Sign in to follow this  
p00h

LJ cut

will someone scoop up LJ and make him their featured back, or is this cat going to quietly sail off into obscureness???

any thoughts???

He sealed his fate when he tried pulling a Barry Sanders and reversing back around on that sweep! :lol:

I thought, "what a moron, he deserves to get cut for that play."

And voila!

I think LJ was cut because how versatile Keiland Williams has been. Most people don't know that Keiland Williams was once a 5 star HS recruit. He has talent and I think Shannahan is finally comfortable with the possibility of Williams being his starter if Portis goes down.

I think LJ was cut because how versatile Keiland Williams has been. Most people don't know that Keiland Williams was once a 5 star HS recruit. He has talent and I think Shannahan is finally comfortable with the possibility of Williams being his starter if Portis goes down.

:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, he probably doesn't have much value unless Portis gets injured. Still, Williams is on my radar.

Shanahan is the king of making undrafted talent worthwhile, and I expect the same here. Shanny brought in Ryan Torrain, who was one of his last draft picks in Denver, and Keiland beat him out for the 3rd spot. Combine that w LJ being cut, Portis playing bad, and the stage is set for Keiland Williams to be at least in a time share, if not the starter outright. Injuries aren't the only reason people lose their jobs, performance counts too.

will someone scoop up LJ and make him their featured back, or is this cat going to quietly sail off into obscureness???

any thoughts???

He is done.

He was done two years ago....:D

...and then there was one. Washington is slowly weeding out their old, broken down backs. Parker and LJ are now gone, so that leaves Portis who has alot of miles on the treads and has somewhat of an injury history in two of the past four seasons. Not predicting imminent doom for Portis, but the clouds are gathering and Keiland Williams is a tweaked ankle or another ineffective game away from becoming a major factor.