Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

V-davis vs J-finley?

Clearly you've been living under a rock as you haven't heard of Finley Fever. Personally I don't pay for this 2nd tier of TEs but you can be sure the answer from everyone else is going to be Finley. He's going 1 off the board alot of places.

Finley is the number one. He is more of a number one between he and Davis because of Green Bay's passing offense. Rodgers has clearly made Finley the number one receiver in their passing attack. I'd take Finley before Jennings or Driver.

Davis suffers this year because of the run first approach Singletary is going to take with Gore, Westbrook, and Dixon. He may see some goal line looks but they'll be few and far between this season.

They are both studs but ill take the one with the top 3 or 4 QB and one of if not the best offense in league :thumbsup:

While Finley is an absolute freak he will still have those 2 for 15 games mixed in as there are just too many options on that team. I still like him but not as the #1 TE.

Davis should see double digit TDs no question this season (if healthy) I would go davis first

While Finley is an absolute freak he will still have those 2 for 15 games mixed in as there are just too many options on that team. I still like him but not as the #1 TE.

Davis should see double digit TDs no question this season (if healthy) I would go davis first

Sure anyone is going to have the 2 for 15 games but when you see what Rodgers says about Finley it may be hard for him to put up those games.

"He's tough to guard," QB Aaron Rodgers said of Finley. "He's a great player. He's going to be a big part of our offense. Anytime I get the ball, I'll look for him."

Give me Finley every time :doublethumbsup:

Sure anyone is going to have the 2 for 15 games but when you see what Rodgers says about Finley it may be hard for him to put up those games.

Give me Finley every time :doublethumbsup:

^^^this.

As a very well-informed Green Bay fan, I project 1150 yds and 10TDs for him this year. JerMichael Finley is going to absolutely tear it up this year; a matchup nightmare.

I highly, HIGHLY doubt Davis reaches double digit TD's... This team is about running... There will probably be 2 TE's with double digit TD's this year, in the entire league.

I highly, HIGHLY doubt Davis reaches double digit TD's... This team is about running... There will probably be 2 TE's with double digit TD's this year, in the entire league.

We will see. both SF RBs cant stay healthy for more than 13 "full" games. Davis is a freak as well tho.

TE is a deep position but don't sleep on those top guys. Its trendy to see that a position is deep and proclaim that you won't spend a pick on one of the earlier players but think of a few things...

the top 5-6 TE's ranked among the top 22 WR's in PPR scoring formats last year. In PPR flex leagues, it can often be a sneaky play to grab a 2nd TE and use him like a WR in your flex spot. while other people are grabbing Pierre Garcon, Braylon Edwards types, you can grab a Brent Celek instead.

Finley is the #1 TE. Will go for 1600 yards and 18 TDs, health permitting of course.

...But of course. I'm kinda new around here, you're not the Tommy Maddox guy are you?

BTW I'll take either guy and $50 on Davis for double dgit TDs

I don't think Stellers2101 projection on Finley is as crazy as the Tommy Maddox thread. I can Finley ending up with 1300 yards and 14 td's. I can also see teams doubling Finley which will open things up deep for Jennings. If that happens then Finley will still get 1000 yards and 10 td's.

Finley did get 160 yards in the Arizona playoff game. He's also Rodgers main target.

...But of course. I'm kinda new around here, you're not the Tommy Maddox guy are you?

BTW I'll take either guy and $50 on Davis for double dgit TDs

I think that was a different Steelers poster (3403 or something), though I recall being a homer that year and loving the Steelers pass game with Burress and Ward.

Regarding Finley, I'm half joking to make a point that the guy will be huge this year.

I think he will put WR1 stats up with more TDs. 1400 yards and 12-16 TDs is entirely possible, again health permitting. Rodgers' quote posted above was a big selling point for me on top of his talent. If Rodgers targets him as much as he says, he's in for a huge all NFL type year.

I think that was a different Steelers poster (3403 or something), though I recall being a homer that year and loving the Steelers pass game with Burress and Ward.

Regarding Finley, I'm half joking to make a point that the guy will be huge this year.

I think he will put WR1 stats up with more TDs. 1400 yards and 12-16 TDs is entirely possible, again health permitting. Rodgers' quote posted above was a big selling point for me on top of his talent. If Rodgers targets him as much as he says, he's in for a huge all NFL type year.

I was just goofing too because I actually totally agree with you.... i just don't want to say it out loud and jinx it beacuse I took Finley over Davis after covetting Davis for 3 months prior to draft. Just thought it was funny that you hedged your prediction with injury. lol go finley!

I was just goofing too because I actually totally agree with you.... i just don't want to say it out loud and jinx it beacuse I took Finley over Davis after covetting Davis for 3 months prior to draft. Just thought it was funny that you hedged your prediction with injury. lol go finley!

You've got the acknowledge the fantasy gods, otherwise they punish you. I've made the same sort of hedged predictions with Percy Harvin and Ahmad Bradshaw, a couple other players I have high expectations for.

I took Jermichael with a late 3rd in a 14 team league as the first TE off the board and Bradshaw very early in both my leagues. Percy, I kept over Mendy, Roddy and Greene in a return yardage league. I'm heavily invested in all of them and need them all to remain healthy to meet those expectations. Be kind to me fantasy gods!

Yup if Rodgers actually does what he says Finley will be freakin HUGE :shocking: I read somewhere earlier today that he talks alot of smack and the Packers will put up with it as long as he puts up the #s he has lately. I hope he stays healthy :unsure:

If he is Rodgers #1 option and they play like they did together at the end of last year and in the preseason this year then you could see him put up close to #1 WR #s or atleast WR2 numbers.

If got one team with Randy Moss, Roddy White and Finley now there is some potential :lock:

Scenario A)

A run-first team.

Weak QB situation.

Average scoring offence.

WR are mediocre and can't take the double off the TEs.

QBs favorite target is the turf

Scenario B)

A pass happy team.

One of the best QBs in the league.

High scoring offense.

Plenty of talent at WRs to make sure the TE is not always doubled.

The TE is the QBs favorite target

I think the answer is pretty obvious. Even if Davis was more talented - which is debatable - how can you not love the situation Finley is in this year?

Before last season, there was talk about Donald Lee still being a part of the Offense. I haven't heard that this year. Last season he went 37 for 260 and 1TD. Is Lee still a factor to cut into Finley's production? I saw Lee has only 2 rec. this pre-season.

Scenario A)

A run-first team.

Weak QB situation.

Average scoring offence.

WR are mediocre and can't take the double off the TEs.

QBs favorite target is the turf

Scenario B)

A pass happy team.

One of the best QBs in the league.

High scoring offense.

Plenty of talent at WRs to make sure the TE is not always doubled.

The TE is the QBs favorite target

I think the answer is pretty obvious. Even if Davis was more talented - which is debatable - how can you not love the situation Finley is in this year?

I had V.D. last year (was happy too) and apparently the cure is to draft Finley this year. No mas V.D. :banana:

Before last season, there was talk about Donald Lee still being a part of the Offense. I haven't heard that this year. Last season he went 37 for 260 and 1TD. Is Lee still a factor to cut into Finley's production? I saw Lee has only 2 rec. this pre-season.

Donald Lee's role with the team is that of mentor, and role-model - and bit-player. Lee has great work ethic. He is there to guide the young TEs (Andrew Quarless, who is the future JerMichael, and Tom Crabtree, a great blocking TE), and to keep Finley in line. He will still see the field, but in reduced capacity. This is JerMichael's show this year.

He's going to be huge.

The numbers being brought up for Finley are embarrassing, and I'm a GB homer. I believe he's going to be good but the hype is out of control. 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400 yards mentioned alongside 10-15 TD's. Come on, lets settle down. I did in fact draft him but I'd be very happy with 900 yards and 8 td's myself. Defenses will adjust, they always do.

The numbers being brought up for Finley are embarrassing, and I'm a GB homer. I believe he's going to be good but the hype is out of control. 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400 yards mentioned alongside 10-15 TD's. Come on, lets settle down. I did in fact draft him but I'd be very happy with 900 yards and 8 td's myself. Defenses will adjust, they always do.

I'm also a GB homer, but I also stick by my numbers. JerMichael simply cannot be covered in the conventional way; any defensive rolling to his slot will simply result in another player being left in single coverage, or completely wide open. This is not an easy thing to merely "adjust".

I stand by 1150 & 10TDs.

I'd go Finley, but Davis is a nice consolation prize if he's gone.

San Fran was a run first team last year and VDiddy still got double digit TDs. Not buying that excuse for this year.

I TOTALLY disagree. Aaron Rodgers will throw for over 4,000 yards and have about 30-35 TD's. How is this team ALL about the run? :rolleyes:

I TOTALLY disagree. Aaron Rodgers will throw for over 4,000 yards and have about 30-35 TD's. How is this team ALL about the run? :rolleyes:

He was talking about the Niners. :bench:

He was talking about the Niners. :bench:

Oh...my bad.

Then I TOTALLY agree!! :thumbsup: