Sign in to follow this  
seattleslew

Haven't seen a lot of Steven Jackson paranoia

I don't see a lot of Steven Jackson discussion; positive or negative.

I guess it can't get any worse than last year, at least in the touchdown department.

Anyone confident on a big year?

I wouldn't have taken him but he was still on the board in the third round and was too much to pass up. he had surgery so there is a question about his health, but i agree - rams schedule looks pretty manageable. i'm not too worried about his yardage and he should definitely improve in tds.

I didn't want him but he fell to me at the end of the second round in a 12 man league.

There is no paranoia anymore because I think everyone has dialed down their expectations for him. If he does nothing, people expect it it....of he runs wild people expect it. He's in a weird year of neutral expectation.

I didn't want him but he fell to me at the end of the second round in a 12 man league.

There is no paranoia anymore because I think everyone has dialed down their expectations for him. If he does nothing, people expect it it....of he runs wild people expect it. He's in a weird year of neutral expectation.

If he fell to me at the end of the second round I would be a happy man, thats crazy talk, I don't care who you ask, he has as much upside as any back in the league. I fully expect him to match his yards from scrimmage and at least double his touchdown totals. I really think bradford helps him see more reasonable 7 man fronts instead of 8 guys five yards from the line of scrimmage.

He's had a lot of mileage put on him over the past few years. I've stayed away from him in my drafts, but if he fell far enough (end of the 2nd perhaps) I'd probably pull the trigger.

If he fell to me at the end of the second round I would be a happy man, thats crazy talk, I don't care who you ask, he has as much upside as any back in the league. I fully expect him to match his yards from scrimmage and at least double his touchdown totals. I really think bradford helps him see more reasonable 7 man fronts instead of 8 guys five yards from the line of scrimmage.

I'm kinda happy. Since I didn't have to use a Round 1 pick on him, but, I just can't get excited about it. Had him 2 years ago drafting him early, and he didn't live up to it. He killed the guy who took him early last year in my league too. Dude missed the playoffs.

But in the second round, yeah, I'm not unhappy.

Are you guys joking around about getting him late-2nd and 3rd?

I'm looking at him at 1.09 in 12 team standard, and feel that's OK value.

Not joking. I got the guy late second round. I got the 5th pick in a 12 man draft and he came back to me in the second.

Honestly, I was kinda surprised, but people don't feel good about him. I don't think the guy is a first round pick anymore, that's for sure. He can bury you if you use your first pick on him.

Not joking. I got the guy late second round. I got the 5th pick in a 12 man draft and he came back to me in the second.

Honestly, I was kinda surprised, but people don't feel good about him. I don't think the guy is a first round pick anymore, that's for sure. He can bury you if you use your first pick on him.

I'm in a 2 player keeper league, and my keepers are Brees and SJAX (had a stacked team, but those two are my highest ranked players).

I'm ambivalent about him, but his 4TDs last year really hurt...along with his injury towards the end of the year which had me guessing on his starts/totals. Overall, he consistently put up very good FF points. This year, I have had this "pins and needles" gut feeling like he was going to be hurt, because he is the Rams.

I've been impressed with Bradford, and thought he was just exactly what SJAX needed, but with Avery going down, I'm getting that anxious feeling again. Gotta keep him though: nothing better available if I throw him back (not with my draft position, anyway)...

..........only topped 300 carries 2 times in 6 years last year was 324 but only had 250 in 08'

peterson has had 300 the last 2 seasons

True, but he has averaged about 275 carries per year for the last 5 years. Plus, you have to also consider the fact that he catches a lot of passes every year, which means he takes additional hits on those plays as well. All in all he has gotten about 330 touches per year for the last five years. That's a lot of hits. He's still only 27, so I'm not saying he is washed up or anything like that, I just consider him to be a bit of an injury risk.

Hahaha my draft went 1 CJ 2 RR 3 AP 4 SJAX 5 Gore 6 MJD.....

I had pick 6

I don't ask, I just take =)

I can beat that. I just drafted my money league (10man) and MJD dropped to me at 8th. Then SJax wheeled to me at 13th. :banana:

People are scared of MJD's knee, and cannot trust anything that plays for the Rams. But it made me a happy drafter.

I think bradford playing well in preseason has eased peoples minds a bit on jax. Hes a true beast and there should be someone high on him at the end of the first round or early 2nd in most redrafts.

i really want to say 3rd round is way too low but he just recently went mid 3rd round in a 10 team league i play in.

i would say he mostly fell due to people going a bit QB crazy in the early rounds.

as for paranoia, i think we finally know what we will get with Jackson. A workhorse who will rack up yards, adds some reception value in PPR but will struggle with scores as the Rams offense just isn't very good. He is also injury prone and coming off back surgery.

if his team was better, he would be up in the discussion with CJ, ADP, MJD, Rice, Gore and we would all be making a big fuss over his injuries again.

I pick 8th and was really sour on Jackson because it looked like his name was the one that would be staring me in the face on draft day. But after watching the Rams a bit in the preseason, I've come around. One of my favorite players in the NFL draft was Rodger Saffold. He's manning left tackle with last year's #2 overall, Jason Smith, at right tackle. They've looked pretty solid. And Bradford has been nothing short of amazing. He'll come back down to earth once the regular season starts, but the Rams face one of the easiest schedules in the NFL.

Look, the guy ran for 1400 yards last year on a 1-15 team that consistently faced 9-man fronts because they had no passing game. What will he do with a better team? What's more, who's a rookie QB's best friend? The safety valve: backs and tight ends. Jackson is one of the best receiving backs in the NFL.

Jackson anywhere past 15 is utter theft.

I got jackson with the 39th pick in a 14 team td only, that is crazy, robert meachem was drafted before jackson and these guys have been playing fantasy for 20 years.

I can beat that. I just drafted my money league (10man) and MJD dropped to me at 8th. Then SJax wheeled to me at 13th. :banana:

People are scared of MJD's knee, and cannot trust anything that plays for the Rams. But it made me a happy drafter.

Still think I got ya beat, taking ryan mathews in the 3rd and jamaal charles in the 5th. Throw larry fitz in the middle =)

Still think I got ya beat, taking ryan mathews in the 3rd and jamaal charles in the 5th. Throw larry fitz in the middle =)

You shouldn't brag, you need more friends who aren't mentally ill.

I got jackson with the 39th pick in a 14 team td only, that is crazy, robert meachem was drafted before jackson and these guys have been playing fantasy for 20 years.

TD only league.... you took him too high.