Sign in to follow this  
RW34

Scumbag Commissioner

Kind of a long story but, I've been in a league for 7 years last year we had a new commissioner in place and he basically ran the league into the ground through micromanaging, excessive over commishing, etc. The end result was that 5 owners left the league, out of the 7 remaining owners 5 of us wanted to kick him out of the league all together.

When he was told that he was getting the boot, he kicked us all out except for the one other guy that didnt want him out. So instead of leaving and starting out in another league he kicked the majority of us out and is going forward with the league with 2 owners and the hopes of recruiting ten other guys.

It's a cbs league, any one know what the best way to go about getting the league back would be? I know the owners that were kicked out could start our own league but out of principle i want the league back as well as all the historical stats that are stored on the site

Move on, its a toxic situation from which there can be no remediation.

If the remaining members want to keep the thing alive and find some extra blood, that is your best option.

IMHO start it out as a 10-team league for now, plan to expand it to 12 next year if things go well. You will need to find a commish willing to put forth the effort and put up with the garbage, and also a back up to him for when he gets busy.

yeah, theres no point in proceeding with this further.

if you have the emails of all the guys leaving, just form a new league. If you can remember the rosters, then that is a bonus, but it may just be easier to start over from scratch.

put this guy behind you and never look back.

going back and attempting some form of power struggle will accomplish what? probably aggravation and anger.

for what purpose? getting back what you could have anyways if you contact everyone and start new.

Thanks guys, what i was hoping is that the owners that got kicked out would go back to the league site and the scumbag commish would take a hike so there would be no power struggle. Just irritating that the little weasel has the nerve to boot everyone instead of saving some face and leaving the league.

Thanks guys, what i was hoping is that the owners that got kicked out would go back to the league site and the scumbag commish would take a hike so there would be no power struggle. Just irritating that the little weasel has the nerve to boot everyone instead of saving some face and leaving the league.

If you have played long enough you eventually face this. Chalk it up to experience and next time you will be better prepared for it. :thumbsup:

I think a PM to Phillybear is in order.

It's going to the ultimate darkside. But a Fballer has to do what a Fballer has to do.

:ninja: May god rest your soul with this decision though :ninja:

:bandana:

How can I get a hold of this guy? It sounds like there are openings in his league?

Just kidding, do the whole ring the doorbell and punch him in the face even if you have to hire a PI to get his address.

Just kidding, do the whole ring the doorbell and punch him in the face even if you have to hire a PI to get his address.

Damn......beat me to it. Make sure his kids are there, too.

How did the new commissioner take over? Was he already an owner in the league?

I've been a CBS commissioner for years and even if I wanted to give it up to someone else in the league, I'm pretty sure I would always retain my commissioner access since I'm the one that initiated the league. At some point, the original commissioner had to grant access to the new guy.

Maybe it's possible that someone else in your league still has commissioner access and would be able to copy the history.

what surprises me is just how hard it is to keep a league together.

I play in 3-7 leagues a year for the last 5 years and not a single league has seen less than 5 or 6 people leave since I started them (or left them).

And dynasty's are just that much harder because you ahve to continue from the last year. My one dynasty that has lasted 7 years has seen 11 or 12 people come and go around the 5 or 6 originals that remain... and I am about to quit that one because it has gotten too personal...

on one hand we are all grown men and on the other it only takes one or two rotten apples to spoil each league, just like this jackass commish of yours... If I were you I would leave it be and start a new league with the people you still get along with.

jdon

This sucks!

My advice would be to start another league, elect somebody stable and mild tempered, and save historical stats to your hard drive. For the past 10 years, I've been managing a league through CBS, and every offseason go through a song and dance about switching our leagues website to a less expensive one. Most guys in the league see their $12 contribution to CBS as the cost of doing business (the $12 makes up less than 10% of each teams finances), but argue in favor of preserving the leagues history, which they can't be convinced is possible without paying. My solution has been to save screen-shots (command+shift+3 on a Mac) of every screen that shows our leagues decade long history in the event that one day I'll be able to convince them otherwise. The data-entry of all the information into a new site will be exhaustive, but well worth the time when you factor in the monetary savings moving forward.

This probably did nothing to solve your dilemma, but may be a solution to recovering your leagues history if you can convince one of the two remaining teams with access to assist you in the process.

Good luck!

actually, at least 6 of the remaining 7 league members are returning now that the cancers have been removed... and in fact i believe there are at least 11 owners already signed up to continue the league...

just my $0.02

Who paid the fee for the league? Im guessing the retarded commish so if you all leave he will be stuck with the $150 league and no body to play with or have to find people to fill it real quick and that wont be easy.

So you guys are really the ones sticking it to him.:thumbsup: Maybe if you email CBS they will get you the history??? maybe but any way i think you guys have the last laugh

Kind of a long story but, I've been in a league for 7 years last year we had a new commissioner in place and he basically ran the league into the ground through micromanaging, excessive over commishing, etc. The end result was that 5 owners left the league, out of the 7 remaining owners 5 of us wanted to kick him out of the league all together.

When he was told that he was getting the boot, he kicked us all out except for the one other guy that didnt want him out. So instead of leaving and starting out in another league he kicked the majority of us out and is going forward with the league with 2 owners and the hopes of recruiting ten other guys.

It's a cbs league, any one know what the best way to go about getting the league back would be? I know the owners that were kicked out could start our own league but out of principle i want the league back as well as all the historical stats that are stored on the site

File a small claims lawsuit...when Judge Judy comes knocking, transfer your case over and give us all something hilarious to DVR (or just submit it as a script for Season 2 of The League.

All the other owners should quit and start a new league without him. He is still the commish and everyone else is happy to be in a new league with out him.

House, family, face..... :D

i want the league back as well as all the historical stats that are stored on the site

Start a new league...Name it "_____isana-hole" and dowload your yearly stats to excel and save it on a google group like we do.