Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

DOW flirting with 10,000

Obama. :thumbsdown:

RP,

I'm as much of an Obama hater as you are, but come on man, unless you are trying to start an argument with the Libs you should relax a bit on all the negativity. The president and his cronies can't be the blame for all the bad stuff that happens causing the market to drop. :nono: I know everything in the past was Bush's fault, but rise above and take a deep breath once in a while. :wave:

Sincerely,

JTB :cheers:

RP,

I'm as much of an Obama hater as you are, but come on man, unless you are trying to start an argument with the Libs you should relax a bit on all the negativity. The president and his cronies can't be the blame for all the bad stuff that happens causing the market to drop. :nono: I know everything in the past was Bush's fault, but rise above and take a deep breath once in a while. :wave:

Sincerely,

JTB :cheers:

Why you no mind own business and buy vowell for suck ass name?

JayTeeBee? :dunno:

Fukking rice eatin chop stick using orientals anyway! :music_guitarred:

Dow Faces Bouncy Ride to 5,000: Strategist

http://www.cnbc.com/id/38826988

The Dow Jones Industrial Average will lose about half of its value over the next couple of years as it follows a Nikkei-like pattern of several sharp rallies in an overall decline, according to Charles Nenner, founder and president of Charles Nenner research.

Stocks are currently in a bear-market rally, and looking at charts and past trends, unemployment and leading indicators suggest the Dow will drop to 5,000 in the next two to two-and-a-half years, Nenner told CNBC in an e-mail.

Deflation will arrive, along with a sharp double-dip recession, pushing the Dow lower, although, like the Japanese market, stocks will see several jumps of 30 percent to 40 percent, he said.

"Things look really bad for the next 10 years," Nenner said.

While most stocks will get caught in the downturn, the exception will be those with exposure to soft commodities like wheat, corn and soybeans, he added.

Last week, JPMorgan strategist David Kelly said there is still a lot of opportunity in stocks and that a double-dip scenario is "very unlikely."

Nenner is also bullish on gold and silver over the longer term and expects the precious metals to start a new leg higher by the end of the year.

Bond yields should go lower for the next three or four years and the Japanese yen should gain against the dollar, he said, adding that his target was 80 yen per dollar.

Nenner also said that there is a strong case to suggest that the Federal Reserve will ease monetary policy further.

I know everything in the past was Bush's fault

Just 9/11, doubling of the debt and the Iraq War. :overhead:

Why you no mind own business and buy vowell for suck ass name?

Poster of the Day :first:

:cheers:

Market up and market down, more of the same....Obama is much less of a culprit than Greenspan and Bernanke, and even less that Clinton and Bush for that matter...

Obama was handed a loaded deck

but come on man, unless you are trying to start an argument with the Libs you should relax a bit on all the negativity.

:clap:

Actually if you want to use that methodology for blame, then Clinton is really to blame for 9/11 because the CIA had him and ask for authorization to take him out and was denied. Twice.

Also, at this pace, Obama in 8 years would more than double the debt as well. Only this time the debt is 9 trillion, not 4.

Yet you still lose.

there's a man who leads a life of danger

in everyone he meets he sees a stranger

with every move he makes another chance he takes

odds are you won't live to see tomorrow

secret asian man

secret asian man

they're giving you a number

and taking away you're name

beware the pretty faces that you find

a pretty face can hide an evil mind

be careful what yo say you'll give yourself away

secret asian man

(guitar lead)

lyin' on the riviera, one day

hiding out in shanghai, oh, the next day

be careful what you say, while kissing persuasive lips

the odds are you wont live to see tomorrow

secret asian man

Yep, Bush caused 9/11 - :doh:

Yep, Bush alone doubled the debt - :doh:

Yep, Bush went to war in Iraq - :thumbsup: Thank God!

If you were truly asian, the above would have said, "yet, you stirr rose"

That it. I give you number and take away you name. I call with number. You phone still 1-2UGLY2FOCK?

there's a man who leads a life of danger

in everyone he meets he sees a stranger

with every move he makes another chance he takes

secret asian man

secret asian man

beware the pretty faces that you find

a pretty face can hide an evil mind

be careful what yo say you'll give yourself away

secret asian man

(guitar lead)

lyin' on the riviera, one day

hiding out in shanghai, oh, the next day

be careful what you say, while kissing persuasive lips

the odds are you wont live to see tomorrow

secret asian man

:music_guitarred:

It was flirting with 8000 when Obama took over from Bushtard.

God Bless Obama and God Bless America!

:music_guitarred: :pointstosky: :doublethumbsup:

God Bless Obama and God Bless America!

:music_guitarred: :pointstosky: :doublethumbsup:

So our return on the Trillion dollars he spent wasn't so good? :(

So our return on the Trillion dollars he spent wasn't so good? :(

The dow is up around 20 percent since Obama took over. A 20% rise in the DOW would represent much more than a trillion dollars.

Yep, Bush caused 9/11 - :doh:

Yep, Bush alone doubled the debt - :doh:

Yep, Bush went to war in Iraq - :thumbsup: Thank God!

Yes to all three, thanks! :overhead:

The dow is up around 20 percent since Obama took over. A 20% rise in the DOW would represent much more than a trillion dollars.

Unemployment was at 7% when Obama took office and shoved his Porkulus bill through. He promised it wouldn't go above 8% if the Porkulus bill was passed. Since it's passage unemployment has been at 9.5% +.

Link us up to where Obama promised his Porkulus bill would make the DOW go up.

:wave:

Unemployment was at 7% when Obama took office and shoved his Porkulus bill through. He promised it wouldn't go above 8% if the Porkulus bill was passed. Since it's passage unemployment has been at 9.5% +.

obama inherited a mess and made it worse with the 787 billion in stimulus for blue states, healthcare, etc.

but bush inherited a surplus and spent like a drunked sailor. I dont rememebr you railing on the Iraq war or medicare part d.

Bush borrowed and spent, obama is taxing and spending

My money is in bonds, U.S. Treasuries, and CDs. I'm slowly building an empire while others will keep losing with stocks and mutual funds. :music_guitarred:

I thought this was a thread about the DOW. Please link to where I said that Obama said that the porkulkus bill would make the dow rise. Since you obviously got owned by bringing up the DOW, you are trying to change the subject. Sorry you lose agaaaain. You are a glutton for punishment. :headbanger: Thanks for playing. :wave:

How about a link to where obama PROMISED the unemployment rate would not rise above 8%? I thought so, fail again. :banana:

I thought this was a thread about the DOW. Please link to where I said that Obama said that the porkulkus bill would make the dow rise.

You linked the rise in the DOW to the porkulus bill, Sport. I asked you to show us where Obama said the porkulus bill would make the DOW go up. You can't, so the fact you linked the two shows your idiocy.

You:

Vikes:

So our return on the Trillion dollars he spent wasn't so good?

You:

How about a link to where obama PROMISED the unemployment rate would not rise above 8%?

Sorry to hear you are unaware the administration claimed the unemployment rate would stay below 8% if the porkulus bill was passed, and go higher if it wasn't.

Falling back on the "I stay completely unimformed" Newbie defense, huh? :overhead: :overhead:

Sorry to hear you are unaware the administration claimed the unemployment rate would stay below 8% if the porkulus bill was passed, and go higher if it wasn't.

Falling back on the "I stay completely unimformed" Newbie defense, huh? :overhead: :overhead:

Where's the link where he PROMISED unemployment would not go above 8%? You stayed up all night looking and this is the best you could come up with? You would have been better off letting this thread die so your lie would stay hidden. Still waiting.......... :rolleyes: :thumbsdown:

Where's the link where he PROMISED unemployment would not go above 8%?

Your right, Newbielight.......they never said anything about 8% unemployment. :rolleyes:

You linked the rise in the DOW to the porkulus bill, Sport. I asked you to show us where Obama said the porkulus bill would make the DOW go up. You can't, so the fact you linked the two shows your idiocy.

You:

Vikes:

You:

Looks like Vikes linked them to me. I said the dow represented more money than a trillion. Where did I say Obama said the stimulus would make the dow rise. I never did because he never did. And you linked Obama's policies to the DOW in the first post.

Your right, Newbielight.......they never said anything about 8% unemployment. :rolleyes:

Obama never promised it would not go above 8%.

Your quote:

Unemployment was at 7% when Obama took office and shoved his Porkulus bill through. He promised it wouldn't go above 8% if the Porkulus bill was passed.

Please provide link or admit your lie.

Keep thinking they didn't use an 8% cap to get the porkulus bill shoved thru.

Unemployment was at 7% when Obama took office and shoved his Porkulus bill through. He promised it wouldn't go above 8% if the Porkulus bill was passed.

Still waiting on the link with his promise that it wouldn't go above 8%. :wave: