Sign in to follow this  
H-man

Several invaluable football info websites now charging $ for services

My top 3 (fantasy) football gem websites that provided critically useful info for free last year are now charging to use their services. Anyone have any good sites that provide invaluable, unique football information that can be applied for fantasy purposes? I'm talking about weekly in-depth player scouting reports, weekly player ratings based on film study, player participation stats (%of snaps played), etc.

My top 3 (fantasy) football gem websites that provided critically useful info for free last year are now charging to use their services. Anyone have any good sites that provide invaluable, unique football information that can be applied for fantasy purposes? I'm talking about weekly in-depth player scouting reports, weekly player ratings based on film study, player participation stats (%of snaps played), etc.

I really hope that if you are paying someone to do your work for you, they are making you loads of money. There isn't anything you pay for you cannot find a way to get free. Do a Google search or get to know people at sites like this. Instead of paying for information, develop a network of friends in various cities. It works for me and some others here. Paying for information.... lol This isn't 1990. We have the internet now. There isn't any top secret information I can think of worth paying for, outside of who really killed JFK, but that isn't typically found on rotoworld. lol

This is a joke, right? :unsure:

I can learn how to do brain surgey just by googling and youtubing it. there are 100000000000 sites that will tell you to start a qb just because last week the defense gave up x yards to the previous qb. FF advice is like music, why would you ever pay for it?

I'm actually not talking about FF advice websites. I'm talking about a select few websites that provide special NFL player and team information that can be applied for fantasy purposes. There's a reason these sites that used to provide this information for free last year are now charging this year- they realize it's invaluable, incredibly useful info that is difficult (impossible?) to find anywhere else, and also it costs them time and money to obtain this info so I guess they were losing money by giving it away for free.

I'm actually not talking about FF advice websites. I'm talking about a select few websites that provide special NFL player and team information that can be applied for fantasy purposes. There's a reason these sites that used to provide this information for free last year are now charging this year- they realize it's invaluable, incredibly useful info that is difficult (impossible?) to find anywhere else, and also it costs them time and money to obtain this info so I guess they were losing money by giving it away for free.

What are some examples of sites that are now "pay for info" sites?

Maybe we can all pitch in and pay for these sites and their invaluable info. :mellow:

:music_guitarred:

You strike me as the kind of guy that spends many hours per week analyzing minutiae, decides who to play based on essentially meaningless stats, and then wonders what happened when the drunk guy who forgot to update his roster until five minutes before gametime beats you handily.

I don't get the mockery. Pro Football Focus was a fun place for any stat head to waste some time, regardless of any fantasy benefit. It was also good if you couldn't watch a game, and wanted to see if a guy's performance was legit, or if he was only on the field for 10 plays and just got lucky.

To the OP: I haven't found any similar sites for free, and I don't expect to. Niche product that involves a lot of time on their end.

I only paid for a website two years out of 17. I won the Toilet Bowl both those years. I have 5 Championships otherwise. Screw paying for fantasy websites. They don't know anything more than anyone else.

It's a bit wierd that everyone's jumping on him for paying for a website when the point of the post was that he wasn't going to pay for the websites...

Reading Comprehension FTW :overhead:

It's a bit wierd that everyone's jumping on him for paying for a website when the point of the post was that he wasn't going to pay for the websites...

Reading Comprehension FTW :overhead:

He's being mocked by his asking here where the best FF site are, corky.

hth

Thank you all for making my day. It is rare I'm sitting at work and nearly fall out of my chair laughing, but this thread managed to get me there. Could be thread of the year.

He's being mocked by his asking here where the best FF site are, corky.

hth

Oh yeah?

Cause that's not what he asked Helen Keller.

Oh yeah?

Cause that's not what he asked Helen Keller.

Anyone have any good sites that provide invaluable, unique football information that can be applied for fantasy purposes?

Don't quit your day job, Corky.

All right, I'll ask the question: What are these 3 websites you're talking about?

I found one site last week that fits your "unique" criteria. I don't think it'll give you any of the "inside" info you're seeking though. If anyone does find a free site that actually has great inside info, please share it! But, as others have commented, I wonder if inside info actually exists - paid or free.

http://www.fantasypros.com/

They don't give any of their own advice. They just track the accuracy of popular "experts" and have some cool tools that organize all the expert opinions/rankings. I'm guessing it won't take the place of the sites you were using, but they're free and pretty different from all the run of the mill "we give better advice" websites out there.

Since that seems to be a new site, I'm guessing you are somehow a part of it? New site, new forum member... Hmmmmm.... lol

I found one site last week that fits your "unique" criteria. I don't think it'll give you any of the "inside" info you're seeking though. If anyone does find a free site that actually has great inside info, please share it! But, as others have commented, I wonder if inside info actually exists - paid or free.

They don't give any of their own advice. They just track the accuracy of popular "experts" and have some cool tools that organize all the expert opinions/rankings. I'm guessing it won't take the place of the sites you were using, but they're free and pretty different from all the run of the mill "we give better advice" websites out there.

GREAT FIND!!!

WOW...thank you.

Frank M

You strike me as the kind of guy that spends many hours per week analyzing minutiae, decides who to play based on essentially meaningless stats, and then wonders what happened when the drunk guy who forgot to update his roster until five minutes before gametime beats you handily.

Winner :banana:

Yeah, it's a great site but too bad they don't let you compare flex players. I've got to make a call between Johnny Knox on MNF or Hightower (with Beanie possibly eating into his touches). I'll post it up as poll in the help section...just can't make up my mind this morning!