Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Andy Reid is a moron

As an Eagles fan, I didn't even know what to say about yesterday's game. What a travesty. Somehow they still won. Vick was obviously terrible, but the above explains the WHOLE problem. It's Andy Reid. Stubborn, pompous, Andy Reid. The Browns were one of the worst teams against the run last year finishing 30th in the NFL. Not to mention they have a completely inept offense. The Eagles have one of the best RB's in the NFL. Naturally you would throw the ball over 75% of the time. Makes total sense.

The funniest thing for me was when they were down 16-10 and finally drove the ball down to the Browns 3 yard line. First and goal from the 3 yard line. Game is on the line. Somehow Andy Reid decides that is the perfect time to give his rookie RB, Bryce Brown, a carry on a trap play. :lol: The game is on the line and you decide to give the ball to a rookie for his 2nd NFL carry instead of your Pro Bowl RB. OK, that was obviously dumb. But now it's 2nd and goal from the 4. The ball has to be going to McCoy. Either on a designed run, or on the unstoppable shovel pass play they don't run enough inside the 5 yard line. Instead Reid calls ANOTHER pass play. Vick makes another terrible throw which should of been his 5th interception. Yes, on 3rd down they did throw again and Vick found Clay Harbor for the score. But those first two play calls were the epitome of the Andy Reid era in Philly. I can't wait til he's gone. But now with what happened with his son (obviously a sad situation), he is probably not getting fired again. :wall:

Oh, yea of little faith. This is but one small part of the master plan. Andy doesn't want to wear McCoy out so that he's completely fresh and therefore available to not be used in the playoffs, should they make it. Vick is being fed to the wolves because the plan is, and always was, Foles.

Everyone knows that the best way to counter the blitz is to run right at it.

I always thought screen passes and quick hot route passes is what beats the blitz ...

Isn't his contract up this year? If it's going to happen, this is the year it will happen.

Wishful thinking in my opinion, even though it would obviously be for the best. But I think it's pretty clear that Jeffrey Lurie chose Andy Reid over Joe Banner this past offseason. I don't know if I see him canning Reid now a year later.

Same old Andy Reid. Everyone once in a while (esp. after a thrashing) he'll admit the Eagles threw the ball too much and the team will actually run a balanced offense for a game or two. But you know that very soon it will be back to the pass-pass-pass Eagles. Same old Andy, so damn predictable.

And you would think that after a decade he'd have figured out how to use his timeouts efficiently and how to manage the clock (both to ice the game if ahead and run a hurry-up if behind). :wall:

Oh, yea of little faith. This is but one small part of the master plan. Andy doesn't want to wear McCoy out so that he's completely fresh and therefore available to not be used in the playoffs, should they make it. Vick is being fed to the wolves because the plan is, and always was, Foles.

:lol: :wall: Sounds like the same plan he had a couple years ago with McNabb/Kolb.

For the record:

1. I've been singing this song for years, so I'm not just overreacting to one game. I'm reacting to a decade of the same exact problems every year. I have no confidence that this team can compete for a Super Bowl at all and worse, I have no confidence in Reid's ability to diagnose the problems with this team or fix them either through changing personnel or his scheme. He's maxed out and not good enough.

2. Mike Vick absolutely frigging sucked yesterday so I'm not giving him a free pass. But I blame Vick less because he is what he is - a terrific athlete with poor accuracy who will only be successful in a run-heavy offense that plays to his strengths. So while he was utterly dreadful yesterday and should be ashamed, I mostly blame the imbecile coach who asked him to throw the ball 63 times.

3. With the way RBs wear out from over-use, I really don't want McCoy to handle the rock 20 times every game. He's not built for 300+ carries per year given his role in the passing game. I'd be perfectly fine with 220-250 carries overall with the expected 50-60 receptions. BUT, a genius like Reid should be able to figure out a way to manage another 10-12 carries out of the three other RBs on the frigging roster. Why even draft these guys?

Finally, I get tired of the people who rip on Reid for his post-game demeanor or whatver, since I know the players love him and I think that rah-rah stuff works on the media and fanbase but it has nothing to do with Ws and Ls. However, the man is so goddam thin-skinned and cannot take or answer very obvious questions about his very questionable gametime decisions, and it just comes off like arrogance and contempt for the fans at this point.

Here's the worst part: I have no doubt that the Eagles will look much better next week. In fact, I won't be shocked if they win! After games like yesterday's, they always seem to bounce back strong the next week. The thing is though, I have ZERO confidence in this team's ability to compete with the best of the NFC so it's all for nothing. I can't get excited about a 9-10 win season because I know their ceiling is getting their asses kicked by the Niners or Packers or one of several other teams in the league.

It is just so goddam frustrating. Please fire this d-bag. I've had enough. I love footbball but I just can't take this. :cry:

I always thought screen passes and quick hot route passes is what beats the blitz ...

Actually, it's to run the ball, well, unless it's a run blitz...but NOBODY run blitzes Andy Reid.

Wishful thinking in my opinion, even though it would obviously be for the best. But I think it's pretty clear that Jeffrey Lurie chose Andy Reid over Joe Banner this past offseason. I don't know if I see him canning Reid now a year later.

Well it's either that or wish he chokes on a Big Mac, and because I would prefer termination over death.... I'll have to go with it.

In all seriousness though... after the gigantically embarrassing debacle that was last year, and if yesterday's showing is any indication of things to come, and his contract being up, I can't see any rational business man not realizing it is time for a change. It was time years ago, and anything that may have been fresh in the picture to prevent that from happening (NFC championship appearances, Superbowl appearance, etc.) is now long gone. Anything short of first place in the NFC East and I think Reid is gone. JMO and maybe wishful thinking, but I can't see it any other way.

Well it's either that or wish he chokes on a Big Mac, and because I would prefer termination over death.... I'll have to go with it.

In all seriousness though... after the gigantically embarrassing debacle that was last year, and if yesterday's showing is any indication of things to come, and his contract being up, I can't see any rational business man not realizing it is time for a change. It was time years ago, and anything that may have been fresh in the picture to prevent that from happening (NFC championship appearances, Superbowl appearance, etc.) is now long gone. Anything short of first place in the NFC East and I think Reid is gone. JMO and maybe wishful thinking, but I can't see it any other way.

If the Eagles miss the playoffs I think Reid is gone and Vick with him. You can't fail to win a playoff game for 5 f'ing years and hang onto your job, you just can't.

If the Eagles win 9-10 games and a playoff game? I don't know, I thinkt his ownership just might have him back, I really do. Lucky for me, I am utterly convinced this team could not win a playoff game against most of the NFC field. The NFC seems fairly stacked with good teams and the Eagles are perfectly mediocre in that field.

Go Sixers. :doh:

Here's the worst part: I have no doubt that the Eagles will look much better next week. In fact, I won't be shocked if they win! After games like yesterday's, they always seem to bounce back strong the next week. The thing is though, I have ZERO confidence in this team's ability to compete with the best of the NFC so it's all for nothing. I can't get excited about a 9-10 win season because I know their ceiling is getting their asses kicked by the Niners or Packers or one of several other teams in the league.

It is just so goddam frustrating. Please fire this d-bag. I've had enough. I love footbball but I just can't take this. :cry:

That is the worst part. They have a game like yesterday and as a fan I just want them to suck really hard all season and get it over with (hopefully ending with Reid fired and obtaining some nice draft picks in the process) because you know there is no chance for either making the post season or having any success there. Then they come out for a game or two and actually look like they are playing up to their potential and could be contenders and they win until they suck again or play a team that easily defends Reid's decade old game plans, rinse, repeat. And they do this just enough all season to either not be completely awful or squeak into the playoffs and lose. Thus making it appear as if Andy Reid is a decent coach and just uncontrollable factors led to them not being successful (i.e. Vick getting hurt last year) and there's always next year.

:wall:

I agree with you. Lurie did say in his State of the Team address before the season that Reid will be done if the team goes 8-8 or worse. But what about 9-7 or 10-6 with a playoff berth. Why were the expectations set at better than 8-8? No clue.

He fits right in. :pointstosky:

:wave:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I agree with you. Lurie did say in his State of the Team address before the season that Reid will be done if the team goes 8-8 or worse. But what about 9-7 or 10-6 with a playoff berth. Why were the expectations set at better than 8-8? No clue.

Maybe meaning that there needed to be an improvement over last year and 9-7 will *probably* mean a spot in the playoffs? I think the actual number of wins is probably moot though anyway. I can't see them winning 9 games. Their schedule (non-division) is pretty tough in general this year. The Cowboys appear to have remembered how to play football again. And Washington finally has a QB. I know he said it has to be better than .500, but I just can't see him coming back unless they win the division... which they won't. I honestly believe when they got rid of McNabb it was either Reid or McNabb, and now Reid's time is up. I can't imagine anything happening with this team in it's current state that can save him. Of course in 6 months I may be pounding a head on a wall. But I'm holding out hope.

If the Eagles miss the playoffs I think Reid is gone and Vick with him. You can't fail to win a playoff game for 5 f'ing years and hang onto your job, you just can't.

If the Eagles win 9-10 games and a playoff game? I don't know, I thinkt his ownership just might have him back, I really do. Lucky for me, I am utterly convinced this team could not win a playoff game against most of the NFC field. The NFC seems fairly stacked with good teams and the Eagles are perfectly mediocre in that field.

Go Sixers. :doh:

Cowboys, Giants, Redskins

Are they even the 3rd best team in the NFC east?

Cowboys, Giants, Redskins

Are they even the 3rd best team in the NFC east?

Talent wise, yes. They might be the most talented team in the division, which is why soo many people picked them to win the division. But their coaching staff on game day has got to be the worst, which is why they won't win the division. Also, they have the most question marks at the most important position on the field.

Talent wise, yes. They might be the most talented team in the division, which is why soo many people picked them to win the division. But their coaching staff on game day has got to be the worst, which is why they won't win the division. Also, they have the most question marks at the most important position on the field.

Most talented team in the division? I'm not so sure about that.

The Eagles have the best RB and potentially the best DL in the division, although that last one was close. Otherwise, where are they appreciably better than anyone else in the NFC East? We may have the worst QB in the division. We certainly have the worst gameday coach.

The Eagles have the best RB and potentially the best DL in the division, although that last one was close. Otherwise, where are they appreciably better than anyone else in the NFC East? We may have the worst QB in the division. We certainly have the worst gameday coach.

Punter?

I'd say arguably offensive line (although they didn't look it in Week 1) and CB. There are some good WR's in this division but the Eagles are on par. There is no elite team in this division. I'm saying overall I think the Eagles have the most TALENT in the NFC East. Obviously it's very close. Compare them position by position to each team and I think the Eagles come out on top. I believe that. That doesn't always translate to on field success though. Also, your last two points are maybe the most important ones. We are weak in two of the most important areas (QB and coaching).

from Jason Whitlock...

10. The most significant QB performance of the weekend did not belong to Peyton Manning or Robert Griffin III or Tony Romo. Michael Vick had the performance we can read into, the performance that potentially foreshadows the rest of the season.

It was laughable reading stories about Andy Reid defending Vick’s performance. Andy Reid needed to be defending his own performance.

Let me explain. I don’t want to shift focus away from Vick’s awful performance. He was bad. Really bad. But Reid was every bit as bad as Vick. Reid and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinwheg were absolutely clueless on Sunday. Philly’s pass protection was non-existent in the first quarter. Vick took some big hits and was seemingly harassed on every play. Vick and Philly’s offensive line needed to be bailed out by LeSean McCoy.

Reid refused to run the football. The Eagles kept throwing and Vick kept getting hit and more frustrated. Vick is undersized and, for the first time in his career, he can’t simply rely on his legs to fix problems created by his arm. Vick desperately needs the support of a strong running back-led running game. He’s a bootleg, play-action passer. He doesn’t move linebackers and the secondary with his eyes and clever pump fakes. He’s not that kind of QB. He can only fool linebackers with play-action passing. The threat of McCoy is the key to creating passing windows for Michael Vick. This is not some CIA secret.

Andy Reid is the only person on the planet who refuses to accept this simple fact.

In a tight game the Eagles led for much of the day, Reid waited until the fourth quarter, until after Vick’s fourth interception, to realize he needed to feature McCoy. Vick threw the ball 56 times on a day McCoy averaged 5.5 yards per carry.

Andy Reid is a moron. I mean that. I don’t care how many regular-season games he’s won. Or maybe Reid wants Vick carried off on a cart so the Eagles can switch to a quarterback who can actually play the game from the pocket with some savvy.

from Jason Whitlock...

10. The most significant QB performance of the weekend did not belong to Peyton Manning or Robert Griffin III or Tony Romo. Michael Vick had the performance we can read into, the performance that potentially foreshadows the rest of the season.

It was laughable reading stories about Andy Reid defending Vick’s performance. Andy Reid needed to be defending his own performance.

Let me explain. I don’t want to shift focus away from Vick’s awful performance. He was bad. Really bad. But Reid was every bit as bad as Vick. Reid and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinwheg were absolutely clueless on Sunday. Philly’s pass protection was non-existent in the first quarter. Vick took some big hits and was seemingly harassed on every play. Vick and Philly’s offensive line needed to be bailed out by LeSean McCoy.

Reid refused to run the football. The Eagles kept throwing and Vick kept getting hit and more frustrated. Vick is undersized and, for the first time in his career, he can’t simply rely on his legs to fix problems created by his arm. Vick desperately needs the support of a strong running back-led running game. He’s a bootleg, play-action passer. He doesn’t move linebackers and the secondary with his eyes and clever pump fakes. He’s not that kind of QB. He can only fool linebackers with play-action passing. The threat of McCoy is the key to creating passing windows for Michael Vick. This is not some CIA secret.

Andy Reid is the only person on the planet who refuses to accept this simple fact.

In a tight game the Eagles led for much of the day, Reid waited until the fourth quarter, until after Vick’s fourth interception, to realize he needed to feature McCoy. Vick threw the ball 56 times on a day McCoy averaged 5.5 yards per carry.

Andy Reid is a moron. I mean that. I don’t care how many regular-season games he’s won. Or maybe Reid wants Vick carried off on a cart so the Eagles can switch to a quarterback who can actually play the game from the pocket with some savvy.

:pointstosky:

Thought I should bump this thread after Reid's Chiefs went 2-5 over the past 7 weeks including today's game, when they rested their starters and let a division rival into the playoffs.

I got a little nostalgic when Fat Andy called a play action pass on 4th and 15, last play of the game. That'll fool em big red. :overhead:

Thought I should bump this thread after Reid's Chiefs went 2-5 over the past 7 weeks including today's game, when they rested their starters and let a division rival into the playoffs.

I got a little nostalgic when Fat Andy called a play action pass on 4th and 15, last play of the game. That'll fool em big red. :overhead:

I believe that was 3 or 4 passing plays in a row with the back of his QB to the defense fake handoff. This is an offensive genius?

Haha, Chip doesn't learn, first play of 2nd half, play action, Foles sacked and loss of 9 yards. 3 and out.

Hi. I've been in a foreign country with no TV, Internet or US newspapers for the past two months. Did Coach of the Year Andy Reid and the 9-0 Kansas City Chefs win the Super Bowel yet? :dunno:

Hi. I've been in a foreign country with no TV, Internet or US newspapers for the past two months. Did Coach of the Year Andy Reid and the 9-0 Kansas City Chefs win the Super Bowel yet? :dunno:

Did Andy Reid father your big headed kid? You have some real issues.

Did Andy Reid father your big headed kid? You have some real issues.

Aren't you going to threaten to come to Philky and kick my ass, you pimple faced virgin twink? :lol:

Aren't you going to threaten to come to Philky and kick my ass, you pimple faced virgin twink? :lol:

I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire much less go to Filthy to have anything to do with a phag like you. LOL

I guess Chip Kelly's a moron too! lol

He will be, if he continues to mismanage the clock again, and again, and again.

But personally I think Chip will learn from his mistakes.