too high. I'm sure he'll end up in DC.